Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Man, that song does NOTHING to quiet the rumors that Tessa and Scott have secret stashed away babies. People just watched that and said, "Oh yeah. They're banging."

Alina: You know, if she was 18, I'd think that cat suit with the nekkid looking illusion fabric down the leg and side of the booty was cool.....buuuuttttt. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Cindyluwho said:

Say what you will about Scott and Tessa, but they are absolutely fabulous skaters. That was beautiful!

Skating to The Tragically Hip to boot.  The only thing more Canadian would be Scott holding a beer while performing and they were wearing plaid. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Annnnd....that's the end of NBC skating for now at least. We saw Shibs, Osmond, and the North Korea pair.

i don't get it...is there actually a crossover audience that wants to watch both skating performances and people bobsledding, all chopped up? Idk, if you've seen one bobsled going down that chute, you've seen them all.

Why did NBC force this exhibition to start at 9:30 am and not air it live?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, HartofDixie said:

Do you think the NBCSN will show everyone or am I better off streaming the gala?

NBCSN has it scheduled for 2 hours so I don't think that's enough time to show everyone. I missed the first couple performances online since it seemed to start early and it's been going over 2 hours with a short ice refinishing break in between. The TV version might have some fluff stuff so I might FF'd through it. The ending with everyone even the little kids who picked stuff up off the ice was a nice way to end things.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Jaded said:

NBCSN has it scheduled for 2 hours so I don't think that's enough time to show everyone.

I just noticed it's been shortened down to an hour.  It's now on the schedule for 4-5 am (Eastern).  That's a bummer.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JenMD said:

I just noticed it's been shortened down to an hour. 

Argh, you're right! When I set it just a few hours ago, it was definitely 4-6 with nothing at 6-7. Now hockey is 5-7. What happened, was the gala not as good as NBC was expecting? Weird.

9 minutes ago, Moxie Cat said:

Argh, you're right! When I set it just a few hours ago, it was definitely 4-6 with nothing at 6-7. Now hockey is 5-7. What happened, was the gala not as good as NBC was expecting? Weird.

It was a low energy gala save for a few performances as others mentioned before. It might have been better if so many hadn't gotten sick resulting in withdrawing. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Bama said:

Why did she end with a candle on her tummy?

OK, so the non-flippant answer, provided courtesy of the commentary on the NBC chopped up gala broadcast, is that she was 'portraying the priestess of the goddess of fire'. So the candle is explained.
Not sure where being dressed as the Rum-Tum-Tugger comes into play, though.

• Love 10

Yeah, NBC gave us next to nothing. Shibs, Osmond, the North Koreans, and the three Gold Medalists (since Savchenko and Massot are not there). NBC didn't even show Medvedeva. Wow. Yesterday's news, I guess.  Watch the stream. Or maybe NBCSC, if they show it all. 

The stream also had more "intimate" camera angels.  Tessa and Scott got more close ups of the longing looks and you even saw Scott mouth what MAY have been "I love you," to Tessa before they started. But I'm not a good lip reader, so no guarantees on that one. Oh, and a slo mo of Scott basically feeling her up, thus my comment above about them not doing anything to squash any secret babies rumors. The performance that NBC just showed looked more innocuous. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, annzeepark914 said:

Will we get to see Cappellini/Lannotte? They always do a great gala performance. Alina's was unusual but she's amazing.

If they were going in order, nope. Hanyu was the last guy on the docket.

23 minutes ago, gatopretoNYC said:

This is one of my all-time favorite exhibition programs. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Such fun! I enjoyed hearing the commentators react and laugh.  Some things don't need translation.

• Love 1

I kind of love Medvedeva for skating in leather pants and a black hoodie. And this music seems like the equivalent of a pissed off Alanis Morisette.

Oh shut up Andrea, Virtue and Moir won the gold medal, they didn't run over and steal it out of the French's hands. Why is she here?

Isn't the gala supposed to be fun? Where is Javi?

Edited by sab85
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Yeah, NBC gave us next to nothing. Shibs, Osmond, the North Koreans, and the three Gold Medalists (since Savchenko and Massot are not there). NBC didn't even show Medvedeva. Wow. Yesterday's news, I guess.  Watch the stream. Or maybe NBCSC, if they show it all. 

The stream also had more "intimate" camera angels.  Tessa and Scott got more close ups of the longing looks and you even saw Scott mouth what MAY have been "I love you," to Tessa before they started. But I'm not a good lip reader, so no guarantees on that one. Oh, and a slo mo of Scott basically feeling her up, thus my comment above about them not doing anything to squash any secret babies rumors. The performance that NBC just showed looked more innocuous. 

I kind of think that Tessa and Scott might date after the games. I saw an interview a few days ago where they acted more coy about the question than they've ever been.

• Love 2

Why is Andrea Joyce announcing this gala?  They already have Scott and Tanith. 

When she is the one doing the rinkside interviews, it seems that Terry Gannon always says something like "Now we will send it down to Andrea Joyce, who just caught up with so-and-so."  It always gives me the mental picture of the skaters walking away as fast as they can in their skates, ducking behind curtains and such as Andrea pursues then, tottering on her high heels while clutching her microphone.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Libby96 said:

When she is the one doing the rinkside interviews, it seems that Terry Gannon always says something like "Now we will send it down to Andrea Joyce, who just caught up with so-and-so."  It always gives me the mental picture of the skaters walking away as fast as they can in their skates, ducking behind curtains and such as Andrea pursues then, tottering on her high heels while clutching her microphone.

It used to be only U.S. skaters who had to endure Andrea Joyce but this Olympics they sicced her on Med as well. Poor girl. No one deserves Andrea Joyce.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Libby96 said:

"Wait, wait!" Andrea cries. "I haven't gotten you to cry in front of the camera, yet! America NEEDS to know why you are such a fuckup and let down an entire nation (that never once cared about you before today)"

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Looks like NBC ran out of programming with the US laying an egg in the Bobsled medals. They're now filling in with ealier performances, so maybe Fernandez will make the cut. 

Or not.

The last skate was interesting, more what I expect to see at a gala.  Hopefully someone can post the other skaters we missed.

• Love 1