Type keyword(s) to search

What You're Tired Of Seeing On Shark Tank: You're Dead To Me

bilgistic
  • Start Topic

I'm tired of people who see Kevin as a last resort and Mark as their goal.   Every shark has their strengths.  Ignoring a Kevin offer and turning straight to Mark to see if he's interested and only going back to Kevin if Mark drops out...  

• Love 6

I'd personally go for Laurie first , as supposedly she's had the most success with investments on the show . Also because she has qvc and infomercials are big . 

I see why they go for mark . He's probably the most commercially known one . Kevin just seems like a pain in the ass 

3 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I'd personally go for Laurie first , as supposedly she's had the most success with investments on the show

Actually, she’s at the bottom with Robert being dead last.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilycanal/2016/10/21/mark-cuban-is-king-of-sealing-deals-made-on-shark-tank/#1ff7ea90635f

It’s widely publicized that Mark is the most successful shark and the one who will complete the deal and help you when you need it. That’s why people gravitate to him.

I’d make a deal with Kevin if the numbers were right. He comes off as the least desirable due to his “you’re dead to me, like the cockroach you are” statements. I wish he’d lighten up.

I'm tired of every third show having someone from Dallas or Texas and Mark yells, "OOOOT!" or whatever.

I just looked it up. He was born in Pittsburgh. He doesn't have a spasm every time someone says Pennsylvania.

• Love 1

Kevin's a lot more intelligent and caring than people give him credit for. He plays up a certain character on the show, otherwise they wouldn't have him around. He's the most entertaining shark. Anyway, I'd definitely do a deal with him if I had the chance. He gets rejected quite often on the show.

• Love 4

I think Kevin is a little more selective of what he wants to spend his time and money on.  Sometimes he will bid on a whim and (almost always) is rejected, but most of his deals that I can recall have been pretty damn successful.  Even the potty light!

• Love 3

I'm so tired of the crying women.  If it was just once in a while, I wouldn't care--I'm not a cold person and realize that this is a high pressure opportunity. I don't mind men tearing up once in a while either.   But it seems like every other episode, someone is choking up about their dead father/financial problems/health problems/etc.  Which are things to choke up over, certainly.  Just not before the Sharks.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Yokosmom said:

I'm so tired of the crying women.  If it was just once in a while, I wouldn't care--I'm not a cold person and realize that this is a high pressure opportunity. I don't mind men tearing up once in a while either.   But it seems like every other episode, someone is choking up about their dead father/financial problems/health problems/etc.  Which are things to choke up over, certainly.  Just not before the Sharks.

Just to play devil's advocate, a contestant from another show said that she would look at people crying on TV and could never understand it. Once she was actually on one of these shows, she also cried when talking about something family-related. I think the show was "Chopped." Yeah, kind of different but her explanation was that it's a surreal experience once one is actually there. I agree that some entrepreneurs on Shark Tank turn the water works on a little too conveniently, though. 

I'm tired of Lori saying things through those clenched teeth and forced smiles. I like Lori but sometimes she comes off as passive aggressive.

I'm also tired of the Sharks coming up with BS reasons as to why they're out. Sometimes it comes off as less-than-genuine.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 2

The show's overall attitude is a little off for me. Sometimes it seems like the sharks are only interested in easy pickings and want to invest in companies that don't even really need them to be successful.

I wish it was more oriented toward inventors who come up with ingenious products but don't know how to market them. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rough Draft said:

I wish it was more oriented toward inventors who come up with ingenious products but don't know how to market them

Me too. I have an idea for something, but until I can get a prototype made and find a manufacturer, I wouldn’t dare go on there now unless I had some sales.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Me too. I have an idea for something, but until I can get a prototype made and find a manufacturer, I wouldn’t dare go on there now unless I had some sales.

I feel like it used to be more like that--people with great, yet untested ideas. Lori and her "hero or zero" shtick would propel the inventor to multimillionaire status. Am I looking at the past with rose-colored glasses?

• Love 1

I hate the updates that concentrate on "Business XX did $x million in sales" since Shark Tank.  What were there profits?  That's the number that counts.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1

I'm surprised the sharks are so tolerant of the criers too. I picture them to say "you're making a business presentation, act professional".. but they don't seem to be bothered by it. 

Also, how do they choose which sharks stay off the show so a guest can come on? I notice it's usually Barbara or Robert missing.

1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I wish both Mark and Lori would take an episode or two off for a guest shark.  They are always there.

