Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Sister Wives exists because Big Love existed. 

Puddlemonkey came up with the idea in 2009 they asked around and found the Browns, then pitched the idea to TLC.

I would agree with you on the "Big Love" precedent, but I also think that the raid on Warren Jeff's digs in 2008 probably helped the green light shine on the Sister Wives reality project.  Sex, scandal and taboo sells.

Edited by kicotan
  • Love 1

Please note this is not my post  - I am copying from another online snarking site for sister wives just because I couldn't stop laughing.

if the person who did write it posts here please please take credit! and Also, please post more.

As for the upcoming Two part Tell-Nothing" episodes, one has to wonder in anticipation of these iconic Kodyworld wastes-of-time epps....

1- Will Kody Idiot do a repeat of his performance last season, and again glare with caveman hostility as he flips the bird to all non-sycophants?
And will his hair be even more distracting than his usual crazy darting eyes and moronic words? Could he be any more disgusting than he has been this season????

2- Will all the Kody-babes be again properly festive, sporting their usual "tell-all" drag-queen eyelashes?

3- Will Sobbin once again win the coveted "tears and sad-eyes" spot, or will Meri give her a run for the trophy this time?
And will Sobbin come out of the shadows she seemed to be placed in this season, and resume her chosen role as the "voice" of the Kody gals, regaling all with her acute wisdom and vast knowledge of all that is Brown trivia and history?

4- And will Meri be all decked out in five layers of LuLaRoe so as to be safe and guarded....and will she have her Utah-bound suitcase discreetly nearby just in case.

5-Will Janelle, as usual, be wearing fun shoes to stare at during the filming?? Or will she still have a bit of that likely producer-directed spunk we saw a bit of in the most recent epp? And will she Strive to wear a top that covers what needs to be covered while sitting like she does??

6- Will Christine be shrieking and gesturing with the pure delight of being high on good meds, along with being high on Kody's list of wives he tolerates...and will she have fresh x-rays to distribute?

7- Will the yet undisclosed moderator break with SW "Tell-Nothing but BS" tradition and ask actual questions that make sense, and solicit actual answers???

8- And ...Will TLC really do another season with this crew, using story lines now negating just about every premise/plot/truth they pitched about them all for the past 8 years?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

So. Meri. Are you admitting that you have just been lying the whole time!?

And there isn't a single adult in that family that would know honest if it bit them in the ass.  These people can't even keep their lies straight.  Meri just happens to be the poster child for the BS.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri re-tweeted this.

TLC’s clip:

Oh come on. We already know, Meri, you told us. In fact, here it is below: 

https://www.christianpost.com/news/sister-wives-updates-meri-brown-breaks-silence-on-rumors-saying-shes-leaving-the-family-221823/

Edited to add: I swear, Meri thinks the viewers have the attention span of Dory in "Finding Nemo" and that we will forget that Meri has recently said, emphatically, she's not going anywhere. But wait! We don't know what the future holds!

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Kohola3 said:

Second season as I recall. It was heartbreaking to see the dog walking around wagging his tail as they were planning on killing him off.

I have not moved from my couch for most of 48 hours, except to take my baby (dog) to emerg vet for reaction to rabies shot. We are together now on the couch, when he could not walk I carried him. I had feed him, brought him water, got him pain meds.  He is my love and heart and became my responsibility when I adopted him. That responsibility is an honor.

Now the horrid memory  of how they treated this pour soul comes back...I believe Meri was not wanting to bend all the way over to clean up after their dog, so they basically killed him. (sorry, I was going to write put him down, but they had him killed) That is a Dill breaker, and I'm not going for a laugh. There is nothing that grieves me more then human's hurting/neglecting animals.

Hateful slovenly lazy Meri and F U Cody. God if memory serves did she not say something about preserving her dog's dignity in old age? Maybe not, but I sure cannot go back to check. 

