Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I could not stand Brianna, so I hope she does not come back to audition again. She only made it into TC because Kelli liked her so much. Three vets were cut, and this girl made it into TC. Something is totally wrong with the whole picture.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I could not stand Brianna, so I hope she does not come back to audition again. She only made it into TC because Kelli liked her so much. Three vets were cut, and this girl made it into TC. Something is totally wrong with the whole picture.

I never figured out her appeal to Kelli. She just looked awkward and out of place. I can do without her trying out again. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Ms. SW said:

I never figured out her appeal to Kelli. She just looked awkward and out of place. I can do without her trying out again. 

She looks like Kendall Jenner.

Edited by UnicornKicks
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

She looks like Kendall Jenner.

UGH!!! Why would you want a girl on the squad who looks like Kendall Jenner. Talk about klassy with a capital K. I thought the DCCs were suppose to be All American Girls. Kendall Jenner and the Kartrashian clan are certainly not All American Girls.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! Why would you want a girl on the squad who looks like Kendall Jenner. Talk about klassy with a capital K. I thought the DCCs were suppose to be All American Girls. Kendall Jenner and the Kartrashian clan are certainly not All American Girls.

Trash aside, Kendall is gorgeous and legit one of the world's top models. The rest are just ordinary pretty caked in makeup and surgery. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Trash aside, Kendall is gorgeous and legit one of the world's top models. The rest are just ordinary pretty caked in makeup and surgery. 

True, but I do not understand why Kelli and Charlotte gets excited over girls who reminds them of certain actresses, movie stars, or a model aka Meagan F. reminded Charlotte of Julia Roberts so she must go into TC, Rachel Buckmaster reminds Kelli of Laura Dern so she must go into TC, and now Brianna reminds her of Kendall Jenner so she must go into TC. Talk about silly reasons to bring a girl into TC especially when the girl cannot dance worth a darn.

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Brianna is Abigail Klein level gorgeous to me. 

Brianna is definitely a natural beauty.  But Abigail Klein will always be one of my all time favs if not my top as far as being the entire DCC package.

Brianna5.jpg

abigail.jpg

• Love 4
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

She is the prettiest of the all the sisters. Kourtney's ok but Kim, Khloe, and Kylie are all plastic faces IMO.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms. SW said:

I always got the vibe that she wasn't there to be a DCC, but for the exposure (to be on tv & possibly "discovered"). No concrete reasons for that feeling, just the impression I got from her.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ms. SW said:

Agree.  I just don't see her getting the DCC style.  I don't think it's in her wheelhouse.

30 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She is the prettiest of the all the sisters. Kourtney's ok but Kim, Khloe, and Kylie are all plastic faces IMO.

Not to venture too far off but Kim used to be very pretty. Not refined, delicate, supermodel pretty like Kendall, but very pretty. 

Anyway...yeah Brianna can dance lyrical, just not great for DCC. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

I always got the vibe that she wasn't there to be a DCC, but for the exposure (to be on tv & possibly "discovered"). No concrete reasons for that feeling, just the impression I got from her.

Nah, she was there to learn how to make barbecued chicken :)

10 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Maybe Brianna is trying out again this year... In the comments of this photo, she tells Shelly she will be taking a DCC prep class this spring.

As she's wearing an Eagles hat?  Boss lady Charlotte isn't going to like that!  LOL that would be even worse than those nudie pictures they warn against!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Not to venture too far off but Kim used to be very pretty. Not refined, delicate, supermodel pretty like Kendall, but very pretty. 

Anyway...yeah Brianna can dance lyrical, just not great for DCC. 

"Used to" is right.  She messed up her face with all the plastic surgery.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

That dress has got to cause problems with the "DCC Standards" police. We haven't seen they pull out "no-no" photos from a TCC's social media in a while, but this is one that could come back to bite her if they bring that segment back.

Looks like her and Khalyn went shopping together!

khalyn front.jpg

khalyn back.jpg

14 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

Oh, hush! Lol, NO ONE is Abigail Klein level gorgeous...she is just on a whole other level in this world...I'd say Kelsey is a few levels beneath Abigail...

Watching Abigail’s rookie season (was it Season 1 or 2?), she is so pretty it almost hurts to look at her. She is straight up gorgeous. I wish those earlier seasons were in HD, I feel like over all the squads had prettier girls back then but it’s harder to tell with the quality of the video compared to from Season 6 and on when they were shot in HD. 

