Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

You can see in the above video how fast Jensen is running! I remember comments years ago on the show about how fast he is - especially as seen in The End. Apparently age hasn't slowed him down much. Thanks for the video. And BTW, Jensen, you can't pick up the soccer ball and throw it at the goal!!!! LOL

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Frost said:

That seems pretty random.  What's the connection between Jensen, Jarod, and Bill Murray?

Bill Murray has been a serious golfer his entire life and owns a golf wear company. Jensen and Jared have both worn his golf wear when golfing.

• Love 2

So another video of interviews with celebrities who took part in the soccer game.

Jensen is, of course, in there both playing and being interviewed, but my favorite bit was at about the 6:50 mark. 

The young girl who couldn't remember the original question is all of us, I think. 😉 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, FlickChick said:

You can see in the above video how fast Jensen is running! I remember comments years ago on the show about how fast he is - especially as seen in The End. Apparently age hasn't slowed him down much. Thanks for the video. And BTW, Jensen, you can't pick up the soccer ball and throw it at the goal!!!! LOL

I actually specifically was watching him run just to check out his speed for the same reasons, because of the comments from The End about how fast he.  He still looks pretty fast and he has an effortless looking run.. :)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

I actually specifically was watching him run just to check out his speed for the same reasons, because of the comments from The End about how fast he.  He still looks pretty fast and he has an effortless looking run.. 🙂

He bounces. Seriously.

I see no difference.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

He wants to star in a new show right away? Very possibly in a show at the CW? A likely action-heavy show where playing the lead in at least the first few Seasons would mean being in the majority of each episode so forget about all the current perks of SPN with working half-time at best?

Gotta say I find that really surprising. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

He wants to star in a new show right away? Very possibly in a show at the CW? A likely action-heavy show where playing the lead in at least the first few Seasons would mean being in the majority of each episode so forget about all the current perks of SPN with working half-time at best?

Maybe that's the point--to prove that it was the show they wanted out of, not the idea of working (or working hard).  I also see he's planning to Exec-Produce this time.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Diane said:

I wonder if it is going to be filmed in and around Austin?

At the center of the series is Cordell Walker (Padalecki), a man finding his way back to his family while investigating crime in the state’s most elite unit. Our broken widower and father of two returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years for a high profile case – only to discover that there’s even more work to be done at home.

I'd guess yes.

• Love 2

I can see why the CW would want it, they would market it pretty much solely on his name because otherwise it`s not quite their kinda show currently. 

Jensen already said never again to a 22 episode network show. Which I can understand. 

I find it a bit curious to break this news this early. I mean, not even a single episode of the final Season of SPN has aired yet and one of the actors is already announced to be running out the door. I can`t see them being ready with this for fall next Season. Pilots are usually done during November-ish. Back when they shot SPN, both Js were written out for a bit of their respective shows Smallville and Gilmore Girls for that very reason. 

Shooting in Austin would make sense. I can see the perks for him and I don`t know how cheap or expensive Texas filming is. I know Vampire Diaries filmed in Georgia and not Vancouver for a change. 

However, I`d guess the new show wouldn`t feature big martial arts stuff? I mean, Chuck Norris` acting may be one thing but he did win many championships in martial arts.  I`d have thought such a show, they would want in the vein of Arrow where Amell has always done a fair bit of stunts himself.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Jensen already said never again to a 22 episode network show. Which I can understand. 

Jared also said he wanted to retire or at least take a break. LOL. I hope they both strike while the iron is hot. Hollywood is way too fickle and overcrowded to let opportunities go by.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jared also said he wanted to retire or at least take a break. LOL. I hope they both strike while the iron is hot. Hollywood is way too fickle and overcrowded to let opportunities go by.

To be honest, Jared always has been more fickle in matters like this. I think Jensen`s "no" meant no. A 13 episode-ish Netflix show, that I could see. And I don`t want to see Jensen on the CW again. I watch a lot of their shows but IMO something cable or streaming would be more his speed now. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

To be honest, Jared always has been more fickle in matters like this. I think Jensen`s "no" meant no. A 13 episode-ish Netflix show, that I could see. And I don`t want to see Jensen on the CW again. I watch a lot of their shows but IMO something cable or streaming would be more his speed now. 

I agree - just saying that nothing is ever set in stone. I would absolutely love to see Jensen in a series that would also leave him time for other endeavors (movies, music, his brewery business, etc). The horizon seems endless these days. I watched the Emmys last night and I never heard of 80% of the shows and only about 50% of the actors. Except for This is Us and the late night shows, regular network television was all but shut out. I can't even guess what the future will bring at this point.

• Love 4
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

I agree - just saying that nothing is ever set in stone. I would absolutely love to see Jensen in a series that would also leave him time for other endeavors (movies, music, his brewery business, etc). The horizon seems endless these days. I watched the Emmys last night and I never heard of 80% of the shows and only about 50% of the actors. Except for This is Us and the late night shows, regular network television was all but shut out. I can't even guess what the future will bring at this point.

