Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

I'm putting this here, because she's not a regular co-host, but she was on as a guest co-host this week: Ana will be on as a panelist on Real Time this Friday.

18 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I don't wish ill on Sen. McCain at all, but when he passes, I have to believe Meghan will leave the show. Not for any reason except it's really hard to carry on after losing a parent you are close to.

And I think the reason they hired her was because John McCain asked them to. And the brass did so because of his illness. Even if he said he told her she should do it.

12 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I have the same feeling. Not only because she will need time to grieve, but it would be such bad form to let her go while he is still alive. She will need an out, whether it's when he is near death, or gone. I hate saying that, but she is so NOT cut out for this job. It's just that she is much more high-profile than say, Jed, who they dismissed with no notice or fanfare whatsoever. I don't see that happening with Meghan, because of her pedigree, and out of respect for her father. Without him, and his current delicate situation, I think she'd be gone already. 

See above. I think she took the job because her dad asked her to because he's sick. She is so ill-suited for this show. Despite having appeared as a guest, she came on this show thinking it was Cross Fire. I don't think it would be in bad form to let her go now. She brings the show down and gets personally offended at every criticism against her party, as if the criticism is aimed at her personally. And it stalls the conversation.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I think the reason they hired her was because John McCain asked them to. And the brass did so because of his illness. Even if he said he told her she should do it.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

See above. I think she took the job because her dad asked her to because he's sick. She is so ill-suited for this show. Despite having appeared as a guest, she came on this show thinking it was Cross Fire. I don't think it would be in bad form to let her go now. She brings the show down and gets personally offended at every criticism against her party, as if the criticism is aimed at her personally. And it stalls the conversation.

And I'm pretty sure ABC thought they would get something out of hiring her.  Inside info regarding the Mueller investigation?    More people tuning in to see Meghan give us updates on her dad's health?  I'm sure they never expected to get  a competent likable co host.  And on that assumption they were correct.

14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think Sunny asked the question to set up Meghan, really. She probably thought Meghan wouldn't be able to resist going for it and that would have put Meghan's lie last week under a spotlight. Too bad it didn't work this time. Sunny plays the game low-key, lol, which is why I like her. It's the same way she is with Whoopi: she rarely goes up against her directly because she doesn't want to end up like Paula. Instead she'll say something vague or ask a particular question that will lead the discussion a certain direction (like a teacher would do in a classroom).

I know she and Meghan talk about going out for drinks all the time, but I see Sunny as a "friends close, enemies closer" kind of person, lol.

Sunny seems like a very nice person.  She is also an attorney.  I have no doubt she sees Meghan for who she really is and is just playing nice all the while with her guard up.

• Love 12
(edited)
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Like I refuse to believe that EVERYONE in either Sedona, Scotsdale, or wherever your father's ranch is actually located,

Cornville, Arizona.  Population 3000+.  Thirty miles from Sedona (which Meghan apparently feels is more sophisticated).   Phoenix TV news and newspapers never say the ranch is in Sedona.

Edited by Former Nun
Bolded "never."
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that the show is trying to rehabilitate her image.  They must know that she is not liked by the audience. If I was a conservative, I would be embarrassed, by her incoherence, malapropism, immaturity and nasty attitude.  She just wants to fight and spout her point of view, unchallenged..

Taking response to Meghan's Thread.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:20 AM, Haleth said:

Sara will be back on Monday.

Yay!  I like Sara, she cracks me up.  I hope she can keep her hands to herself. Lol

Caught yesterday's show and watched today:  Chelsea Clinton is a class act and was great as a guest.  She really has diplomacy down.

Did I just hear MM ridicule "The Base"?  The tariffs will only be felt by the base when the price of beer goes up?  I am hard pressed to come up with any group she hasn't insulted.

I did like MM shirt and Whoopi's sweater set.

