Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: THIS IS GONNA END BADLY

druzy
  • Start Topic

20 minutes ago, asemumma said:

Why in the HELL do these people avoid going to court & get a reasonable and fair plan on paper? They HAVE the money for good lawyers!

Because they like things the way they are (they just don't want to admit it).  Maci likes having full custody and almost total control over Bentley's life, and Ryan has no interest in being a father - certainly not one with calendar demands and regular responsibilities.  Plus, the court would almost certainly mandate drug testing, something Ryan (and his parents) undoubtedly fear.  

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

No one is saying Ryan shouldn't see his son , we are saying that the way he is going about it is wrong . He should take responsibility for what he's done and ask nicely to see Bentley supervised for a little while or take Maci to court . But he never takes her to court because he simply doesn't care enough . Don't do what you did and then make demands . 

Right.  Tagging on to this - maybe I've seen too many episodes of Intervention, but isn't accepting responsibility/accountability for your actions as a drug addict and making amends to people you've hurt - an important - and first - step an addict is supposed to take in recovery?  Ryan seems to have missed this class in rehab, and is still acting like he's a victim to Maci's evil ways.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Because they like things the way they are (they just don't want to admit it).  Maci likes having full custody and almost total control over Bentley's life, and Ryan has no interest in being a father - certainly not one with calendar demands and regular responsibilities.  Plus, the court would almost certainly mandate drug testing, something Ryan (and his parents) undoubtedly fear.  

Right.  Tagging on to this - maybe I've seen too many episodes of Intervention, but isn't accepting responsibility/accountability for your actions as a drug addict and making amends to people you've hurt - an important - and first - step an addict is supposed to take in recovery?  Ryan seems to have missed this class in rehab, and is still acting like he's a victim to Maci's evil ways.

Not all rehabs and recovering addicts follow a 12 step program. There are many AA alternatives that are just as helpful. I personally follow SOS and I have found that very helpful in my recovery.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Not all rehabs and recovering addicts follow a 12 step program. There are many AA alternatives that are just as helpful. I personally follow SOS and I have found that very helpful in my recovery.

What's SOS?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Save Our Selves. It's a sobriety group that doesn't require belief in a higher power in order to stay sober. AA can be difficult to relate to if you are Atheist or Agnostic.

Interesting.  I'm not religious, so I've always thought the higher power stuff in AA was not for everybody, but I always thought the accountability and amend-making steps were fairly common in rehab and recovery plans.  Is there a philosophy in SOS that's similar?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Interesting.  I'm not religious, so I've always thought the higher power stuff in AA was not for everybody, but I always thought the accountability and amend-making steps were fairly common in rehab and recovery plans.  Is there a philosophy in SOS that's similar?

Not specifically but it's certainly encouraged as part of the sobriety/recovery process. Members find that once they are sober they find themselves wanting to address past wrongs in a healthy way. Meetings consist of speaking more about your sober life rather than your past addictive behavior. I really feel I have a sobriety home there and it's definitely helped me change my life. They have many same sex meetings that I often prefer to attend.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Soobs said:

21 days in rehab means Ryan got through withdrawals and a couple of therapy sessions and that's about it.

And only the immediate withdrawals. He probably hadn't even started PAWS yet and I think it is worse.

• Love 12

Am I the only one who is waiting for Gary to tell Amber "stop calling an 8 year old 'Booger Butt'! It's not cute, affectionate or appropriate."?

God help Leah when the kids at school start calling her that name on the playground!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Catelynn may not be the best mother but she wasn't driving with her eyes barely open slurring her words . And she lives with her daughter and may not parent perfectly or even close but sure as hell has been more of a parent than Ryan has ever been in all of Bentleys life . No one is saying Ryan shouldn't see his son , we are saying that the way he is going about it is wrong . He should take responsibility for what he's done and ask nicely to see Bentley supervised for a little while or take Maci to court . But he never takes her to court because he simply doesn't care enough . Don't do what you did and then make demands . Either way , none of us know what goes on in these people's daily lives . And FYI, I don't think Amber should be able to see her kid either . She's an abusive piece of trash who never takes responsibility for her own actions and actually gets more immature with age . 

And by the way , I 100 % believe that addiction is a disease , but taking the drug for the first time is a choice and Ryan made that choice 

Not always re bolding. Some people find themselves dealing with chronic illnesses or injured and need painkillers. Some people have major surgery due to an injury and will need painkillers to deal with pain. I was one of them. I never became an addict, but I can easily see how people can end up addicted to painkillers due to chronic pain.  We don't know if Ryan's drug use stems from the car accident he was in several years ago. He may have been given medication for pain and it went downhill from there. We don't have much of a backstory on Ryan's drug addiction, just a lot of speculation. I just wanted to clarify the idea people choose to take a drug the first time. 

As for Catelynn, she doesn't have to be slurring her words or nodding off behind the wheel to be breaking the law of driving under the influence just like Maci didn't have to be under the influence when she was breaking the law in last week's episode. Maci was breaking the law and put her children in danger. No different than Ryan putting innocent lives in danger when he drove under theinfluence. Back to Cate, she was SMOKING WEED WHILE DRIVING. That in itself was illegal. Who knows how much was in her system before she got behind the wheel. People can take prescription medication and still be considered driving under the influence. Alcohol is legal, but that doesn't mean it is safe to drive after drinking alcohol. With alcohol, people have to know what they are able to tolerate without being inebriated as well as remain under the legal limit. There is no such limit when it comes to marijuana, at least at the time when Cate was filmed driving under the influence. Not sure what the law is now in her state.  

