Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Ugh. Carly talking to Joss about how Jason was the first person to ever show her unconditional love caused me to strain an eye muscle from rolling them so hard. Every now and then I think that they might be setting up a triangle (or square) of sorts with Sonny, Carly, and Jason (and maybe Sam if they go the square route) but I really think they are just trying to hammer home that Carly and Jason are the bestest friends who ever friended and no one can ever compare to them

I know. I don't ever want Carly and Jason to get together, because the only thing that keeps me from hating Jason for enternity is his refusal to sleep with Carly again, but on the other hand, a Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam triangle/square has some potential. Of course, the writers would totally squander it, and the women would come off badly, but it's kind of amazing the show hasn't gone there. The Rick/Monica/Alan/Lesley stuff drove stories for years. But we can't have Sonny and Jason look "weak" by wavering in their faith for their women. (Sonny can [and has], but not St. Jasus.)

• Love 5

Jason's faith in Carly far outstrips his faith in Sam.

According to him, Carly is the bestest mother and friend and the smartest person evah because she has such good instincts that she saw Nelle for the person that she was (so he told Michael).  Sometimes she does things that cause her problems but that's because she's so passionate and loving.

The problem is that Jason loves both Carly and Sonny. To have an affair with Carly means he would be betraying Sonny and he would never do that, he cares about them so much. Sam who?

Also Danny who? and Jake who? when it comes to Michael, Joss or Morgan.  He doesn't care about Kristina because she's not Carly's child.(Can you imagine how upset Jason would have been if it had been Michael who almost got blown up by Sonny?)

• Love 9

When the birth mother of Lucas and Brad’s adopted baby says she wants her  child back, Brad panics. In desperation, he tells Julian part of the story and appeals to Lucas’ father to help him. Despite their estrangement, Brad knows Julian would want to protect Lucas from any pain.

I like this idea.  It's a good conflict for Julian who is trying to put his criminal activities behind him and trying to get his family back.  (Certainly better than Sam's unrelenting one-sided hatred of him while loving Sonny and Jason and Lucas' Don't Come Near My Baby).  And it's a much better story for Brad than the one about getting revenge on Finn.

They just need to make it about Brad/Lucas and Julian and not about Michael's and Carly's sadz. Not that there is any hope of that.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The problem is that Jason loves both Carly and Sonny. To have an affair with Carly means he would be betraying Sonny and he would never do that, he cares about them so much.

That betrayal is of course where the drama is, and this show is allergic to drama. (Not to mention positively radioactive to the idea of sullying St. Jasus.)

Jason’s concern for Carly intensifies.

Ugh, and why? She's out of Ferncliffe and Nelle is gone. Her smug is off the charts.

• Love 6

For all that Jason says how tough and amazing Carly is, her family feels the need to treat her like a fragile flower.  Which she most certainly isn't, especially when dealing with people like Monica. She's as tough as old nails and nasty to boot.

I think the only storyline that would interest me for that crowd is if Jason finally gave in to his feelings and had an affair with Sonny

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason’s concern for Carly intensifies.

Ugh, and why? She's out of Ferncliffe and Nelle is gone. Her smug is off the charts.

Why is this an issue? Both Jason and Carly have somehow gotten off scot-free for their actions in Ferncliff and you know that Carly will wind up being The Only One that can save Kevin once she figures out it wasn't a hallucination that made her see him in there. Ugh, why does this Kevin/Ryan story have to be tainted by Sonny/Jason/Carly?

• Love 5

Every story is somehow connected to Corinthi shit.  Somehow Cam's story got looped in with Joss and Carly needing to "put Liz in her place"

I'm waiting for how they'll connect Nina's long lost daughter to them, she's probably the real mother of the Brucas baby and will probably expose them and CARSCUM and Lassie will be vindicated once again!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Ugh. Carly talking to Joss about how Jason was the first person to ever show her unconditional love caused me to strain an eye muscle from rolling them so hard. Every now and then I think that they might be setting up a triangle (or square) of sorts with Sonny, Carly, and Jason (and maybe Sam if they go the square route) but I really think they are just trying to hammer home that Carly and Jason are the bestest friends who ever friended and no one can ever compare to them just like we are supposed to see Jason and Sam as some amazing couple. Ugh.

Joss should have said "well mom, maybe if you didn't come to town to get revenge on Grandma by sleeping with her husband, and pouring alcohol all over Michael's father, who by the way, I've heard was your FIRST friend,  you might have had better luck in the unconditional love department".

UGH so glad I don't watch. The disgust factor just reading the things these fools do and say. No thank you.