• Love 9

Most professional  actors study breathing techniques to get them through longer scenes (and other reasons). Maybe WG never did, or has not used them in a long time, or maybe her years of smoking contributed to the fact that when she reads from the teleprompter she sounds like an out-of-shape marathon runner stumbling to the finish line? (or perhaps her over the top bellowed intro simply leaves her out of breath?) She was particularly annoying on yesterdays show with her out of sync breathless renderings.

As for her substantial weight gain after her Slim Fast firing, my theory is that, since she no longer got the product for free... she just stopped using it!

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, pachebo said:

As for her substantial weight gain after her Slim Fast firing, my theory is that, since she no longer got the product for free... she just stopped using it!

I suspect her quitting smoking also contributed to the weight gain.

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Did I just hear MM ridicule "The Base"?  The tariffs will only be felt by the base when the price of beer goes up?  I am hard pressed to come up with any group she hasn't insulted.

Da Fuck? If this sounds like what it does as I'm reading it, my question is, how the FUCK would she know, since she's ALWAYS BEEN RICH.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan learned a new word.  Paradigm.  And referenced Occam's Razor.  It should be noted before she used that phrase she readjusted her earpiece.  Maybe someone told her to say that.

After applying Occam's Razor to Meghan,   she's an idiot.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

"Beer cans and the Second Amendment". Isn't Meghan the one who insists that Trump supporters are more intelligent than depicted in the media?  Now she's saying they are only interested in beer and guns?  (And she herself doesn't understand the implications of a tariff.  A trade war will end up in lost jobs for many and inflation for all.)

• Love 15

I just watched the show with Chelsea Clinton.  What a bright, articulate, thoughtful guest she was, regardless of which party she supports.  She seems so much more intelligent than MM and Ivanka.  Maybe Ivanka is different in person, since Chelsea says they were friends, who knows. 

And I got the feeling Condi Rice is a big trump supporter and somehow doesn't agree with the Mueller investigation although she admires and respects him.  

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

"Beer cans and the Second Amendment". Isn't Meghan the one who insists that Trump supporters are more intelligent than depicted in the media?

Win/win?  If the price of beer goes up you can't afford a gun?

You are right though.  She says Joy is disrespectful of her group and then she lumps them all in herself.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Haleth said:

"Beer cans and the Second Amendment". Isn't Meghan the one who insists that Trump supporters are more intelligent than depicted in the media?  Now she's saying they are only interested in beer and guns?  (And she herself doesn't understand the implications of a tariff.  A trade war will end up in lost jobs for many and inflation for all.)

Meghan “I grew up in politics/Talk about politics my whole life and all the time” McCain CLEARLY  wasn’t listening or paying attention. Thus her OBVIOUS ignorance what trade agreements are or how tariffs work.  Along with everything else she claims to know, but proves her ignorance every time she opens her mouth.??

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Orillia said:

After applying Occam's Razor to Meghan,   she's an idiot.

aaaaaaaaaaand there  goes a perfectly good mouthful of coffee down the side of the wall Hah!

• Love 9

Elsa was quite stunning today in her statements about Trump and the tariffs, stating that Republicans are against him on this issue. Joy pointed out, why is this the topic that finally gets Ryan to speak out?   Elsa continued schooling the table and the audience, and when Joy said to Elsa, what do you think will happen, Elsa snarked something like, what did I just say.  Even when she is in conversation and agreeing with the table, she still sounds so bitchy.

I know this is awful, but I enjoy whenever they dress Elsa and it is an epic fail, like it was today.  For the others, I usually feel bad.  Even Whoopi.

Whoopi was very difficult to follow again today.  I regard this as an exercise for my brain, attempting to follow any thread of logic that may or may not exist in her ramblings.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan “I grew up in politics/Talk about politics my whole life and all the time” McCain CLEARLY  wasn’t listening or paying attention. Thus her OBVIOUS ignorance what trade agreements are or how tariffs work.  Along with everything else she claims to know, but proves her ignorance every time she opens her mouth.??

Which is all the fucking time.  Geez, Meghan, can you let anyone finish a sentence??  At least the 'apologized' to Sunny for interrupting her - multiple damn times - but it really would be nice to hear what someone has to say without Meghan screeching over her.

