Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Kelsey L. was considered a dance risk her rookie year, but she was kept due to her being so pretty who cares if she can dance spiel. Ashley Pro and Christina may be considered dance risks also. Makes you think what were the judges and Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte were thinking when they bring in certain girls into TC or on the squad.

30 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I agree Taryn would be a one and done not only because she would need to improve but because she is in her early 30s.  Also she can't change her looks.  The rookies this year are all about the same age and it seems like they have really bonded.  I don't know how if Taryn in here 30s and Victoria being 18 years old (if she makes it) would ever bond.  Doesn't seem like Taryn bonded with the girls that much during TC.  

Taryn's in her early 30s??!?!! i had no idea!!! 

i adore her and wish she had made squad.  but that doesn't mean i think she should try out again only because i don't think she's one Kelli would bring onboard. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

As much as I would like her to, I don't think Taryn will try out again.  From what I remember hearing, she was understandably upset she was cut, but then when she heard that, not only were a couple of the girls who were having some issues (different ones, but still) made the squad and others left throughout the season, she was flaming mad, especially after Alexandria left.  Still, even if she made the squad, I think Taryn would have been a one-and-done unless she made HUGE improvements over the course of the year. 

The one I wish would come back (but likely isn't) is Courtney Johnson.  Even Kelli said she would love to see Courtney come back, but it may be that that ship sailed when Courtney was cut from Training Camp.  Some girls move on to another dream when one doesn't work out.

Courtney and Taryn both were able to go back to the teams ( DSIG, AAIA) they were on prior to TC. Seems like Courtney retired from dancing and we don't know what Taryn will do next.

• Love 1
On 3/20/2018 at 9:04 AM, Pink-n-Green said:

How can Kalyssa be pursuing a modeling career?  She's certainly lovely but isn't she a tiny little thing?

Could  you imagine if INSTAGRAM were suddenly deleted? her "modeling"  career would be over LOL

• Love 16
4 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Could  you imagine if INSTAGRAM were suddenly deleted? her "modeling"  career would be over LOL

I know 'petite' modelling is a thing but how seriously can you really take yourself as a model Kalyssa.. Its kind of sad. I see her type of "modelling" as a part-time job/hobby. Not something you build a career on. 

• Love 3

Here is my list of girls I wish would have come back to audition again  Season 4 -  Zoe, from season 5 Kaitlyn Johnson and Mandy, even though she is short, she is adorbs! from season 6, I liked Stephanie, she is from my hometown. I loved Alexandra from season 9 and one girl that I think would have been a great DCC but didn't even make it to training camp was Lauren Gibler.  I hope LSU legs for days golden and tiger girl comes back. I actually thought she was very pretty and obviously a great dancer. I would like to see Evan Anderson's sister do well. I don't remember if she auditioned or not before.  Anyway, as I have mentioned on here before, I am hoping there will be girls that just show up that didn't attend all these prep classes that we are seeing videos of, and they are just super performers, trained dancers with style and the look like Melissa and Erica from season 9 did. I have not seen DCC potential in any of the videos yet.   

Edited by DCCroutineFAN
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Well, I guess if Lucy Ewing (played by Charlene Tilton, who stands at 4'11") can be a model, I guess Kalyssa can as well!

(PS  I am severely dating myself with this reference.  Probably 90% of you are like, "who??")

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Well, I guess if Lucy Ewing (played by Charlene Tilton, who stands at 4'11") can be a model, I guess Kalyssa can as well!

(PS  I am severely dating myself with this reference.  Probably 90% of you are like, "who??")

Was home every Friday night by 9 to watch it (or was it 8)?  

• Love 2

Patrick Duffy was born in Montana. I remember when his poor parents were murdered in 1986? in Boulder, Montana. I feel so old!

I do not think Alexandra from Season 9 would have been a great DCC. She could not dance, and her kicks were bad. I think the only reason why she made it into TC was the fact Kelli liked her so much. They should have cut her right away instead of waiting so long to do so. She was not improving at all. Even if she made the team, she would have been an one and done girl.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:24 PM, WaterSpirit said:

Wow..one and done? I never get the one year ladies. So Kelsey is not coming back? She is one of my favs....I know she was not the best dancer but she had that sexy thing going on, and she always popped. And Maggie? Noooooo, such a pretty dancer.

I do. For some, it's just a hobby..something they want to do then move on. Not everyone makes cheerleading such a big deal; it's just a gig to many.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:04 AM, Pink-n-Green said:

How can Kalyssa be pursuing a modeling career?  She's certainly lovely but isn't she a tiny little thing?