In reality, there is no comparison. Both Cate and Ryan are shitty parents for a lot of reasons. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Correct. In fact, AA/NA are not evidence-based treatments.  These groups can be helpful supplement/supports but they can be harmful because “step work” can be triggering and lead to relapse if one does not have early recovery skills.  For those that are interested in evidence based practice, here is a helpful chart. http://adai.washington.edu/ebp/matrix.pdf

Hypothetically, Ryan could be very serious about his recovery (he ain’t though) and never once mention “amends” or be compelled to right the wrongs — As a clinician, this is an area I would never touch in early recovery because guilt and shame over the past is going to lead to relapse.

Ryan left the residential program but are we sure he left “early”? He may have required inpatient medical detox and then once stabilized had plans for IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program). We don’t know his treatment plan. For many regions, IOPs are the most common.  Long gone are the days of 21/28 residential facilities — unless they’re $40,000 cash per month resorts like Catelynn’s preferred Sierra Tuscon.   I learned today that my employer plans to “close” their inpatient substance use disorder treatment program and will greatly expand IOP, being able to serve more veterans in the process. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 17

Putting aside the driving issue, I'm not sure how Catelynn's rehab (which I thought wasn't related to substances?) is equivalent to Ryan's heroin use. I agree that a mental health issue, addiction or otherwise, shouldn't be a reason to keep a child from a parent, and rehab alone isn't a reason to keep them apart. I do think that using heroin is fundamentally different from using marijuana, which will likely soon be as legal as alcohol throughout the states and is already in plenty of places (for a reason). I understand that not everyone shares that opinion, no need to debate, I just don't think they are equivalent on a one to one basis. While of course in a completely ideal world  nobody would use substances ever, including  alcohol, I think *what* drug it is certainly matters in terms of danger to the child.  

I don't think a current heroin user should be around a child *without supervision.* Now, whether he was actually sober or not is another question, and I agree that it's not up to Queen Maci to decide or determine that. I understand her wariness but this all needs to be decided by a judge. She enjoys her power way too much for me to be entirely on her side here. Ryan is worthless and a jerk outside of the drug use, and I get that, but that really can't have anything to do with the decision. Again, this should be decided in court along with drug tests and a clear visitation schedule. Maci not going for that makes me judge her. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Soobs said:

Amber on the boat talking about how she really needed a day to relax. Okay Amber, you do you...as usual.

After they had to throw a tennis ball at the window of her dog urine/shit saturated house at 1:00 pm to wake her up. Bubby looked pretty disgusted with her, imo.

• Love 22
22 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Did Ryan not realize how ridiculous he sounded when he said what kind of parent gives their kid chores? And he pretty much said to his mom that if she gave him chores to do he would have turned out badly. Oh yeah Ryan, you're a gift.

Yea, the last thing we need more of is coddle brats like Ryan. 

19 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but I think Maci is right. Ryan was only in rehab for 21 days and 1 day out and he thinks he should be entitled to see his son? After what we saw of Ryan on tv last season, that wouldn't happen if I were Maci either. Should she answer his texts? yes. But beyond that, he needs to stay sober a hell of a lot longer than 21 days which by the way was spent in rehab where drugs weren't easy access for him.

I'm with you. Twenty-one days for how bad his addiction was is nothing. And if WE get to have an opinion on it, I think she can too. I get the insurance issues and all that. But Ryan isn't some working class stiff from BFE. He's paid to be on TV, his wife is paid to be on TV, his parents are paid to be on TV - and look like they've done well for themselves prior to TM. No one could cough up to extend his stay? Nah, he came home because he wanted to. He only went in the first place to shut people up, IMO. 

As for Maci not responding to his texts right away.....I think she was just thrown. I don't think she expected him back so soon. No one told her he was getting out. Suddenly she's getting texts demanding to see Bentley. I think she was taking time to collect her bearings and figure out what to do. The dude said on camera that if he didn't get his way, "someone was going to get hurt". So I can only imagine what texts he was sending her. He's a creepy asshole even without drugs. 

13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Maci never gave me the impression she was ever concerned with Bentley spending time with Ryan. In fact, she was constantly griping about Ryan not spending enough time with Bentley. I would find it hard to believe Maci didn't know Ryan was abusing drugs. No way do I believe she only found out earlier this year.

I may be naive, but I can believe that Maci didn't know how bad it was. Ryan was barely around his own house. She'd drop Bentley off with Jen and Larry and he'd hardly ever be there. I think it's definitely possible they kept a lot from her. She might have thought it was something he dabbled in, the way other people will got out for drinks on the weekend. I do think, just from what we've seen, that problem did become suddenly MUCH worse over last season. 

I do think she should have been more proactive about protecting Bentley, and tried to use the court system. But I can also understand her quandary, when Bentley is so close to his grandparents and she probably felt she could trust them to make sure he was okay. The whole thing is a mess, really. 

12 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I find it so interesting that the majority of viewers would expect Catelynn to see her child after rehab (and would criticize her if she didn’t!) while Ryan’s desire/entitlement to see Bentley is questioned...  What double standards!  Or you can substitute Amber’s prison, as well.  Neither Catelynn or Amber are mothers. Just like Ryan, they are neglectful, shitty parents.  Parents in name only. All 3 of those “parents” only try to parent when the MTV camera is pointed at them and their bank account just received a deposit. 

