Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Question: Did they mention Barry and Iris taking photos before the planned wedding? Because they have a wedding photo in their apartment, but I had been under the impression that they were doing the whole "groom shouldn't see the bride before the ceremony" thing and that Barry saw Iris in her dress for the first time when she walked down the aisle, meaning photos would have been done after. Which couldn't have happened. 

Is there any possibility that this is a different timeline? Like they got the pictures done before the wedding and then Barry did something leading to the Nazi invasion and thus his own messed up wedding? Or somehow he erased the timeline of the Nazi invasion which is why no one actually mentioned the whole Nazi thing at all? Or did they and I just missed it? I legit can't remember? Otherwise  I got nuthin' LOL

33 minutes ago, way2interested said:

It was The Thinker's old body that was slowly dying anyway, so in this case actually not a poor sucker.

I am still SO skeeved out that they had an old genius crazy white man literally take over the body of a beautiful young black male. It just...holy shit. How did that pass muster? I mean and it's being lauded as some kind of genius plot twist but it makes me SO uncomfortable. I hope the twist comes is that Dominic/Brainstorm is still in there and he turns out to be much smarter than DaVoe and defeats him from the inside out in some way. Cause otherwise, NO THANK YOU.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh Geeze. Bad enough of the reaction from media after last week, but now this? And the result is just not good. And it was so unnecessary. It's gotten too rough in here for me. I think I'll go over and just count  down the hours until Psych: The Movie premieres and continue to out-gif a fellow poster as we squee and jump with excitement until Shawn and Gus return to our screens.

So pumped for Psych:The Movie! I've heard on the net from a few people that went to screenings that's it awesome! Shawn/Gus is one of my all time favorite Bromances and maybe it's not overly as popular I loved Shawn/Juliet as a couple

• Love 3

It's time to move on from the "Iris is a bridezilla/Iris is justified" wedding talk.  You have all repeated yourselves many, many times and no one is going to change anyone's mind.  Several posts have been removed for rudeness and redundancy.  Continued rudeness may result in warnings or more.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Some couples do take photos before the ceremony.

At my sister's wedding we took the photos prior to the ceremony.   It was an indoor/ outdoor thing in a warm September.   You want at least some photographs that look decent. 

For me the winner of this crossover is Legends.  Arrow is the only show I watch faithfully, but I also watched The Flash and Legends. I quit Legends during the first season because I hated those hawk people so much.  Heard they left, came back, but once I heard Snart was leaving I was out again.  The Flash I quit last season because it was so dreary.  It's hard to root for Barry, as much as I like GG, when he acts the way he does.  

I really enjoyed the Legends characters on the crossover, but for the first time I enjoyed them all.  I wasn't watching just for Snart, or Sara, or Stein - everyone worked for me.  Last night I started catching up on this season and it was a welcome surprise.  I'll miss Stein (and forever miss Snart) - but I think there might be enough there for me to keep going.  We'll see.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

So we can fanwank Evil Barry was killed by Reverse Flash so the latter could take his position?

While that does sound appropriate for both Thawne and Nazis, they could have also gone the route saying Tom Cavanaugh was playing evil Nazi Barry using some variation of Thawne's tech to wear Wells' face just to mess with Barry.

• Love 1

Russell Tovey interview at NY Times; talks about the Freedom Fighters series, and working with Wentworth Miller, etc.

What can we expect from the animated series?

We meet the Ray and we meet him on Earth X, where we met him in the crossover episodes. [The animated series will also introduce the Ray’s parallel earth counterpart, Ray Terrill, a housing lawyer.] The Ray is dying and he transfers over to contact Terrill and give him his powers. You then see how Terrill becomes the Ray.

Will we see the Ray’s relationship with Cold?

You may see a relationship blossom is all I can say. You’re going to see a lot of Ray Terrill’s friendships and how, in a parallel world, they are different. The scripts are so well written, beautiful and moving. When I read the scripts, I was sobbing at one point. I was really, really touched by the story. This is a guy who is gay and what he’s going through and what becoming a superhero does to him.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

TVLINE | For those who consumed the “Crisis on Earth-X” crossover, what do you want to say about how this fits into that continuity, if at all? Overgirl, for one, is alive….
It’s a little messy, I’m not going to lie to you. [Former Arrowverse EP] Andrew Kreisberg and I were of differing minds about how tightly the animated series, which was written before the crossover, should tie in.

