Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, mmm said:
4 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Does she even know what PETA stands for?  

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

I think it's safe to say we all know what it means, the question was whether this Madeline girl knows what it means.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It’s a stupid post. That she’s applying to herself. Dumb. Especially if she wants to audition for DCC. The cig hanging out of her mouth is super special. 

To each his own. It's just a "typical" post to me. I see this kind of stuff all the time..especially with song lyrics.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think it's safe to say we all know what it means, the question was whether this Madeline girl knows what it means.

Oh absolutely I know.  I have been active for many years monitoring legislation which will prohibit responsible pet ownership.  So many people think PETA actually helps animals.

Hi friends! List maker of the greats here! Here’s an updated social media of prospective and confirmed girls trying out 

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Bree @breejackai

Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Shannon Elkins @shannonrachele

• Love 1

Mary Kate (@mkdomino) is on that list twice.  I wonder why Brennan's auditioning again, if she is.  I thought she said she was done last year, especially after getting so far and getting cut.  There's a few on that list that I recognize from last year.  I wonder who's going to make it to camp this year and who of the vets that are going to get cut.  Isn't Angela Huang the doctor that keeps trying out every year, but isn't in it to actually make the team?

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Mary Kate (@mkdomino) is on that list twice.  I wonder why Brennan's auditioning again, if she is.  I thought she said she was done last year, especially after getting so far and getting cut.  There's a few on that list that I recognize from last year.  I wonder who's going to make it to camp this year and who of the vets that are going to get cut.  Isn't Angela Huang the doctor that keeps trying out every year, but isn't in it to actually make the team?

Is Mary Kate the former  DSIG?

18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

An insider has informed me Kalyssa has left the squad for modeling because being a DCC has gotten in the way of her model career. They are dropping like flies. Going to be interesting at  finals  with the vets. Three months until tryouts start. I can only imagine what Kelli and Judy are thinking.

WHAT???? I hope the best for her. She was my fave rookie. :(

15 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Mary Kate (@mkdomino) is on that list twice.  I wonder why Brennan's auditioning again, if she is.  I thought she said she was done last year, especially after getting so far and getting cut.  There's a few on that list that I recognize from last year.  I wonder who's going to make it to camp this year and who of the vets that are going to get cut.  Isn't Angela Huang the doctor that keeps trying out every year, but isn't in it to actually make the team?

Brennan trying out again after what she went through last time just makes me shake my head after what she went through. Either she is tenacious or a glutton for punishment. As for Dr. Chiufang Hwang, her shtick is getting old. Rather than inspiring others, now people point and laugh because she cannot dance and does not have the look....sorry.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunshineSally said:
10 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

As for Dr. Huang, her shtick is getting old. Rather than inspiring others, now people point and laugh because she cannot dance and does not have the look....sorry.

Wrong person

Wrong name, right person :)

• Love 1
On 2/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, dccfan37 said:

Hi friends! List maker of the greats here! Here’s an updated social media of prospective and confirmed girls trying out 

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Bree @breejackai

Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Shannon Elkins @shannonrachele

I would personally LOVE to see Taryn on the squad.  For the person who was the "lowest scoring" rookie in Training Camp to make it all the way to the end and be the last cut, she did a damn good job the entire time (from what was shown on the show and from what I remember).  Sadly, I don't think she'd re-audition unless she had a guaranteed spot on the team in writing and legally enforceable.  After all, she didn't make it last year even as the last cut and with five vets cut from the squad as well as some arguably weaker girls than she was (Christina and Savannah) making the squad and several rookies as well as a vet leaving before their contracts were up.

• Love 6
On 2/6/2018 at 10:59 PM, tinabee1967 said:

Who names their kid Kortni and spells it that way? That's just wrong. Oh..yeah. If Kim Zolciak gets knocked up again....

Last night at church one of the 30 somethings was named Meghan.  I asked her if that was how she spelled it and she said no it was Maegan and her mom was furious when she was born since Dad had filled in the birth certificate that way.  He insisted her name was not MEH gan but MA gan.  

• Love 1

I would like to see all the re-auditioning vets make it back onto the team!

I can agree that not everyone is a 'rock star' but i think that's ok.  

Imagine an entire team of people believing they deserve to be group leader, in the triangle, etc.  It just would never work ?‍♂️.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Last night at church one of the 30 somethings was named Meghan.  I asked her if that was how she spelled it and she said no it was Maegan and her mom was furious when she was born since Dad had filled in the birth certificate that way.  He insisted her name was not MEH gan but MA gan.  