(name of my dog is Cody too so I don't like to write anything neg with my boopies name in it. this was worthwhile)

• Love 14
On 3/25/2018 at 5:44 PM, WaterSpirit said:

I have not moved from my couch for most of 48 hours, except to take my baby (dog) to emerg vet for reaction to rabies shot. We are together now on the couch, when he could not walk I carried him. I had feed him, brought him water, got him pain meds.  He is my love and heart and became my responsibility when I adopted him. That responsibility is an honor.

Now the horrid memory  of how they treated this pour soul comes back...I believe Meri was not wanting to bend all the way over to clean up after their dog, so they basically killed him. (sorry, I was going to write put him down, but they had him killed) That is a Dill breaker, and I'm not going for a laugh. There is nothing that grieves me more then human's hurting/neglecting animals.

Hateful slovenly lazy Meri and F U Cody. God if memory serves did she not say something about preserving her dog's dignity in old age? Maybe not, but I sure cannot go back to check. 

(name of my dog is Cody too so I don't like to write anything neg with my boopies name in it. this was worthwhile)

How is your Cody? My heart hurts to think of people losing pets. My husband and I have lost two dogs, and we now have a 4-5 year old dog, but I still miss the first two.

I haven’t watched this show consistently and I have a really bad memory, but I vaguely remember the hole digging. With having ADHD I can’t just sit and watch tv so I’m always doing a bunch of things at once, so clearly digging a grave for a mobile and happy dog didn’t register at the time. That is horrible considering the heart wrenching decisions I’ve had to make in kindness to my pups and not holding on out of selfishness. I agonized over my puppies and when they quit eating and drinking it was kinder to send them to puppy heaven. Damn it, I can’t believe these people. Grrrrrr. 

If if you can, please write an update on your sweet little guy. 

• Love 1
On 24/03/2018 at 9:14 PM, TurtlePower said:

Oh come on. We already know, Meri, you told us. In fact, here it is below: 

https://www.christianpost.com/news/sister-wives-updates-meri-brown-breaks-silence-on-rumors-saying-shes-leaving-the-family-221823/

Edited to add: I swear, Meri thinks the viewers have the attention span of Dory in "Finding Nemo" and that we will forget that Meri has recently said, emphatically, she's not going anywhere. But wait! We

Just now, neh said:

Nor sure if this is the correct topic for this but I find it Interesting.

https://www.travelocity.com/Cedar-City-Hotels-Victorias-Bed-And-Breakfast.h9173919.Hotel-Information?SEMCID=TRAVELOCITY-US.UB.BING.DL-DSA-c-EN.HOTEL&semdtl=a1248887194.b14590807441.d113717901478.e1c.f1.g1dat-100762913934:loc-190.h1b.i1.j1.k1.l1o.m1bb.n1&msclkid=52fbe16553b91c75f254bbb208fc75cc

"About the Victoria's Bed and Breakfast

Location94 North 100 East, Parowan, UT 84761

Renovations + Closures

This property is closed from 15 December 2017 to 31 December 2018 (dates subject to change)."

So this B&B which is supposed to be operating to pay for itself, is going to be closed for a whole year?

• Love 8

This is odd, Meri's official ribbon cutting instagram was Dec. 13, 2017 and I could find only one review of the facility since she has taken ownership.

Very impressed with the Free Parking on the side of the road in front of house, that alone should be a huge draw, along with cinnamon buns for breakfast.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

This is odd, Meri's official ribbon cutting instagram was Dec. 13, 2017 and I could find only one review of the facility since she has taken ownership.

Very impressed with the Free Parking on the side of the road in front of house, that alone should be a huge draw, along with cinnamon buns for breakfast.

It actually looked like they were parking on the front lawn, or at least the parkway. I was wondering WTF is up with that? Who just drives onto someone’s lawn and parks there? It neither looked fully like a parking area nor fully like part of the front yard. Maybe it will take her a year to pave that over and make proper parking.