And I was fine with Gary restricting how much Amber saw Leah when she was fresh out of prison. She hadn't been around for awhile and he was doing his best to help Leah adjust appropriately to her mother's return in her life. I was fine with it. I think the difference with Cate is that she's married to the father of her child, and so there's always someone else there. Her absence wasn't nearly as long as Amber's, so it wasn't a big readjustment for Nova. Ryan was hardly EVER around Bentley before rehab, so his insistence on seeing him immediately just rang false to me. I think that was all Mackenzie. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

and why do catelynn. And Mackenzie look like they are pushing 50?

Catelynn looks sooooo bad. I do not like to shame people for their appearance, but she used to be a cute girl. There is nothing attractive about her now. She has put on so much weight that there are no features left in her face. Those boobs look painful and distracting. And she just styles herself like she could give two shits. Her hair is a tragedy. For all the money these people make, she could get it together. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Putting aside the driving issue, I'm not sure how Catelynn's rehab (which I thought wasn't related to substances?) is equivalent to Ryan's heroin use. 

Because many of us thought that Catelynn's "anxiety" was a code word for drug use, and not a soft drug like marijuana. Many of these celebrities use "exhaustion" and "anxiety" as excuses when they go to rehab for cocaine, meth, heroin, etc. Once she was out, she got a marijuana medical card so I don't think MJ was the reason she was in there. I, and many others if you look far enough back in the threads, believed that Cate and April were going to Boogeytown to get more than down and funky. 

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

I could support Maci 100% if she got rid of her holier than thou attitude. 

Yes, I totally agree that Maci has some legit concern for Bentley's physical safety and emotional well-being...but I also thinks she prefers the dynamic where she's in charge and all things related to Bentley have to go through her approval first. I mean, he's a deadbeat asshole, she's petty and very immature, and when it comes to Bentley Maci is clearly the lesser of the evils but it doesn't make her that tolerable, IMO.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Catelynn may not be the best mother but she wasn't driving with her eyes barely open slurring her words . And she lives with her daughter and may not parent perfectly or even close but sure as hell has been more of a parent than Ryan has ever been in all of Bentleys life . No one is saying Ryan shouldn't see his son , we are saying that the way he is going about it is wrong . He should take responsibility for what he's done and ask nicely to see Bentley supervised for a little while or take Maci to court . But he never takes her to court because he simply doesn't care enough . Don't do what you did and then make demands . Either way , none of us know what goes on in these people's daily lives . And FYI, I don't think Amber should be able to see her kid either . She's an abusive piece of trash who never takes responsibility for her own actions and actually gets more immature with age . 

And by the way , I 100 % believe that addiction is a disease , but taking the drug for the first time is a choice and Ryan made that choice 

Cate drive high on weed a time or two. I think there was even an episode where she was smoking in the car. 

• Love 5

Cate's new/old friend seems thirsty for the camera.

WTF was with Farrah's realtor. I liked the house they visited, wonder how much that one was.

What is Mac's custody situation with her son? I'm curious because Ryan's rehab was in Dallas and she stayed at a rental apartment. Did she stay there the entire 21 days he was in rehab? Did she not see her own son that whole time?

I think Tyler just likes to listen to his own voice which is why he rambles on and on without actually saying anything. He and Cate don't seem to have conversations, they just talk over each other

Edited by MaggieG
grammar
  • Love 16

Farrah never made it to L.A.  I don't know why she was so worried about getting something before the beginning of the school year when she took Sophia out of school in TX to be home schooled.  Not sure why she can't just rent something and then take her time finding a house, but whatever.  I wonder if she's still crammed into Michael's place.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And I was really put off seeing him behind the wheel of a car. Could Mack not have driven home? Yikes.

Those two were not even wearing seatbelts. Fucking idiots. At least if Mack is going to sit in a car with that asshole driving, she should be wearing a seatbelt and a racing driver's helmet. 

2 hours ago, ClassyCourtHeels said:

Cate drive high on weed a time or two. I think there was even an episode where she was smoking in the car. 

She did. You are referring to the episode where she and April drove to BoogieTown after they picked up that pig. No, not Tyler, that baby pig. I mentioned that up above in my post. 

Suddenly she's getting texts demanding to see Bentley. I think she was taking time to collect her bearings and figure out what to do. The dude said on camera that if he didn't get his way, "someone was going to get hurt". So I can only imagine what texts he was sending her. He's a creepy asshole even without drugs. 

@ghoulina Very much so. And you know there is more being texted and said to her behind-the-scenes, which only makes me ask again WHY HASN'T MACI GONE TO COURT OVER THIS MATTER? I know, I know. I am repeating myself, but damnit, if she is that concerned and she now knows the level of Ryan's addiction (assuming it was $10k a week, just for argument's sake), there is absolutely no reason for her to not have gone to court to request supervised visitation AND drug testing. She'd kill more than two birds with one stone going that route. 

I may be naive, but I can believe that Maci didn't know how bad it was. Ryan was barely around his own house. She'd drop Bentley off with Jen and Larry and he'd hardly ever be there. I think it's definitely possible they kept a lot from her. She might have thought it was something he dabbled in, the way other people will got out for drinks on the weekend. I do think, just from what we've seen, that problem did become suddenly MUCH worse over last season. 