TVLINE | If anything, this is a prequel. Of sorts.
It definitely is a prequel, of sorts; it explains The Ray’s presence on Earth-X. I would say it’s a prequel that requires an additional story hopefully be told down the road, to clean up the continuity. I’ve been kicking around the idea of a comic book story that would fix the continuity inconsistencies. Who knows! Maybe that will happen.

TVLINE | Is there a Leo Snart in this world?
There isn’t, because we conceived of this before Leo was a twinkle in our eye. Maybe, if there’s a Season 2…? And Wentworth [Miller] is up for it? That would be great.

http://tvline.com/2017/12/07/ray-freedom-fighters-preview-gay-superhero-cw-seed/

Talk about mess. This was produced well before they wrote the crossover and yet they still decided to ignore their own writing. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Matt Mitovich interviews Marc Guggenheim about The Ray.

Arrow Boss Touts The Ray's Timeless Fight, Explains Crossover 'Continuity'

On a different subject, this Vanity Fair article is also interesting:

A Disastrous Justice League Sends Warner Bros. into a Panic

ETA: Oops, sorry, @Primal Slayer.  I was writing this while you posted. 

no worries!

I am surprised that Geoff Johns is getting any kind of blame since he wasn't that involved with Snyders work but he was actively involved with WW and it shows. Still think they should just hire the DCAU team to oversee the films, just adapt their episodes and you are pretty much golden.

• Love 1

Where the DCEU keeps falling apart, in my opinion, is they went too hard too fast. With the MCU and the Arrowverse, they started off small (guy builds a metal suit to fight terrorists and corrupt rich guys, guy kills corrupt businessmen and mobsters with medieval weaponry) and built from there, adding more fantastical elements and more heroes and villains and supporting characters, and spent time building both the characters, and their world. The DCEU just jumped right into aliens and magic and Mayan gods and human crocodiles and merpeople and all kinds of crazy shit, and just expected the audience to know what was going on, and who the characters were. With both the Arrowverse and the MCU, they went in assuming the audience didn't know who these characters were, and had to explain them, and their world. The DCEU just confused people, when it didn't, it just exhausted them. 

• Love 12

It also didnt help that the films just werent that good lol. Audiences flocked to BvS and SS but left disappointed and while they made money, we see that revenge was taken. It also doesn't seem like a coincidence to me that the films that have failed critically were the ones that tried to be savvy and take away the core of what made the characters great. Suicide Squad never should've delt with all that magic, they do the simpler things. WB clearly didnt care about the universe itself and just wanted money which is why they have failed.

• Love 8

I love the way Warner Bros got Variety to include that spin, "Sure, Justice League, but we had Wonder Woman, It and Dunkirk!"  Yes, and you also had King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Geostorm, The House (New Line, but still), and CHiPs, none of which even made back their production budgets (and in the cases of King Arthur and Geostorm are probably costing the studio someplace between $200 to $300 million each, if not much more, once distribution/marketing is factored in), not to mention the multiple films like Unforgettable which barely earned back their production budgets.  And even one of your legitimate box office successes, Kong: Skull Island, ended up running well over budget.

Yeah, you've had worse years, but let's not get that excited about your film division this year.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

It also didnt help that the films just werent that good lol. Audiences flocked to BvS and SS but left disappointed and while they made money, we see that revenge was taken. It also doesn't seem like a coincidence to me that the films that have failed critically were the ones that tried to be savvy and take away the core of what made the characters great. Suicide Squad never should've delt with all that magic, they do the simpler things. WB clearly didnt care about the universe itself and just wanted money which is why they have failed.

Don't laugh but I'm still pissed that I paid to go see BvS.?

I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad as far as entertainment goes. But I agree it should have been on a much smaller scale and they shouldn't have been out to save the world. They should have been fighting thugs or soldiers, not a couple of ancient gods.

BvS had some good individual moments, and I definitely see what they were going for, but it was a mess because they tried to cram too much in at once in service of their wider universe, not their specific story.

