Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I was so hoping for an old "killer" character, like Laura, though I do realize the likelihood of GF coming back was next to nil.  Ah, well.  Just what the show needs, another new character.

Edited by Fellaway

I'll be so glad to see Rebecca on screen again where she's not forced to act opposite Cameron Mathison. She seemed really dull and lifeless during those last few Rylee years. Greenlee was such a spitfire during the Leo/Greenlee days and one of my faves, so I know RB can bring it when she's having fun.

• Love 2

Sigh. Once again, I am confused.  I looked up this actress - first on Twitter (sorry I did, it's an ass-kissing jubilee over there), then on Wikipedia.  Her character was on All My Children, right?  But her character's name (part of it) is Devane Lavery, so...is she related to Anna and Duke, and if so, how? 

Yes, I know I could have read the mind-numbing character bio but I am lazy.

Sigh. Once again, I am confused.  I looked up this actress - first on Twitter (sorry I did, it's an ass-kissing jubilee over there), then on Wikipedia.  Her character was on All My Children, right?  But her character's name (part of it) is Devane Lavery, so...is she related to Anna and Duke, and if so, how? 

Yes, I know I could have read the mind-numbing character bio but I am lazy.

Rebecca Budig is playing a new character on GH.

On AMC, her character - Greenlee Smythe - was at one point married to Aidan Devane, who was a distant relative of Anna's (Finola Hughes played Anna on AMC for a few years in the early '00s).  The Lavery comes from Cameron Mathison's (odious) character Ryan Lavery, who Greenlee was oft paired with.

Edited by TeeVee329

Rebecca Budig is playing a new character on GH.

On AMC, her character - Greenlee Smythe - was at one point married to Aidan Devane, who was a distant relative of Anna's (Finola Hughes played Anna on AMC for a few years in the early '00s).  The Lavery comes from Cameron Mathison's (odious) character Ryan Lavery, who Greenlee was oft paired with.

Ok, thanks. 

I have nothing against Rebecca Budig as an actress, but we have ENOUGH people on GH as it is, and most are people who have actually been on for a while. How about writing for them? Oh, right. It's all about power grabs and newbies. History and things that make sense be damned.

• Love 7

I have nothing against Rebecca Budig as an actress, but we have ENOUGH people on GH as it is, and most are people who have actually been on for a while. How about writing for them? Oh, right. It's all about power grabs and newbies. History and things that make sense be damned.

This is exactly my issue with it. Or why don't they trying wrapping up Fluke and Jakeson before they tackle another newbie!?

I freaking LOVE Rebecca.  I am ecstatic over this.   Greenlee and Leo were and will always remain my all time favorite soap couple.  I even have old VHS edits of all of their scenes.  I stopped watching AMC after a while, so I never really saw a lot of Greenlee and Ryan.  I'll pretend that never happened.   She found Leo and they are living happily in Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLNSUWcxtjw

*sigh*

• Love 4

I don't understand why they keep casting new people instead of writing good stories for the ones they already have.  The way this show is ran is mind boggling.  And infuriating.

Bite your tongue!   The only characters I have hated more than Lily were SWSNBN and Laura English on AMC.  Lily is DEAD DEAD DEAD.   DEAD.

Oh how I hated Laura English!  Not as much as SWSNBN, but it was very close.

• Love 5

Pardon if this has already been mentioned, but my eyes are twitching from perusing all the spoilers on this board to see if it has been...

"Michael files a wrongful death suit, step one in bringing Sonny down."

http://www.generalhospitalcriticallist.com/Spoilers.html

I think this is a great idea, and I love it.  Bankrupt Sonny, at least for a little while.

Well that list also has Ava shows up on Sabrina's doorstep asking for help when it turns out it's Carlos and Johnny.

I do like some of the other spoilers.  I forgot Ric is a lawyer so that explains why he's visiting Jake.

I'm glad that Anna & Ava are going to be back on-screen soon. This fuckery is so much more tolerable with those two around. And as much as I love Dante, he also isn't enough of a reason to keep tuning in.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I know Anna's in the spoilers for next week (she has a surprise for Sloane, I hope it's a gift-wrapped kick in the nuts), not sure about Ava.

MW taped again, can't check the dates at the moment but I'd say we should see her again towards the end of February/maybe early March.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

Of course Silas would be stupid enough to risk his medical career to help her. 

Seriously this makes no sense. I mean the man barely had time for Nina his wife who he was a party to causing her coma yet now he's besties with the woman who kept his daughter from him his whole life.

• Love 2

Seriously this makes no sense. I mean the man barely had time for Nina his wife who he was a party to causing her coma yet now he's besties with the woman who kept his daughter from him his whole life.

Well he already let her hide out at his place while she was wanted for murder and Sonny was trying to kill her so I guess this is no surprise. Dude is a sucker. 

I can't speak for Silas, but without Ava he would be in no man's land. He has no story whatsoever. He's done with Sam, he's done with Nina, he has no friends, nothing in his life except Kiki. It's been how long since he started, and he's gone absolutely nowhere. What else would they do with him? Treat a cancer patient once every six months?

I'm personally not happy about it, because I'm ready for him to leave the show. But I think this is (unfortunately for me) the only place he has to go right now. Otherwise, he has no purpose, medical degree or not.

• Love 2

I can't speak for Silas, but without Ava he would be in no man's land. He has no story whatsoever. He's done with Sam, he's done with Nina, he has no friends, nothing in his life except Kiki. It's been how long since he started, and he's gone absolutely nowhere. What else would they do with him? Treat a cancer patient once every six months?

I'm personally not happy about it, because I'm ready for him to leave the show. But I think this is (unfortunately for me) the only place he has to go right now. Otherwise, he has no purpose, medical degree or not.

Major sigh

I mean the man barely had time for Nina his wife who he was a party to causing her coma

I don't care about Silas at all; if he just disappeared and was never mentioned again, I don't think I would notice.  That being said, while he was absolutely a shitty husband, he is in no way responsible for her coma.  Madeline gave Nina the overdose because she was pregnant and Madeline didn't want there to be a Silas baby that could inherit the money.  Nina did not overdose herself because of Silas's affair; she had made the decision to forgive him.  Madeline is solely responsible for Nina's coma.

Of course Silas would be stupid enough to risk his medical career to help her.

Eh, every medical professional in Port Charles risks their medical career to help a criminal sooner or later.  I'm surprised its not a prerequisite to getting your license.  None of them seem to suffer any consequences for it.

• Love 6

So Rebecca Budig tweeted that she apparently is going to be in scenes with Ric/Rick Hearst.  Huh, was not expecting that.

Also, I saw SPECULATION that rang true to me that Budig will end up playing someone somebody hired to pose as Jake(son)'s wife.

Edited by TeeVee329

NGL, I kind of want BM to leave as soon as his contract expires. It would serve Cartini right- they've done nothing with him or this story. I also want to see how Ron would take out his petty frustrations of "how DARE he leave when the story was just heating up? No, really, it was! He should've trusted in my brilliance, waah!" in the writing. And on Twitter.

• Love 8