Can you IMAGINE the hemorrhage Meghan would have if a New Yorker had said what she did about the base turning on Trump because of the price of a can of beer going up?  I guess:  her tribe, she can talk smack about them.   Gah.  She really is insufferable.

So glad Sara is coming back.  :-)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Whoopi was very difficult to follow again today.  I regard this as an exercise for my brain, attempting to follow any thread of logic that may or may not exist in her ramblings.

Good luck. Normally, I can see where Whoopi is going, but today, she was beyond me. It would help if she used specific nouns (and Trump's name or even "The President") instead of words like "stuff" and "thing," but then, where would the challenge be?

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Orillia said:

On Sunny thinking The Bachelor was real. I mean seriously ? Sometimes I wonder if what we're seeing on this show is real.

It's real in a way people are trying out to be in showbiz if that's what you mean.

1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

I meant to post this yesterday.  I wonder what TPTB think about Whoopie trashing The Bachelor yesterday.  I don't watch it, but I'd think ABC wouldn't look kindly on someone ridiculing it.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I meant to post this yesterday.  I wonder what TPTB think about Whoopie trashing The Bachelor yesterday.  I don't watch it, but I'd think ABC wouldn't look kindly on someone ridiculing it.

I doubt it. She's been trashing and ridiculing the show for years. Going back to the Sherri years.

59 minutes ago, Orillia said:

On Sunny thinking The Bachelor was real. I mean seriously ? Sometimes I wonder if what we're seeing on this show is real.

I think what she meant was, that she thought Becca's heartbreak and tears were real. And then to learn, that night, she was made and is going to be the next Bachelorette made her feel manipulated. Now today, when Whoopi was giving her the side-eye, she was doing it teasingly.

So, they did talk about Stormy Daniels suing? What I want to know is, did she just find out that he didn't sign the NDA? Because if she knew before that ha hadn't, then what the FUCK was all that of her being coy and refusing to answer, spouting NDA nonsense?? She's just another fame whore like everyone else.

I'm getting so tired of Meghan's "discomfort" when sex is being discussed.  Past presidents have had it; Clinton wasn't the first. And I don't feel sorry for Melania one bit. Joy said it, she knew EXACTLY what she was getting into when she married him; she was the one he was cheating with when he was married to Marla. This...constant of Poor Poor Melania, as if she's some naive wife who had NO IDEA what she was in for is such BULLSHIT.

• Love 19
On 3/6/2018 at 7:26 AM, AdeleDazeem said:

Well, I'd like to hear Chelsea Clinton (She was on Colbert last night. She looks and sounds just like her mother. CC was incredibly thoughtful, intelligent and articulate.), but, I can't watch MM.

Wonder if they'll bring up Tamblyn's yesterday's tweets-controversy.

What was the tweet controversy @AdeleDazeem?  I must have missed that one, thx

• Love 1
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I just watched the show with Chelsea Clinton.  What a bright, articulate, thoughtful guest she was, regardless of which party she supports.  She seems so much more intelligent than MM and Ivanka.  Maybe Ivanka is different in person, since Chelsea says they were friends, who knows. 

And I got the feeling Condi Rice is a big trump supporter and somehow doesn't agree with the Mueller investigation although she admires and respects him.  

Her words were certainly measured. It made me wonder whether she were a Trump-supporter. Then I remembered Rice's words are so typically measured. I decided she simply didn't want to come across as that political. I can't see her being a Trump-fan, and I hope I'm not wrong. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, pachebo said:

Most professional  actors study breathing techniques to get them through longer scenes (and other reasons). Maybe WG never did, or has not used them in a long time, or maybe her years of smoking contributed to the fact that when she reads from the teleprompter she sounds like an out-of-shape marathon runner stumbling to the finish line? (or perhaps her over the top bellowed intro simply leaves her out of breath?) She was particularly annoying on yesterdays show with her out of sync breathless renderings.