She is, but I get it. Print/commercial modeling not only pays, but there are definitely more opportunities for that type of modeling for everyone. You only really have to be tall for runway.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, EricaShadows said:

The one I wish would come back (but likely isn't) is Courtney Johnson.  Even Kelli said she would love to see Courtney come back, but it may be that that ship sailed when Courtney was cut from Training Camp.  Some girls move on to another dream when one doesn't work out.

I really wish she would too!

On 3/20/2018 at 12:55 PM, 5678Pixie said:

I agree Taryn would be a one and done not only because she would need to improve but because she is in her early 30s.  Also she can't change her looks.  The rookies this year are all about the same age and it seems like they have really bonded.  I don't know how if Taryn in here 30s and Victoria being 18 years old (if she makes it) would ever bond.  Doesn't seem like Taryn bonded with the girls that much during TC.  

That doesn't mean anything. Christina is also a bit older than her class and they all are pretty tight.

• Love 2

I wish I knew how to paste pictures on here, and it may have already been said....But on Kalyssa's Instagram... she posted a  naked picture ( that her nips are barely cut off)  and K-fin commented on it... said "go put some clothes on girl" I about DIED! I may be posting this on the wrong board... if so, sorry MODS

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I wish I knew how to paste pictures on here, and it may have already been said....But on Kalyssa's Instagram... she posted a  naked picture ( that her nips are barely cut off)  and K-fin commented on it... said "go put some clothes on girl" I about DIED! I may be posting this on the wrong board... if so, sorry MODS

i saw that and died laughing!!! I love that Kelli actually said that omg hahaha

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i saw that and died laughing!!! I love that Kelli actually said that omg hahaha

I literally spit my coffee out. I clearly have no life bwhahaha

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mcmrdh said:

She posted a totally naked pix on her IG story today.  This should be on "former DCC"s"

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mcmrdh said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's appropriate for your former employer to talk shit on your Instagram.

That's not even in the galaxy with "world class."

Kalyssa is 20 y.o. She will definitely screw some things up along the way. This may or may not be one of the screw ups.

Kelli is a grown ass woman. She should act like it.

ETA: I can find nothing funny with a 50 y.o. woman throwing UNPROVOKED shade on social media at a 20 y.o.

Edited by hypeman
Getting it together
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think it's appropriate for your former employer to talk shit on your Instagram.

That's not even in the galaxy with "world class."

Kalyssa is 20 y.o. She will definitely screw some things up along the way. This may or may not be one of the screw ups.

Kelli is a grown ass woman. She should act like it.

ETA: I can find nothing funny with a 50 y.o. woman throwing UNPROVOKED shade on social media at a 20 y.o.

Kelli may have been joking around. She may also think this does not fit into the All American Girl image the DCC Organization tries to present to the world even if the girl is not with the team anymore. I think Kalyssa may have been cut from the team or would have been cut at finals if she tried out again as a vet or if she did not want to leave the squad in order to try modeling.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli may have been joking around. She may also think this does not fit into the All American Girl image the DCC Organization tries to present to the world even if the girl is not with the team anymore. I think Kalyssa may have been cut from the team or would have been cut at finals if she tried out again as a vet or if she did not want to leave the squad in order to try modeling.

I'm calm now.  I think I overreacted.

I guess I'm strange. because I don't think the internet should be used to belittle others.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I guess I'm strange. because I don't think the internet should be used to belittle others.

Yeah, i don't think i'd call it throwing shade.  I think Kelli was mostly being funny - especially as Kalyssa herself liked Kelli's comment lol 

• Love 18
19 hours ago, hypeman said:

I think you are quite the opposite, not strange at all.  I highly respect that!  ??

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, LadyMsJay said:

She is, but I get it. Print/commercial modeling not only pays, but there are definitely more opportunities for that type of modeling for everyone. You only really have to be tall for runway.

Weirdly enough, Kalyssa has always reminded me of one of my college sorority sisters; tiny stature and pretty face.  When you mentioned print modeling, a lightbulb lit up over my head and I remembered that college sorority sister had also modeled.  In the Girls of the Big East issue of Playboy!  I hope at least Kalyssa is keeping her clothes on! :)

• Love 1

What do y'all think about Madi? She was cut from DSIG. She said it was because of her back injury, but in reality, she didn't know the audition danced, blanked and started doing another dance during the second round of auditions. Also, her body was not up to par with the rest of DSIGs.