I wish they would stop with reboots. Or go easier on them. 

That said, let me sit at the hypocrite`s table, they are doing a reboot-reboot of Battlestar Galactica. If that is as good as the last reboot, I`d be happy to see any actor I love in it. 

2 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

You have got to be kidding me?  The guy breaks his bones at the drop of a hat.

I agree. I can't imagine Jared being able to live up to the rigors of that role. The way he looks today, a good gust would blow him over.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Very interesting. I think it's coming out now because it's not a done-deal and Jared wants to stoke some excitement. Looks like two networks are "interested" but nothing is inked. Doesn't mention directors etc. 

This is what I was thinking, especially with him being EP. So many actors are fleeing to the pay networks now, I'm guessing CW will snap this up. They have always been Team Jared.

46 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I agree. I can't imagine Jared being able to live up to the rigors of that role. The way he looks today, a good gust would blow him over.

Given the character description,  I just hope it won't be another preachy,  sad-sack, dour role like what Sam has evolved (devolved?) into. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, starfishka said:

Congrats? to Jared, but why didn´t he "choose" something that requires at least some acting skills.

Why shouldn't this require acting skills?  Even if the original version with Chuck Norris was light on them (which since I never watched it, I don't know for a fact), this is a reboot, not a clone.  And the original must have had something going for it since it lasted for 7 years.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Why shouldn't this require acting skills?  Even if the original version with Chuck Norris was light on them (which since I never watched it, I don't know for a fact), this is a reboot, not a clone.  And the original must have had something going for it since it lasted for 7 years.

Old-fashioned machismo (and I don`t mean that negatively) but that was basically the original recipe. 

• Love 4

"There is a new Walker, Texas Ranger in town. Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is set to headline and executive produce Walker, a reimagining of CBS’ long-running 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, I have learned"

Does "executive produce" mean that he's putting his own money into it?

And it says that the reboot is being "shopped around" and "in the works" and that the CW seems to be the leading contender for it.

What does that mean? 

Nothing seems firm to me from this, but I'm not surprised that JP is showing interest in it because I've always figured that he'd never give up the limelight as easily as he's claimed that he's always wanted to.

• Love 6

I would think they are pretty sure this series is going to get picked up.  The announcement and detailed plot makes it look like they are just waiting to see if the CW or CBS will pick it up. Both are WB.

I'm really shocked. It must be a limited episode series.  I can't see either Jared or Jensen wanting to jump back into  a 23 episode  series right after SPN ends. Unless it is filmed in Austin.

This is really going to depend on the writing. The initial synopsis sounds very soapy.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yeah and executive producing as well....yeah I'm sure he just decided that spur of the moment because it was such a good offer and such a great project. LOL

• Love 3

This is not the sort of TV I watch at all so I certainly won't be watching, like others I am extremely surprised that Jared is prepared to take this on.  I guess if, as it seems, it will be filmed in Austin and he can set the criteria for how much he works then it would be more viable than having to travel up to Vancouver.  Announcing it now has, to me, been rather a kick in the teeth, as it just brings home in no uncertain way the ending of Supernatural. Probably should be in another thread but to add on to this comment that I am upset at how much down time the Js seem to be having in their last season.

10 hours ago, Myrelle said:

"There is a new Walker, Texas Ranger in town. Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is set to headline and executive produce Walker, a reimagining of CBS’ long-running 1990s action/crime series Walker, Texas Ranger, I have learned"

Does "executive produce" mean that he's putting his own money into it?

And it says that the reboot is being "shopped around" and "in the works" and that the CW seems to be the leading contender for it.

What does that mean?

It means it's a vanity project, one that yes Jared is putting his own money into to star in. At this point it's a pilot, like any other pilot. The difference is that it isn't being commissioned by any network, so the EP(s) have to shop it around after the pilot is made.

If it went to a network, sounds like a better fit for CBS, where it was originally - older actors and the concept skews older, at least the original series did. Doesn't really sound like something that would work on the CW for that reason, unless they're looking to change up their target audience platform. The other potential option is that the WB streaming service is going to need original material, so that's a possibility. And if they went that direction, it will definitely be a limited episode series, anywhere from 8-13 episodes.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

means it's a vanity project, one that yes Jared is putting his own money into to star in. 

So he’s basically buying his next role as opposed to being selected by a network and/or creative team to be the show’s star?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

So he’s basically buying his next role as opposed to being selected by a network and/or creative team to be the show’s star?

Well, that's the terminology when someone buys a vehicle or a concept to produce themselves  - meaning it doesn't just happen in the entertainment business, but it's more recognized in that business. Actors in a position to do so, mostly monetarily, will buy vehicles to either star in or just produce and/or direct themselves.

