Type keyword(s) to search

What You're Tired Of Seeing On Shark Tank: You're Dead To Me

bilgistic
  • Start Topic

I don't think the producers of Shark Tank realize how much of a turn off and embarassment it is to the viewers to watch these Displays of Crying. Make it a rule that if someone Crys they're given the boot automatically. Todays episode 10/15 was the first Shark Tank I can remember in quite a while where there was no crying and/or SOB story. I almost stopped watching Shark Tank because of this. People don;t give a damn about the Sob stories or the tears, they just want to know about the business and how these people try to sell it to The Sharks.

• Love 7
On 1/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, Yokosmom said:

I actually enjoy the wide-eyed millenials getting shot down, in a sick sort of a way.  Yes, I'm a bad person.

Same here. I'm like, "I guess those participation trophies you got as kids won't work anymore."

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't know why I didn't realize it until now but the people who come to Shark Tank with Ridiculously Overpriced Values are there for publicity only not to make a deal. Either that or they are complete idiots who never watched the show to help with their presentation and asking price. I wish as a way of screening these people, Shark Tank would make them list what they will be asking at what percentage before they are Selected for Shark Tank.

• Love 4

I feel that sometimes the producers might "encourage" a high valuation just get a reaction from the Sharks. And certainly people come on the show who only want exposure and not a deal, Cuban hates those people. 

• Love 1

Yes, but I think Cuban is part of the reason why that happens.  The show used to take 2% of the businesses for allowing them on the show, so it cost the presenters something to participate.  Cuban made the producers get rid of that so now it doesn't cost the presenters anything to participate so they get free exposure even if they are not there to really get an investment.

• Love 3

I am tired of the people who are only on the show to get publicity, or are so delusional that they have ridiculous valuations, and think a Shark will invest anyway, at the price and % of equity that the seller wants.     I'm also sick of the family that pitched the wrist bands, and now the Ornament Anchors, and their kid (by the way, the Anchors are reduced in price, so about $20, instead of almost $25) 

• Love 4

I could really do without the colonization of ancient and/or Indigenous practices/foods/culture being revamped as something "new" and revolutionary for U.S. consumers. The Pinole tortillas from the February 25th show reminded me of that, but there have been other such products. The cricket flour and bars (two separate products/presentation) were others. There's always some white kid involved, beaming like he's invented something no one's ever heard of before. It's gross and blatantly disrespectful (at best) to Indigenous cultures.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Other than the SOB stories & crying on Shark tank- the last guy was OK because that seemed sincere and heartfelt, the thing I hate the most about Shark Tank is that every Entrepreneur always uses the buzzwords "leading" or "top" when they describe a pending offer or interest. Are they instructed by Shark Tank to use those words?