• Love 3

Finally bought and read their book.  Yeah, I know I may have supported them a teensy bit.  I was struck at some of the shade the wives slyly threw Meri's way and came away with no one really likes her and never has.   I discovered Christine is not quite as lacking in smarts as I previously thought.  She worked more in the past than I previously knew and was pretty out there as far as a mouthpiece for polygamy.  Sobbin seems to be the one that has helped in their conflicts but she may want to back off the negative talk about her kids birth father.  Janelle, I don't know.  Her part wasn't too interesting.  Meri has always been a problem.  For each wife.  She has always had a stank attitude and has been difficult.  I was quite surprised that she was such a wallflower in her youth (her words) that no one even recognized her in her church group until Kody came along.  She also rubbed it in a shit ton about how she and Kody were soulmates, totally in love, and just so groovy together.  She referred to Janelle's relationship to him as more business and platonic so she wasn't jealous of that one.  When Christine came along it was a different story and she and Kody seemed to be in love.  She also threw shade at J and C re food they feed their family.  That she and Mariah had cleaner eating habits and so she couldn't have J or C pick things up for her because she was so picky about what she put in her body.  Well, I think she has gotten over that aversion.  She gained at least 50-70 lbs since the 1st ep.

In a nutshell:

Meri stinks (not literally) and always has

Janelle has always been way too passive

Christine has always been bubbly and Kody says she saved their bacon as a family since she was a buffer between C and M (C and J actually would be ok living together)

Robyn still bugs me but she seems like of the 3, she has a better way of communicating and they all mentioned she has helped their disagreements

Kody didn't bug me in print like he does in live action

Easy book.  I read it in an afternoon

• Love 11
14 hours ago, margol29 said:

Nor sure if this is the correct topic for this but I find it Interesting.

https://www.travelocity.com/Cedar-City-Hotels-Victorias-Bed-And-Breakfast.h9173919.Hotel-Information?SEMCID=TRAVELOCITY-US.UB.BING.DL-DSA-c-EN.HOTEL&semdtl=a1248887194.b14590807441.d113717901478.e1c.f1.g1dat-100762913934:loc-190.h1b.i1.j1.k1.l1o.m1bb.n1&msclkid=52fbe16553b91c75f254bbb208fc75cc

"About the Victoria's Bed and Breakfast

Location94 North 100 East, Parowan, UT 84761

Renovations + Closures

This property is closed from 15 December 2017 to 31 December 2018 (dates subject to change)."

So this B&B which is supposed to be operating to pay for itself, is going to be closed for a whole year?

Wow. Who's taking bets that it never reopens? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

That information is about Victoria’s. Perhaps the previous owner was going to renovate, and then along came Meri?

There were only 5 reviews of the Victoria's Inn from June 2014 to September 2017.  Assuming maybe 10% of guests submit a review of accommodations, that would probably put the guest registry at 50 over a 2.5 year period.  Maybe Victoria was ready to throw in the proverbial towel and much as it pains me to acknowledge, Kody may have been right when he said it wasn't a viable business.

By December 2017, Meri had negotiated her purchase, so it may have been at Meri's request that the year long closure (subject to change) statement was in the Travelocity review.

• Love 5
On 4/18/2018 at 6:07 PM, Natalie68 said:

Finally bought and read their book.  Yeah, I know I may have supported them a teensy bit.  I was struck at some of the shade the wives slyly threw Meri's way and came away with no one really likes her and never has.   I discovered Christine is not quite as lacking in smarts as I previously thought.  She worked more in the past than I previously knew and was pretty out there as far as a mouthpiece for polygamy.  Sobbin seems to be the one that has helped in their conflicts but she may want to back off the negative talk about her kids birth father.  Janelle, I don't know.  Her part wasn't too interesting.  Meri has always been a problem.  For each wife.  She has always had a stank attitude and has been difficult.  I was quite surprised that she was such a wallflower in her youth (her words) that no one even recognized her in her church group until Kody came along.  She also rubbed it in a shit ton about how she and Kody were soulmates, totally in love, and just so groovy together.  She referred to Janelle's relationship to him as more business and platonic so she wasn't jealous of that one.  When Christine came along it was a different story and she and Kody seemed to be in love.  She also threw shade at J and C re food they feed their family.  That she and Mariah had cleaner eating habits and so she couldn't have J or C pick things up for her because she was so picky about what she put in her body.  Well, I think she has gotten over that aversion.  She gained at least 50-70 lbs since the 1st ep.