It's a contract thing with them, I know Mark originally didn't want to take the job on ST due to what he was going to get paid vs what he could do WORKING. However, that changed when the various projects started coming and he doesn't like missing them do to exposure and other avenues. Same with Lori, but Mark did take some time off after his hip surgery a few years ago and Lori was off one episode due to getting sick a few days before filming an episode. So, if it's a major illness or surgery, they are usually always on. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I wish both Mark and Lori would take an episode or two off for a guest shark.  They are always there.

Kevin could take a permanent vacation, and I'd be good with it. Could there shockingly be more than one woman on the panel at one time??

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, cooksdelight said:

He does smile or give a thumbs up when someone is from Pittsburgh, or went to whatever university he attended.

Indiana!!  Cuban is an Indiana University grad. 

I like all the Sharks; they can stay. Plus Robert has more mouths to feed. BUT, I am done with anyone trying to make me eat candy made out of seaweed or doughnuts out of spelt or anything made out of bugs. Move along, Douglas! 

• Love 3

I am so tired of the unrealistic valuations.  Just because someone has an idea does not mean that idea is worth a million (or more!) dollars.  I appreciate it when people come in with realistic valuations.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, seacliffsal said:

I am so tired of the unrealistic valuations.  Just because someone has an idea does not mean that idea is worth a million (or more!) dollars.  I appreciate it when people come in with realistic valuations.

I've always wondered if the producers goad the people into bad valuations just to get a rise out of the panel

• Love 2
On 5/13/2018 at 9:42 AM, cooksdelight said:

I know producers seek out and recruit these people who pitch their ideas. Wouldn’t surprise me if they also hint-hint at valuation numbers.

No one applies?  I would like to know how they find them. 

Can we start a petition to stop the Sob Stories and Crying on Shark Tank? The Producers of Shark Tank insanely think the viewing audience wants to see it. They are Wrong! They should make it a Shark Tank Rule rule as soon as a person cries they automatically do not get a deal and they are taken off stage immediately.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 10/8/2019 at 3:51 AM, James Moore said:

Can we start a petition to stop the Sob Stories and Crying on Shark Tank? The Producers of Shark Tank insanely think the viewing audience wants to see it. They are Wrong! They should make it a Shark Tank Rule rule as soon as a person cries they automatically do not get a deal and they are taken off stage immediately.

Yesss!!! I mean its a reality show not a drama series...

On 1/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm surprised the sharks are so tolerant of the criers too. I picture them to say "you're making a business presentation, act professional".. but they don't seem to be bothered by it. 

Oh I don't think they like it either... Watch this Buzzfeed video they did for S11 and most of them are tired of the criers and sob stories...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K3hESu8-HA

Most likely they just put on a sad face whenever someone is going on about their sob story...

Edited by Eve93
  • Love 1

I also dislike the "My parents were immigrants who came to the US with 10 dollars in their pocket to live the American dream" line.. almost every episode has atleast one of these people... In season 11, i think it was almost mandatory for ppl to state that they were immigrants or born from immigrant parents during their pitch.. SMH

• Love 4

I'm tired of Barbara being overly personal and sometimes even creepy. Honestly, she's said things to men and even boys on this show that men would get torched for saying. Imagine Kevin telling two 13 year old girls, "I'm gonna marry you in 20 years". She says to one of three men pitching, "you're the best looking one up there." She tells people, "I just don't like you" or "I don't think you're trustworthy". I'm sure she means well, but she's made me cringe pretty consistently over the years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I'm sick of clothing for dogs and Robert going all gaga over the dogs. And I don't like Robert admitting his dislike for cats. He's a dick. A rich dick, but still a dick.

And FYI: I LOVE all animals.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

I am over Lori and her "I'm an inventor..." as far as I can remember (and I'm probably wrong), she designed a jewelry case and other items-she didn't invent them.  Jewelry cases have existed for centuries, she redesigned one.  She highlights how many patents she owns, but I believe that part of her details include her gaining the patent rights that others were awarded.  She is very successful (vast understatement), but her self-portrayal is a bit different than what she has done.  At least in her most recent info-commercial she admits that she "found" a handy purse that she loves.  And, I guess it does improve sales when she appears in the commercials.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I am over Lori and her "I'm an inventor..." as far as I can remember (and I'm probably wrong), she designed a jewelry case and other items-she didn't invent them.  Jewelry cases have existed for centuries, she redesigned one.  She highlights how many patents she owns, but I believe that part of her details include her gaining the patent rights that others were awarded.  She is very successful (vast understatement), but her self-portrayal is a bit different than what she has done.  At least in her most recent info-commercial she admits that she "found" a handy purse that she loves.  And, I guess it does improve sales when she appears in the commercials.

I would "like" this ten times if I could.

• Love 1