Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

(Off topic) She does Love So Soft choreo for the DCC that I don’t think is that bad at all. I wonder if people save their better routines for actual teams.

#LongLiveJenna ??

To keep this more on topic, Victoria has the look, Power, and (it looks like) flexibility to be a DCC. I just don’t enjoy watching her dance for some reason & can’t quite put my finger on it yet. No doubt Judy will have the perfect word for it. 

Jenna is working it as hard as she can, but that choreo is DEAD BORING. Looks like same ole Judy counts strung together. 

I get JennK or whoever teaching the generic pro moves in prep classes. That's the whole point. But some of the Nicey and Stephanie Wheat choreo is about the only thing newish we ever see. Even Michelle Keys gets repetitive at times.

To keep it on track, glad that it looks like Stephanie is coming back. I hate that she gets tossed in so much here as not a standout, bc she isn't super technical, but damn she's good.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

If Amy keeps that upper lip thing in check, i’d loooove to she her back. She’s cute. 

I want to like her more than I do. She’s talented and the shorter hair is refreshing, but I just don’t think she’s cute. She’s just a lot of blond hair and pep. 

Then again everyone seems to think Mollie is stunning, and I just don’t see that either. At all. 

• Love 1

Holly was not a bad dancer. In my opinion, she was one of the better dancers on the team. Stephanie is a blender, and I still cannot see why she and Tasha and Selina were kept this year especially since Allie was shown to the door at finals. I thought Allie was a better dancer than Stephanie, Tasha and Selina.

2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Stephanie is the new Holly ....starving for attention and bad dancer overall.  Been on wt watch more times then we probably know .

Holly, bad dancer? Holly P??

• Love 1

That’s yet another video where Victoria fails to present her DCC case well. She’s just a terrible pom style dancer.  

That said, I watched a video on her Instagram of maybe a more lyrical style (not sure if that’s the right type) but she was 100% gorgeous in it. She just absolutely sucks at the pom style. It’s almost as if she lacks the rythym. And she’s been at almost every Michelle Keys class in the last year. If she can’t dance the style now, I shudder to think how many classes it may take. 

• Love 2

The dance class videos that are posted on Instagram (for instance Michelle Keys) are these actually instructional videos or just groups exercise things?  Do the girls get corrections or do they just dance with the other girls and video themselves?

23 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

The dance class videos that are posted on Instagram (for instance Michelle Keys) are these actually instructional videos or just groups exercise things?  Do the girls get corrections or do they just dance with the other girls and video themselves?

Just group dances. They learn the dance as a group and then perform it in small groups and take videos to share

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Michelle keys, etc. at Kitty Carters are just group dance. JennK and actual DCC prep classes at the Star (sometimes Michelle Keys) give some feedback, plus interview tips, etc. Viv and Kali's classes at Powerhouse gave some tips. Don't know about Sarah Gourley stuff. 

20 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Stephanie is the new Holly ....starving for attention and bad dancer overall.  Been on wt watch more times then we probably know .

Which Holly? If you're referring to Holly P I'd have to respectfully disagree in many ways. 

• Love 3

Brittany Overstreet is still my #1 to make it this year (as in, who I want to see on the squad or at least TC) but Julia Fife is my #2.  I think she is just gorgeous and I'm hoping a year on the Mavs gave her some more experience and she'll come back in kill it.  

Forget the hair. The Cheeto tans are blinding. ? I am glad they are not wearing those almost two piece outfits with that strip of fabric in the middle. They were hideous, like Star Trek costume rejects.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Brittany Overstreet is still my #1 to make it this year (as in, who I want to see on the squad or at least TC) but Julia Fife is my #2.  I think she is just gorgeous and I'm hoping a year on the Mavs gave her some more experience and she'll come back in kill it.  

do you have a picture of brittany? can't seem to put a face to a name. thanks!

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Super cute ladies overall (especially Brittany? on the left)  but omg haircuts, please! Or maybe just the extensions need to come out. Bananas. 

I think that vet Ashely on the left.

12 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

do you have a picture of brittany? can't seem to put a face to a name. thanks!

I follow Brittney so not sure if her IG is public or private, link may not work but I will try below!  She actually is not on Mavs, she's with Allen Americans Ice Angels and used to be a Charger girl. She and Taryn are roommates or were! 

11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think that vet Ashely on the left.

Yes, sorry! I wasn't very clear about what team Brittney was on.  Ashley Hopkins is on the left, Julia's roommate. 

And agree, tans are so bad LOL but I think it was overdone for performance. 

38 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I just think Brittany is so pretty!!! They at least need to bring her into TC to see what she can do 

right? I hope she is working on her flexibility - i really think if she can get her kicks up she'd have a chance! The poor girl didn't have a prayer this past year, stuck next to Holly for kicks LOL

giphy.gif

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

right? I hope she is working on her flexibility - i really think if she can get her kicks up she'd have a chance! The poor girl didn't have a prayer this past year, stuck next to Holly for kicks LOL

giphy.gif

Perfect kicks. Say what you want about Holly as a person, BUT DEM KICKS THO.

• Love 8

It's an impressive kick in a "look at me, I'm better than the rest" kind of way. I thought they were supposed to be uniform. The rest of them are almost exactly in sync. Take out Holly and it's a good looking kick line. But her kick is the highest, but I feel bad for her poor boob, getting crashed into like that. lol

5 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

It's an impressive kick in a "look at me, I'm better than the rest" kind of way. I thought they were supposed to be uniform. The rest of them are almost exactly in sync. Take out Holly and it's a good looking kick line. But her kick is the highest, but I feel bad for her poor boob, getting crashed into like that. lol

Why was she Not cut for weight ?  Looky at rhst roll and muffin !!!!!

