Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, that top doesn't say "sexy" it says "I'm trying wayyyyy too hard".

As everything Kalyssa does. She is absolutely stunning, but I couldn't stand her since the beginning because she was tryinh way too hard. She doesn't need the ta ta shaking, the over-blurred pictures and the barely there clothes to draw attention to herselft. And say whatever you want, I can't stand people who only use their looks to advance and have no other plans. Yes she is pretty but she's not like Brianna (who could actually do runway and have a modeling career) and she has nothing else to fall back on. Should the dccs use their beauty and fame while it lasts?absolutely. Should they rely on this only?hell no

Re: rookies. Don't they have to actually make it back to be considered vets? 

• Love 9

Rookies have to do a complete DCC year/season to be considered a vet. Kalyssa left before the season was over, so no, she would be considered a rookie if she wanted to try out again. I think once the girls get their rookie rings at the End of Year Banquet they are considered a vet. If they try out again and get cut at finals or during TC, they would be considered a vet if they decide to try out again and make the team.

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, that top doesn't say "sexy" it says "I'm trying wayyyyy too hard".

Agree.  She looks...cheap.  I see shades of Hunter B. in Kalyssa and vice versa.  They both post vapid, unending selfies on Instagram.  They're favorite person is themselves and it's annoying.  Although, I give Kalyssa a bit of credit, she's a hustler.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LMarchBand said:

Agree.  She looks...cheap.  I see shades of Hunter B. in Kalyssa and vice versa.  They both post vapid, unending selfies on Instagram.  They're favorite person is themselves and it's annoying.  Although, I give Kalyssa a bit of credit, she's a hustler.

yZ8lILd.gif

• Love 3

Kalyssa is pursuing a career as a model and seems to be putting a lot of effort into it. She isn't the only member of the team to have followed this path. I suppose you could call that using your looks to advance, but I see nothing wrong with modeling as a career choice, particularly the type of modeling she is doing, which appears to be commercial stuff and is not nude or raunchy or trashy. To me this is not the same as someone pretty relying on her looks to have others pay her way. She is working. As to whether she has no other plans, well that remains to be seen. I don't believe she has spoken at length about her life goals. And even if she doesn't have any other plans, that's ok too. She is very very young. Very few people are laser-focused at that age. I sure wasn't.

What interests me most about the comments above is that they could be applied to the whole team. Ta ta shaking? That shoulder shimmy they showed Kalyssa do 500 times during the audition was also a move in the audition choreo. Over-blurred pictures? Check the DCC cameos and swimsuit photos. Barely there clothes to draw attention to themselves? That's the DCC uniform by definition. I don't get why these things are ok when you're doing it for Uncle Jerry and not ok on your own time. 

I would never wear the low cut tops we've seen Kalyssa wear. I would never wear a DCC uniform, or most of the swimsuits they have in the calendar, or some of the evening wear we've seen them wear for special events. I'm not the type of person who cares to display my sexuality in that way. I'm a much more private, reserved person.  But that's how I feel about my body. I don't necessarily draw a straight line between a plunging neckline and low moral character, laziness, and lack of ambition. The only thing I could fault Kalyssa for is quitting in the middle of her contract. And even then, I'm trying to reserve judgment because I have no idea what the circumstances are. It's not easy because I tend to be quite judgmental, but I'm working on that. It's so easy to look at someone else's life and point out what they're doing wrong. And the less you know about that person and their situation, the easier it is to do.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Kalyssa is pursuing a career as a model and seems to be putting a lot of effort into it. She isn't the only member of the team to have followed this path. I suppose you could call that using your looks to advance, but I see nothing wrong with modeling as a career choice, particularly the type of modeling she is doing, which appears to be commercial stuff and is not nude or raunchy or trashy. To me this is not the same as someone pretty relying on her looks to have others pay her way. She is working. As to whether she has no other plans, well that remains to be seen. I don't believe she has spoken at length about her life goals. And even if she doesn't have any other plans, that's ok too. She is very very young. Very few people are laser-focused at that age. I sure wasn't.

What interests me most about the comments above is that they could be applied to the whole team. Ta ta shaking? That shoulder shimmy they showed Kalyssa do 500 times during the audition was also a move in the audition choreo. Over-blurred pictures? Check the DCC cameos and swimsuit photos. Barely there clothes to draw attention to themselves? That's the DCC uniform by definition. I don't get why these things are ok when you're doing it for Uncle Jerry and not ok on your own time. 