ETA BTA, someone needs to remind Carly of VIRGINIA BENSON-who if memory serves, very much DID show that Jason cheerleading HAG, unconditional love.

Where is Ava when you need her to blow up a car with Jason and Carly both in it ? 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hater said:

I'm waiting for how they'll connect Nina's long lost daughter to them, she's probably the real mother of the Brucas baby and will probably expose them and CARSCUM and Lassie will be vindicated once again!

Lassie's ghost is offended at being lumped in with these pieces of filth. If a dog analogy must be used, why not Cujo?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

For all that Jason says how tough and amazing Carly is, her family feels the need to treat her like a fragile flower.  Which she most certainly isn't, especially when dealing with people like Monica. She's as tough as old nails and nasty to boot.

Michael is strong and brave until he decides to deal with Nelle on his own, then he hasn't the faintest idea what he's up against. Sonny is the toughest mobster on the Eastern Seaboard, until it's time to go to jail and his claustrophobia kicks in (not meaning to deride a legit pathology, just how it's used on this fakakta show). 

These aren't layers, Show. This is having it both ways, as you always do.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Lassie's ghost is offended at being lumped in with these pieces of filth. If a dog analogy must be used, why not Cujo?

Cujo is reserved for Carly.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny is the toughest mobster on the Eastern Seaboard, until it's time to go to jail and his claustrophobia kicks in (not meaning to deride a legit pathology, just how it's used on this fakakta show). 

I know that this has been said a lot but it is mostly said by the people that love and care about Sonny. Not his enemies. Not the cops. Not the DA. 

In fact, if anyone of those people knew how severe that reaction would effect Sonny, they would have thrown him in jail on a more frequent basis over the years, the way they had Jason.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

In fact, if anyone of those people knew how severe that reaction would effect Sonny, they would have thrown him in jail on a more frequent basis over the years, the way they had Jason.

That would be deliberately cruel and torturing him and I don't see anyone who would do that other than possibly Valentin. Not ever Julian or Franco.  On the other hand, Jason, Sonny and Carly absolutely would use it against someone they thought had "betrayed" them.  Just look at Jason so eager to kill Julian only because he wants to expand his legitimate business.

The show has always used Sonny's claustrophobia as his Get Out Of Jail card while never showing how it affects his life in other ways or Sonny seeking treatment for it.  I have claustrophobia in a much milder form than Sonny and it shows itself in several ways in my daily life: the need doors to be kept open for me even bathroom doors (which I do have to close); hating dark or enclosed spaces,  I practically have to be sedated for an MRI even in an open MRI machine.  Sonny's claustrophobia affects none of his every day life until the show needs a reason why he cannot be put in jail like everyone else.

There is only a small handful of people on the show who would like to see Sonny pay for his crimes and other illegal activities (Julian, Ava, Monica and now Margeaux) but none of them would throw him in jail just so that he can freak out.  And they can't since now ever the police commissioner and Det Chase is on his side.

• Love 2

Jason's faith in Carly is really just his (and Steve Burton's IMO, because I feel there has been too much spillover between actor attitudes and character) faith in himself. Whether he says it outright or not, he has always attributed all that is good about Carly's post-Michael adult life to himself and his sainted influence over her. That's how Jason's behaved with her ever since she fucked Sonny, AFAIC. He loves and is loyal entirely on his terms. When Carly crosses him, or Sonny, or their world he turns. He did it to her in 2004 and he'd do it again. I'm not even sure if he'd put Robin before Sonny and the mob. I can't recall him ever having to make that choice in the 21st century.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Just look at Jason so eager to kill Julian only because he wants to expand his legitimate business.

Well, not quite. Jason and Sonny are afraid the body will be discovered when the renovations begin. Of course, had they not made a huge deal about it in the first place,  no one would likely suspect Sonny.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That would be deliberately cruel and torturing him and I don't see anyone who would do that other than possibly Valentin. Not ever Julian or Franco. 

Franco who put a man in dog cage?

I would agree about Julian who was ineffective when he was a mobster.

I meant Sonny enemies who were always introduced as evil and would do anything to destroy Sonny e.g Sorel, Manny, the Russians and the Balkan.

The PCPD and law enforcement have been written as incompetent when it comes to Sonny and his crew, but not evil. However if the likes of Taggert, John, Ric and Scott had the chance when they were trying to get Sonny put away in prison and knew about his condition, they would have done it. Real cops have sometimes displayed this type of behavior to get a confession.  It is not pretty or moral but it does unfortunately happen. There is no reason to believe that the soap cops wouldn’t grow frustrated with always losing to Sonny.

