Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Meeting Mariah's Girlfriend

• Start Topic

I hope Meri does go for Mariah's sake.  Moral and politicals opinion aside, I think Mariah is really cool and would love to see Meri and her reconcile and establish a relationship once again. 

Regarding Kody's displeasure, Meri can do as she pleases now that they're divorced.  Did the previews show Jenelle going with Meri, or did neither of them go?  

After Mariah made her big announcement I felt a bit sorry for Meri.  She doesn't hide her feelings very well, and if I were to guess her thoughts they'd probably include a sadness over losing a conventional future with Mariah.  It had to be difficult, especially since this awarenesss coincided with the traditional events occurring with Madison and then Mykelti.  

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

I hope Meri does go for Mariah's sake.  Moral and politicals opinion aside, I think Mariah is really cool and would love to see Meri and her reconcile and establish a relationship once again. 

Regarding Kody's displeasure, Meri can do as she pleases now that they're divorced.  Did the previews show Jenelle going with Meri, or did neither of them go?  

After Mariah made her big announcement I felt a bit sorry for Meri.  She doesn't hide her feelings very well, and if I were to guess her thoughts they'd probably include a sadness over losing a conventional future with Mariah.  It had to be difficult, especially since this awarenesss coincided with the traditional events occurring with Madison and then Mykelti.  

I'm wondering if Kody is worried about things getting violent. 

As for Meri, I don't have children so I can't say for sure 100% how I would initially react, but I am very liberal in areas like women's rights and LGBTQ issues, so I believe I would be very supportive right away. But I do understand why it may take some parents a minute to adjust to something like that. It must be quite a jolt for many, especially if there were no indications that their child might be gay. I remember reading that even Cher, one of the top gay icons in the world, went crazy when first hearing that her daughter (at the time) Chastity was gay. Not saying it's right, just saying I understand why some parents may need an adjustment period.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm wondering if Kody is worried about things getting violent. 

As for Meri, I don't have children so I can't say for sure 100% how I would initially react, but I am very liberal in areas like women's rights and LGBTQ issues, so I believe I would be very supportive right away. But I do understand why it may take some parents a minute to adjust to something like that. It must be quite a jolt for many, especially if there were no indications that their child might be gay. I remember reading that even Cher, one of the top gay icons in the world, went crazy when first hearing that her daughter (at the time) Chastity was gay. Not saying it's right, just saying I understand why some parents may need an adjustment period.

My oldest son is gay.  Obviously I love him and support him.... but I still think watching Mariah and Meri go out for a march is going to be a snore.   We march for breast cancer and other social issues so I "get it" - but I wouldn't want to watch an episode of people marching for THOSE causes, either.  Other than people being curious about the sexuality issue - to a lot of people I think it's like watching paint dry.   Hopefully Janelle and Meri's "issues" will be more interesting.

• Love 10

Wow -- feel bad for Caleb having a pulmonary embolism. He was acting kind of obnoxious before explaining that -- i.e. I'm soooo excited to live here; soooo proud to be 30 with a pregnant wife and living with my inlaws. The parents of course glossed it over as -- school; work; financial and of course better for the baby to be raised around family. Um -- sure -- unless it is truly financial though, they could rent a nearby apartment/house in Vegas, right and be near family but on their own and with their own space? I thought Caleb had a skilled tradesmen kind of job like welding; those tend to pay $$$. I wonder if he quit that for college (bc if he wanted to go to college why wait until 30 -- it's not like he was off in the army or something) OR if he had to quit because of his health -- which actually would be pretty unfortunate and explain the sudden need to move home as his paycheck was gone.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, cereality said:

Wow -- feel bad for Caleb having a pulmonary embolism. He was acting kind of obnoxious before explaining that -- i.e. I'm soooo excited to live here; soooo proud to be 30 with a pregnant wife and living with my inlaws. The parents of course glossed it over as -- school; work; financial and of course better for the baby to be raised around family. Um -- sure -- unless it is truly financial though, they could rent a nearby apartment/house in Vegas, right and be near family but on their own and with their own space? I thought Caleb had a skilled tradesmen kind of job like welding; those tend to pay $$$. I wonder if he quit that for college (bc if he wanted to go to college why wait until 30 -- it's not like he was off in the army or something) OR if he had to quit because of his health -- which actually would be pretty unfortunate and explain the sudden need to move home as his paycheck was gone.

