Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Paula struggled during TC, and she was in my opinion, one of the worse TC Candidates in Season 5. If she did make the team, it would have been on looks alone and the fact Kelli and Charlotte wanted her on the team because she had a different look the majority of the DCCs did not have. Plus the fact a girl may do well on another dance team does not make her DCC material. I was with Judy when she said a few girls should not have made it to TC over Lauren Gibler. I thought Lauren had more potential over Paula and Courtney Cook.

Edited by bigskygirl

Lauren Gibler would have done fine as a DCC. I don't think Paula was ready by any means that year she tried out but i SO wish she would have tried out again after a little more pro cheer experience because I think she would have done well then! that said, if she was truly happy on the Mavs, power to her. 

• Love 6

Either she was truly happy with the Mavericks, or she didn't want to take the chance of quitting Mavericks to perhaps unsuccessfully audition for DCC because she wanted to do pro cheer in some form.  I've seen worse than her in TC, combined with her looks I think she should have been given a chance.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Either she was truly happy with the Mavericks, or she didn't want to take the chance of quitting Mavericks to perhaps unsuccessfully audition for DCC because she wanted to do pro cheer in some form.  I've seen worse than her in TC, combined with her looks I think she should have been given a chance.

So true especially after they took Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue in Season 8.

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

So true especially after they took Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue in Season 8.

LOL I liked Morgan.

And...I see that I'm in the 2018 speculation thread, I'll shut up now :)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

When do the try-outs begin?  I am so excited for the new season!  Loved the person who put up the photos and names of the ladies who try out!  Thank you in advance.

Prelims are May 5th! Me too, I'm so excited for the coming season!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It's official! Kelli said on the Podcast there will be a Season 13!

Yay! It’s kind of sad though how the show is literally the exact same thing year after year down to the quotes (“this is one of the strongest groups we’ve had,” and “i came up with a system...... yes, no, maybe”), and yet, I am totally addicted to it. 

• Love 14
(edited)
3 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I feel compelled to watch it, too, but all of the great vets of yesteryear are gone. That, to me, kills it a bit. I get it....none of the cheerleaders can do the DCC thing forever, but something about the newer faces is just lacking. Nobody screams out "legend" or "legacy" to me, other than Jinelle. Just listened to her on podcast, and she was amazing. :)

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1

I hope all the DCC hopefuls are brushing up on the present political issues (especially what person holds/held what office) this year and which person was fired/resigned, etc.   Frankly, this may be more difficult than learning the dance part of becoming a DCC.

• Love 3

ttps://www.instagram.com/p/BfzxU_AnWRh/?taken-by=shannonrachele

Kitty's prep class.  I am surprised more girls don't go.

The third video would only load the link. 

DCC prep class at The Star.  Swipe to watch video.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 5:34 PM, Jess14 said:

Yay! It’s kind of sad though how the show is literally the exact same thing year after year down to the quotes (“this is one of the strongest groups we’ve had,” and “i came up with a system...... yes, no, maybe”), and yet, I am totally addicted to it. 

“A bad cameo picture could get a girl cut. A good picture will make me more interested in seeing her in the dance studio”

• Love 4

Is Victoria in danger of becoming the next Vivian?  She is always up front in videos and in pics.  She is always looking in the mirror or at the camera.  I can just hear her now if she makes training camp..........what do you mean I have to stand in the back row???!!!!

Ok leaving the room now..............

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Is Victoria in danger of becoming the next Vivian?  She is always up front in videos and in pics.  She is always looking in the mirror or at the camera.  I can just hear her now if she makes training camp..........what do you mean I have to stand in the back row???!!!!

Kelli said on the podcast that she and Tina (Victoria's mom) are best friends.  Also at one of Kitty Carter's  classes Tina must have gone to the class with Victoria because Kitty posted an instagram story with Tina on that day.

25 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli said on the podcast that she and Tina (Victoria's mom) are best friends.  Also at one of Kitty Carter's  classes Tina must have gone to the class with Victoria because Kitty posted an instagram story with Tina on that day.

Well, they were DCC's together

12 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Why would she be in the back? She wants to stand out and be seen. I think it's fine. May be obnoxious to some, but whatever. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Why would she be in the back? She wants to stand out and be seen. I think it's fine. May be obnoxious to some, but whatever. 

Well she would stand out even if she was in the back anyway. And I don't mean it as a compliment. She would look a bit better if she wasn't dancing next to two awesome dccs.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I would be leery of any dancer that is comfortable being in the back of a room. Especially in a studio. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The only one I recognize is Randi from AAIA.

Victoria always takes the center front spot, she is in the pink sports bra in the video.    She is also in the back in the picture.  I also see Lauren,  Alexis, Savannah and Madeline.  

Edited by 5678Pixie

So who was "thought maybe" to be  a "one and done" and now isn't going to be?  I know some of you don't like Christina but I do.  I'm on the fence about caring if one other makes it.  I thought I read all the rookies were trying out again.  Except for the one who just up and quit.

