Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

1 minute ago, AshleyN said:

Speaking of Russian Ice Dancers, does anyone know the story behind Ilinykh and Katsalapov splitting up? I remember watching them in Sochi and thinking that they were the future of the discipline, only for them to split just a couple of months later. I gather that they're both skating with different partners now, but with nowhere near the same success.

Given how controlling the Russian federation is supposed to be I'm surprised they would have let such a promising team throw it all away like that.

Apparently they both hated each other and he went so far as to split with her in a press conference before he even told her.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, COESpiral said:

Does no one have some bobby pins and hairspray to keep Maia's hair out of her face?  I mean, I like the braid, but the wisps look sloppy.

I said the same thing during the team event.  I thought she had heard me, since last night her hair was all slicked back and pinned, but tonight it's back to in her face.  I guess it's part of her "look" for tonight.

I’m a few skaters behind, but not liking Chock and Bates even aside from the fall. Their program doesn’t seem to flow effortlessly like the top couples.

4 minutes ago, COESpiral said:

Apparently they both hated each other and he went so far as to split with her in a press conference before he even told her.

Well it's more complicated. Nikita and Elena were dating. They went to Morozov and Morozov and Elena Illynikh were dating for awhile. That situation couldn't have been easy for Nikita. So after the Olympics Elena split with both Morozov and Nikita. I guess it was just too much drama, even for ice dancers.

• Love 7

I had to walk away during the Shibs (I have the irrational and paranoid belief that the teams/people I'm really invested in don't do well when I watch them live), but I'm thrilled that it went well!

• Love 14