2 hours ago, Tootie said:

Looks like her and Khalyn went shopping together!

khalyn front.jpg

khalyn back.jpg

she looks SO GORGEOUS.....honestly I don't find this trashy at all, it's certainly sexy but nothing trashy about it.  I think the problem with the other dress (if we're referring to the silver one Jenna was wearing in her pic with Cersten?) was that it looked out of place for what the event appeared to be (also, I found it to just be very unflattering, which is difficult to achieve on a girl as pretty as Jenna is, but I digress).  A red carpet event you are attending with friends who are also in gowns merits a dress like this, and she's rocking the hell out of it.

• Love 4
On 1/18/2018 at 9:51 PM, go4luca said:

brianna.jpg

Yes, she's gorgeous, but I was comparing it to Briana's dress...  similar necklines.  Bri's is obviously more daring, but none-the-less, they are similar.

33 minutes ago, raindancer said:

she looks SO GORGEOUS.....honestly I don't find this trashy at all, it's certainly sexy but nothing trashy about it.  I think the problem with the other dress (if we're referring to the silver one Jenna was wearing in her pic with Cersten?) was that it looked out of place for what the event appeared to be (also, I found it to just be very unflattering, which is difficult to achieve on a girl as pretty as Jenna is, but I digress).  A red carpet event you are attending with friends who are also in gowns merits a dress like this, and she's rocking the hell out of it.

20 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

That dress has got to cause problems with the "DCC Standards" police. We haven't seen they pull out "no-no" photos from a TCC's social media in a while, but this is one that could come back to bite her if they bring that segment back.

Edited by Tootie
23 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Yes, she's gorgeous, but I was comparing it to Briana's dress...  similar necklines.  Bri's is obviously more daring, but none-the-less, they are similar.

Similar in idea, but Brianna's is definitely much more risque. Maybe it's just the pic, but hers looks like it just barely covers her nipples. Honestly, it looks like she is wearing a vest and forgot to put a blouse underneath. Khalyn doesn't look like she's about to fall out of hers.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Tootie said:

3 hours ago, raindancer said:

I see what you mean....I don't care for the neckline of the dress as it stands (although i do see where there is sheer netting to prevent things from slipping out, so at least no worries that way), but I'd actually want to see more of the dress before forming a real opinion about it.  Either way I love Briana and if she can get the style and power down I'd love to see her come back, whether this year or another.  Am also really hoping that Kalyssa will be back even if she's rocking the modeling out in LA - Tasha models too and is able to keep things going with DCC, so I'm keeping my hopes up.  I really liked her this season and I'd love to see her stay.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mmm said:

Two NY Knicks dancers who were being interviewed by a sport website and mentioned the experience thing.

I'm pretty sure it's experience as in formal classes...again, since they allow 18 year olds to audition, I seriously doubt they expect them to have been professional dancers for 7 years.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:31 AM, LMarchBand said:

Oh, hush! Lol, NO ONE is Abigail Klein level gorgeous...she is just on a whole other level in this world...I'd say Kelsey is a few levels beneath Abigail...

Cosign.

This girl has auditioned a few times. She's one of those deputy darling dancers. This is her in Jenn's class.

I don't think the DDs have much of a track record at DCC auditions, which is interesting since the group is run by a former DCC. Even the Texas Star Dancers got more girls into training camp, and those girls hardly ever performed anywhere.

11 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Cosign.

This girl has auditioned a few times. She's one of those deputy darling dancers. This is her in Jenn's class.

She was also a Dallas Sidekicks Dancer

6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't think the DDs have much of a track record at DCC auditions, which is interesting since the group is run by a former DCC. Even the Texas Star Dancers got more girls into training camp, and those girls hardly ever performed anywhere.

Selina and Khalyn were both MDDs after getting cut from DCC training  camp. They came back the next year  and made the squad.

26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, her dancing is not great and her behind and thighs are not what is considered the DCC shape. If she does try out she may not make it to finals or TC.

That face is a nope. Hate to say it but she even makes Gina, Sara G, Ally, Julie Jacobs, etc. look like Miss America. If BRENNAN didn't have a DCC face, this girl has no hope.

• Love 5

I'd say that this Macy girl doesn't have the face, the body or the dancing to make the squad, much less Training Camp.  If she was drop-dead gorgeous, but her dancing was at the level in the video, they MIGHT take her into Finals (though not Training Camp).  If she had mad talent, but not the face/body, again Finals, but not Training Camp.  Looking, and dancing, like she does, she doesn't have a chance.  She'd need to lean out and ramp up her skills before they'd even take a second look at her.

I'm wondering if Minerva Benitez will be auditioning for DCC this year.  She's not looking her best in terms of both figure and dance if she is and she would need to ramp up training in both areas if she wants to make it to Training Camp.