• Love 1

I liked BvS. I didn't see much wrong with it but I didn't expect much from it either so I was entertained.

I suspect Justice League will be entertaining as well.

Couldn't bring myself to watch Suicide Squad as the people looked really grubby and crazy and I didn't think I'd enjoy two hours of them running around, acting weird.

I'm happy I didn't pay to see BvS at the theater, I watched it when it was on HBO.  While I enjoyed the entertainment value of Suicide Squad. It was a mess just like BvS was. Mostly because the DCEU didn't take time to set up their universe, they just threw the audience into it and expected them to figure it out or have read the comics. Making Flashpoint is a huge mistake, we don't care about these characters and the general audience is not going to come out to watch a movie where the few characters they do know are completely different.  

I review I read made a good point of saying Wonder Woman did extremely well but the people that loved Wonder Woman did not show up to see her in Justice League. For me that means they only cared about her and didn't need to see her team up with characters they don't care about and will just wait for her next movie. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I liked BvS. I didn't see much wrong with it but I didn't expect much from it either so I was entertained.

I suspect Justice League will be entertaining as well.

Couldn't bring myself to watch Suicide Squad as the people looked really grubby and crazy and I didn't think I'd enjoy two hours of them running around, acting weird.

I watched Suicide Squad on cable because I enjoy Will Smith playing grouchy characters and he has great chemistry with Margot Robbie but I could not tell you what the plot of the movie was. I think they need to just let Joker/Batman mythos go for a bit. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

I watched Suicide Squad on cable because I enjoy Will Smith playing grouchy characters and he has great chemistry with Margot Robbie but I could not tell you what the plot of the movie was. I think they need to just let Joker/Batman go. 

Was Batman in it?

Did they have sane conversations in it or were they just grubby and crazy?

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Was Batman in it?

Did they have sane conversations in it or were they just grubby and crazy?

Joker is the main villain and Batman has a flashback cameo. Most of them were pretty much grubby and crazy. 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

haha thanks! That sounds like what I expected it to be! 

Actually Joker is not the main villain! It's some god/witch/alien thing? See I told you I didn't remember the plot. ?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

So, now that the winter break has come, who had the best holiday? 

The Supergirl team had a nice Christmas party, but it was made awkward by Kara's ex showing up at their job, and then Kara getting almost killed by her new BFF. But they did have great hot chocolate, so thats a win. 

The Flash team also had a nice Christmas party, complete with sexy long distance holograms. On the other hand, the party buzz was kind of killed by Barry getting arrested and one of the party guests being body jacked by one of Barry's enemies. Plus, Iris was possessed by a bitter writers for a few minutes at one point. But at least they have a TON of store credit!

Team Arrow had a lovely reception for Olicity, which was mostly great, if not very festive, but was sadly interrupted by an annoying idiot with a microphone, but its better than being interrupted by Nazis at least. It was hurt by the whole team falling apart though and storming off in a whining huff. At least it wasn't anyone who wasn't expendable. 

Team Legends started off on a downer, with one of their team dying, and had another team member leave, but on the plus side, he left on good terms with the team, and everyone had an adorable holiday party complete with booze and holiday speeches that make certain audience members get teary eyed. They also get bonus points for festive Hanukkah sweaters. On the less happy side, Constantine showed up asking to cash in a debt, which is basically like the Exorcist showing up at your house with mist everywhere. 

So, ups and down for everyone, but as long as they all hold the spirit of Beebo Day in their hearts, I know this will all work out fine. At least in a few episodes!

• Love 12

According to executive producer Marc Guggenheim, "a previously established character from the Arrowverse" will be stepping in to replace Firestorm on Legends.

The conversation came about when we asked the producer about Ray's introduction, and whether or not he could come onto the show full-time. Unfortunately, actor Russell Tovey is still tied up on ABC's Quantico, so he's not available in the near future. However, Guggenheim said that there was a plan in place.

"We do have a plan for how to replace Firestorm on the bridge, and it's a really cool one. It's one we're really excited about." Guggenheim continued, "There's really like two empty chairs on the Waverider. So we do have a game plan. We've always had a game plan. I just can't talk about the game plan. The CW publicity will determine when we get to unleash that bit of news."