In a nutshell:

Christine has always been bubbly and Kody says she saved their bacon as a family since she was a buffer between C and M (C and J actually would be ok living together)

Robyn still bugs me but she seems like of the 3, she has a better way of communicating and they all mentioned she has helped their disagreements

I have not read the book, but I have wondered how much happier they would have been if Janelle, Christine and Robin had been the original 3 wives, and Kody had never married Meri.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I have not read the book, but I have wondered how much happier they would have been if Janelle, Christine and Robin had been the original 3 wives, and Kody had never married Meri.

Four of them would have been much happier.  Meri doesn't look like she'd be happy in a room full of puppies.

• Love 14
On 4/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, Natalie68 said:

In a nutshell:

I can't figure Meri out. She displays characteristics/behaviors that make her very unlikable, yet she whines and cries when people don't like her or want to include her--she's clearly not self-aware regarding the bad vibes she puts out. I used to think she was staying for the TLC $$, but they were together before Robyn came along, apparently with all the same problems. I have no idea why she's there..........they don't like her. Unless she's got a secretly laid out plan to actually go out on her own, I can't figure out her role in this thing besides shit-stirrer. 

And yeah, when they all moved to Vegas with the plethora of restaurants in every shopping complex, she seemed to stop caring about what she was eating (Vegas did a number on all of them). At least Mariah looks fit and healthy now. 

• Love 3

I have wondered where Meri fell in birth order in her family and this may be a motivating factor in her attitude.  Maybe she was raised as the Little Princess and evolved into the Queen Bee or maybe she was lost in a swarm of siblings and saw marriage as her opportunity to have control.

Had she not met Kody, I don't see her marrying into a situation where she would have been 2nd or 3rd wifey.  It seems to me that Meri may have felt that Kody would have been so enraptured with her, that he would see no need for multiple wives, despite what may have been their prior to marriage agreement on polygamy.  She probably felt secure with Janelle as second wife as her ego would have told her she was superior and wasted no time in making sure Janelle knew just where her place was in the family structure.  Then along came Christine, all light and love and a polygamist pedigree.  Kody managed to give Meri security by expressing disgust for Christine's eating habits and we will never know what other private conversations occurred  between Kody and Meri to maintain her feeling of superiority. 

Then along came She-Ra Robyn, who cleverly manipulated her way into their life as Meri's trusted confidant, forming a bond with her while reveling in the fact that Kody was head over heels in love with her, giving her the power to become the HBIC that she is today.  

Meri got euchred, but I don't see any other outcome in polygamist life, to me it seems to breed Bitter Bettys and I really feel Meri would have been far happier in a monogamist life. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think MUCH happier!  Those three seem into it and Meri might in theory but she doesn't seem to cope well in reality.  I picture her childhood report cards saying she doesn't play well with others.  She is a score keeper and doesn't seem to care about what she says or how she acts around them.  Robyn may not be as great of a mediator as they think but it sounds like they needed an outsider to tell them to quit the passive aggressive behavior, talk it out etc.  Seems like there was a lot of stewing and tiptoeing around feelings (until someone totally blew) before she came along.  

• Love 5
On 4/19/2018 at 6:18 AM, Sandy W said:

There were only 5 reviews of the Victoria's Inn from June 2014 to September 2017.  Assuming maybe 10% of guests submit a review of accommodations, that would probably put the guest registry at 50 over a 2.5 year period.  Maybe Victoria was ready to throw in the proverbial towel and much as it pains me to acknowledge, Kody may have been right when he said it wasn't a viable business.

By December 2017, Meri had negotiated her purchase, so it may have been at Meri's request that the year long closure (subject to change) statement was in the Travelocity review.

Meri became legal owner of the Parowan property in Oct 2017 but didn't announce until early December.  

Not sure what the renovation announcement is. Neither Vickie nor Meri strike me as being internet/computer savvy.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Meri became legal owner of the Parowan property in Oct 2017 but didn't announce until early December.  