19 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Why was she Not cut for weight ?  Looky at rhst roll and muffin !!!!!

Although I think Holly looked thick in the middle a lot of the time, in that kicks GIF I don’t think she does. Your skin and muscle has to go somewhere when you’re flexing that hip that much. 

Simone is the one that I’m covering my eyes looking at her kicks. Even Christina’s are better, and th girl beside Christina’s look the same as hers.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It's an impressive kick in a "look at me, I'm better than the rest" kind of way. I thought they were supposed to be uniform.

That was an audition. The point is to look like the best there is, not hold back your performance for the sake of blending in. You want the judges eyes to go right to you and go "wow." She killed it.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7
On 1/22/2018 at 0:36 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I thought you couldn't try out for DCC if you were a Mavs cause they would have to quit the Mavs before the year was up

3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i want her to quit the Mavs LOLLL 

Didn't a couple of girls quit mavs last year to try out for DCC and didn't make DCC?  Now they can't be a mavs.  That seems like the chance wouldn't be worth it to not be able to be on either team.

7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Didn't a couple of girls quit mavs last year to try out for DCC and didn't make DCC?  Now they can't be a mavs.  That seems like the chance wouldn't be worth it to not be able to be on either team.

Hunter, Raegan, Ashley, Melissa, and Emily. Raegan is on the AAIA. Hunter and Melissa auditioned for the MDC. Hunter made TC but quit and went back to Texas. Melissa didn't make it. Emily was a retired DMD and don't know if Ashley auditioned for any other teams.

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

It is, but it ought to be. Not only was she a DCC, but she WAS auditioning for HER spot back..not with the rest of the women she auditioned with. Just because they are in sync doesn't mean they're doing it the correct way. Even if it looks "good."

• Love 6

And that’s Holly’s left kick too! I’m jealous. No matter how hard I tried growing up, I could never get the same flexibility in my left leg as in my right.

I find Holly’s showboating as annoying as anyone, but that was tryouts. It’s each girl for herself. Nothing wrong with she or Lacey or anyone else kicking up to their noses IMO. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Your skin and muscle has to go somewhere when you’re flexing that hip that much. 

Skin and muscle folds in creases, those were actual rolls on Holly.

50 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Skin and muscle folds in creases, those were actual rolls on Holly.

Nah she's just kicking harder, higher, straighter, no hunched back and shes all over curvier. If those are rolls then pass me the butter. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

And that’s Holly’s left kick too! I’m jealous. No matter how hard I tried growing up, I could never get the same flexibility in my left leg as in my right.

I find Holly’s showboating as annoying as anyone, but that was tryouts. It’s each girl for herself. Nothing wrong with she or Lacey or anyone else kicking up to their noses IMO. 

My left side was always less flexible and I have a ‘bad hip’ now. I know she’s really good, but I wonder if she’s left handed/left dominant?

16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

My left side was always less flexible and I have a ‘bad hip’ now. I know she’s really good, but I wonder if she’s left handed/left dominant?

I am right handed but I guess I am left-foot dominant. I always led with my left leg when doing cartwheels, roundoffs, etc. So my left leg has always been more flexible than my right

On 1/25/2018 at 10:31 AM, Roo22 said:

I am right handed but I guess I am left-foot dominant. I always led with my left leg when doing cartwheels, roundoffs, etc. So my left leg has always been more flexible than my right

I am also right handed but my left leg was always my higher kicking leg and was the first leg I learned splits.  Even now that I am old and not kicking or splitting anything, I can feel my flexibility be much greater in my left leg during exercise and stretching.    I had a high kick back in the day but my lord Holly's is perfection and she makes it look so effortless.  Puts a new meaning to kicking up to your nose!

• Love 2

Wonder why Victoria is the only one wearing a shirt last night in Kitty Carter's proprep class.  She maybe feels she needs to get into better shape.  I am surprised Kitty didn't make her take it off.   I haven't seen a prep class yet this year other than Kitty's last night where everyone was wearing a sports bra.  Makes me think Kitty told them all to take their shirts off and if Victoria didn't take hers off  it make me think she is already getting special treatment.

Edited by 5678Pixie
2 hours ago, PompanoQueen said:

I swear I saw Brianna at Michelle Keys prep class tonight. She was right up front by Lacey who was teaching. The video is on her IG someone check me! 

If you are referring to the girl in black leggings and a black sports bra, I don't think that was her. It didn't look like her when Michelle brought the camera up close to her

4 hours ago, PompanoQueen said:

I swear I saw Brianna at Michelle Keys prep class tonight. She was right up front by Lacey who was teaching. The video is on her IG someone check me! 

how was it???!?  did you see anyone to keep an eye out for at auditions (or are you auditioning)??

• Love 1
14 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Wonder why Victoria is the only one wearing a shirt last night in Kitty Carter's proprep class.  She maybe feels she needs to get into better shape.  I am surprised Kitty didn't make her take it off.   I haven't seen a prep class yet this year other than Kitty's last night where everyone was wearing a sports bra.  Makes me think Kitty told them all to take their shirts off and if Victoria didn't take hers off  it make me think she is already getting special treatment.

She does look like she’s thicker in the middle these days, but I think it’s a reach that Kitty would demand that everyone to take off their shirts, except for one Special Snowflake.

• Love 1
(edited)

Vids from Michelle's class last night.

Based on some of her other posts about a recent move to Texas and chasing her dreams, it looks like Marila plans to audition for DCC or maybe DCRB this year. She did DCC prep class last year too.
Edited by sleepyjean