Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

2 minutes ago, specialj67 said:

Tanith seemed concerned that the Shibs got dinged again in the technical score for the required dance pattern.

Yeah, weren't all those early teams getting 4s?

Edited by MaKaM
  • Love 1

I loved the joy in the ShibSibs' routine. But it really looks to me like the judges are eyeballing them more closely than some other teams. Those yellows! Ugh, so frustrating! One of their elements actually went from green to yellow. They aren't the "chosen ones" for the judges, I guess.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 15

I don't know much about ice dancing, but I thought the Shibutanis were technically great, but I'm just not seeing the presentation skills.  Especially even compared to this next US couple.

Also, in ice dance isn't this supposed to look like a dancing couple?  Who dressed them?  It looks like they each randomly pulled something out of their closet.  There was seemingly no coordination between the outfits except for the sparkly.   I thought she looked fine but that puke colour brown looks especially awful with his skin colouring

• Love 1
Just now, BitterApple said:

I loved the two-second death glare from Madison when she saw the score then quickly plastered on the fake smile.

HAHAHAHAHA. I was going to say that that was the fakest of the fake smiles on Madison's face.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Shaynaa said:

Is she supposed to look like a peacock?  If not, yikes.  STill not as bad as that Canadian before.  Is there some rule that ice dance costumes have to look absolutely ridiculous?

I like the colors, but those flaps hanging front and back would have annoyed me.  I think.  Were I a world-class ice dancer. ?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Shades of Red said:

Carol doesn't like the scoring right now.  She's disagreeing on the score for Chock and Bates and thinks they should be lower.

Are there five teams left to skate?  Canadian, American, Italian, and of course the French team.  Who am I missing?

Carol is correct. Those twizzles should not have got the full levels, and the Rhumba was suspect too.

Edited by herbz
  • Love 1
Just now, Shades of Red said:

Carol doesn't like the scoring right now.  She's disagreeing on the score for Chock and Bates and thinks they should be lower.

Are there five teams left to skate?  Canadian, American, Italian, and of course the French team.  Who am I missing?

The Not!Russian team.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AshleyN said:

Did they get a good GOE? Because even to my (very) untrained eye they looked wonky and slow.

Mine too. I don't understand what the judges are looking at when even the casual viewers can see he flubbed.

• Love 3

Chock and Bates were overscored relative to the Shibs. This tech panel is doing my head in because they're probably about to decide the medals in the next 20 minutes and I've disagreed with too many calls. I'd think I was going mad if Tanith didn't say the same.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Enjoyed Chock and Bates but I prefer Shibs.

They seemed so much slower than Maia and Alex. ESPECIALLY the Twizzles, but who doesn't? 

I saw that technical score go down before the Shib's even left the ice. Their boxes were all turned to green, but the score went DOWN. I smell something stinky. 

• Love 13