Edited by EricaShadows
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'd say that this Macy girl doesn't have the face, the body or the dancing to make the squad, much less Training Camp.  If she was drop-dead gorgeous, but her dancing was at the level in the video, they MIGHT take her into Finals (though not Training Camp).  If she had mad talent, but not the face/body, again Finals, but not Training Camp.  Looking, and dancing, like she does, she doesn't have a chance.  She'd need to lean out and ramp up her skills before they'd even take a second look at her.

She doesn't have the DCC look or as Kelli would say, not an HD face.

Another from Jenn's class. The video belongs to the girl in black, but it's interesting to see Madi Allemier (Dallas Stars) and Briana Baisden (Tennessee Titans) who were both DCC finalists last year.

I don't have anything good to say about Jenn's dance. I guess it's good that she's teaching the DCC style, but it doesn't say much about her creative ability as a choreographer.

Just now, UnicornKicks said:

OH GOD I'M AWFUL. I thought that was Yuko and that she needs to lay off the hamburgers and fries, but her dancing looks better!

I really need a personal memo to myself to stop imbibing liquids while reading posts here.  I think I just snorted vitaminwater up my nose. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I really need a personal memo to myself to stop imbibing liquids while reading posts here.  I think I just snorted vitaminwater up my nose. 

Sorry! This girl is pretty, not too bad a dancer and NOT FAT, but stockier than Yuko. Kinda has that Viv body, so best of luck to her if she wants to be a DCC.

Yuko is still a hot mess dancer.

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Cosign.

There is no chance in hell Charlotte will let her on the field. 

She looks more like a Mavs type dancer anyway. 

• Love 1

Regarding  Victoria and Dayton, both are great dancers. Dayton needs pop, personality, and she still looks a bit soft. Victoria needs to control her movements and make each motion pop/stand out in precision. Right now, everything blurs together when she dances. Dayton and Victoria are beautiful girls and if they continue to take prep classes and tighten up their figures, I think they'll make TC and possibly the team.  They are not TC ready at this time. 

13 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

There is no chance in hell Charlotte will let her on the field. 

She looks more like a Mavs type dancer anyway. 

Maybe she should audition for the Texas Legends Dancers. Those girls usually get on the Mavs or DS Ice Girls.

The girl in the one video........not facially gifted, a little bigger butt and legs than DCCs and not really a great dancer.  If they didn't take the girl from LSU last year they certainly won't take her on looks alone.

I'm hoping Yuko does not come back.  After 2 years, she still isn't up to par with the others.  Dayton is soft and not really ready for training camp.  You would think with her inside information she would be HD ready rocking body.  And Cassie was much more DCC figure and dance than Dayton or Victoria.  

It will be interesting to see who auditions from the rookies because so many were struggling and should thank Erica and Holly for giving them a chance.  Savannah certainly comes to mind. Speaking of Erica, her instagram looks like she is still DCC.  Time to move on. 

I hope Kashara, Lacey, Kelli, and Robin come back.  They are fun to watch.  Hopefully Certain gets in to med school and moves on.  I like Jinelle but believe she should go start her life along with Tasha.  

I will not be missing Jenna............

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I just can't with this choreography.  Makes me wish I could dust off my dancing choreography shoes and get back in the game.  Maybe I'm just too used to L.A. choreo.

I just think Sarah has bad choreo in general. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I just can't with this choreography.  Makes me wish I could dust off my dancing choreography shoes and get back in the game.  Maybe I'm just too used to L.A. choreo.

Seeing Victoria in so many vids trying to do dcc style...makes me question her overall dancing ability. She makes Yuko look good.

3 hours ago, go4luca said:

2 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

I just think Sarah has bad choreo in general. 

(Off topic) She does Love So Soft choreo for the DCC that I don’t think is that bad at all. I wonder if people save their better routines for actual teams.

#LongLiveJenna ??

To keep this more on topic, Victoria has the look, Power, and (it looks like) flexibility to be a DCC. I just don’t enjoy watching her dance for some reason & can’t quite put my finger on it yet. No doubt Judy will have the perfect word for it. 

9 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

(Off topic) She does Love So Soft choreo for the DCC that I don’t think is that bad at all. I wonder if people save their better routines for actual teams.

#LongLiveJenna ??

To keep this more on topic, Victoria has the look, Power, and (it looks like) flexibility to be a DCC. I just don’t enjoy watching her dance for some reason & can’t quite put my finger on it yet. No doubt Judy will have the perfect word for it. 

I stand corrected. I do not hate that choreo. ??

Also, the word for me regarding Victoria's dancing is immature. She's still young so I feel like she dances like she "thinks" a woman should. She doesn't know when to be subtle vs when to be powerful. So it reads as confusing to the audience-well at least me.

Edited by dccfan321
  • Love 3