Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Pimple Popper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Folks, With Dr. Pimple Poppers move to Discovery+ we seem to have stopped discussing the show.  So, um, points to Discovery for figuring out how to most quickly lose their audience?  Anyway, the thread is to discuss the show. Her videos are also open for discussion.  We'll see if she makes it back to prime time. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Nooooo Dr pimple popper moved to the app and is off TLC?  That stinks!!  Thanks a lot TLC

** speaking of Dr P P .... I’m not a fan of the scars she leaves on some patients, some are Gnarly!

Edited by DNR
Word

There were a couple of "new" shows last night, but they were old rehashes with new pop-ups added.  I think there might have even been a NEW NEW show on TLC, but I didn't get a chance to watch.  Maybe they figured out that not everyone is willing to pay more for Discovery+.  Especially since the advertised price is WITH commercials.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

Maybe they figured out that not everyone is willing to pay more for Discovery+.  Especially since the advertised price is WITH commercials.

If Discovery+ was doing all that well, I think TLC wouldn't hesitate pulling out of cable packages and going exclusively to a streaming service.

Therefore, I think TLC will be available on cable for the foreseeable future, because I don't think a lot of people are willing to pay for another streaming service, especially when it focuses primarily on dysfunctional relationships.

• Love 4

The 9 o'clock show was a new show for TLC.  No rehash or any previously seen people or footage on TLC.  

Maybe Discovery is getting the message that there are shows that people are not willing to pay extra for.  With less viewers, that impacts the amount of money they can charge for advertisement.   Guess they are getting the message now.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, iluvobx said:

The 9 o'clock show was a new show for TLC.  No rehash or any previously seen people or footage on TLC.  

Maybe Discovery is getting the message that there are shows that people are not willing to pay extra for.  With less viewers, that impacts the amount of money they can charge for advertisement.   Guess they are getting the message now.

These shows were on D+ last year, so maybe they have a year embargo ?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Am I the only one who thinks her facial skin is just weird and unnatural?

I think her skin is beautiful. Whoever does her makeup should get a prize.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, cynicat said:

These shows were on D+ last year, so maybe they have a year embargo ?

Right but not on TLC till Weds night.  A lot of viewers of Dr. Pimple Popper refused to get Discovery+ and Discovery would know that too.

• Love 4
On 6/3/2021 at 2:01 AM, DNR said:

** speaking of Dr P P .... I’m not a fan of the scars she leaves on some patients, some are Gnarly!

Are these scars you've noticed months after the procedures?  I always think the results are amazing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Are these scars you've noticed months after the procedures?  I always think the results are amazing.

Having had several different skin surgeries, over time  what looks gnarly right after, in time smooths out and is barely noticable later. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Having had several different skin surgeries, over time  what looks gnarly right after, in time smooths out and is barely noticable later. 

^^^THIS^^^ a thousand times...the body has an amazing ability to heal.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Why are these poor kids living in a literal junkyard?!  And the mom can't put on a mask long enough for her daughter to get treatment?! Ridiculous. 

I have asthma.  Wearing a mask really can impact my ability to feel like I'm getting enough air.

But I figured covid would impact it even more.  I wore a mask ALWAYS when around other people until after I was fully vaccinated.  And I STILL keep my distance.  I have a mask that hangs from a lanyard around my neck when I'm not actively wearing it in a store or other indoor space. 

But I would NEVER avoid a mask for the 2 minutes it would take for one of my kids to receive medical treatment that would change their lives.

I was NOT impressed by that mama.

• Love 13
On 6/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, iluvobx said:

Right but not on TLC till Weds night.  A lot of viewers of Dr. Pimple Popper refused to get Discovery+ and Discovery would know that too.

I was pleased to see it was a new show. The twin sisters with head bumps were a hoot.

• Love 4

Dr. Pimple Popper is a catchy name, but she's primarily Dr. Cyst Remover. The one twin who had had surgery before is another example where the previous doctor didn't know (or care?) that removing the capsule around the cyst is critical to fixing the problem.

• Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I agree!  80yr-old (yikes! until tomorrow) native Phoenician formerly pale blue-eyed redhead with freckles, I've had my share of skin cancers with various removal procedures.  I was also prone to keloids.  My 1968 baby was an emergency C-section with a vertical incision (my doc knew I wanted more children and that's easier access).  That BIG WIDE zipper was hot pink for so many years I didn't even notice it had faded to shiny white until the kid was 15-16.  

Dr. Lee's small surgeries in tight places are amazing.  There should be a show featuring some of her patients 4-5 years later.  Naysayers would be AMAZED!

