Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

And then we cry...

Why does Jensen keep saying that?

Taking to the SPN Ending thread.

51 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Taking my comments on this interview to the SPN Ending thread.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Why does Jensen keep saying that?

I hope he's not just decided to tow the party line after seeing how his initial comments about the finale struck such a uncomfortable chord among (a portion of) fandom.

• Love 1

About Jensen's look(s) at the TCAs. The prices are in Australian dollars which is about. 70 USD, but still. 😱 I love how much they appreciate his style. 

https://www.dmarge.com/2019/08/jensen-ackles-rolex.html

JENSEN ACKLES PULLED OFF A $4,000 GUCCI JACKET WITH A ROLEX ‘HULK’ SUBMARINER

He doesn’t just hunt monsters…

Mike Huynh

When you’re celebrating 15 seasons of one of the most successful television shows in the past two decades, you’re allowed to wear whatever you want. American actor Jensen Ackles did exactly that at the press conference for the final season of ‘Supernatural’ ever — and he did it with a highly sought-after Rolex Submariner ‘Hulk’ edition.

Seated alongside his partner in crime Jared Padalecki at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles this week, Ackles donned a AU$4,000white knit jersey jacket from Gucci complete with contrasting lapel and pocket piping for one hell of a summer look. That’s not all though because Ackles pinned the whole look down with white jeans, a green printed silk shirt and the aforementioned Rolex ‘Hulk’ on his wrist.

This is a rather daring look on Ackles considering the man has been rocking dark denim jackets, flannel and regular cut jeans for the better part of fifteen years. But what a welcome change it is.

The jacket’s striking embroidered cotton construction paired perfectly to Ackles’ floral print shirt and bright green Rolex Submariner Date in stainless steel. The watch itself has a RRP of AU$12,000 from Rolex but given the long wait times and availability, you’re looking more at double the price on the second-hand market. We can’t stress enough how hard these pieces are to wear but the 41-year-old American actor made this look way too easy.

If this is what happens after the send off to a long-running show then we’re keen to follow this new journey into retirement.

Ackles didn’t stop there though. That following night Ackles traded up the white blazer for a monochrome look which featured a fun pineapple print shirt in black and white paired to a black blazer with matching polka dot pocket square. Black suede chelsea boots polished things off to perfection along side the same white jeans. Two wins in one day? That’s definitely a supernatural effort.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I love that Jensen's wardrobe got some attention!

He's been mentioned a couple of times a year in that particular publication, which is really nice.  They gave him a write up for his hairstyle a couple of years ago as well.  

Jensen is so fucking attractive that it is really almost too much to take.  He has it all IMO.

• Love 9

I adore Jensen and Danneel but got to say I really really do not like his fashion choices and quite often don't like Danneel's.  I think Jared has far better taste (hides).  I don't like the hats, the short sides and long on top haircut, the tight white trousers etc etc.  I am much more for the understated. Jensen is my most favourite, gorgeous and lovely man (Jared comes a very close second) but style wise - nope just nope!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Icarus said:

I adore Jensen and Danneel but got to say I really really do not like his fashion choices and quite often don't like Danneel's.  I think Jared has far better taste (hides).  I don't like the hats, the short sides and long on top haircut, the tight white trousers etc etc.  I am much more for the understated. Jensen is my most favourite, gorgeous and lovely man (Jared comes a very close second) but style wise - nope just nope!

Beanies are not really a fashion statement. 😉

I read it somewhere else and agree, sometimes clothes make the man. In Jensen's case, the man makes the clothes. He can carry off any style,  from the most casual to haute couture. I love his bold choices. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

I'm with you on this. Fashion-wise, I'm often not on-board with Jensen's choices. I really dislike the super-short on the sides haircut he sports when he's on hiatus. I much prefer his Dean-style to his "fashion" looks. 

• Love 2

Each to their own, but I think Jared has (almost) no taste when it comes to fashion. His outfits are often boring, messy and uninspiring. Loved both Jensen´s outfits. They were perfect for the occasion(s). 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, starfishka said:

Each to their own, but I think Jared has (almost) no taste when it comes to fashion. His outfits are often boring, messy and uninspiring. Loved both Jensen´s outfits. They were perfect for the occasion(s). 

Have to agree with this. There is casual vs. not even trying.

I certainly don't like all Jensen's choices (for instance I thought the jacket with the shirt was too much, would have chosen one or the other). But I do like that he is willing to push the boundary and almost always makes it work. 

And he can wear those white jeans every day of the year if it were up to me 🙂

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Yeah Jensen, sure. See how you feel in 10 years when JJ gets to drive...

Or even better--when JJ gets in the car with a boy who's just gotten his license.....

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Beanies are not really a fashion statement. 😉

I read it somewhere else and agree, sometimes clothes make the man. In Jensen's case, the man makes the clothes. He can carry off any style,  from the most casual to haute couture. I love his bold choices. 

Same. I love that he's not boring when it comes to clothes.  Jensen clearly really likes "dressing up" whether that means in costumes or in different fashion looks.  He has fun with it and it shows.  

And he looks natural in nearly all of them(or the rare times he doesn't, it tends to be less to do with the clothes and more to do with him just not feeling whatever situation he's in).  The clothes never overwhelm him.  As you say, he wears the clothes, the clothes don't wear him. 