Not sure what the renovation announcement is. Neither Vickie nor Meri strike me as being internet/computer savvy.

Lizzie's website is accepting reservations so, seems open. As has been discussed, probably old news from then it was Victoria's.

The Lizzie's website is kinda low-end and poorly thought out IMO. In the policies and room descriptions, there's white text on a gray background. Difficult to read! Also, the "Destination Guide" doesn't guide you anywhere! It's a paragraph that says this:

"Located in the gateway to some of the state’s most scenic attractions, Lizzie’s Heritage Inn offers the perfect accommodation for those looking for an informal setting in southern Utah.  Being within an hour’s drive of Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon or two hours from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, guests may enjoy the colorful spring through fall scenery or the winter activities surrounding our ideally located Inn.  Lizzie’s Heritage Inn provides the optimal location for everything from soothing weekends to family occasions, or an invigorating vacation."

THAT'S a "guide"? No maps or mileages to these places? No photos of these places? No links to these places? In the words of Amy Farrah Fowler, LAME-O!

• Love 5

A simple book from simple people! ???

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Lizzie's website is accepting reservations so, seems open. As has been discussed, probably old news from then it was Victoria's.

The Lizzie's website is kinda low-end and poorly thought out IMO. In the policies and room descriptions, there's white text on a gray background. Difficult to read! Also, the "Destination Guide" doesn't guide you anywhere! It's a paragraph that says this:

"Located in the gateway to some of the state’s most scenic attractions, Lizzie’s Heritage Inn offers the perfect accommodation for those looking for an informal setting in southern Utah.  Being within an hour’s drive of Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon or two hours from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, guests may enjoy the colorful spring through fall scenery or the winter activities surrounding our ideally located Inn.  Lizzie’s Heritage Inn provides the optimal location for everything from soothing weekends to family occasions, or an invigorating vacation."

THAT'S a "guide"? No maps or mileages to these places? No photos of these places? No links to these places? In the words of Amy Farrah Fowler, LAME-O!

The way she's half-assing it tells me she just wanted the place for herself.

Oh and her mom of course. 

I dunno about the rest of you but if I'm planning on visiting a destination like the Grand Canyon, I would opt for lodgings nearby rather than the prospect of spending 4-plus hours round trip to and from.

I find it interesting that we never hear or see anything about Bonnie's sister wives, and that Janelle's mom has been living with Janelle for well over a year now.  Remember Kody stressing out about whether the wives would stay together after he died? Doesn't look like it's a common occurrence to me...

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 14

Aha! Kind of what I expected. 

There was a large wooden sign in the yard when it was Victoria's. Why wouldn't Meri re-use the big sign and repaint it?

If Parowan is that big a yawn I really feel for Meri's mom since she's apparently there by herself a good deal of the time. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Aha! Kind of what I expected. 

There was a large wooden sign in the yard when it was Victoria's. Why wouldn't Meri re-use the big sign and repaint it?

If Parowan is that big a yawn I really feel for Meri's mom since she's apparently there by herself a good deal of the time. 

It is not the boring life that I would worry about. I'm sure Meri's mom isn't looking for the nightlife. It is medical care, St George is the closest city about 75 miles South with a decent hospital but it serves about 400k people from smaller areas like Parowan, and  it lacks what I call the senior citizen doctors, 1 neurologist, 1 endocrinologist , and no rhemotology.  The waiting lists are insane 6-8 months to see a doctor after a stroke! so forget about getting checked for dementia or diabetes quickly!

My take on the sign was it was there to consider it a business, but not big enough for advertising. Like maybe they want the tax write off? like those people that put a sticker on their car for a home business so they can write off the car usage. 

The back yard is narrow and odd shaped. The front lawn is nice, well nice for southern Utah since there is so many yards that are just rocks seeing nice green grass is rare. Meri should make the front yard more usable with like a white picket fence around it. Then again the view is of the hoarders. Meri also has very little recourse for the neighboring houses not being kept up. There have been so many battles in southern Utah over yard issues like this and home owners fight hard to keep their junk and win. There are million dollar neighborhoods overlooking junk. That is why HOAs are so popular. 