P.S.  I have a "divot" in my shin from a dermatologist's malpractice (my interpretation). One could fit half a pool ball into that spot.  It started as a tiny biopsy he declared "benign," but it never stopped oozing...bleeding.  I had innumerable worthless and/or painful procedures for over a year (including wound care: you.do.not.want.wound.care) until a "real doctor" performed surgery, got "all the margins," and I was in the hospital for three days.  This started as a "dot" of "benign" skin cancer.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Dr. Pimple Popper is a catchy name, but she's primarily Dr. Cyst Remover.

She had a HUGE "pimple" following on YouTube long before TLC.

The 'net sez this: The dermatologist's breakout moment was after she uploaded one of her videos to  pimple popping subreddit, after a follower suggested her content would do well there. The rest, as they say, is history.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But I would NEVER avoid a mask for the 2 minutes it would take for one of my kids to receive medical treatment that would change their lives.

I was NOT impressed by that mama.

And THIS was after she commented how she would do ANYTHING for her child.  Love the editors.

She needs to look further into herself and what her religion teaches; she is not a good role model.  Don't forget her "sensory" issues. The doctor/staff made ALL accommodations to suit her (not the patient; not the doctor) and then she had to keep her eyes closed. She obviously wears the pants wherever she lives/travels.

• Love 10
On 6/10/2021 at 9:10 AM, Emkat said:

Why are these poor kids living in a literal junkyard?!  And the mom can't put on a mask long enough for her daughter to get treatment?! Ridiculous. 

They're in an orthodox Jewish commune which focuses on getting back to the land. It's not a kibbutz, but more of an ecovillage. I was initially concerned with all of the dirt, but the inside of the house (including the linens) looked dirt-free. And the kids looked clean, and so did the child's eczema.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/10/2021 at 5:00 PM, Back Atcha said:

She had a HUGE "pimple" following on YouTube long before TLC.

The 'net sez this: The dermatologist's breakout moment was after she uploaded one of her videos to  pimple popping subreddit, after a follower suggested her content would do well there. The rest, as they say, is history.

Another video timewaster, earwax removal.  Trust me.
Here's a link.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygXamy2LlY

• Love 1

Does anyone know what happend to the 9 year old girl with the severe psoriasis all over her body? I fell asleep before the end and she was the main patient of the show. I felt so badly for her. Her mom was a complete idiot for not wearing a mask due to asthma. I have had asthma for 65 years. I wore a mask until i was fully vaccinated. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Doodybink said:

Does anyone know what happend to the 9 year old girl with the severe psoriasis all over her body? I fell asleep before the end and she was the main patient of the show. I felt so badly for her. Her mom was a complete idiot for not wearing a mask due to asthma. I have had asthma for 65 years. I wore a mask until i was fully vaccinated. 

They did a brief update.  She is MUCH improved since the shots, and is continuing treatment with a local doctor.

And, yes, her mom was a narcissistic idiot.  No one should have a problem with wearing a mask for 2 minutes.  I, too, have asthma.  BECAUSE of that, I would not go anywhere even semi-public without a mask during the height of the pandemic.  Months of treatment for (or death from) covid is a lot worse than a few minutes of minor discomfort.

• Love 12

Did anyone watch last night? This guy had a huge lump on his forehead. It was an extremely odd one because it was like memory foam -- when touched, an indentation would appear briefly and then it would spring back into its usual shape. When Dr. Lee popped that thing -- OMG! It was like an never ending ribbon of Laffy Taffy! It was absolutely mesmerizing.

• Love 10
On 6/21/2021 at 6:11 AM, auntjess said:

Another video timewaster, earwax removal.  Trust me.
Here's a link.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygXamy2LlY

I would absolutely watch a show about ear wax removal, it's disgusting & fascinating at the same time 😁

4 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Did anyone watch last night? This guy had a huge lump on his forehead. It was an extremely odd one because it was like memory foam -- when touched, an indentation would appear briefly and then it would spring back into its usual shape. When Dr. Lee popped that thing -- OMG! It was like an never ending ribbon of Laffy Taffy! It was absolutely mesmerizing.

It was pretty gross, I really don't understand people who have these giant bumps on their face & don't do anything about it for years.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, GaT said:

I would absolutely watch a show about ear wax removal, it's disgusting & fascinating at the same time 😁

It was pretty gross, I really don't understand people who have these giant bumps on their face & don't do anything about it for years.

This guy's doctor told him the scar to remove it would look worse than the bump. Obviously he was wrong. I suspect the doctor didn't want to do it. 

• Love 5

How about the guy who had a cyst that was just above his belt.  It had already drained some on his own, but he wanted Dr. Lee to drain it and remove the sac so it wouldn't come back.

He needed it to be fixed before his girlfriend got out of prison later this year.

"Next season on Love After Lockup . . . "

• LOL 12
15 hours ago, GaT said:

I think a lot of them can't afford it; either they have no insurance, or their insurance won't cover it because it's not life-threatening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, auntjess said:
18 hours ago, GaT said:

I think a lot of them can't afford it; either they have no insurance, or their insurance won't cover it because it's not life-threatening.