Perhaps Maci herself was too inebriated half the time to really see the red flags, she might have been too worried to mention anything about his drug use because fingers would be pointing right back at her or she was worried about exposing him publicly. I just know when we can see there was a drug problem, there is no way Maci could not have noticed the same things from her own television screen. I can give her the benefit of the doubt about not knowing early on, but it was pretty obvious the last two seasons. We watched maybe 1 hour worth of Ryan on our screen for two seasons and came to the conclusion there was some kind of drug use. Maci says on camera she hasn't seen Ryan lately, but that doesn't mean she had not seen him at all at any other time. I just take what Maci says with a grain of salt. She certainly has no credibility after all the lies she tried to put on the viewers about her miracle pregnancies and alcohol intake. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
18 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@ghoulina Very much so. And you know there is more being texted and said to her behind-the-scenes, which only makes me ask again WHY HASN'T MACI GONE TO COURT OVER THIS MATTER? I know, I know. I am repeating myself, but damnit, if she is that concerned and she now knows the level of Ryan's addiction (assuming it was $10k a week, just for argument's sake), there is absolutely no reason for her to not have gone to court to request supervised visitation AND drug testing. She'd kill more than two birds with one stone going that route....

Because she, just like almost everyone else that appears on this show, is incredibly lazy!  And she knows Ryan is even lazier than she is.

If Ryan asks her to see Bentley, and she says no, what's he going to do? Drive over to her house? Call his attorney? Get his ass down to a courthouse and file for a change in custody? Bloody unlikely. He'll fire off a few angry abusive texts to her, then go outside and bitch about his evil shrew of a baby mama to his idiot wife and enabling parents.  And then he'll go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat. As soon as Maci gets an inkling that Ryan intends to follow through with one of his threats, unlike the last eleventy hundred times, you can bet she'll be on the phone with her lawyer, sobbing about Ryan and forwarding Ryan's threatening texts. Until then, she's going to blow it off.

These people do not do shit until they have to. The thought of getting your legal ducks in a row just in case would never occur to them.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It is not an unpopular opinion. Her attitude is right to an extent. She doesn't want Ryan to have visitation. My feeling is, Ryan should have SUPERVISED visitation. Why Maci hasn't bothered acquiring a temporary court order barring any visitation unless it is supervised until Ryan has been consistent with his post-rehab treatment, is what I question and how I choose to judge her. A court would be better suited to handle this situation because when the courts are involved, it removes BOTH parents who are controlling and petty asshole -  two things Ryan and Maci tend to do - from playing tit-for-tat. The courts would also be the place Ryan would have to answer to if and when he fails in his sobriety. He wouldn't be sending the kind of texts he has sent to Maci. If he did, Maci could show the courts and let a judge deal with him. Ryan is at a point where his addiction needs accountability and consequences. No one is holding this guy responsible. 

Maci also needs to take several seats about her need to be in Ryan's business.  Her controlling need to want to be the one who can help Ryan is beyond her scope. Ryan can only help himself. Imagine if Ryan wanted to be all up in Maci's business? Maci wouldn't have it. As for enabling, they all need to stop that ASAP.

Maci's job is to parent Bentley and assure what is in his best interest. She uses her son as a reason to overstep the boundary with Ryan.   

Maci hasn't bothered to seek an emergency order concerning supervised visitation for Bentley. That seems to tell me she doesn't want any legal judgment prohibiting her from sticking her nose where it clearly doesn't belong. Maci would be better off putting her energy into maybe taking Bentley to a therapist who can help him to understand the situation. Bentley surely knows there is something wrong with his dad, but he needs someone to put things in perspective for him, not for Maci to tell him he just can't visit with his dad. It would help to explain to him that his parent’s drug use is happening because of an illness and treatment is needed in order to stop before Bentley feels he is somehow responsible for his dad's behavior. 

Lastly, Maci is not in a position to judge someone else when she herself has an issue with alcohol and going by the last episode, she can't bother to keep her children safe in her own vehicle. Someone doesn't have to be under the influence, like Ryan, to be a danger to others while driving. 

18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I hate when I forget to add something to my posts. 

Maci should take this matter to court where it belongs and REQUEST DRUG TESTING. If Ryan wants visitation so bad, he would do what is necessary to ensure he is clean, and Maci would at least be assured of it as well. It would also set some healthy boundaries. Something Ryan has never been given. 

Jen and Larry weren't supervising as much as they were taking over Ryan's visitation, and Maci enjoyed having them be her on-the-spot babysitting service when the need arose including the baby she had with Taylor. Jen was turning a blind eye to Ryan's behavior. She wouldn't be the one I would trust to supervise a visit with my child. 

Maci never gave me the impression she was ever concerned with Bentley spending time with Ryan. In fact, she was constantly griping about Ryan not spending enough time with Bentley. I would find it hard to believe Maci didn't know Ryan was abusing drugs. No way do I believe she only found out earlier this year. 

Maci is painting a fine picture, but I still give her the side-eye. 

All this, @GreatKazu.  Maci has every right to be concerned BUT this all looks like St. Maci of Bud Light feigning concern for the cameras because of her past actions such as drinking regularly & heavily while at least halfway into her last pregnancy,  driving her kids while texting, and showing signs of being a functional alcoholic herself (and her husband may be as well).  Plus, as you pointed out, Maci had no problem with Bentley (and Jayde) being around Ryan & the Edwardses whenever she needed a babysitter, party time, etc. And she definitely KNEW Ryan had a problem with pills at least since 2012, when Dallis (Ryan's ex) says he tried rehab the first time: https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/06/ryan-edwards-details-of-teen-mom-stars-drug-use-revealed/

But St. Maci didn't want to lose her child-free time where she could go to clubs, tailgate at UT games, travel to see boyfriends who didn't live in the same town, etc....so she didn't bring it up or ask the courts to make sure Bentley's time with Ryan was for sure 100% monitored by Jen & Larry.  She didn't want Jen & Larry to call out her drinking and she didn't want to piss them off and lose her free babysitters.   She never gave any indication of giving two shits about it until MTV made Ryan's drug problem a story line with the high driving thing.  MTV forced her hand to at least pretend to do something (notice she hasn't actually asked the court for anything yet) by bitching and acting controlling (which she surely enjoys hold Bentley over Ryan's head).  Maci can have several seats now that she is using this as her story line she everyone knows she's boring as hell and gets a reason to control Ryan (who I totally believe she is still into) in some ways now.  Where was your outrage and concern years ago when Bentley was with Ryan? We know from footage Ryan drove Bentley alone. Bentley wasn't always with Mimi Jen...he was with Ryan/Ryan and his gf sometimes. So whatever, Maci.  Maybe you'd come off better if you could figure out how to be concerned yet supportive of his recovery instead of faux-concerned and a control-freak who is relishing the chance to try to play mama to Ryan again (too bad Mimi Jen and Mackenzie have already got that covered, Maci) and be vindictive. 

