Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Motion to ban Carmen, Swan Lake, and Moulin Rouge. Find something else you guys!

The vocal to Daleman’s Carmen was soooo corny and lounge-lizardy. She’d be better off with a pure instrumental.

Poor Mirai. When talking to Andrea Joyce she sounds like she’s given up. Yeah it would take a great skate and a lot of mistakes by others, but jeez, kiddo, just wait until it’s over to say it’s over.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bama said:

Yeah - Daleman's score is the only head scratcher so far.

Are there some shenanigans going on with that??

Didn't they say she was world bronze medalist? If so, there's your shenanigans. 

• Love 1

Daleman over Choi? Mmmmm......

Marai has a good attitude. I like that she didn't try to sugarcoat her rough performance yet stayed positive at the same time. Hopefully she can pull a Nathan Chen in the free.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The vocal to Daleman’s Carmen was soooo corny and lounge-lizardy. She’d be better off with a pure instrumental.

Poor Mirai. When talking to Andrea Joyce she sounds like she’s given up. Yeah it would take a great skate and a lot of mistakes by others, but jeez, kiddo, just wait until it’s over to say it’s over.

I don't see Mirai sounding like that at all.  But anyone could sound like they've given up when talking to Andrea.  I think she's just irritated with herself for overshooting the jump and doesn't want to repeat the mistake on Thursday.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Matryoshka said:

Whenever I hear Carmen, the first thing I think of is the Gilligan’s Island episode where they do a musical of Hamlet using it. I’m old. And apparently not very cultured.

Are you kidding?  What do you think MY first introduction to Hamlet and Carmen was, long before I ever studied Hamlet in school?  And it's only thanks to "Kill Da Wabbit!" that I'm even remotely familiar with Wagnerian opera.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

Whenever I hear Carmen, the first thing I think of is the Gilligan’s Island episode where they do a musical of Hamlet using it. I’m old. And apparently not very cultured.

You know about Hamlet, Carmen, and Gilligan's Island; sounds pretty cultured!

Hee, just watching the bit about Yevgenia's love of Sailor Moon.  If she can skate to the theme of that, why not a Gilligan's Island remix?  

LEAGLEEAGLE53:  Are you kidding?  What do you think MY first introduction to Hamlet and Carmen was, long before I ever studied Hamlet in school?  And it's only thanks to "Kill Da Wabbit!" that I'm even remotely familiar with Wagnerian opera.

And Rabbit of Seville introduced us to the Italians!

Edited by elle
  • Love 7
Just now, LadyKenobi said:

Was that Carmen in French instead of Italian? Either way, that was Very obviously a non-classically trained singer attempting that, and very obviously horrid. 

Barbra Streisand is fingers on a blackboard. Nice skating but no WAY she and Ganby should be that high. WTF.

It should have been in French, since that's the opera's original language.

• Love 3

I decided I didn't hate Evegenia after I found out she did a Sailor Moon program, like with full costume and everything. I don't know anything about Sailor Moon but I can appreciate a girl who gets her geek on.

Anyway, she still seems VERY OVERLY DRAMATIC FOR NO REASON to me.

• Love 11

Evgenia's first spin was a little off center. 

Here we go with the lack of balanced programs due to backloading. 

They need to ban skaters using the hand over head move more than twice in their program. 

Sorry but Evgenia's landings on her jumps are not as smooth as I thought they'd be. The loop was very smooth, but the rest were a little rough IMO.

Descent skate but it didn't blow me away.

• Love 4

Did she two-foot the landing on the double axel?  It looked like something weird happened, but no yellow.

ETA: okay, no but Johnny thought the landing was a little weird as well so I feel better

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 1