48 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Weirdly enough, Kalyssa has always reminded me of one of my college sorority sisters; tiny stature and pretty face.  When you mentioned print modeling, a lightbulb lit up over my head and I remembered that college sorority sister had also modeled.  In the Girls of the Big East issue of Playboy!  I hope at least Kalyssa is keeping her clothes on! :)

They're already off lol

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

What do y'all think about Madi? She was cut from DSIG. She said it was because of her back injury, but in reality, she didn't know the audition danced, blanked and started doing another dance during the second round of auditions. Also, her body was not up to par with the rest of DSIGs.

Who are we talking about? Which Madi? Did the DSIG auditions already happen or are you talking about last year?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyWithCats said:

Who are we talking about? Which Madi? Did the DSIG auditions already happen or are you talking about last year?

18057826_1626645890679747_30778882295617

She was a DSIG for 3 seasons but was cut last year in TC. DSIG auditions usually are in July.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Oh i love her!! I follow her on IG and think she is adorable and seems like a really sweet girl.  You could tell she was devastated not to make it back to DSIG and she handled it (on SM anyway) with so much maturity and grace.  

I'm NOT doubting she blanked out and bombed the audition but her back injury surely played a part in her prep. It was pretty severe.  I think she probably should have just taken the whole summer off from auditions to heal.  i'll have to look at a team pic again of DSIG - i thought her figure was amazing, the other girls must be incredible for her to not be up to par. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Oh i love her!! I follow her on IG and think she is adorable and seems like a really sweet girl.  You could tell she was devastated not to make it back to DSIG and she handled it (on SM anyway) with so much maturity and grace.  

I'm NOT doubting she blanked out and bombed the audition but her back injury surely played a part in her prep. It was pretty severe.  I think she probably should have just taken the whole summer off from auditions to heal.  i'll have to look at a team pic again of DSIG - i thought her figure was amazing, the other girls must be incredible for her to not be up to par. 

Yeah I liked her too, I thought her body was great but that was a lot of speculation from the DSIG side of part of why she didn't make it back.

Also, once she posted on instagram pretty much saying she only didn't make it back because of her back injury, it pissed off some of the DSIG directors because she made it seem like she was not to blame even though she had messed up her audition dance. There was talk about her returning to DSIG next year but we'll see.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Yeah I liked her too, I thought her body was great but that was a lot of speculation from the DSIG side of part of why she didn't make it back.

Also, once she posted on instagram pretty much saying she only didn't make it back because of her back injury, it pissed off some of the DSIG directors because she made it seem like she was not to blame even though she had messed up her audition dance. There was talk about her returning to DSIG next year but we'll see.

Hm, I didn't see all that - not doubting you! just admitting I truly don't know whole story.  

I still can't help but like her lol i think she'll def try out for DCC tho again. 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

18057826_1626645890679747_30778882295617

She was a DSIG for 3 seasons but was cut last year in TC. DSIG auditions usually are in July.

Huh, I’ve been following her on Instagram for a few years but I didn’t realize she had been cut from DSIG. Shows how close I’ve been paying attention. She’s tiny, I can’t believe she would be cut for figure, but I guess if she was rehabbing an injury she might have gotten a little soft. Anyway, I think she’s cute as a button and I like her short haircut. I’ll be interested to see how her dcc audition goes if she shows up.

2 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

So did Shelly and Sarah Gourley Idziak! Lol

I feel like all the Mean Girls have just stepped forward.

Maybe Jinelle's co-signing of this foolishness will finally get her moved forward in the formation.

#PettyGirlsRock

• Love 2

No offense just because someone likes a comment made on social media does not mean the comment was not a joke. I see nothing wrong with what Kelli said especially after reading a few of the other comments being made. Girls need to be careful what they post on social media especially pictures like the one we have been discussing because it can come back to back fire on her. Just like Kelli and Judy have said more than once: what you put on your social media pages is considered your resume. People will see it, and it will affect your future.

I also do not think Jinelle liked the comment in order to make points with Kelli when it comes to her spot in the formation if she decides to try out again. It would like someone finding their boss or supervisor social media pages and decided to like their comments on anything or everything in order to get a promotion or raise.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense just because someone likes a comment made on social media does not mean the comment was not a joke. I see nothing wrong with what Kelli said especially after reading a few of the other comments being made. Girls need to be careful what they post on social media especially pictures like the one we have been discussing because it can come back to back fire on her. Just like Kelli and Judy have said more than once: what you put on your social media pages is considered your resume. People will see it, and it will affect your future.