If something happens to Farrah, Deb doesn't get custody of Sophia, right? Please tell me Michael or even Derek's dad would get her. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14

I don't think Farrah ever said who would get custody of Sophia now that her mom is out of the will, but I'm betting Michael. He may be a bit of a loon, but he's the best caregiver for her in that situation. At least in my opinion.

• Love 15
25 minutes ago, Birdee said:

I don't think Farrah ever said who would get custody of Sophia now that her mom is out of the will, but I'm betting Michael. He may be a bit of a loon, but he's the best caregiver for her in that situation. At least in my opinion.

Absolutely. Although I think Deb is so completely batshit and narcissistic that maybe even Farrah's crazy realtor would be a better choice than Deb. Hell, Sophia's pony is a better choice than Deb. 

Michael isn't perfect, but I don't think being raised by him would be anywhere near as damaging to a child as being raised by Deb & Dr. David. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

I guess Mac got what she wanted. She hitched her wagon to a Zzz list's car and now has her own scenes. 

Mac and Matt really should hold seminars for wanna-be-famewhores-and-grifters about how to insert yourself into a reality star's life and leech off of them.

• Love 23
Just now, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Mac and Matt really should hold seminars for wanna-be-famewhores-and-grifters about how to insert yourself into a reality star's life and leech on.  

Lol, seriously!

Now at the Learning Annex: How to hitch your wagon on a low level reality star's bandwagon. With Q&A after the show on how best to siphon the most money out of your beloved moron. 

• Love 11
On 12/4/2017 at 9:32 PM, pheebs said:

Maci has the most awful skin - does drinking make your skin bad? T-Money's beard is heinous, as well as his stupid purple and gold pocket TTM shirt.

She used to have really bad skin when she was younger - so she probably hasn't grown out of it yet. I was lucky enough to get off prescription meds when I was around 22 but some aren't that lucky. 

On 12/5/2017 at 0:22 AM, fetching said:

Jen appears to be done with their BS and Mac is clearly wondering what she signed up for. 

I was kinda surprised that it seems like Jen somewhat agrees with what Maci is doing.  She probably doesn't like that Bentley can't come see them (I wonder if he did while Ryan was away?) but she seems to show some sort of understand of why Maci isn't responding to Ryan's demands.

On 12/5/2017 at 1:09 AM, Kb60 said:

Maci's got the whole rehab thing wrong. Rehab is not prison. You don't get 6 months to a year because you were that bad. You go to learn how to live sober and then you get out and live sober. She still wants him badly.

I think most people would give 21 days a MAJOR side-eye.  While he was detoxing he was taking classes so he was able to get stuff done quicker? yea ok, whatever.... 

On 12/5/2017 at 11:37 AM, heatherchandler said:

The length of time Ryan was in rehab is none of her business.  She thinks he should be there for a year, but insurance will only pay for x amount of days, and that is just the way it is.  Not to get into politics, but that is where the opioid crisis money should be spent - extending rehab time.  It is true that the longer you are in rehab, the better your chances are.  

I don't know if I would say 100% her business, but at least 50% her business.  They share a child.  She has to trust his dad AND his family with their son in their care. She absolutely should know what's going on and not hand him over blindly. 

23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I do not understand why a father cannot see his son because he is an addict.  As long as he is not driving him around, obviously, he should be able to see his son.  Why should he be punished?  He is trying to get well.  Kids are not a reward, he doesn't need to prove himself to anyone before seeing his son.  What good would waiting do?  Bentley asked to see him, he needs to see him.  Why hold off?  Safety?  He is sober, and there is family around.  If he asked to drive off with him to disney world or something, then no... but why can't he see him?  Addicts are not bad people - they are sick people.  

Because addicts do really fucking stupid things. My prior SIL would sneak out of windows in their house and disappear for DAYS when she was on a drug binge.  I have no doubt she would have no problems leaving kids home alone if she needed her drugs.  Thankfully Maci has the watchful eye of Ryan's parents (or mom at the very least... larry seems iffy lately...) but she can't be sure if they will always be around when Bentley is with Ryan.  Not to mention there's a crap ton of new stories floating around lately about parents who overdose with their kid in the care.  

18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I hate when I forget to add something to my posts. 

Maci should take this matter to court where it belongs and REQUEST DRUG TESTING. If Ryan wants visitation so bad, he would do what is necessary to ensure he is clean, and Maci would at least be assured of it as well. It would also set some healthy boundaries. Something Ryan has never been given. 

She probably doesn't want to take it to court because she currently has the upper hand.  Ryan said it was his weekend but it didn't seem like she was too worried about getting into trouble if she didn't hand the kid over. So maybe 'his weekends' aren't court ordered? Ryan needs to buck up and get it settled in court. 

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, the last thing we need more of is coddle brats like Ryan. 