21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Is that Brennan next to Lauren, and is that Madeline next to Savannah? Is Brennan trying out again? She might have a good shot this year.

Go Brennan!  I'll be rooting for her for sure!

• Love 4

I know Brennan said when she was cut last year that she won't be back and I wouldn't blame her if she moved on with her life.  However, I also wouldn't blame her if she changed her mind and decided to try one more time, especially after what happened last year.  If she made the team, I wonder if she'd be a one-and-done by choice or if she would try for her spot back.  I know people either like Taryn or they don't, but if she comes back with improved flexibility (and improved on whatever issues they had with her last Training Camp), I would like to see her make the squad this year.

As for the rookies currently on the squad, I think Christina and Savannah are the only two candidates really at risk this year (unless people throw Keyra in there) because of the general consensus that they're the two weakest performers for dance and power (maybe even memory).  However, given what happened this year in terms of losing 8 girls overall and 5 of those happening during either Training Camp or afterwards, I really have to wonder if veteran cuts are really going to happen at Finals.  It all depends on what happens when we get there. 

I would suspect that any new girl who gets to Finals will likely have studied the situation before she decides which team (or teams) she's going to audition for and choose the one(s) that she'll have the best chance of making.  That would mean that, given what happened last year and the potential for a LOT of rookies this year, there will likely be a pretty good crop of girls to choose from, maybe even better than we've seen in the past year or two, maybe even more, so there will be some competition this year.  Hopefully, that means we'll get girls who are great dancers and have the potential to stay for a while and not only provide continuity but talent and leadership for years to come.

• Love 1

I think some of the girls are going to be on the fence based on weight gain or looking soft. There's a few vets and rookies that look heavy even if they really aren't. I personally like Savannah myself, but could see where she could be in danger. I also think she falls into a favorite category which will help her stick around. Who knows after all the drama there maybe a blood bath and total clean sweep of a lot of girls to have more of a fresh start next year.  I think it will depend on how much talent comes in to audition. 

I hope Brennan doesn't come back, just because I don't think they will ever put her on the team. But I thought that about Christina too and she made it so who knows. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I know Brennan said when she was cut last year that she won't be back and I wouldn't blame her if she moved on with her life.  However, I also wouldn't blame her if she changed her mind and decided to try one more time, especially after what happened last year.  If she made the team, I wonder if she'd be a one-and-done by choice or if she would try for her spot back.  I know people either like Taryn or they don't, but if she comes back with improved flexibility (and improved on whatever issues they had with her last Training Camp), I would like to see her make the squad this year.

As for the rookies currently on the squad, I think Christina and Savannah are the only two candidates really at risk this year (unless people throw Keyra in there) because of the general consensus that they're the two weakest performers for dance and power (maybe even memory).  However, given what happened this year in terms of losing 8 girls overall and 5 of those happening during either Training Camp or afterwards, I really have to wonder if veteran cuts are really going to happen at Finals.  It all depends on what happens when we get there. 

I would suspect that any new girl who gets to Finals will likely have studied the situation before she decides which team (or teams) she's going to audition for and choose the one(s) that she'll have the best chance of making.  That would mean that, given what happened last year and the potential for a LOT of rookies this year, there will likely be a pretty good crop of girls to choose from, maybe even better than we've seen in the past year or two, maybe even more, so there will be some competition this year.  Hopefully, that means we'll get girls who are great dancers and have the potential to stay for a while and not only provide continuity but talent and leadership for years to come.

Since Brennan was at Kitty's class I have a feeling she is coming back.  Why haven't we been told which vets are retiring  this year.  They had to tell Kelli a couple of weeks ago if they were planning on retiring this year.  If they want to pick girls that will stay a few years, Taryn is early 30's so I doubt she would stay very long plus she seems so much older than the other girls starting out.  Remember Kelli didn't like her face.  I think they will keep all the rookies currently on the squad.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I hope Brennan doesn't come back, just because I don't think they will ever put her on the team. But I thought that about Christina too and she made it so who knows.

This 1000%.  The legend of DCC doesn't exist without girls who try out repeatedly and ALMOST make it.  Vivian, Amy Simone, Meghan F, Emily.  None of them ever made it, but it does make great TV.  Christina was not supposed to be on the team.  She and Savannah can thank Erica and Holly,

I think Christina is fine dance-wise.  I've never seen her look bad. HOWEVER, Savannah is consistently off.  Every time I see her dance, she is off beat.  I really mean EVERY single time.  Even if she has the solo of her life, I don't see how she stays.  They have a season full of meh dancing.