• Love 1

Sonny's enemies were always presented as mustache-twirling evil to justify what he does but let's look at how he behaves to regular people on the show.  He tricked Avery away from Ava, getting her to sign away custody when she was in the Burn Unit in massive pain.  He hung AJ on a meat hook so he could steal Michael from him.  Sure, Ava and AJ had their flaws and sins but they didn't deserve what Sonny did to them.  And that doesn't even come near to trying to kill undercover cop Dante.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, not quite. Jason and Sonny are afraid the body will be discovered when the renovations begin.

Yes, Sonny and Jason are afraid of what the renovations will uncover. But in terms of Julian's wrong doing, he didn't do anything to justify Jason hurting him much less killing him.

Ava and AJ might want to torture Sonny by putting him in a small cell but when push comes to shove, I don't think either of them would.  The really hurtful characters on this show are Sonny and Jason.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sure, Ava and AJ had their flaws and sins but they didn't deserve what Sonny did to them. 

Disagree. AJ had his flaws, and as others have mentioned, the act of him kidnapping Sonny's kids (and that could be Faith Roscoe deviating from whatever AJ intended) just so he could have Michael could be argued the act of a man in a desperate state. Ava murdered an innocent woman, Kate Howard. It wasn't an accident, she fucking shot her and left her to die (putting aside Sonny's idiotic  handling of getting her help). In light of the suffering that evil Nelle inflicted on poor poor Carly when she "framed" her, no one points out that Ava was just as (or even more) despicable she let AJ rot in prison for it, while he waited for the trial without hinting at any guilt for doing this to a man that managed to finally get something of his life back after decades of being hounded by Sonny and Carly. 

Ava absolutely deserves her treatment from Sonny, and Sonny deserves his treatment from Ava everytime she figures out how to get the upperhead. I don't have an ounce of pity for either of them when one gets the better of the other. Poor Avery is the one that suffers  but having these assholes. Michael giving up custody was the worst thing he did to her. She was better off with him and away from both Ava and Sonny. 

• Love 8

Yeah, A.J. and Ava are not comparable. Ava's own actions put her in that hospital as well.

Only time I've felt sorry for Ava is when she gave birth and it was heavily implied crazy-ass Nina, let's just say violated her to deliver and take the baby. No one deserved that. It was nauseating.

• Love 6

Is this promo for Y&R? 

Because in-between the traditional shots of Carly/Jason/Sonny, it's just Phyllis' coma baby - which we saw yesterday! - and Billy and Chloe kissing.

Edited by TeeVee329
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Nice how we finally circle back to Kevin/Ryan after not mentioning them at all since the cliffhanger last Friday. The pacing on this show sucks.

Yep. I'm quite pissed over it taking so long to circle back to this story. The only valid reason is scheduling conflicts with Jon and if that's not the case then...*shakes fist at cloud* 

• Love 1

Ava absolutely deserves her treatment from Sonny

Sure she does.  But the Sonny character is written for the most part as if he is an average joe.  He is not.  He (and his crew) has/have taken over the camera time allotted to doctors and nurses on this show leading to him being more concentrated and more powerful (deciding who lives and who dies and who is 'popular' and who is 'hated').  Sonny embodies an omnipotence that is powered by murder, maiming, extorting, bribing, and theft.  Meanwhile we just get, in comparison to Sonny, glimpses of Ava's life - but the writers spend just as much time writing some 'opposition to Ava' dialogue in addition to the enablers constant praising or loyalty meme of the Corinthos.  The audience is left with a diluted dose of Ava and a concentrated dose of Sonny.  It's totally unabashedly unbalanced.  Flesh out Sonny and upgrade the potency of the toxicity of Ava and/or AJ.   Rinse and repeat. And then they created a character worse than Sonny - Franco.  All they have to do is trot him out and stick him in the hospital setting and suddenly Uncle Sonny doesn't seem so bad.

• Love 3

Looks like Elizabeth Korte got a promotion (Creative Director?) -- her name no longer runs last. On yesterday's show, Donnie's name came after hers, but she was listed all by her lonesome after the head writers. Well, she's suffered long enough and likely deserved the bump up. She's supposed to be the go-to person regarding GH history. Let's see if the writing improves...

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They might get the history correct, but it's always used entirely wrong.

You mean like when they talk about all AJ's evil wrongdoings and how that is used to justify the fact that Sonny killed him and got away with it?  

Or like how mean old Robin spilled the beans about Michael's paternity as if her life wasn't directly, and negatively, being affected by the lie?

Or the bare-minimum of lip service is given to the living hell Carly made of Bobbie's life when she first came to town?

Funny what these all have in common...

• Love 11
On 8/19/2018 at 9:01 PM, statsgirl said:

He tricked Avery away from Ava, getting her to sign away custody when she was in the Burn Unit in massive pain. 