I'm with you. Twenty-one days for how bad his addiction was is nothing. And if WE get to have an opinion on it, I think she can too. I get the insurance issues and all that. But Ryan isn't some working class stiff from BFE. He's paid to be on TV, his wife is paid to be on TV, his parents are paid to be on TV - and look like they've done well for themselves prior to TM. No one could cough up to extend his stay? Nah, he came home because he wanted to. He only went in the first place to shut people up, IMO. 

As for Maci not responding to his texts right away.....I think she was just thrown. I don't think she expected him back so soon. No one told her he was getting out. Suddenly she's getting texts demanding to see Bentley. I think she was taking time to collect her bearings and figure out what to do. The dude said on camera that if he didn't get his way, "someone was going to get hurt". So I can only imagine what texts he was sending her. He's a creepy asshole even without drugs.

Exactly... we don't know what those texts said and apparently know one told her anything about him going away. No one would talk to her when he left (because they were all pissed off she talked about it to the cameras) so I think it's her right to ignore him for a bit when he tries to ambush her. 

And larry needs to cool his jets.  We will hopefully all soon know the truth?? spill it larry.  you're a freaking hot head. 

from the sound of it larry doesn't like that taylor told him to quit being a psycho on the ball field at a little league game. (seriously those parents are the worst)

• Love 10

I can't stand Maci and Imo she has an addiction problem of her own but Ryan can take several seats. He's missed the majority of Bentleys life and if his parents hasn't been involved he probably would voluntarily never see Bentley so he has no right to demand to see his son the moment he's out if rehab. I think it's mostly MacKenzie pushing for him to see Bentley anyway and not Ryan's actual interest in his son. 

Please  don't let Cait get pregnant again. She has no interest in the child she has and they barely take care of Nova. I don't think either parent has much attachment to poor little Nova. She's just a prop to them. Caitlin looks like shit. She's a huge fat bloated April. No offense to anyone pushing 50 but Caitlin looks way older than she is. All of these girls look at leasr 10 to 15 years older than they are! 

Amber is a horrible human being. Saying she didn't spend the time she's offered with Leah because of Matt (while she's been known to pout and fake cry over not getting to spend MORE time with bew bew) and then when she's single and can devote all the time in the world to her daughter she goes and gets pregnant by some loser thus inventing another excuse to not spend time with her daughter. It's funny that men usually get the (often in accurate) bad rap of being lazy deadbeats or bad parents and on these tm shows, Cory, Jo and Gary are fantastic parents while the women they spawned with are a mess. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 16

She probably doesn't want to take it to court because she currently has the upper hand.  Ryan said it was his weekend but it didn't seem like she was too worried about getting into trouble if she didn't hand the kid over. So maybe 'his weekends' aren't court ordered? Ryan needs to buck up and get it settled in court. 

@gunderda And that is the issue right there. She doesn't want a court to intervene and start being in control. She likes having the upper hand and having no one to answer to. Neither one of them has gone to court and it is a shame. I know Ryan won't go to court, but Mackenzie might push him to go and file documents. Maci technically has the upper hand only because she can prove he has a drug issue. She can request and receive an order that Ryan submit to drug testing. I just keep wondering if she is worried that her own skeletons are going to come out during the process and that is what is holding her back. 

• Love 11

Catelynn should NOT have more children but they are not for the reasons she was giving out on TV.....she knows she will have to stop smoking dope for 9 months...she is high half the time now so I'm beginning to wonder if she abstained from lighting up during her pregnancy will the Nova?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I was kinda surprised that it seems like Jen somewhat agrees with what Maci is doing.  She probably doesn't like that Bentley can't come see them (I wonder if he did while Ryan was away?) but she seems to show some sort of understand of why Maci isn't responding to Ryan's demands.

I got that feeling as well. I feel for Jen right now, even though she is largely responsible for the creation of the Ryan monster. I think she is torn between agreeing with Maci in her mind, but loving her son in her heart. It, honestly, seems like the ones causing the most contention right now are Mack and Larry. 

• Love 19
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I got that feeling as well. I feel for Jen right now, even though she is largely responsible for the creation of the Ryan monster. I think she is torn between agreeing with Maci in her mind, but loving her son in her heart. It, honestly, seems like the ones causing the most contention right now are Mack and Larry. 

I agree. I think Jen wants to play nice and have everyone get along. Unfortunately, I feel like she also has her head in the sand to an extent. She's not going to rock the boat anyway. Still, it appears that she is aware of the problem and probably secretly agrees with Maci. 

• Love 16

I think Larry has a temper (and perhaps a Maci-esque like of beer) that Jen has been trying to shield Ryan from for his whole life and has also tried to make up for Larry's temper by spoiling Ryan & "protecting" him by enabling him/not calling him out.   I think that's a reason why Ryan can't adult....although at his age and when he's seen plenty of functional, repsonsible adults live day to day, he has no excuse for not getting his sh*t together, so it may be a reason, but it is not an excuse.  Ryan himself certainly is to blame at this point in his adult life.   

Jen (and Larry) might deserve some criticism for how they enabled/spoiled Ryan as a child and an adult, but I feel for Jen if Larry does have a temper & like his beer as much as I suspect. I understand why she may have spoiled and enabled Ryan to make up for it....but I also know it wasn't and isn't healthy.  She's still the most likable Edwards family member by far (besides Bentley) right now. 

Honestly, it might be best if Jen and Larry just stop filming and let Ryan and Mac do the "Ryan scenes."  I don't see how the Edwards grandparents are going to end up coming off any better as this story line progresses. Maybe take a hint from Maci's mom & dad and limit/stop filming.....that way you aren't too openly associated with/blamed for your grown child's embarrassments on national TV.  (But spill the dirt on Maci first, PawPaw Larry!)

