Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 1/28/2018 at 3:41 PM, MrsEVH said:

Found a slideshow of last year's (2017) finalists. Noted where they ended up on the DCC or another team:

Chenise, Alex,  Monyca (MDD), Maddie D (MDD), Christina (DCC), Madi A, Rachel C, Tara (DCC), Madelyn A, Randi (AAIA), Emily W, Alise (DMD), Brittney O (AAIA), Emily L, Alexis (DCC), Erin cut @ TC, Emily A, Grace (AAIA), Katelynn, Lexie (DCC), Mackenzie, Cristi (AAIA), Celinda cut @ TC, Madeline cut @ TC, Keyra (DCC), Raven, Joi (MDD), Haleigh,  Hanna (AAIA), Kristin (AAIA), Savannah (DCC), Ally C, Rachel A (DCC), Lauren P (DCC), Kali, Miranda (DCC), Sheridan (DMD), Julia (DMD), Alexandra,  Lacey, Brennan cut @ TC, Briana , Kayla, Alexandria (DCC), Brianna L (TLD), Whitney, Molly (DCC), Kelly (DMD), Kalyssa (DCC), Dayton, Taryn cut @ TC (AAIA), Gianna, Brianna W cut @ TC, Kelly S (MDC), Gina (DCC).

Here's the link   http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/05/09/2017-dcc-finalists#420231

I wonder how many of them will audition again.

Not sure if this count, but Chenise is an Orlando Magic's Dancer now. 

On 1/22/2018 at 2:36 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Brittany Overstreet is still my #1 to make it this year (as in, who I want to see on the squad or at least TC) but Julia Fife is my #2.  I think she is just gorgeous and I'm hoping a year on the Mavs gave her some more experience and she'll come back in kill it.  

Did Julia Fife tryout last year? I completely missed her. She’s a UT Pom Squad alum so I follow her on Instagram. Hook Em.

She’s pretty, but blends with all the other Dallas big boobed extension crazy blondes. She needs an updated look. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Did Julia Fife tryout last year? I completely missed her. She’s a UT Pom Squad alum so I follow her on Instagram. Hook Em.

She’s pretty, but blends with all the other Dallas big boobed extension crazy blondes. She needs an updated look. 

she did! i think she made it to finals? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!! 

Brennan was at Kitty’s prep class last night. AHHHH

Erin the ballerina, Madeline, Lindsey Waldron and Victoria Kalina we’re also there

I think Madeline Malloy is the cutest thing ever and has been really working to improve.  I hope she makes it.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!! 

Brennan was at Kitty’s prep class last night. AHHHH

Erin the ballerina, Madeline, Lindsey Waldron and Victoria Kalina we’re also there

I'm so torn on the idea of Brennan trying out again. I rooted for her hard these last two seasons and I think she was absolutely robbed this last training camp. I think Kelli and Judy would be relieved to have someone who was hard-working, a little older and more mature, and who would leave drama at the door (this is an assumption, naturally, but I got a very relaxed and genuine vibe from her). She put in serious time to make the team and to see Christina of all people "rewarded" for her years of work rubbed me the wrong way as I think Brennan simply deserved it more and got the shaft based on nothing but her face. Knowing the quality of rookies we got this year, I wonder if K & J ever found themselves rethinking or regretting her cut. I can see her thinking that she still has a shot if she comes back.

On the other hand, I don't want her to give K & J the chance to break her heart again. I think they've made it clear they don't think she has the look. I'd worry they'd cut her at finals so they don't have to cut her at training camp again. It seems like she's doing well for herself and has a career; all things considered, she has more going for her than DCC.

Bottom line is that I am TEAM BRENNAN and if she does come back then dammit I hope she blows everyone away and gets her shot.

• Love 13

My only feeling on Brennan is if they take her to TC, they need to put her on the squad. If they aren’t 99.9999% sure she’s going to be on the final squad, cut her at finals.  She’s not going to improve any more and her face is what it is.

