Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, luvboo said:

Missing from DCC website anyone notice Alexandra and Milan appear to be missing along with kylyssa I read Jenna isn't trying out this year 

They all left the squad so their bios were removed.

I REALLY hope that the blonde girl in the yellow bra and black shorts is NOT auditioning for the DCC.  She's fluffy and she doesn't have the "look" as in from the neck up.  I can't tell how good overall she is with the dancing, but, from what I did see, she isn't that good so I hope this was just a chance to hang with the DCC and not because she's actually considering it.

1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

So far just Jenna. No one else has announced anything. Kalyssa recently left the team, and of course Alexandria and Milan 

Wait the Kalyssa thing is confirmed ? 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Last night prep class

Yuko is so pretty. She really stands out to me as being incredibly beautiful.

And for some reason I find it really endearing that she isn't all over social media. Like it's really cool and refreshing. I don't know, I just love her.

Edited by bunny
more Yuko love
  • Love 6

I’d put money on Kelsey not returning next year either, though I’d hoped she would. There’s been mention on her and Brodie’s channel of them taking a big trip this summer (which would get in the way of TC) and she hasn’t been in classes at all. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I’d put money on Kelsey not returning next year either, though I’d hoped she would. There’s been mention on her and Brodie’s channel of them taking a big trip this summer (which would get in the way of TC) and she hasn’t been in classes at all. 

Damn.  I hope this isn't the case. I also like Kelsey.  She had the best attitude taking all those ridiculous chewy bacon comments in stride.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

They are going on a vacation in April.  DCC auditions aren't until May.  Plus there are a few weeks between finals and TC.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

They are going on a vacation in April.  DCC auditions aren't until May.  

That’s reassuring, could have sworn she said summer, but hell that is summer in Texas, lol. Still hope to see her in some classes though. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don’t know though, would you plan a big trip during audition season? I guess it just depends on how well prepared you feel. I hope Kelsey comes back. I love her!

Last year between finals and TC she went to Vegas and to Cabo San Lucas an got home just in time for TC.  Seems to work for her.  

15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I wonder if she doesn't return if it's because their youtube channel takes a lot of time. I feel like her being a DCC helps their channel though.

I miss the unpopular opinions thread because ... I am really not a fan of how Kelli dances. She always seems so stiff to me and that she's overthinking every move. She doesn't strike me as being a natural dancer with fluidity to her movements.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

More from prep classes.

Hannah-Grace Abrigg

Christina Ostovich

I am really having to work hard right now to stop myself from posting cringe gifs. I can’t help but wonder if these two actually plan on auditioning or if they’re attending class just for fun. The second one’s weird mouth movements were so distracting I could hardly even watch her dancing.

• Love 6

This Friday’s prep class is a Q&A with Kelli about the audition process... I don’t know about you guys but I’d be freaking out ? obviously you want to look your absolute best and get as much info as you can. But at the same time you have to really show up since this may be her first impression of you. I think it’s great they’re doing this but I feel like there’s a lot of pressure when Kelli is going to be there talking to you directly lol. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Txmomof2 said:

I don't know if its the song, the choreo or the lack of facials but the video from Danielles class is just missing something. There's no umpf to it 

I agree. It's very "5 and 6 and 7 and 8"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

More from prep classes.

Hannah-Grace Abrigg

Christina Ostovich

1. Oh. dear.

2. I absolutely hate SDW's choreography.  It's a mixture of a seizure and hip pops.

3. The talent pool is seriously lacking in talent this year.

4. Maybe it's a good thing only Jenna is retiring so far?

1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

We haven't seen anyone amazing yet. Kali Mikelson looks like she has potential if she ups her power. But everyone is all a little meh. 

She has a wee bit of potential, I agree but she needs to work on her body.   She's built like Kandi Harris and I don't think Kandi would make the squad these days.

• Love 4

Every time I see a photo of Cristi, I wonder what the deal is with her. Does she really have a chance, or is she one of those who will never be chosen for DCC no matter how hard she tries. She has an amazing body, but sometimes she does not photograph well.  Then again, taste is individual. I'm sure there are some thinking "what are you talking about? She is gorgeous."

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tinabee1967 said:

In some photos, she looks great, in others she has a funny fish mouth

Hannah Grace is all over the place with her dancing. Christina is MUCH better. 

I could do without the background hooting and hollering. It is unnecessary. 

Edited by tinabee1967
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Every time I see a photo of Cristi, I wonder what the deal is with her. Does she really have a chance, or is she one of those who will never be chosen for DCC no matter how hard she tries. She has an amazing body, but sometimes she does not photograph well.  Then again, taste is individual. I'm sure there are some thinking "what are you talking about? She is gorgeous."

I love Cristi. She is so hard working and seems like such a positive, upbeat person.  I have a feeling her 'look' is what keeps her out.  I think she is absolutely gorgeous but sometimes she looks harsh when she photographs. I wish they'd give her a shot in camp tho. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I love Cristi. She is so hard working and seems like such a positive, upbeat person.  I have a feeling her 'look' is what keeps her out.  I think she is absolutely gorgeous but sometimes she looks harsh when she photographs. I wish they'd give her a shot in camp tho. 

Oh please. If Sarah Gourley's face didn't stop her from being a DCC, then Cristi's shouldn't.

She does look a bit harsh in pics, but there's no way that's the only reason (if it is one at all). Maybe she just always gets outperformed by just one girl.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Oh please. If Sarah Gourley's face didn't stop her from being a DCC, then Cristi's shouldn't.

She does look a bit harsh in pics, but there's no way that's the only reason (if it is one at all). Maybe she just always gets outperformed by just one girl.

some people were pre-HD days... 

She may be getting outperformed, honestly couldn't say i've been able to compare her.  She seems fine to me in the clips she posts on IG tho in classes. 

• Love 2

I remember a couple of years ago this girl auditioned for DCC and  Kelli commented on the show something about this girls mouth not looking good on the big screen.  I don't believe she ever auditioned again for DCC.  Why Kelli says things like that on the show I will never understand.  She could say them in private.  I don't feel Cristi can do anything about her mouth.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

2. I absolutely hate SDW's choreography.  It's a mixture of a seizure and hip pops.

I just can't get into SDW's choreo, Its ALL looks the same. I think she's probably got tons of talent, but I wish she would just slow it down a little bit so the dancers can complete the moves. It is like she is trying to fit too much into it.... chill girl.

• Love 5