AND...the majority seem to be men.  Men who declare they're afraid of doctors.

23 hours ago, mmecorday said:

What about UNDER HIS BEARD?  His beard moved up...and sometimes blew in a breeze.  There was a similar lump on his right side...below his jaw...but visible if the beard is lifted.  I saw it three times.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Did you see the last patient on one of the shows, a Black woman planning her wedding, Brittany, with small lumps on her face, neck, and arms...and also a larger one on her arm.  Her biopsy came back as neurofibromatosis?  Is she the same Brittany mentioned on a condolence card at the end of the show?

• Useful 1
On 6/24/2021 at 7:01 PM, GaT said:

Sometimes I click on links on facebook and there is an add for earwax removal over and over.  Yuck!  Don't want to see earwax when I'm reading an article.

• Love 1

I recorded "new" Dr Pimplepopper shows over night yesterday. The guide said they were aired early in 2021 and since I am not a D+ subscriber, and I didn't recognize the cases from the description, I figured they were first aired on D+ so I recorded them. They were new to me so I figure if you are careful, you'll see the paid content eventually on regular cable. And that's okay by me!

• Love 8
(edited)

The guy with the whatever on his upper arm was just ridiculous, I can't believe she let him take a cigarette break, & then they couldn't reach with him a few months later. Why did they even bother putting him on the show?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 7

Having watched two episodes back to back last night, I might be confused about which patient this was (I think it was the guy with the upper arm cyst), but I was sort of grossed out (ironically, given what you see on this show) to see two dirty shoes sticking out from under the sheet while Dr. Lee was doing her procedure. I realize this is not major surgery, but she exposes a lot of flesh when removing some of these lipomas and cysts and I thought leaving shoes on like this would be a no no from a sterility perspective.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

There was something off about that guy and the way he went mmm every few seconds. I’m surprised his arm isn’t infected since he routinely had his mom digging in the sore.

Reminded me of Billy Bob Thornton in his breakout role of Karl Childers in "Some Folks call it a SLING BLADE."  Hmmm....    

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, GaT said:

The guy with the whatever on his upper arm was just ridiculous, I can't believe she let him take a cigarette break, & then they couldn't reach with him a few months later.

They had already started, not knowing they might ALL be kicked at any moment.  If WE saw how anxious he was, imagine what we did NOT see.  A lot of discussing probably took place before allowing that smoke break--which seems to have worked out.

10 hours ago, GaT said:

Why did they even bother putting him on the show?

Vetting had begun (expensive).  Filming had begun (more expensive).

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Twin cyst on head sisters. One splattered on Dr lee. Why wouldn't she wear a splash guard and maybe even some sort of medical plastic apron or shield? She knew they were cysts and she keeps telling up how unpredictable cysts are, so what the heck!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, seasons said:

Twin cyst on head sisters. One splattered on Dr lee. Why wouldn't she wear a splash guard and maybe even some sort of medical plastic apron or shield? She knew they were cysts and she keeps telling up how unpredictable cysts are, so what the heck!

I've wondered that too.  Perhaps COVID has taught her that wearing eye protection is a good idea whenever you're cyst popping, not just during pandemics.

• Love 1

Cigarette break guy. Cant believe he was okay with the thing on his arm exploding at home, but having an actual doctor work on him he was freaking out. 

Maybe when his Mom messed around with it at home he was smashed so he didn't care.

Glad she was able to help butt crack lump lady. The only that bugged me was her demonstrating how when she bent down to pick something up it was visible. You know buying jeans that fit properly and covered your ass would have solved that issue.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Glad she was able to help butt crack lump lady. The only that bugged me was her demonstrating how when she bent down to pick something up it was visible. You know buying jeans that fit properly and covered your ass would have solved that issue.

I thought the same, or she could have chosen to wear longer tops.  But I fear that now that Dr. Lee has told her that she had a tight butt that she'll wear lower-cut jeans and higher-cut tops to show off her butt crack.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

But I fear that now that Dr. Lee has told her that she had a tight butt that she'll wear lower-cut jeans and higher-cut tops to show off her butt crack.

How 'bout them Daisy Dukes ???

• Love 2
23 hours ago, seasons said:

My guess is that with the pandemic, they are scarce even for Dr. Lee.  She used to use them all the time, and everyone in the room often wore one, and lately she often doesn't have one.

And tonight, 7/9, (or 7/10 rather) at midnight, ET, Dr. Lee is listed as being on the Wendy Williams Show, on TV1.

• Useful 1
On 7/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, CrazyMoon said:
On 7/9/2021 at 8:33 AM, Back Atcha said:

How 'bout them Daisy Dukes ???

Tacky after a certain age...and there should be a weight limit

Sounds like the perfect attire for that "tight butt."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1