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

I think Brennan simply deserved it more and got the shaft based on nothing but her face

I didn’t think it was about her looks, I thought Kelli kept telling her that her power was lacking.  I’m with you, though, in hoping she makes it, and I think she definitely deserved a shot with the current squad. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

My only feeling on Brennan is if they take her to TC, they need to put her on the squad. If they aren’t 99.9999% sure she’s going to be on the final squad, cut her at finals.  She’s not going to improve any more and her face is what it is.

THIS 100% about any girl they bring back 3x. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Do you think after Megan (RIP) they will let Brennan three-peat? I doubt it very seriously. Her biggest problem was lack of confidence. She was always acting like a scared rabbit.

yes bc Kyndall.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I didn’t think it was about her looks, I thought Kelli kept telling her that her power was lacking.  I’m with you, though, in hoping she makes it, and I think she definitely deserved a shot with the current squad. 

No, there were issues with her looks as well. Maybe her expressions or her eyes? Can’t remember.

They were concerned with her looks for sure during cameos because the way she was photographing made her look cross-eyed and wonky.  The moment they figured out she needed to tilt her head up and almost look down her nose at the camera and it all seemed to be fixed.  They wanted the "fun, sassy" Brennan they saw at auditions, the one that wasn't afraid to stare down the judges and bring the fire, the spark.  I wouldn't be surprised if, once she got into Training Camp again, she allowed her nerves to get to her which messed up her mojo and ruined it for her.  They should have put her on the team and allowed her to relax into it, then they would have gotten the Brennan from Finals back.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, there were issues with her looks as well. Maybe her expressions or her eyes? Can’t remember.

The only time I ever saw an issue about her looks was here :)  I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I really do not recall it.  And they would be giant hypocrites if they did complain about her looks, not everybody currently on the team has a pretty face.

27 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

They wanted the "fun, sassy" Brennan they saw at auditions, the one that wasn't afraid to stare down the judges and bring the fire, the spark. 

THAT is what I remembered. 

27 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

They should have put her on the team and allowed her to relax into it, then they would have gotten the Brennan from Finals back.

This!  You know, they say all the time that if you're going to be nervous when it's just K&J then you'll be a wreck with a stadium full of thousands of people, but that's not necessarily true.  I find it much easier to do any kind of performance in front of a huge group of generic eyeballs than in front of 2 people who you can look directly into their disapproving eyes :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

Edited 13 hours ago by PrincessLeia.

On that photo of Julia Fife--Are those long pieces of hair hanging in front extensions?  Aren't they too  long?  I think I have finally figured out how to spot them.  What about that girl next to her?   Same?

12 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!! 

Brennan was at Kitty’s prep class last night. AHHH

Oh, Brennan. No. 

Brennan is too good for the DCC after that complete BS of a training camp last year.  If she does come back, I hope she makes it to training camp and then tells them to fuck off. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Maybe she has plans to go Megan Flaherty 2.0 on them. 

I would so enjoy that

4 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

Oh, Brennan. No. 

Brennan is too good for the DCC after that complete BS of a training camp last year.  If she does come back, I hope she makes it to training camp and then tells them to fuck off. 

My thoughts exactly 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

The only time I ever saw an issue about her looks was here :)  I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I really do not recall it.  And they would be giant hypocrites if they did complain about her looks, not everybody currently on the team has a pretty face.

Refer to what Erica shadows posted above. It was during cameos. 

10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

that photo of Julia Fife--Are those long pieces of hair hanging in front extensions?  Aren't they too  long?  I think I have finally figured out how to spot them.  What about that girl next to her?   Same?

Julia’s hair is full of extensions.

1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

Refer to what Erica shadows posted above. It was during cameos. 

I did refer to what Erica Shadows posted above, I simply do not remember Brennan's looks being mentioned.

10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Looks like Madelyn will be trying out again. She tried out for DCC and Mavs last year but didn't make it to finals.