I remember it as being even worse than that.  At a point when she had full custody, Sonny went to her and played good guy while she was sitting vigil by Kiki's bedside after the shooting. He outlined it as a temporary arrangement: you've got enough on your mind; you need to be with Kiki; let me and Carly watch Avery just until things are better. She took him up on it, Kiki recovered, and every time Ava tried to hold him and Carly to the "temporary" arrangement, there would be some excuse why she couldn't have her daughter (of whom she had full legal custody!) back. Carly would say Avery was already asleep, or Sonny would say Carly had taken her to the park, or some stall tactic. Then Carly came up with the Paul sex tape for blackmail, and later they got the additional leverage of her involvement in Morgan's death. 

They showed themselves more than willing to play dirty to keep Avery away from her mother, even long before Ava's stunt with Morgan's pills (before they knew about it and before it happened). And while Ava has been written to do many bad things, I don't think any writing team has portrayed her as a bad mother to Avery. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I remember it as being even worse than that.  At a point when she had full custody, Sonny went to her and played good guy while she was sitting vigil by Kiki's bedside after the shooting. He outlined it as a temporary arrangement: you've got enough on your mind; you need to be with Kiki; let me and Carly watch Avery just until things are better. She took him up on it, Kiki recovered, and every time Ava tried to hold him and Carly to the "temporary" arrangement, there would be some excuse why she couldn't have her daughter (of whom she had full legal custody!) back. Carly would say Avery was already asleep, or Sonny would say Carly had taken her to the park, or some stall tactic. Then Carly came up with the Paul sex tape for blackmail, and later they got the additional leverage of her involvement in Morgan's death. 

They showed themselves more than willing to play dirty to keep Avery away from her mother, even long before Ava's stunt with Morgan's pills (before they knew about it and before it happened). And while Ava has been written to do many bad things, I don't think any writing team has portrayed her as a bad mother to Avery. 

You left out the part where he sent black roses to Kiki, so Ava would think that whoever shot Kiki was going to come back to finish the job and convinced her that, for Avery's safety, she should be with him.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You left out the part where he sent black roses to Kiki, so Ava would think that whoever shot Kiki was going to come back to finish the job and convinced her that, for Avery's safety, she should be with him.

And somehow when all of this was going on, their case worker that was supervising Sonny's initial supervised visits with Avery never came back or questioned why the custody agreement wasn't being followed and why he suddenly had unlimited access to the child.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Sure she does.  But the Sonny character is written for the most part as if he is an average joe.  He is not.  He (and his crew) has/have taken over the camera time allotted to doctors and nurses on this show leading to him being more concentrated and more powerful (deciding who lives and who dies and who is 'popular' and who is 'hated').  Sonny embodies an omnipotence that is powered by murder, maiming, extorting, bribing, and theft.  Meanwhile we just get, in comparison to Sonny, glimpses of Ava's life - but the writers spend just as much time writing some 'opposition to Ava' dialogue in addition to the enablers constant praising or loyalty meme of the Corinthos.  The audience is left with a diluted dose of Ava and a concentrated dose of Sonny.  It's totally unabashedly unbalanced.  Flesh out Sonny and upgrade the potency of the toxicity of Ava and/or AJ.   Rinse and repeat. And then they created a character worse than Sonny - Franco.  All they have to do is trot him out and stick him in the hospital setting and suddenly Uncle Sonny doesn't seem so bad.

I also said that Sonny deserves Ava treatment of him. Ava is either treated as the most tragic person ever or the stuffy art lady, when she isn't commiting fatal crimes. My point wasn't that Sonny doesn't suck, but that AJ and Ava are not comparable, Ava is a much worse person than AJ was. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yes, she was the Carly fangirl. She's still probably the best dialogue writer on staff though.

By default. I think she's the only pre-Cartini hire left.

And you sure can't hear it in the dialogue.

Edited by jsbt
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Ava is worse than AJ was. But neither of them are as bad as Sonny, the "hero" of the show.

So? Ava paid as much for he crimes as Sonny. (Ok, here I will admit that Sonny has gotten away with far more shit than her or anyone barring Jason, including Franco, but again with the measuring stick, that isn't a great one). My issue is the statement that Ava's "flaws" are at all comarable to AJ's flaws. They aren't. I don't very much she even has anything like AJ's anxiety disorder.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, jsbt said:

By default. I think she's the only pre-Cartini hire left.

And you sure can't hear it in the dialogue.

There's Kate Hall as well, although she wasn't around for long before Cartini came on. I think she was on AMC and started to write on GH after that, but she is okay.