I also do not think Jinelle liked the comment in order to make points with Kelli when it comes to her spot in the formation if she decides to try out again. It would like someone finding their boss or supervisor social media pages and decided to like their comments on anything or everything in order to get a promotion or raise.

At risk of speaking out of turn, I think you are taking hypeman’s comment about Jinelle a little too literally. I believe his mention of her moving up in the formation was tongue in cheek, but correct me if I’m wrong @hypeman. Chances of Jinelle trying out again aside, she doesn’t strike me as the sycophantic type of person who would click like on something for approval, and Kelli doesn’t seem like the kind of boss who would give a rat’s ass who clicks like on what in the first place.

Edited by LadyWithCats
  • Love 7
On 3/21/2018 at 10:49 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

I had the opportunity to meet Larry Hagman at an event several years ago - actually got to spend quite a bit of time with him throughout the day as we were both speaking at the same charity event. He was obviously the headliner...I was obviously not. Haha. It took everything in me all day long to keep from blurting out "who shot JR?". Seriously though, he was very kind to everyone we met all day, and I managed to behave and keep my tongue in check all day long. haha!

• Love 2
On 3/22/2018 at 4:20 PM, bigskygirl said:

I agree. Like I said earlier, we don't know their relationship or how she actually meant it.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, Amanda89 said:

I find it interesting that Jinelle and Judy liked Kellis comment!  Maybe wasn’t such a joke after all

Or maybe they just thought it was funny.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, NicoleS9954 said:

So did Shelly and Sarah Gourley Idziak! Lol

I can see Sarah liking it to be a "mean girl"

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sugarplum said:

I had the opportunity to meet Larry Hagman at an event several years ago - actually got to spend quite a bit of time with him throughout the day as we were both speaking at the same charity event. He was obviously the headliner...I was obviously not. Haha. It took everything in me all day long to keep from blurting out "who shot JR?". Seriously though, he was very kind to everyone we met all day, and I managed to behave and keep my tongue in check all day long. haha!

I've heard that he was a really nice guy (except for when someone lit up a cigarette around him and he'd apparently take out a small fan and blow the smoke back at them.  But that's actually kind of hilarious!). 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

(except for when someone lit up a cigarette around him and he'd apparently take out a small fan and blow the smoke back at them.  But that's actually kind of hilarious!). 

I now officially LOVE him!

Edited by Mabinogia
21 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Do y'all remember Kylee from NC state university? It's rumored she's auditioning this year for DCC.

I remember her from a couple of years ago.  She made it to finals and then tried out for DMD and then made Stars.  I remember her because I thought it was so hurtful of Kelli to say on TV that she didn't like her teeth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

Do y'all remember Kylee from NC state university? It's rumored she's auditioning this year for DCC.

She’s pretty and has a unique look - looks like she’s been on the stars for a couple of years!! I also wonder about DSIG Tessa aka Sarah Idziaks sister. She’s auditioned for dcc and hasn’t made it past semis but she looks like she has so much more power now from the Stars! I would love to see her at least make it to finals. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

oh I hope so, I really liked her - she seems like she'd have really dedicated, positive energy.  That pic does not do her any kind of justice though, she's got an expression like she's about to go land perfect DCC kicks to someone's chin ?

Is it more 1) good training or 2) good memory in being able to get and remember routines easily?  I remember my piano teacher telling me how to memorize music.  I'm not sure I would have been able to have a good memory in dance.  Nowadays I can't even remember what I go in a room for....

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Dear CMT and Kelli:  please be sure to show Kelsey during the uniform fittings and get her to ask if she had augmentation.  Thank you.

The only way Kelsey would be shown during the uniform fittings would be if she put on five or more pounds, barely make it back to TC, or her so-called breast augmentation affects how she wears her top half of her uniform. I do not think Kelli could care less about it unless for some reason she is not happy about it.

20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The only way Kelsey would be shown during the uniform fittings would be if she put on five or more pounds, barely make it back to TC, or her so-called breast augmentation affects how she wears her top half of her uniform. I do not think Kelli could care less about it unless for some reason she is not happy about it.

The only vets that are shown during uniform fittings are ones that gain weight.  I remember  Veronica and Hannah (?) or maybe it was another vet trying on their uniforms when they had weight issues in one season .

• Love 2