Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Mary & Adam

Tara Ariano

Oh jeez, not Mary again. Repeat catfish + Mrs Nev= this show has jumped the shark. At least the show gave Mary new teeth and her first experience in first class so she got something positive out of this. 

As for Adam, I get that he can’t do anything to mess up his custody situation with his sibling right now, but still no excuse to lead people on (yes, even Mary). It seems like Adam is trying out his new identity online because it’s safe and without actually having to commit to a real relationship. I think Adam needs to find more people like himself, possibly in the university community at Auburn since it seems like it might be a while before he can leave the state. He needs a real relationship close to home. 

• Love 4

I just started this episode so I’m not finished

I don’t want to be mean,but how old is she?

She just looks so unhealthy,she needs to get a grip on her weight,before she ends up on TLC’s My 600ib Life,She looks young but she only Appears to have like 5 top teeth,what’s that all about? 

She needs to work on loving herself before getting into a relationship,it will never work until she loves herself. 

Oh she got new teeth. They look nice, they make a huge difference! 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 3

As soon as I heard Adam's voice, I thought "that's a female", & as soon as I saw him, I knew he was transgender. I like how Nev kept asking Mary if there was anything she wanted to tell them, I wouldn't believe anything she said.

4 hours ago, Steph J said:

This season needs 100% less of Mrs. Nev. She adds nothing.

Totally agree, & having her randomly just show up is really stupid.

Mary looks so much better with teeth. As pretty much anyone would.

• Love 10

Laura is thirsty!!!   No more,Nev. We don't want to see her or your baby anymore. Confine your videos and cute stories to your parents who are the only ones who care.  Meanwhile, I believe this was Mary's redemption episode. As she said, she got called out so viciously on social media, I think she wanted a chance to be shown as the vulnerable one ( and maybe earn the money for those new teeth). That said, this show makes me feel so sad for humanity. "Adam" is the son/ daughter of a mother with " a lot of problems"; he's transitioning; he is stuck with custody of a younger sister AND he has mouth cancer and refuses to give up chew.  How the hell does he have the energy or focus to be involved in all these online or real relationships?  Just one of the previously stated issues would have me in therapy 24/7.  There would be nothing left to give to any other relationships.  But apparently, people are so lonely they will take whatever crumbs that they are thrown.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, GaT said:

As soon as I heard Adam's voice, I thought "that's a female", & as soon as I saw him, I knew he was transgender. I like how Nev kept asking Mary if there was anything she wanted to tell them, I wouldn't believe anything she said.

Totally agree, & having her randomly just show up is really stupid.

Mary looks so much better with teeth. As pretty much anyone would.

I had the same thought about Adam. I was like "He's hiding from her because he's actually female," and the second he stepped out the door I knew he had been born biologically female. It was a little less obvious in the "two months later" segment with his hair shorter, but it was really obvious to me in the first meeting.

I don't watch this show live so I fast-forward through anything that has to do with Nev's wife or baby. I don't care. 

That "I can't exactly be seen in public with you" was like, OUCH. Her new teeth look great and I hope she's happy. She's better off without him. Also, dipping is nasty.

• Love 5

NO MORE NEV'S WIFE!!! I can't believe she 1)  popped by 2) Mary was star struck 3) she called during a segment to give more priceless insights and advice! STOP!

What did Adam mean that he couldn't be seen in public with Mary?

I also don't get how he had the energy to juggle online lovers with all the stuff he had going on but also he was a total asshole.

• Love 10

Why are they so hard on Mary? Yeah, she's a previous catfish, but she's kind of a sad soul, so I cut her some slack. They were so rude to her, and even though she won't see the scenes until after it airs, they were so unkind -- as were the people who posted all the hate to her after the first show. She didn't deserve this, no matter what she's done before. I thought Adam was a real dick (ahem) for the way he treated her.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don't watch this show live so I fast-forward through anything that has to do with Nev's wife or baby. I don't care. 