I would never wear the low cut tops we've seen Kalyssa wear. I would never wear a DCC uniform, or most of the swimsuits they have in the calendar, or some of the evening wear we've seen them wear for special events. I'm not the type of person who cares to display my sexuality in that way. I'm a much more private, reserved person.  But that's how I feel about my body. I don't necessarily draw a straight line between a plunging neckline and low moral character, laziness, and lack of ambition. The only thing I could fault Kalyssa for is quitting in the middle of her contract. And even then, I'm trying to reserve judgment because I have no idea what the circumstances are. It's not easy because I tend to be quite judgmental, but I'm working on that. It's so easy to look at someone else's life and point out what they're doing wrong. And the less you know about that person and their situation, the easier it is to do.

You have hit it on the nail with this paragraph. Kelli, Judy, Charlotte, and the judges will call a girl out for wearing a top like the one Kalyssa had on in the one picture, but it is alright for a DCC to wear a barely there bikini with high black boots aka the Julia Robert look from Pretty Woman. I guess if it is for the DCC Organization it is all fine and dandy. I admit I am guilty of saying things about how the girls look and/or act, but I do not see what is wrong with what Kalyssa wearing a top like the one in the photo, but it is okay for her to wear the DCC uniform while shaking her cash and prizes for the world to see. Plus the fact Kalssa is not the first DCC who use being a DCC to further her career. Melissa the Mentor lead the way with her Celebrity D Reality Show Career, and the DCC Organization let her be promoted on the show as being a former DCC success, so what the heck do they expect. They opened the barn door, and a few girls are taking the bite in order to have a career outside of the DCC world. If CMT, yes I blame CMT more than I do Kelli and Judy in selecting Melissa to be a mentor, were smart, they would use girls like three year vet Melissa who went out and got a great education while being a current DCC in order to work with doctors to improve the lives of children. I am sorry, but I do not see Melissa the Mentor as a true former DCC success story, but sadly girls look at her like she is one, and they are willing to go down the route she took.

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Ta ta shaking? That shoulder shimmy they showed Kalyssa do 500 times during the audition was also a move in the audition choreo.

Yes, shimmies are a part of the choreography, but IMO when Kalyssa does it, it looks raunchier than it should.  There is a video that I think Madeline posted on her Twitter of DCC doing a hip hop routine with the R&B dancers (it was posted on one of these forums here..NE Alexandria was on it and she screwed up her arm movements pretty bad) .  Watching some of those moves, the R&B dancers look perfectly fine & natural...Kalyssa on the other hand looks like she's humping the air. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, shimmies are a part of the choreography, but IMO when Kalyssa does it, it looks raunchier than it should.  There is a video that I think Madeline posted on her Twitter of DCC doing a hip hop routine with the R&B dancers (it was posted on one of these forums here..NE Alexandria was on it and she screwed up her arm movements pretty bad) .  Watching some of those moves, the R&B dancers look perfectly fine & natural...Kalyssa on the other hand looks like she's humping the air. 

LOL, I don't see that at all. I know you do. And plenty of other similar comments have been made about Kalyssa. I just disagree. They milked the hell out of that shimmy on the show. They showed it over and over. They showed it up close. They might even have showed it in slow motion. That's where they first began shaping Kalyssa's story and heavily informed everyone's first opinion of her. Meanwhile, she wasn't doing anything anyone else wasn't doing. She is a naturally sexy girl. But raunchy/trashy? Neither Kelli nor Charlotte would have have allowed her on the team if that's what they saw in her.

• Love 6

Kalyssa seems to be very into herself, and she can come off as raunchy, but I’m not going to harp on the shirt. They all wear next to nothing (specifically the bottoms) during games in front of thousands of people in person and more on tv. If you’re into modesty, you’re not going to be a DCC. Likewise, with the show, i think they all have a bit of fame-whore in them - some more than others, but it’s still reality tv no matter how you slice. To be clear, I’m not complaining or criticizing, just calling it like I see it. I’ve been watching the show for years, so I hope girls keep trying out, and they keep the show going. 

Kalyssa is smoking hot and super sexy and in your face- which some people just don’t care for. She’s just different from a classical beauty like Abigail Klein. Abigail wore the shorts but she just had a classiness about her that Kalyssa doesn’t. Kalyssa is straight sex. Doesn’t bother me. Work it girl. Just know that looks fade and someday you gotta have a personality as well.