Since he couldn't reveal exactly who was coming to Legends, we asked if Guggenheim could at least tell us if the character was already in the Arrowverse or if they would be new to the party.

"It's a returning," Guggenheim hesitated. "It's a previously established character from the Arrowverse."

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/08/legends-of-tomorrow-firestorm-replacement-character/

• Love 3

Yep Wally. If there are two new characters joining please not Redeemed!BS, although that likely wouldn't happen until a possible S4 anyway. I hate that Jax is gone but Wally might fit in ok. He can take over mechanic duties and there are ways to put limits on a Speedsters powers and he needs to mature and become part of a team in a way he wasn't on The Flash. LOT is by far the best at using an ensemble to it's best advantage and mixing up characters so KL will probably end up with a better storyline and more to do on LOT if its permanent or semi permanent. 

• Love 5

I think the second new character will end up being Ava.  They're already setting it up, with her saying the Time Bureau is in disarray since Rip's arrest and Darhk's resurrection.  And she disobeyed orders this last episode to come back and save Sara.  I think it's only a matter of time before she comes over for good, possibly bringing Rip with her.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think the second new character will end up being Ava.  They're already setting it up, with her saying the Time Bureau is in disarray since Rip's arrest and Darhk's resurrection.  And she disobeyed orders this last episode to come back and save Sara.  I think it's only a matter of time before she comes over for good, possibly bringing Rip with her.

Oh probably, I was briefly forgetting her. I didn't mind her in the Beebo ep and they're clearly setting up a romance but I don't want JM on as a regular, though it would even out the male/female ratio. I guess AD will do a few more episodes this season, though never full time again. 

7 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Definitely sounds like it's Wally. I'm sort of annoyed though, I'd prefer him back on The Flash, but I guess he can still show up sometimes, since Legends has less episodes.

He might end up with one of those "cross show" contracts. I'd say since he's part of the Wests he'll be bound to show up a few times on The Flash but QL barely remembers he has another daughter these days (see Wedding Watch) so that's no guarantee. I think he'll probably still visit the Flash even if he does actually become a LOT regular for a while and as I said LOT is really good at using it's ensemble cast so KL will probably have more to do. Though I can see why you'd want him on The Flash. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Definitely sounds like it's Wally. I'm sort of annoyed though, I'd prefer him back on The Flash, but I guess he can still show up sometimes, since Legends has less episodes.

Why? He never gets do much on the Flash. He's not one of Barry's pep talkers so he gets even less to do than most. At least on LoT Wally would get to be his own hero and probably get more character development. Being LoT has done wonders for Mick and Ray. They are both great characters now. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

This is an odd move. Makes me feel like Supergirl's in trouble, maybe? Or maybe not. I don't know.

As for the Olympics, still not sure if the rest of the shows will air during that time. Supergirl ends its winter episodes right before, so it could just be Legends that's getting put there to run straight through.

Guess that also explains why Supergirl is getting that extra long filming hiatus for Christmas. 

Maybe they're in the process of trying to figure out how to run all of their shows without reruns to help ratings (although I don't know how that helps these two in particular).

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 1

Yeah I think they want to use that Mondays at 9pm for Life Sentence. Strange move though, especially during the Olympics. Well at least LOT is getting it's final episodes run straight through. I wonder if there's a 4 ep mini arc where it makes sense for SG to take a break or if it's going to be totally arbitrary. 

• Love 1

Oh, wait! This may have to do with Kreisberg's firing and Berlanti needing to come back in and work with the writing staff. The production and writers on SG need more time, probably and that's causing delays.

Funny, I figured that The Flash would be the one more affected, but that doesn't look to be the case. Supposedly Berlanti was going to come back to both, but maybe he's choosing Flash first (his fave) and that's why Supergirl is getting delayed?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I have my doubts Berlanti will do that much more then he did now. He is the guy for the overall plotlines. But the Flash might see more of the arcs he likes to give all of his shows. 

Possibly, but I still think a delay in Supergirl's production schedule makes more sense as a reason for them  to pull such a weird move like this. And that's the only thing that could explain it, isn't it?