Many times people comment that I sound short of breath when I talk on the phone.  In her case, it is probably all the cigarette and weed smoke taking it's toll. Or she could be borderline asthmatic like me.  As for slim fast, I would have had to get that product for free to use it.  It was basically liquid with a lot of fiber to fill you up.  I would be hungry again in an hour.

7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Win/win?  If the price of beer goes up you can't afford a gun?

You are right though.  She says Joy is disrespectful of her group and then she lumps them all in herself.

And if they can't get drunk, then they won't fly off the handle as easily and shoot people up.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, maggiemae said:

I'm not a fan of this MM rehab and make her likable tour the show is doing. 

I am kind of impressed that she seems to be going along with it.

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

suspect her quitting smoking also contributed to the weight gain.

Because I gained 100 pounds (in 10 years) after being diagnosed with lupus...and being on Prednisone for five years...I always diagnose others.  It's LUPUS!   My fees are extremely reasonable.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, mbutterfly said:

Her words were certainly measured. It made me wonder whether she were a Trump-supporter. Then I remembered Rice's words are so typically measured. I decided she simply didn't want to come across as that political. I can't see her being a Trump-fan, and I hope I'm not wrong. 

I agree. I've never liked Condi Rice because of her politics, but also because she really never comes out and says anything concrete. It's always bland. She does get fired up about her NFL football though. I always picture her playing the piano (with the best posture) while a game is on, and she interrupts her playing to give a big Hurrah! for her team. (Sorry, I have a strange imagination.)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11

Wednesday, Whoopi talking about the trump/stormy daniels story - she talks about it as "adultery".  NO, the AFFAIR is not the issue.  It's the PAYOFF that's the issue.  

Just like Watergate - it's not the crime, it's the cover-up.    Trump denied the affair, even though his lawyer admits to paying Stormy daniels to be quiet about it.  You don't pay somebody $130,000 to keep quiet about something that didn't happen.   I hate that The View focuses on the adultery, when that's not the issue.

• Love 24
(edited)

I want Whoopi's sweatshirt. (Never thought I'd say that.)

I am absolutely gobsmacked that Meghan didn't grill Adam about refusing to meet Mike Pense.  

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
(edited)

Screw you, Deborah Roberts! Meghan learned about oral sex from the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal. You have no right to be concerned about your son! /sarcasm 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 8
(edited)

I've noticed that MM is happy when the attention is on her, her family, what she likes (Real Housewives or Bachelor idiotic shows; or screeching about NOT talking about sex); or getting to talk lengthily (without saying much) about whatever she is reading on her cards, etc...........Otherise, not so much when others are talking.  Her View matters the most, I guess.

I was surprised that she sat in on Ava Duverney yesterday, just because Ava talked about inclusion so much.  Love her. 

Chelsea showed a lot of class in her demeanor and responses yesterday.  Precisely how a real President's daughter should act.

I caught up on 3 days worth of the View yesterday, so I also noticed that MM frequently makes a authoritative, long, run-on statement on  something about politics, and then says that she won't profess to understand why whatever it is happened, or is happening, or can't guess about what's going to happen, etc..... It's like MM read the info on the blue card, and then realizes that she doesn't remember what her husband told her, or lost her train of thought on the data, or just doesn't have a clue.   It's like MM thinks is ok to say that she doesn't know what she just read??????  Her self-described "immersion in politics" her whole life belies her comments. OFTEN.

Oh, AND QUIT LOOKING AT THE CAMERA!!!!!!

LOOK AT THE PERSON WHO IS TALKING. 

Oh wait..... My bad.

Edited by Tosia
I really dreaded watching MM cuz she's a drag.
  • Love 16

So Whoopi said neither she nor her mother were a feminist because they are black, and the women's movement, was not inclusive for minorities?

And Joy countered that you may not feel part of the movement, but you can still be a feminist based on the definition, and that Whoopi's mother could still be a feminist, and Whoopi said, No, it's not inclusive. That Joy was wrong, and they couldn't be feminists.