• Love 9

I don't know why they go to therapy either. The real problem seems to be that Janelle was the 2nd wife and married Kody.  Polygamy is basically at the heart of most of their problems but they ignore this.  But I've always thought Janelle is secretly gay and honestly never liked Kody the same way the other wives did. 

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

We could probably file this observation under Nitpicking, but Janelle and Meri live in the same cul-de-sac and arrive at therapy in separate vehicles?  They truly despise each other, don’t they?

Last season (or maybe the one before?), the therapist asked them to drive somewhere in one vehicle and listen to an audiotape. They refused. They ended up saying they'd listen to the audiotape in their separate cars. It was actually quite sad.

edit: I'm saying audiotape, but it was probably a podcast or something. Lol. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

Noticed when they were outside, the others were still outside talking to Mariah and her friends and Janelle was walking back into the house.  Her and Meri just don't work. I don't feel Janelle is very interested in her sister wives children, shocked she would go on this trip.  Meri only seems interested in Robyns kids.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Noticed when they were outside, the others were still outside talking to Mariah and her friends and Janelle was walking back into the house.  Her and Meri just don't work. I don't feel Janelle is very interested in her sister wives children, shocked she would go on this trip.  Meri only seems interested in Robyns kids.

I’ve noticed that same dynamic with some grandparents. They might have 4 adults kids, but are closer with grandkids from 1 or 2 of those kids. 

11 minutes ago, JustDuckie said:

Did you hear? Caleb is having a boy. Because he wanted a boy. And he needed a boy buddy. And he wants to go hunting with a boy. And Maddie dreamed it was a boy. Thank god it's a boy - a girl would have been such a disappointment. I just can't with the 1st generation or the 2nd generation of the Brown family. They are all just too much.

Poor unwanted girl baby.  Hopefully they will ONLY have boys.

• Love 13

Oh Jenelle - "It seems as though there are going to be a lot of angry people there". Hahahahahahahaha, ya think? I get that NOW we all know what that march was all about and maybe she was a little naive going into it, but had she watched ANY msm news program and there really should not have been any doubt what they were in for. 

Edited by JustDuckie
  • Love 10
29 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Color me shocked. I like Mariah. She looks good, seems to have a nice group of friends, and was really working hard to mend her relationship with her mother. 

I agree. I liked Mariah much more this episode and her girlfriend too. She seems so much happier and in a better place. Much better than when she was so bitchy and snarky and negative with her mom. I mean, I agreed with Mariah for her snarkiness —ha ha—but this is a much better look on her. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

You have something in your world more important than Mariah and her happiness? Kody, you are the worst.

He is too much, isn’t he?  My protest is more important than your protest!  It’s me, me, me, all the time with Kody.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, JustDuckie said:

Did you hear? Caleb is having a boy. Because he wanted a boy. And he needed a boy buddy. And he wants to go hunting with a boy. And Maddie dreamed it was a boy. Thank god it's a boy - a girl would have been such a disappointment. I just can't with the 1st generation or the 2nd generation of the Brown family. They are all just too much.

Arg 'Axel' and Caleb only wanting a boy to hunt with.....trash...so much trash

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Mimiray802 said:

I don't know why they go to therapy either. The real problem seems to be that Janelle was the 2nd wife and married Kody.  Polygamy is basically at the heart of most of their problems but they ignore this.  But I've always thought Janelle is secretly gay and honestly never liked Kody the same way the other wives did. 

Janelle has said quite a few things about Kody that shows she lusts after him.  I think we already know that Janelle approached Kody about marriage, leaving Meri out initially.  I also expect they were possibly having an affair before they married.  I wouldn't be surprised if Janelle dumped her first husband, Meri's brother, for Kody.  That's awkward all the way around.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I also expect they were possibly having an affair before they married.  I wouldn't be surprised if Janelle dumped her first husband, Meri's brother, for Kody.