To be fair, I get that. We have a Megan in our family and it irritates my aunt to no end when people pronounce it MEH gan. So her dad is actually correct. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I wouldn’t call it sloppy. I would call it Stephanie’s choreo. That’s just how she is! 

I'm familiar with Stephanie's choreo, and actually don't have a problem with it. I just think Taryn's performing it poorly.

1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I can't seem to like Lindsey's dancing, it's just not that great

I assume she was cut by the Spurs last year.  I know she auditioned for the AA Ice Angels and didn't make it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I assume she was cut by the Spurs last year.  I know she auditioned for the AA Ice Angels and didn't make it.

yeah, she was cut :(  she had a post about how excited she was to go into finals or whatever and start a new season then she didn't make it back.  I feel bad.  I thought it was for weight gain tho...(which she seems to have trimmed down).  Her dancing is ok to me it's her facials i don't like, just seem harsh.  she is pretty in her pics when she's smiling tho so i dunno. 

I know a lot of people don't like Victoria but i give that girl a lot of credit for showing up every dang day.  She knows she needs work and I like seeing her show up and do her best every time.  i don't know if i think she's squad ready but i'd like to see her at least get to TC - i think she'd grow a lot. 

• Love 2

Any confirmation if Brianna is coming back to re audition? I would like to see her come back after she matures a bit more. Then again, as pretty as she is, there are plenty of other opportunities out there for her to pursue.

Taryn was robbed last year. She was much much better than both Christina (who always looks tired) and Savanah (who is still making mistakes and has no power). Christina especially but honestly both of them made excused while Taryn was the first girl who went in there and told them exactly what she was doing to improve and Judy told her it shows. Well, if they stopped drooling over girls like Kalyssa (it was dead obvious that she was in it for herself and would quit as soon as she got what she wanted) or "disney princesses" and "comeback girls" AND stopped cutting vets for absolutely no reason, they would have a much better squad. 

And on that note, Victoria is definitely in. She is awful but pretty in their eyes and a legacy. Watch as they cut someone who didn't do anything wrong to get a spot for her.

• Love 6

I admit in the one video of Taryn dancing she did look better than some of the rookies from this past season and a few two year vets. I am not surprise about Kalyssa. I also roll my eyes when one of the girls say I wanted to be a DCC since I was a little girl or since I was a baby. And my favorite of all times, my dance career is on the line. I understand some girls who were on other professional NFL cheerleader squads may have to quit after a certain number of years, but the girl can still go out on and have a dance career even if she does not make the DCC squad.

12 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And on that note, Victoria is definitely in. She is awful but pretty in their eyes and a legacy. Watch as they cut someone who didn't do anything wrong to get a spot for her.

I would have thought so too, but now I'm not sure. She's just not in DCC shape, and if there's one thing that will cut a legacy, it is that. 

On another note, on the auditions website there's a list of things you get to do/benefit from as a DCC. One of them is: 

"Receive extensive training in dance and vocal techniques"

Do they actually teach them to sing as well?? Are we talking just for the "Santa Baby" video they put out at Christmas? 

19 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Last night prep class

Apologies for thread interruptus but I need to get this off my chest. 

Why is there a chunk of a column in the middle of the dance studio?  It would make me stark raving nuts trying not to run into it let alone getting stuck dancing behind it.  I've taken class in studios that have poles for support.  I didn't care for those either but this fat as blazes chunky column makes me batshit crazy.  

End vent, feel free to send therapy bill

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

I would have thought so too, but now I'm not sure. She's just not in DCC shape, and if there's one thing that will cut a legacy, it is that.

My initial reaction to this was "what are you talking about????" Of all the criticisms I've seen of her here, weight didn't seem to be one of them. She's always looked very slim to me. Then I watched the video below and thought "oh dear." She's been working so hard on her dancing. She's always seem so focused on the DCC goal. This is a terrible time to start going soft. Literally.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Apologies for thread interruptus but I need to get this off my chest. 

Why is there a chunk of a column in the middle of the dance studio?  It would make me stark raving nuts trying not to run into it let alone getting stuck dancing behind it.  I've taken class in studios that have poles for support.  I didn't care for those either but this fat as blazes chunky column makes me batshit crazy.  

End vent, feel free to send therapy bill

Anyone that watches HGTV knows you don't have to have that post if you spend a few dollars more and put a beam in the ceiling.  Being at the Star i would expect better.

• Love 3

I know. I'm counting daughter and daughter-in-law as the same in terms of being a 2nd generation DCC. That is why I said I'm "still" counting her, given that Olivia is no longer married to Kitty's son.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1