• Love 9

Reminds me of TC Candidate Cathleen from Season 3. For the life of me I still cannot get why she made TC because she was skinny, flat-chested and could not dance worth a darn. Jump to Season 9 and Finalist Leah Jo. They said she was too sexy for the squad, but I saw nothing wrong with her or her solo. I mean really Kelli and Charlotte the fans are not ready for her. Have they seen how the girls perform at home games or their calendar shoots. Leah Jo was mild compared to Kalyssa. I see no rhyme or reason why they cut certain girls or bring on certain girls. I guess it all comes down to the ole stand by of male appeal.

I'm also against the swimsuits they're wearing and well,the calendar in general with the heavy photoshop and trashy swimsuits. I'm completely against that trashy runway show they were forced to do. And I know that no matter how hard they try to convince us otherwise, the dccs are there to be eye candy for the fans. I'm fine with this since it's their choice and especially if they use their "careers" as dccs to get jobs-that includes Kalyssa as well. Yes we don't know them personally but the whole purpose of this forum is to commend on the girls, which we all do to an extent. I might be completely wrong about her, but Kalyssa rubs me the wrong way, the way Holly rubs certain people. But to me, Holly has the skills to back it up, Kalyssa relies on her sex appeal. That's what I meant with her having no plan. She doesn't have a degree, doesn't have solid professional experience,doesn't have the skills to be a professional dancer. Maybe she will try to get into another show, or just marry rich. If she's happy with it, more power to her, but that's not exactly a role model to me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Isn’t Kalyssa too short to be a model?

She could do beauty, lingerie, parts (hands/feet), or some types of petite commercial modeling.  High fashion/runway really isn’t about being conventionally beautiful; it’s about having the right build and walk.  I had a contract with a major agency for a year in the early 90s. I got scouted in college and tried it but didn’t really enjoy it and didn’t get a ton of bookings.  I’m 5’10” and at the time weighed 109, with no curves whatsoever.  With a background in dance, I could pose well and had a decent runway walk.  Never was anywhere near as beautful as Kalyssa, but that’s not what scouts and agents were looking for, at least back then. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm also against the swimsuits they're wearing and well,the calendar in general with the heavy photoshop and trashy swimsuits. I'm completely against that trashy runway show they were forced to do. And I know that no matter how hard they try to convince us otherwise, the dccs are there to be eye candy for the fans. I'm fine with this since it's their choice and especially if they use their "careers" as dccs to get jobs-that includes Kalyssa as well. Yes we don't know them personally but the whole purpose of this forum is to commend on the girls, which we all do to an extent. I might be completely wrong about her, but Kalyssa rubs me the wrong way, the way Holly rubs certain people. But to me, Holly has the skills to back it up, Kalyssa relies on her sex appeal. That's what I meant with her having no plan. She doesn't have a degree, doesn't have solid professional experience,doesn't have the skills to be a professional dancer. Maybe she will try to get into another show, or just marry rich. If she's happy with it, more power to her, but that's not exactly a role model to me.

She is not the only one with no plans. What would happen to the some of the girls if there was no reality television shows, youtube or social media to fall back on. Yes, they may have the "look" for now, but if the reality television craze and social media craze went to heck in a hand basket, where were certain girls go to without having a serious talent and education to back them up. Not all can be like third year vet Melissa with a mechanical engineering degree or Selina with an education degree. Former DCCs like Melissa the Mentor or even Jasmine are a dime a dozen.

Kalyssa had a job during training camp, didn’t she? I think she’s the one who was talking about how exhausted it was to get home so late and then have to go to work early in the morning. So she seems like she at least has some work experience beyond dance and is willing to do the 9-5 job if necessary. I kind of agree with a poster upthread, Kalyssa seems like a hustler - someone who knows how to get noticed and make connections and whos is not afraid to leave when the time is right. I obviously don’t know her, but from what I’ve seen, i dont really see her as being someone will be lost without DCC. Then, if the modeling doesn't work, she seems like they type who will quickly move on to the next thing.

• Love 5

I think Kalyssa had a construction company job, but I am not sure. I think it was brought up on the show last season. I do not know why someone would leave a decent job to go after modeling, but I am not her. I would rather keep a more secure job, but to each their own. Oh to be young again!

2 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

She could do beauty, lingerie, parts (hands/feet), or some types of petite commercial modeling.  High fashion/runway really isn’t about being conventionally beautiful; it’s about having the right build and walk.  I had a contract with a major agency for a year in the early 90s. I got scouted in college and tried it but didn’t really enjoy it and didn’t get a ton of bookings.  I’m 5’10” and at the time weighed 109, with no curves whatsoever.  With a background in dance, I could pose well and had a decent runway walk.  Never was anywhere near as beautful as Kalyssa, but that’s not what scouts and agents were looking for, at least back then. 