I'm guessing if it flies, then it will be based in Texas, and not just the title concept.  He's shooting the pilot in Austin, right? It certainly would be a much easier gig - no travel.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Well, that's the terminology when someone buys a vehicle or a concept to produce themselves  - meaning it doesn't just happen in the entertainment business, but it's more recognized in that business. Actors in a position to do so, mostly monetarily, will buy vehicles to either star in or just produce and/or direct themselves.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info!

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Wynne88 said:

In my opinion, these kind of shows never do. I´m not the biggest fan of Jared´s acting, but he is better than this, he deserves better than a reboot of a sh**ty show. But if it is something he really wants ...good luck to him.

Edited by starfishka

I think calling this a reboot might wind up being a mistake, since it actually sounds very different from the original except for the names.  

IIRC, (and I didn't watch very much so I may be way off) the original show was mostly geared to show off Chuck Norris's fighting skills.  Plots were light (or almost non-existent) and mostly ended up with him having to rescue someone via a major fight.  I don't remember much angst or soul-searching (as suggested in the new show), which is more Jared's forte than hand-to-hand fighting.  So the people who come to see another kickass show will be disappointed.  

It actually sounds to me like Jared wanted an action show set in Austin, and the idea of a Texas Ranger seemed to fit the bill; but someone said it's been done already and suggested they call it a reboot instead of just being derivative.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I think calling this a reboot might wind up being a mistake, since it actually sounds very different from the original except for the names.  

IIRC, (and I didn't watch very much so I may be way off) the original show was mostly geared to show off Chuck Norris's fighting skills.  Plots were light (or almost non-existent) and mostly ended up with him having to rescue someone via a major fight.  I don't remember much angst or soul-searching (as suggested in the new show), which is more Jared's forte than hand-to-hand fighting.  So the people who come to see another kickass show will be disappointed.  

It actually sounds to me like Jared wanted an action show set in Austin, and the idea of a Texas Ranger seemed to fit the bill; but someone said it's been done already and suggested they call it a reboot instead of just being derivative.  

This part of the concept sounds vaguely familiar...

are the modern day heroes our world needs, following their own moral code to fight for what’s right, regardless of the rules.

On the other hand, it also gives off a preachy/self-righteous vibe. If I have to watch a reboot, I'd rather see Chuck Norris style ass-kickery.

On another note, from that same article. Admittedly, my social media timelines definitely don't include any of the current 'creative team' behind SPN, but I don't recall hearing about the bolded, like, at all. Frankly, I find it hard to believe.

As Supernatural is heading into its 15th and final season, Pedowitz has made it clear that the door at the network is wide open for the creative team and talent of the show to return anytime.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Interestingly the creator (or head writer so far) of this new series is Anna Fricke, Mrs. Jeremy Carver. I'm guessing this series was created with Jared in mind.

That is interesting.

I hope his new cast-mates are as tolerant of his 'pranks' as his current ones are. I imagine being the 'boss' will ease that transition some. LOL!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, S Cook Productions said:

Cool, me too! I had to come home a day early though because I had to beat hurricane Dorian home before they closed Orlando airport. What did you think? I went to the Mark Shepherd panel (and then saw him smoking a cigar at a private bar we were both at later that evening) ; and I did the big cast one yesterday. 

A little late, I know, but the last few weeks have been crazy busy, so I finally have a brief time to answer this.

I didn't get to see Mark Shepard's panel, but I don't remember why that was. Since we came in Friday afternoon, I missed most of the panels then, so if it was on Friday that would explain why. I saw half of two of the big cast panels - one because I wanted to catch part of one of George Takei's panels. He is such a dynamic speaker, and I always enjoy his panels when I can attend.

I also went to the Supernatural discussion panel which is generally interesting, but I still miss when it used to be in the X-Trak (I liked the panelists there better). I sort of had a mini revelation in that panel this year though, though I wouldn't call it a good one. During the discussion, I made a quick comment during the discussion of the end of the season, lamenting how Sam had once again been saddled with starting an apocalypse, and one of the panel members laughed and said "That's just what Sam does in the show. He tries to save his brother and he starts apocalypses." Which I kind of already knew - since I recently lamented that that was the role the writers had given him - but I thought it was just me who saw it that way. I didn't realize that it was pretty much an accepted thing. Heh.

Probably the most memorable thing for me from the big cast panel parts I saw was the question about the actors' favorite lines. I wish I had more liked the comment about Crowley's line that got cut, but I'm kind of over that now. So perhaps the most memorable was D.J. Qualls' answer as I watched with perhaps equal parts delight and horror as he brought out Mr Fiizzles! to deliver the line about how Mr. Fizzles knows when you're being a LIAR.

I think I kinda love - and am at the same time horrified - that D.J. Qualls still has Mr.Fizzles.

• Love 2