I wonder one of the reasons they got another season was so Meri could show off the grand opening of the B&B? I can't wait to see the creative editing of Parowan. TLC/A&E/Disney/ABC/CNN have all filmed where I live and the editing is so crazy. I am an overprotective mom and my kids walk home from school , it is about .4 of a mile and they pass 3 "dangerous" polygamist areas according to TLC/A&E editing. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, silverspoons said:

It is not the boring life that I would worry about. I'm sure Meri's mom isn't looking for the nightlife. It is medical care, St George is the closest city about 75 miles South with a decent hospital but it serves about 400k people from smaller areas like Parowan, and  it lacks what I call the senior citizen doctors, 1 neurologist, 1 endocrinologist , and no rhemotology.  The waiting lists are insane 6-8 months to see a doctor after a stroke! so forget about getting checked for dementia or diabetes quickly!

My take on the sign was it was there to consider it a business, but not big enough for advertising. Like maybe they want the tax write off? like those people that put a sticker on their car for a home business so they can write off the car usage. 

The back yard is narrow and odd shaped. The front lawn is nice, well nice for southern Utah since there is so many yards that are just rocks seeing nice green grass is rare. Meri should make the front yard more usable with like a white picket fence around it. Then again the view is of the hoarders. Meri also has very little recourse for the neighboring houses not being kept up. There have been so many battles in southern Utah over yard issues like this and home owners fight hard to keep their junk and win. There are million dollar neighborhoods overlooking junk. That is why HOAs are so popular. 

I wonder one of the reasons they got another season was so Meri could show off the grand opening of the B&B? I can't wait to see the creative editing of Parowan. TLC/A&E/Disney/ABC/CNN have all filmed where I live and the editing is so crazy. I am an overprotective mom and my kids walk home from school , it is about .4 of a mile and they pass 3 "dangerous" polygamist areas according to TLC/A&E editing. 

Yikes! 

I was thinking more about leaving friends and being in a small town and not knowing anyone. Didn't even consider health care, you're absolutely right ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Also...I did a street view and it looks like the hoarder house is the residence of the Parowan Prophet. 

Nice...

4ED9D13F-9C6E-4FB5-8BBD-EE9301645CF3.jpeg

I can't believe I was that close to the Parowan Prophet! That Prophet sign is over the old RV I saw. It is one of the Prophet's many billboards. The Prophet's house does have good bones, but it had several boarded up windows and siding hanging off the sides.  There was more "stuff "in front and on the sides of the Prophet's house when I was there. I didn't see the nice green grass that is in this picture.

I'm sure Parowan Prophet will LOVE if Meri turns this into a tourist destination. He is always trying to get people to listen to him. He is VERY anti gay. I wonder if Meri did her research but I can't imagine Mariah wanting to be anywhere near this man. He was very mad about Utah electing gay politicians and thinks gay people getting rights is a sign that the end of the world is near. I would post some of his quotes but they are very offense and severe not just about gay people but about many other subjects(like I don;t think Mykelti's husband Tony would want to go near the Prophet). It is easy to google Paowan Prophet, but basically if you don't follow him you are going to burn and die. The website if you can stomach it, it is VERY offensive , has pictures of his basement and his house and explains the reasons behind his collecting tons of extra items that will save him.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 7

Okay, so of course having been warned to avoid it, I just had to go look up the Parowan Prophet's website.  Ten minutes of my life I will never get back. Literally EVERY WORD of his rants is an underlined hyperlink to a previous looney ass rant. Just an endless series of links and exclamations and more links and rants. It's like stepping inside the mind of a schizophrenic. A bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, schizophrenic. My eyeballs actually hurt a little. 

But I do feel compelled to mention, just so everyone knows ... the world is apparently ending tomorrow, the 25th. Some kind of "real" Passover shit will be going down according to The Prophet.  I'm not sure if everyone here was aware of this, so I just thought i would mention it. You have less than 24 hours to live ?