I went to the show's Facebook page to mention this.  Give that airtime to Max.
And was anyone else really hoping that Adam was Jose?

• Love 5

Is the Mary "arc" over? I feel like they'll get bored and go back to this well with a relapse story or a story where she finds "true love". 

OMG MRS. NEV TWEETED AT MARY ONCE? HOLY SHIT, BONDED FOR LIFE. That's the true meet-up this episode was building towards. ;D

Nev and Max's wives' should do a spinoff show together? Oh, what's that? Max's wife has her own life to live that isn't focused on mooching off her husband's notoriety? Weird! 

"I can agree to sign to appear on a TV show with you but I never want to be seen in public with you". Lolol. I mean, he's probably right that she's a blabbermouth so good job? Still basic.

• Love 7

Regarding the segments with Nev and his wife, I feel like MTV is testing the waters this season with how viewers respond to them. My guess is that Nev has been pushing hard for his own show, but MTV isn't ready to commit yet. I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch anything devoted to them, because neither of them are remotely interesting or likable. But I think Nev knows that once the Catfish gig is gone (and it will be sooner than later), he's done.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cmfran said:

Regarding the segments with Nev and his wife, I feel like MTV is testing the waters this season with how viewers respond to them. My guess is that Nev has been pushing hard for his own show, but MTV isn't ready to commit yet. I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch anything devoted to them, because neither of them are remotely interesting or likable. But I think Nev knows that once the Catfish gig is gone (and it will be sooner than later), he's done.

I only watch this for Max.  I am sure that a lot of people are the same.  Nev has an inflated ego.  MTV can give Nev his own show all they want.  I know I won't be watching it.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, cmfran said:

I think you're absolutely right. All the scenes of the Nev family at home smack of a back door pilot.

• Love 4

MTV really has to stop shoving Mrs. Nev down our throats. She is like that chick who is smiley and nice to you for 15 seconds while the mic is on and then you cease to exist. Literally.

Also, and I hate myself for mentioning this, Mrs. Nev's mouth has that stretched too much look that Karen Carpenter's mouth had while she was struggling with her eating disorder.  I can't not see it. She looks unhappy to me behind the terrible fake acting. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

MTV really has to stop shoving Mrs. Nev down our throats.

Let's have their crew bring spouses, suggest camera angles, etc.  

12 hours ago, rebel2u said:

I don't get the Max love.  To me he is smug and kind of insufferable.

To me, Max should be the lead person, because he wasn't dumb enough to fall for a catfish, but Nev was.

• Love 8

Wasn’t the pregnancy an accident and then she guilted Nev into marrying her?  And I don’t think either will age well.  With the flared nostrils he reminds me of Lon Chaney in Phantom of the Opera and she has a ton of lines on her fivehead already.

• Love 3

Stop trying to make Nev's wife happen, MTV. It's not going to happen.

Ugh, poor Mary. I mean, yeah, she's a jerk for catfishing people, but she's clearly got issues. Hopefully the teeth thing getting sorted will give her a little more confidence, because she's so clearly willing to let people treat her miserably. 

• Love 6

Their budget must have gotten bigger since they flew Mary out and had her fly to the Burbank airport. Which is way more expensive than LAX, in my experience. Their offices must be in Burbank. I recognized some of the neighborhoods.

I’m glad Mary got new teeth. I hope she continues her education and stays off the Internet.

On 1/31/2018 at 11:33 PM, Hellohappylife said:

I don’t want to be mean,but how old is she?

She just looks so unhealthy,she needs to get a grip on her weight,before she ends up on TLC’s My 600ib Life,

I’m watching this today, and you’re right, she’s got that terrible “moon face” that Is actually a condition but I can’t remember the name. They talk about it on My 600 Pound Life. I find it hard to look at. 

As soon as I heard “Adams” voice I knew it was a female voice. 

Catfish please stop wasting time on Mary. 

• Love 1