• Love 16
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And don't think I didn't notice that she's suddenly appreciative of Gary and saying what a nice guy he is, now that Matt's on the way out. Good thing Gary doesn't need your acknowledgement. He's got a nice, happy family.

Although, couldn't SOMEONE have put sunscreen on Leah???

PREACH!!!

My redheaded ass was livid at zero footage of Boo Boo/Booger Butt even having any sunblock applied to her, let alone re-application every 30 minutes. Hello. One does not mess around with the sun. That seems so unlike Kristina or Gary to have let that happened, even if they want to suffer themselves.

I want to ask Amber want a booger butt is. I can't think of a worse term of endearment. I don't want to get too graphic, but doesn't Preparation H exist to deal with Booger Butts? That's all I can think of when Amber calls her daughter that awful name. And if Leah is Boo Boo, who is Yogi Bear?

17 hours ago, Soobs said:

Cate talking about their house, stating "they were going to renovate on it". I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it will look like when they're done.

On behalf of all of us literate folks, is it too much to ask to have the anxiety therapists Rehab professionals tutor Cate during the evenings in some basic English grammar instead of giving her time to be on her phone? 

• Love 10

There's still an amazing disregard for sun safety among, how should I say it nicely?.....uneducated white people in the US. I am extremely fair skinned and was ridiculed as a kid in my working class neighborhood because my mom made me wear sunscreen (kids told me "eww gross you always smell like sunscreen") & because my mom followed the pediatrician's recommendation that I avoid staying in the sun too long between 10am-2pm (which most dermatologists recommend to basically all white people). It was rough as a kid.  Even today people from lower-socio-economic backgrounds will remark about "how white" I am and how I "need to go get a tan/spend time with them outside to tan" or ask "why don't you ever go outside/go in the sun" or tell me I need to go to a tanning both.  It's really bind-boggling when I think about it....no one in their right mind would ever ask a dark-skinned black person "why are you so dark?" (or if they did, they'd catch a ton of well-deserved flack) but people have no qualms about asking why us very fair-skinned white people are sooo white (and obviously the connotation here is that being very fair is viewed as a bad thing).  (BTW it's only ever been white people who have commented on "how white" or "how pale" I am and seem to get off feeling superior to me because they aren't as "pale"as I am.)

I always want to say "No bitch, I CANNOT TAN. No, not even in a tanning booth. I only burn. Then freckle. So I try to follow my dermatologists's orders. My ancestors are from northern Europe where the sun's rays are less intense so I can't take the sun."  When they are aghast that I don't tan or don't burn then tan (which is what most of them do, which also damages skin even if you tan after), I've just started to say "well, I'm very white and cannot tan because that's how Jesus made me." Because in the south and Middle America, ain't no one gonna say shit about Jesus. Ha.

Sorry for the rant...in any case, most of these people know nothing about good sun protection practices and see a burn (which will likely eventually tan for a lot of people) as a sign of that "uppa-class" lifestyle as it means you can afford to visit tanning booths, go to the beach, go out on a boat, and lay out because you don't have to work inside at the local food/retail joint, etc.  Or both.  A tan (or even a burn) is a way for lower socioeconomic groups and the uneducated to signify they have money/leisure time. 

• Love 24
On 12/4/2017 at 9:32 PM, pheebs said:

Ryan with glasses kinda looks hot. (What has gotten into me?) 

small, ashamed voice: Same. 

I've thought Ryan was physically very attractive since seeing him on the first season of TM. I've mentioned before he looked like my hubby- tall, athletic build, dark eyes, dark hair that's going premature gray. My husband could almost pass for Ryan's (sober, smarter, less-douchey, functional adult) brother. Ryan is definitely my physical type (but obviously, everyone has different physical types - younger/pre-pilled-out Ryan ticked all the boxes for me.)

Recently, I'd really thought he'd destroyed his looks with the pillses.  But he was looking kinda good to me again in that clip, no lie... I'm ashamed to admit, if I was single.....I still would.   I'd be game for meeting him at the Food Lion. LOL.  He'd have to not say much, though, & you best believe it would be safe. Also, he'd have to go home right after because I already have two small children and chihuahuas I take care of and I damn sure ain't mothering another person even for a minute. He'd have to dress himself and help himself to his own glass of water if he was thirsty like a big boy then be on his way.  I wouldn't even sell him out to the tabloids...although I might have to share it here, LOL.  (hangs head is embarrassment for admitting this all "out loud")

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

There's still an amazing disregard for sun safety among, how should I say it nicely?.....uneducated white people in the US. I am extremely fair skinned and was ridiculed as a kid in my working class neighborhood because my mom made me wear sunscreen (kids told me "eww gross you always smell like sunscreen") & because my mom followed the pediatrician's recommendation that I avoid staying in the sun too long between 10am-2pm (which most dermatologists recommend to basically all white people). It was rough as a kid.  Even today people from lower-socio-economic backgrounds will remark about "how white" I am and how I "need to go get a tan/spend time with them outside to tan" or ask "why don't you ever go outside/go in the sun" or tell me I need to go to a tanning both.  It's really bind-boggling when I think about it....no one in their right mind would ever ask a dark-skinned black person "why are you so dark?" without catching flack but people have no qualms about asking why us very fair-skinned white people are sooo white (and obviously the connotation here is that being very fair is viewed as a bad thing).  (BTW it's only ever been white people who have commented on "how white" or "how pale" I am.)