I also think, on a professional side, it shows that he can wear different looks - it's important for the people in the business to be able to see he can look at home in more than jeans and flannel.  That he could play a doctor or a business man or a lawyer or a musician or whatever and be able to look the part. 

And it shows he cares about his job too - if he looks good, makes the effort while doing promotion, it means he can make his employers, whoever they may be, look good as well.

Also I like the short sides, long top look, he's got nothing to hide and the length on top can look nice and fluffy.  But he's definitely not hiding behind his hair.  I do think it might cool if he grew it out as opposed to cutting it short though.  He kind of grew it out in 2003 but it wasn't a good cut, with the right styling I bet he could make it work.  Might as well do it now, while he still has it(sorry but with men, unfortunately, you never know when it might suddenly choose to to start jumping ship).

ETA: And damn, he looks good in white pants.  Not everyone does, but Jensen definite works it.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 10

https://clockworkshadowblog.com/jensen-ackles-redhood/

Great article and some new photos. 

I love this

This time was of course no exception. I will never forget when he looked in the full length mirror, straightened his jacket, and said, “Man, I have never felt so cool. I feel like a real superhero.” The ‘me’ who put Red Hood on my dream-costume list years earlier never thought this would be how I would check it off.

Now, excuse me, I need some ice.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 9

Do you think maybe getting "a fresh outlook for the months ahead" is Jensen realizing that no matter what the season brings [or if he dislikes it], the light is at the end of the tunnel and he can start looking ahead to better things?  

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Do you think maybe getting "a fresh outlook for the months ahead" is Jensen realizing that no matter what the season brings [or if he dislikes it], the light is at the end of the tunnel and he can start looking ahead to better things?  

Don't know. I thought this was just Danneel's current perspective. Jensen right may be still focused on the here and now, shooting has only just begun.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Don't know. I thought this was just Danneel's current perspective. Jensen right may be still focused on the here and now, shooting has only just begun.

Oops...thought it was Jensen's post, not Danneel's.  That'll teach me not to read! 😀

In that case, probably something with Danneel's jewelry business.

• Love 2

Article in the LA Times discussing streaming rights sales for Netflix and Hulu and mentioning their top sellers included this quote:

"While Netflix is often heralded for its distinctive original programs, its two most-watched shows in 2018 were “The Office” and “Friends,” according to Nielsen. Other hits in the top 10 included ABC’s long-running medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy” and the CW’s durable sci-fi thriller “Supernatural,” both of which have been churning out episodes for the last 15 years."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/the-dollar400-million-plus-reason-your-favorite-tv-shows-are-exiting-netflix-hulu/ar-AAFKdRr?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

I'm not sure I like the description of "churning out episodes" but it's pretty impressive that SPN is in the top 10 most-watched shows on Netflix.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Article in the LA Times discussing streaming rights sales for Netflix and Hulu and mentioning their top sellers included this quote:

"While Netflix is often heralded for its distinctive original programs, its two most-watched shows in 2018 were “The Office” and “Friends,” according to Nielsen. Other hits in the top 10 included ABC’s long-running medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy” and the CW’s durable sci-fi thriller “Supernatural,” both of which have been churning out episodes for the last 15 years."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/the-dollar400-million-plus-reason-your-favorite-tv-shows-are-exiting-netflix-hulu/ar-AAFKdRr?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

I'm not sure I like the description of "churning out episodes" but it's pretty impressive that SPN is in the top 10 most-watched shows on Netflix.

Thanks for posting this. SPN is the main reason that I still have my Netflix subscription. I watch Amazon Prime Video most of the time because they have a wider variety of content ( and The X-Files! ) but sadly no SPN 😞

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Thanks for posting this. SPN is the main reason that I still have my Netflix subscription. I watch Amazon Prime Video most of the time because they have a wider variety of content ( and The X-Files! ) but sadly no SPN 😞

Well, the article does say that networks will be removing shows/charging more from Netflix, so you may be able to dump your subscription in the future. 😐  

• Useful 1

No Supernatural on Netflix Canada. I’m thinking of cancelling my subscription. The Netflix original movies are abysmal with some really dire acting.

I signed up for Amazon Prime only to discover my smart tv is too old and I cannot download the app.

Network tv is dying and program streaming is the future, but I don’t want to fork out for a whole bunch of different streaming options.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I signed up for Amazon Prime only to discover my smart tv is too old and I cannot download the app.

You can watch online, or, I believe, get a Fire Stick from Amazon to watch on your tv.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I have a DVD/Blue Ray player that you can download the app to and connect and watch on your TV.  Might be an option.  Just make sure the player has a wireless connection.

12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You can watch online, or, I believe, get a Fire Stick from Amazon to watch on your tv.

Yes Amazon suggested the fire stick thingy. $69.

I do have a blue ray player...maybe my 16 year old neighbour can drop by to help in terms of downloading.

Thanks for suggestions 😊 I just wish life was simpler. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Yes Amazon suggested the fire stick thingy. $69.

I do have a blue ray player...maybe my 16 year old neighbour can drop by to help in terms of downloading.

Thanks for suggestions 😊 I just wish life was simpler. 

There are other media devices that work with Amazon as well. At least the $69 is a one time purchase :/ 

• Love 2