She's the one in front in the top with the cutout under her bust.

She will need to delete her instagram if she ever hopes to get into tc.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Looks like Madelyn will be trying out again. She tried out for DCC and Mavs last year but didn't make it to finals.

She's the one in front in the top with the cutout under her bust.

They all look like they're all bunched up and in each others way. I think I noticed AAIA Randi there. 

Edited by MrsEVH
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Don't know about that just bc I haven't seen it, but she needs to slim down and step up her dance. I just wanted to watch the blond in front of her.

11 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Don't know about that just bc I haven't seen it, but she needs to slim down and step up her dance. I just wanted to watch the blond in front of her.

I think Dreamcatcher was referring to this kind of thing, LOL

• Love 6

I went thro her insta page she seems cool, unique and has a personality unlike the majority of DCCs and hopefuls. 

I hope she makes it.

But i hate the fur thing tho

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I think Dreamcatcher was referring to this kind of thing, LOL

Oh yes! And this:

And most of her pics really. She can definitely keep this one though

really though, it's like these dcc hopefuls have never watched a single episode of the show. To be fair, she is really pretty but she needs to lay off the dark lipstick, dark dye and tacky outfits. 

Apparently she and Hanna Oliver were on the Oregon State dance team together and then moved to Dallas. I think they moved at different times though. Current DCC Maggie was on a college dance team in Oregon, wasn't she? I don't think it was the same school though. I'm trying to remember the photo I saw of her in her college dance uniform. I don't think it was the same color as Madelyn's orange and black.

(edited)

Here's the crew at Kitty's a couple days ago. Lots of familiar faces.

Back row: Victoria Kalina, Erin Sauerhage, ???, Hannah Anderson?

Middle row: Madeline Molloy, can't remember her name but I've seen her before, Alex Yap, Brennan Cook

Front row: Kitty, Lauren Parker, Madelyn Vincent

Not sure if this one was posted last week.
Edited by sleepyjean
38 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Apparently she and Hanna Oliver were on the Oregon State dance team together and then moved to Dallas. I think they moved at different times though. Current DCC Maggie was on a college dance team in Oregon, wasn't she? I don't think it was the same school though. I'm trying to remember the photo I saw of her in her college dance uniform. I don't think it was the same color as Madelyn's orange and black.

GASP!!!! :)  As a former University of Oregon student, I can tell you that Maggie is a former Duck.  She was wearing the green and yellow.  She cheered with Molly.

Katelyn Johnson from Season 5 was also a U of O cheerleader.  Jennifer McMahon is from Oregon, but I don't remember if she cheered on a college team.

Edited by scorpio1031
forgot Molly:(
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Here's the crew at Kitty's a couple days ago. Lots of familiar faces.

Back row: Victoria Kalina, Erin Sauerhage, ???, Hannah Anderson?

Middle row: Madeline Molloy, can't remember her name but I've seen her before, Alex Yap, Brennan Cook

Front row: Kitty, Lauren Parker, Madelyn Vincent

Not sure if this one was posted last week.

I think the girl next Madeline is Lindsay who was a Spurs dancer.

Is this Madelyn the one who kept talking about having to sleep on an air mattress? Or was that someone else?

After seeing this Madelyn's Insta, I don't think most Moms would hire her as a nanny.

Brennan...she's the kind of person I'd enjoy meeting and getting to know as a person because she's got her head on straight and seems very sweet. But the thing with her gaze is just off enough to be an issue. You can't fix that.

• Love 1

Why do 18 year olds think they have to "pretend" they are adults in photos (Madelyn).  That is a ridiculous photo.  Does she even know what PETA stands for?  

Sorry I am just older.  My momma would have boxed my ears.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Does she even know what PETA stands for?  

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Edited by mmm
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

It's a song lyric..

It’s a stupid post. That she’s applying to herself. Dumb. Especially if she wants to audition for DCC. The cig hanging out of her mouth is super special. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 5