I don't know if they were having an affair, I think the part about Janelle dumping Meri's brother for Kody is true. It was talked about on the show. Only they didn't use the word "dumped". Which is exactly what she did. I can see how Meri would have an issue with Janelle over that. I think Janelle in her quiet, low key way is a big bitch!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

So I will give Maddie and Mylketi a pass on the dyed hair.  As a kid, my father would NOT allow anything other than lemon juice on our hair if we wanted to "enhance" it. My mother had honey colored hair as a teen and young adult and then it darkened to brown.  She always referred to it as Mouse or Rat brown.  I would, as a child, tell her to dye it or highlight it, since she didn't like it.  My father would scowl and my mother would very "properly" tell me, good girls don't dye their hair.  Once I left home I had my hair almost every color - Malfoy blonde, red, magenta, burgandy, purple striped - you name it, I may have had it.  As I got older and cut my hair short my hairdresser always tells me what great color I have - a brown with highlights of gold and auburn.  I look at it and see my mother's rat brown hair - my emotionally, mentally and physically abusive mother and can't wait to dye it another color.  

It may be that dyeing their hair is just a way of breaking from the household.  It may be a way of expressing their individuality.  And they are young.  Part of being young is experimenting with different things then you grew up with, even if they don't work out.

I think the hair dying began with an attempt at individualism since, excepting Robyn's children, they're a family of blonds.  But once most of the older girls started dying their hair the same color, they started looking like each other again.  Aspyn's the smart one in that group.

• Love 3

Maddie mentioned Caleb had the flu (or they thought he did?) when he was diagnosed with a PE. I could be way off here, and often am, but couldn’t the PE be a complication of the flu? If that’s true, then it’s not like he’s more of a risk than anyone else. I think it’s more a case of laziness and the cure for that is a J.O.B. 

I might be in the minority but I dislike Tony a fraction less than Caleb. At least he’s employed and isn’t living with his in laws. 

• Love 3

I had multiple (18) bi-lateral PEs that almost killed me; it really does change your life. He may have scar tissue in his lungs depending on how serious the clots were. I've had 4 other clots in my legs with residual pain and decreased lung capacity; life pretty much sucked for the first year after it happened. Even if he is on coumadin (which in itself it's a hassle); there is no guarantee he won't have another clot (I had 3 after my PEs). It's not just the physical effects of the PEs; there is a psychological component of one minute you're fine, the next you're in life-threatening danger but then sent home with a pill and a kick out the door; it's a complete mind-fuck.  

There aren't a lot of "does" on the strip but there are plenty oh "ho's"! Caleb will have plenty of animals to hunt since they are in a largely unincorporated area still being developed although there are plenty of coyotes;  I have a condo right next to Lone Mountain/215 and often heard them at night. 

• Love 19

Two comments:

I was waiting for someone to mention Janelle was originally married to Meri's brother. What an interesting, tangled web they've created. I'd love to hear more about all of this.

Second comment, I wonder exactly why Caleb had the pulmonary embolism? He's so young... that's very scary.

• Love 1

Audrey is certainly a breath of fresh air after FT. It was great to see Mariah sparkle again. And I liked when Kody said, “This is different. But we’re good at different.”

Mariah's friends all seem pretty great. 

Still watching. More later!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

PEs are serious, and they are life threatening.  But Caleb's was diagnosed and it's resolved.  There's no reason to believe it's going to happen again unless he has a clotting disorder.  If he was diagnosed with a clotting disorder he will be on an anticoagulant, and he will be monitored.  Hundreds of thousands of people have this problem and go on with their lives in a productive manner, without running back home to be cared for by parents.  Pregnant women get PEs and yet manage to have and care for their babies, as well as go back to work after maternity leave.

I'm wondering if due to his medical problems if they moved home because they didn't have insurance and now have several medical bills to pay

• Love 8