I always want to say "No bitch, I CANNOT TAN. No, not even in a tanning booth. I only burn. Then freckle. So I try to follow my dermatologists's orders. My ancestors are from northern Europe where the sun's rays are less intense so I can't take the sun."  When they are aghast that I don't tan or don't burn then tan (which is what most of them do, which also damages skin even if you tan after), I've just started to say "well, I'm very white and cannot tan because that's how Jesus made me." Because in the south and Middle America, ain't no one gonna say shit about Jesus. Ha.

Sorry for the rant...in any case, most of these people know nothing about good sun protection practices and see a burn (which will likely eventually tan) as a sign of that "uppa-class" lifestyle as it means you can afford to visit tanning booths, go to the beach, go out on a boat, lat out because you don't have to work at the local food/retail joint, etc.  Or both.  A tan (or even a burn) is a way for lower socioeconomic groups and the uneducated to signify they have money/leisure. 

just think of how lovely your skin is going to look when you're older....as opposed to me with my already-spotted décolletage from a mis-spent youth using BABY OIL as a tanning agent!!!!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, teapot said:

just think of how lovely your skin is going to look when you're older....as opposed to me with my already-spotted décolletage from a mis-spent youth using BABY OIL as a tanning agent!!!!

Fellow baby oil user here!  So so dumb, but I always had a great tan.  Of course I regret it now, and I worry all the time that I will end up dying from skin cancer from the stupidity of my youth.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

There's still an amazing disregard for sun safety among, how should I say it nicely?.....uneducated white people in the US. I am extremely fair skinned and was ridiculed as a kid in my working class neighborhood because my mom made me wear sunscreen (kids told me "eww gross you always smell like sunscreen") & because my mom followed the pediatrician's recommendation that I avoid staying in the sun too long between 10am-2pm (which most dermatologists recommend to basically all white people). It was rough as a kid.  Even today people from lower-socio-economic backgrounds will remark about "how white" I am and how I "need to go get a tan/spend time with them outside to tan" or ask "why don't you ever go outside/go in the sun" or tell me I need to go to a tanning both.  It's really bind-boggling when I think about it....no one in their right mind would ever ask a dark-skinned black person "why are you so dark?" without catching flack but people have no qualms about asking why us very fair-skinned white people are sooo white (and obviously the connotation here is that being very fair is viewed as a bad thing).  (BTW it's only ever been white people who have commented on "how white" or "how pale" I am.)

Sorry for the rant...in any case, most of these people know nothing about good sun protection practices and see a burn (which will likely eventually tan) as a sign of that "uppa-class" lifestyle as it means you can afford to visit tanning booths, go to the beach, go out on a boat, lat out because you don't have to work at the local food/retail joint, etc.  Or both.  A tan (or even a burn) is a way for lower socioeconomic groups and the uneducated to signify they have money/leisure. 

THIS! For Days. I wish I could use the "Jesus made me this way line" but then I'd probably get into trouble for talking about religion in the classroom! However, damn, that's a really good line!

As some of you know, I live in SoCal (really close to the beach), teach high school, am a redhead &  have blue/green eyes. #PaleAssForLifeAndProudOfIt

I have had more students (both white and non-white) comment on my pale skin than I can count (my dad's from Belfast & my mom's Scottish by way of Nova Scotia). If I had a penny for every time a student asked me "Have you ever been to the beach?", I would be loaded. (For the record, I spent my summers at the beach or the public swimming pool, but I was also coated in sunblock since I was 2.) When I worked as a nanny during the summer in high school/college, all the moms wanted ME to apply the sunblock to their kids because they knew I'd never miss a single spot!

I get lines like "why are you so white?" a lot and trying to explain the reason why I'm naturally pale is a lost cause. Of course skin cancer is only a myth as well, so that's lost of them too.

The uneducated kiddos I am with every day don't even know they're being rude, so I can't even be offended. Most people simply think that spending time in the sun = instant tan. Or, you have the morons that get burned and say "it'll turn to a tan in a few days."  

True story: I had a student leave class early one day for a water polo game. The heat was intense was that day, and the temps were scorching, but don't forget that's "normal" for March in SoCal (because global warming isn't real - heehee). I asked the student if she had any sunblock with her; she didn't. I told her to hang on for a minute so I could grab one of the cans of sunblock I keep in there at all times, and handed it to her. (Insert your own image of a teenager looking at an adult like they're officially nuts) I told her to use as much as needed and if anyone else needed it, it was theirs because I didn't need it back. She came from an "educated family", but clearly they failed to educate her about playing sports (in the water or not) and the need for sunblock! These parents are all freaked out about gluten and dairy and vaccines, but don't even think about sunblock! WTF?!?!?! Blows my mind. 

It sucks that my "signature fragrance" is Hawaiian Tropic SPF 50 almost year round, but honest to God, I look ten years younger than I really am because I'm so diligent about daily sunblock use. My colleagues actually made me show them my driver's license because they didn't believe me when my age came up! (Please excuse the humble brag, but it really did happen!)

Edited by Bridget
content
  • Love 13

I feel bad for Bentley if he ever watches this. When Taylor says that he's Bentley's father, um , no your not. There's no shame in being a stepparent and saying that you're his stepfather. I think the budlight has affected his thought process. And even though Ryan is a shitty father, he's still his father. Is Taylor gonna tell Bentley that he's his father? I think not. But it's ok to love Bentley like a father loves his son. Ryan needs to get his shit together before Bentley stops loving him like a son that loves his father. What a mess that drugs and alcohol created.

• Love 13