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 22
17 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Okay, so of course having been warned to avoid it, I just had to go look up the Parowan Prophet's website.  Ten minutes of my life I will never get back. Literally EVERY WORD of his rants is an underlined hyperlink to a previous looney ass rant. Just an endless series of links and exclamations and more links and rants. It's like stepping inside the mind of a schizophrenic. A bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, schizophrenic. My eyeballs actually hurt a little. 

But I do feel compelled to mention, just so everyone knows ... the world is apparently ending tomorrow, the 25th. Some kind of "real" Passover shit will be going down according to The Prophet.  I'm not sure if everyone here was aware of this, so I just thought i would mention it. You have less than 24 hours to live ?

Good to know. I guess I had better take a shower tonight instead of tomorrow morning.  Don't want greasy hair for the Rapture!

• Love 14

Yeah, I'm glad I just had a pedicure! I wouldn't want to face judgment day with chipped toenail polish. I just wish I'd chosen a more godly shade of purple.  I have whore feet. And you know the first thing god does is make you take off your shoes. There will be no hiding it. Damn. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Thanks for the warning.  Since I live in Vegas, I'm going to cash out my savings and head straight for the MGM.  I'm going to put it all on red, baby. Nothing but steak and champagne for me.  If the Prophet says it's the last day, I'm going to live it up. :-$  ;-) 

• Love 13
On 4/23/2018 at 5:52 PM, silverspoons said:

Been through Parowan few times, before Meri announced she purchased the house (or I would have checked it out!). I always wondered what the people who live there do for a living and what visitors can do there, so I checked--they have dinosaur footprints, petroglyphs and horseback rides. There's nothing else to do in that town, they only have one grocery store and a Family Dollar (nearest other shopping is Cedar City). Just, who would go there, outside of ski season? WE've already gone over that most skiers--myself included--aren't looking to return to an old B&B after a cold day on the slopes. 

Also, on Google Maps, it's still listed as Victoria's Bed and Breakfast. Other nearby hotels cost nearly HALF of what Meri charges. Not many choices in town, see below for comparison. 

* Lizzie's: Charges $125-$155. ZERO amenities except a bun for breakfast.

* Mountain View Lodge: $70 per night. It has in indoor heated pool, hot tub and a restaurant. 

* Crimson Hills: $56 per night and has less amenities, but does offer refrigerator and stove for easy meal prep.

Where would you rather stay? 

• Love 15

Ahhh yes, but do the other facilities offer Free Parking, the possibility of a Brush With Greatness on the off chance that the innkeeper may herself be in attendance, the opportunity to gaze in wonder at Meri's ancestral heritage and as a bonus, you may be allowed to perch on the soiled ghost chair.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Ahhh yes, but do the other facilities offer Free Parking, the possibility of a Brush With Greatness on the off chance that the innkeeper may herself be in attendance, the opportunity to gaze in wonder at Meri's ancestral heritage and as a bonus, you may be allowed to perch on the soiled ghost chair.

Don't forget the Parowan Prophet, as seen on Utah billboards! 

Anyone else think that Vickie was thrilled to move away from that wackadoo? 

• Love 13
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

Don't forget the Parowan Prophet, as seen on Utah billboards! 

Anyone else think that Vickie was thrilled to move away from that wackadoo? 

She was dancing all the way to the bank.  She saw Meri coming.

• Love 17

Out of curiosity I googled Parowan cinnamon rolls and this is the first article that came up. 

The merchants in town are apparently pushing the "best cinnamon rolls in the West" by offering a "Sweet Tour" which includes... Victoria's Bed and Breakfast. .*tadaaaa!!*

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/local/cedar-city/2017/05/20/finding-parowans-sweet-spot/101884118/

The guy has a point about all those cars passing by on their way to somewhere else but damn - $5 for a cinnamon roll? I'm in overpriced Silicon Valley and $5 for a roll seems steep even to me.

And the thought of a cinnamon facial makes my face burn. 

Edit to add - I just checked the online menu at Tartine Bakery in San Francisco and their cinnamon roll (aka morning bun) is $4.25. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7