So Whoopi is saying that minority women couldn't be feminists?

My grandmother raised three children, had two jobs, and constantly told me, her grandchild, the importance of an education, and to work hard, and never depend on a man for a lifestyle. She was the biggest feminist in my life.

I agree with Joy!!! Minorities might not felt inclusive in the movement, but that doesn't mean you can't be a feminist.

• Love 21
16 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

She has also proclaimed on this show that she gets her news from BBC and not ABC. Arrogant as hell and ABC has nobody else to blame. They let the bully continue on this show and she feels invincible.

• Love 11

Posters here have described MM's demeanor in the walkout as "gunning for bear". On yesterday's show she looked like she was going on a big game hunt right after the show. That outfit did NOT flatter!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So Whoopi said neither she nor her mother were a feminist because they are black, and the women's movement, was not inclusive for minorities?

And Joy countered that you may not feel part of the movement, but you can still be a feminist based on the definition, and that Whoopi's mother could still be a feminist, and Whoopi said, No, it's not inclusive. That Joy was wrong, and they couldn't be feminists.

So Whoopi is saying that minority women couldn't be feminists?

My grandmother raised three children, had two jobs, and constantly told me, her grandchild, the importance of an education, and to work hard, and never depend on a man for a lifestyle. She was the biggest feminist in my life.

I agree with Joy!!! Minorities might not felt inclusive in the movement, but that doesn't mean you can't be a feminist.

I think that Whoopie was talking about intersectionality and the criticism that women of color have leveled against the feminist movement.  

Joy was talking about the movement and living  your life, as a feminist, without calling yourself one.  She  also said that a man could be a feminist.

Whoopi is so damn contrarian and she was not willing to listen to Joy..  She has to always be right and will never concede a point.

Sunny is right in that the word feminist, like the word, liberal, has been used as a slur to malign people.

Deborah Roberts did not want to call herself a feminist because of her southern heritage. I did not really understand what she meant by that..I don't think that feminists  are against chivalrous behavior from men.  

Megan is an ignoramus, so, she will repeat the talking point that being a feminist means that you are pro-abortion and hate men.. 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny is right in that the word feminist, like the word, liberal, has been used as a slur to malign people.

It's true.  A lot of people equate feminist with "man hater" or not feminine.  

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Whoopie was talking about intersectionality and the criticism that women of color have leveled against the feminist movement.  

Joy was talking about the movement and living  your life, as a feminist, without calling yourself one.  She  also said that a man could be a feminist.

Whoopi is so damn contrarian and she was not willing to listen to Joy..  She has to always be right and will never concede a point.

Deborah Roberts did not want to call herself a feminist because of her southern heritage. I did not really understand what she meant by that..I don't think that feminists  are against chivalrous behavior from men.  

Megan is an ignoramus, so, she will repeat the talking point that being a feminist means that you are pro-abortion and hate men.. 

^^^^ x 1000 ^^^^  All your points ... right on!!!

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan says she isn't a feminist.  Shocking.

She said this before already. Why is she repeating herself?

45 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree with that.  She is a rich white woman.  She has never needed to be a feminist because she was born with every opportunity at her fingertips.  And she is wrong.  Feminism isn't all about reproductive rights.  Sunny explained she is personally against abortion but believes in equal pay and a host of other things in regard to feminism.

Let me guess. The subject somehow came up again today and she had to repeat, because she's Pro-Life, she's not a feminist?

• Love 8
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Both were right, just miscommunicating. Joy was talking about feminism (the idea of women with power/taking charge), while Whoppi was talking about Feminism (the movement). Whoppi made a coherent argument! Gold star day for sure.

Megan, meanwhile, was over in the conservative sandbox trying to fling shit in everybody's eyes. 

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 15
(edited)

I did have to give Meghan credit for calling out Whoopi's bullshit about she herself inviting Conservative women to Women's Marches and such. "Which women?"   Whoopi had no answer but "I'll tell you later."

(Whoopi should have said "all your good friends.")

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17