We'll just have to see.  My gut says, if the rumors of 13 more ladies retiring are true, no vets are cuts (unless for major weight gain)

• Love 3

I think Keyra could get axe because she looks bigger in her behind and thigh area. I do not think the last two rookie classes are strong, so I can see a few one or two year vets being cut at finals. Season 6 had seventeen rookies with sixteen of the one year vets trying out again in Season 7. Five one year vets were cut (four of them for weight and one for not impressing the judges.) Season 7 had 19 rookies with most of them trying out again in Season 8. Three one year vets were cut at finals, and one was cut during TC. One was almost cut at finals, but she was saved by Kelli and Charlotte. Four were called into the office for weight, and a bunch of girls with two or more years experience were called out for weight by Miss Kitty. I can see vets being cut at finals especially since they will be a lot of one or two year vets trying out.

1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

Good point about Christina, although in Brennan's case, she made it it very far in training camp in consecutive seasons. Christina got cut at finals multiple times and then wasn't close to making it when she was in training camp. On one hand, that should make Brennan's case stronger to make the team. However, it's almost worse. You can't really say that she ever got lost in the crowd or was injured. They just kept finding reasons not to take her at the end. I didn't even care for Brennan that much last year, but I do think she was stronger than other rookies who made it this year. The fact that 2 girls didn't even make it through the season has to make it sting that much more (I know Kalyssa quit as well, but she at least made it through the NFL season). I hope moves on to another team or just settles in to her career and grows there.

• Love 1

Is ther any speculation out there on vets that aren’t retuning? Kelsey has been all over IG, but not a single dance class posted about. Make sure me suspicious. 

Brennan.... poor Brennan.  I hate seeing her next to Lauren since everyone looks terrible compared to Lauren, who is obviously the cutest person to ever walk the earth. And Victoria has side rolls. She might went grandfathered in, but she’s thirsty-looking and chubby.  I haven’t gotten a chance to see all the ladies in the list, but what I have seen, I’m not impressed. 

• Love 4

Kelsey hasn't said for sure, but based on the lack of DCC posts on her insta I would be willing to bet she isn't coming back. There's been some speculation she won't be back due to traveling with Brody. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

Is ther any speculation out there on vets that aren’t retuning? Kelsey has been all over IG, but not a single dance class posted about. Make sure me suspicious. 

Brennan.... poor Brennan.  I hate seeing her next to Lauren since everyone looks terrible compared to Lauren, who is obviously the cutest person to ever walk the earth. And Victoria has side rolls. She might went grandfathered in, but she’s thirsty-looking and chubby.  I haven’t gotten a chance to see all the ladies in the list, but what I have seen, I’m not impressed. 

If they grandfather Victoria in it would be for TV ratings.  She does NOT have the look or the dance style.  They seem to do anything for ratings so we will see.  

• Love 3

I like Brennan. She dances sexy and like a woman! Randi from AAIA is pretty but I hate her hair. It looks like a mullet. I think I recognised Minerva at the back with the short hair. Another one that shouldn't have cut her hair! And is it my imagination but is there a couple of spurs dancers there too? The short dark haired girls??

• Love 1
11 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Victoria always takes the center front spot, she is in the pink sports bra in the video.    She is also in the back in the picture.  I also see Lauren,  Alexis, Savannah and Madeline.  

I don’t see Savannah or  Madeleine. Can you yell me where they are (unless Savannah is the one with the pink top in the back with dark red hair? I thought her hair was a light red almost blonde now?

7 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

I don’t see Savannah or  Madeleine. Can you yell me where they are (unless Savannah is the one with the pink top in the back with dark red hair? I thought her hair was a light red almost blonde now?

Yes Savannah is in the back with red hair.  Madeline has greenish top on.  If you swipe the video to the picture behind it you will be able to see their faces better. 

I have really appreciated Brennan, both this season and last - she clearly works hard, and she's dedicated and mature.  I'm hoping she doesn't come back though, because I'm afraid she won't be able to make the team and I would hate to see her disappointed.  My reasoning is that she rocked the hell out of auditions this last year, and had a confidence and great facials that everyone commented on (and problems with her facials were what contributed to her cut the previous year).  However, when she made training camp again, she consistently had the same problems with her facials.  I feel like Kelli and Judy were downright exasperated about it - they brought her in several times for office visits, and even had her watch her own audition for inspiration, but it still didn't help.  Kelli even mentioned being tired of having the same "rinse-and-repeat" discussions, and I know she has said in the past that once a training camp candidate has demonstrated that they either cannot or have not addressed the issues that led to their cut in the first place, there is no reason to bring them back again.  I'd love to see her rock it, but I think that door is probably closed for her at this point.

I was so sad about Taryn's cut, but I'm hoping she might consider it again anyway if she's been able to keep up her training and flexibility.  She fought so hard - from barely making it in to the very last cut - and if she's down for the challenge I'd love to see her win out.

Titans Briana is another girl I'd really love to see try out again, and hopefully make it - she's really beautiful and has a down-to-earth attitude that could be a serious asset for the team.

• Love 4