She would totally rock a lingerie catalogue!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LMarchBand said:

Or a JC Penney catalog.  Belk, maybe.

Totally! She would make those dull clothes look good! Kalyssa is pretty.... like her or hate her, she’d be a good catalogue model. Nothing wrong with that. We can’t all be Cindy Crawford.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Totally! She would make those dull clothes look good! Kalyssa is pretty.... like her or hate her, she’d be a good catalogue model. Nothing wrong with that. We can’t all be Cindy Crawford.

She absolutely would.  I think she could make a good living at it.  For commercial work, casting agents are looking for girls who fit ready-to-wear clothes (usually 5’4” to 5’7”, but it’s flexible, and slim) and who look like the idealized girl next door.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

Isn’t Kalyssa shorter than 5’4? I thought I remembered reading she’s barely pushing five feet. Not saying she can’t model, but she isn’t exactly ready to wear height.

I have no idea how tall she is, but if she’s under the standard height for commercial modeling, she might get signed to a petite division.  Just about all of the big agencies have petite and plus boards these days.  

If I'm not mistaken, the average height for a "standard" female model is 5'9" to 5'11" with people like Oluchi (at 6'2" being the exception) and may go down to 5'8" if the girl is GOOD.  These are the girls we see on the runway and who get the most jobs.  Petite and plus are coming to the fore, especially with girls like Ashley Graham hitting the scene, but I haven't seen a girl (besides Kate Moss) who really rocked the "petite" label and, even then, she was only 5'6".  I doubt there will really be any girls shorter than that in runway shows and the like (unless they're specifically for the petite groups), though, as another poster said, Kalyssa could get into the beauty, body part, lingerie (but not likely Victoria Secret) and the like, especially if she's in the 5'2" and shorter group.

I do find it ironic that most modeling agencies start the "plus"-size groups at size 10 or thereabouts when the real world starts it around 16.  Don't quote me on any of this, however, since I don't work for a modeling agency, I don't really follow the industry and I'm not a model myself.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Isn’t Kalyssa too short to be a model?

No. She could do print instead of runway.

16 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

It's so trashy. As far as relying on her "sex appeal," what's so wrong with that? Maybe that IS her plan. Maybe she doesn't want to keep punching someone's clock or care to be a professional dancer down the line. If she wants to use her beauty to get her some money, so be it. I don't see anything wrong w/ it. She's not going to stay young forever..hell..use what you got!! (lol)

9 hours ago, ales-ya said:

Is Heather H trying out again? She got cut last year, and I feel like she got robbed!  She’s so stinking cute, hope she comes back ;-)

I doubt she is.

• Love 2

I do not get the beauty of Tasha. To me she looks like a fake plastic Barbie doll. I think all the girls look better on their calendar shoot because the tanning, big hair, and makeup are tone down a lot more than the cameo pictures and game day pictures. Of course, they do go in and over re do the calendar shoot pictures to the point of making the girls look worse at times. but at least they look less plastic.

I don’t find Tasha particularly attractive. I think she’d probably be prettier to me with a different hair color (I’m thinking she’d be a stunner as a brunette), and different, less caked-on make up.

I definitely think Kalyssa is prettier than Tasha, but still not really my cup of tea. I’m also always really negatively distracted by Kalyssa’s bolted on breast implants.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Looks like these three will be auditioning this year

Wade Robson is deeply offended by this choreography and I feel personally attacked by this choreography. 

Not feeling either girl. I do hope this year’s field of girls gets better as auditions get closer. Otherwise, the 2018-2019 season is going to suck balls. 

Edited by LMarchBand
Had to change the 2018. I have fat hands. So what!!
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

I don’t find Tasha particularly attractive. I think she’d probably be prettier to me with a different hair color (I’m thinking she’d be a stunner as a brunette), and different, less caked-on make up.

I definitely think Kalyssa is prettier than Tasha, but still not really my cup of tea. I’m also always really negatively distracted by Kalyssa’s bolted on breast implants.

I think i shared this a long time ago but she was brunette at one point! She looks SO different here with the hair and pre-nose job: 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Jazzhands said:

She looks like Jessica Alba to me in that picture. A natural beauty, compared with her current Barbie look. By which I mean completely plastic. 

she does kind of, i can see that.  honestly, it's like she hit the ground as a kid in dance, pageants and beauty competitions.  she never had a chance to not become a barbie. 

tho i say that as someone who actually does like Tasha and thinks she's gorgeous even if it's more made up than i'd prefer lol 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think i shared this a long time ago but she was brunette at one point! She looks SO different here with the hair and pre-nose job: 

See, she looks gorgeous there. I don’t want to say she ruined herself because she can change her hair, but I don’t think she will.

• Love 3

But back to the topic of DCC auditions....

I'll be curious to see if any of the Miami girls come back to audition for DCC this year. I always wondered if the move to Miami was because they figured they'd never be chosen for DCC, or if they figured a season or two under their belt in Miami would eventually increase their odds in Dallas.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

But back to the topic of DCC auditions....

I'll be curious to see if any of the Miami girls come back to audition for DCC this year. I always wondered if the move to Miami was because they figured they'd never be chosen for DCC, or if they figured a season or two under their belt in Miami would eventually increase their odds in Dallas.

Judging by their posted routines, I don't think a few years in Miami would help anybody!

ETA: I posted a video of the MDC in the "other teams" thread.

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

@LMarchBand , anybody can learn those routines. They look like girls at the skating rink who dance to 50 Cent in stocking feet.

Oh, my post was more of a reference to being an NSYNC fan and the choreography that Wade came up with for the entire No Strings Attached tour.  SDW's choreography just reminds me of someone who is in desperate need of a fix of speed or meth and they can't get it so hey start to convulse and twitch.  It is a slap in the face to all NSYNC fans everywhere because like him or not (totally different tangent) Wade killed this choreography.

8 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

Oh, my post was more of a reference to being an NSYNC fan and the choreography that Wade came up with for the entire No Strings Attached tour.  SDW's choreography just reminds me of someone who is in desperate need of a fix of speed or meth and they can't get it so hey start to convulse and twitch.  

And then SDW's hooting and hollering that is added into the mix, to make it annoying on top of it. Like them or loathe them, NSYNC really knew how to put on a show. Now I have "Bye, Bye, Bye" rolling through my brain. ?

• Love 1
On 2/19/2018 at 10:27 PM, PrincessLeia said:

Kalyssa is smoking hot and super sexy and in your face- which some people just don’t care for. She’s just different from a classical beauty like Abigail Klein. Abigail wore the shorts but she just had a classiness about her that Kalyssa doesn’t. Kalyssa is straight sex. Doesn’t bother me. Work it girl. Just know that looks fade and someday you gotta have a personality as well.

2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

People loved Kalyssa until they found out she quit. Hm. 

23 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

Well--I was thinking that but just didn't say it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

People loved Kalyssa until they found out she quit. Hm. 

That’s a pretty big generalization. I’ve seen plenty of people say negative things about Kalyssa far pre-dating her exit of the team (and no, I am not actually new to this forum despite the join date on this particular account).

Kalyssa was one of my favorite potential candidates this time last year just based on videos that were posted of her here. I never actually finished the most recent season of MTT, and to be honest I wasn’t super invested, so I can’t remember much about how she came across there. What did make me not care for her over time was her Instagram. While I think it’s great that she’s going after what she wants (modeling), her Instagram just comes across extremely self-absorbed. Currently you have to scroll past thirty-one pictures of Kalyssa by herself to find any content featuring other people (excluding one cheering picture where other girls are in the background). I know people will argue that most of the girls’ instagrams come across somewhat vapid, and it’s true about a lot of them. Kalyssa just takes it to a new level. She’s trying to create an image for herself, and that image is coming across “me me me.”

Edited by LadyWithCats
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

That’s a pretty big generalization. I’ve seen plenty of people say negative things about Kalyssa far pre-dating her exit of the team (and no, I am not actually new to this forum despite the join date on this particular account).

Kalyssa was one of my favorite potential candidates this time last year just based on videos that were posted of her here. I never actually finished the most recent season of MTT, and to be honest I wasn’t super invested, so I can’t remember much about how she came across there. What did make me not care for her over time was her Instagram. While I think it’s great that she’s going after what she wants (modeling), her Instagram just comes across extremely self-absorbed. Currently you have to scroll past thirty-one pictures of Kalyssa by herself to find any content featuring other people (excluding one cheering picture where other girls are in the background). I know people will argue that most of the girls’ instagrams come across somewhat vapid, and it’s true about a lot of them. Kalyssa just takes it to a new level. She’s trying to create an image for herself, and that image is coming across “me me me.”

B562E77C-8B31-4E11-A0E3-8F1196802155.gif

• Love 2