Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

CooperTV
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, webruce said:

It was cute how Baker put it to Garrett and Sid.

Watching that made me want a scene with Baker, Garrett and Sid alone talking about their jobs and their boss. There's a meeting and Frank is late (but I'm open to other ways of making this scene happen). 

• Love 2

I love that Baker wanted to talk to Sid and Garrett first before approaching Frank about the job offer. And I love that Sid calls her "Abby" since I've never heard anyone call her that. I agree that it definitely would be nice to see more of the three of them together!

• Love 2

That would be nice to see a kind of "behind the scenes" of the staff of 1 PP.  Show how it is run, or at-least what the 3 think of things.

On 12/14/2017 at 0:00 AM, jaimesommers said:

I love that Baker wanted to talk to Sid and Garrett first before approaching Frank about the job offer. And I love that Sid calls her "Abby" since I've never heard anyone call her that. I agree that it definitely would be nice to see more of the three of them together!

• Love 1
On 12/13/2017 at 10:18 PM, Sarah 103 said:

Watching that made me want a scene with Baker, Garrett and Sid alone talking about their jobs and their boss.

There was a scene with them last year with the 3 trying to hide something from Frank which I adored so I was happy we got another one here.  They are certainly his "work children." 

• Love 1

The sloppy writing hacks were at it again here. Re the dashcam: Lugo was smart enough to smash the camera but leave the SD card in it, but they could only get a single frame off it? Sorry, that's not how it it works. The better way would have been for Danny to come down from the truck saying "this genius had the same idea--he smashed the camera. But wasn't smart enough to pull the memory card. Proof positive that crime makes you stupid." Use that, solve the case that way. No way any good police is going to use the vic as bait like that. What if, after Lugo gets popped, he sends a message to an underling to whack the driver and his whole family? How'd Danny feel if that happened?

Any detective worth his or her salt wouldn't hesitate to use (legal) deception to get a confession. But once again, they violate Dectetive-101: you don't bring the suspect in for an interview until you've got a solid case and are ready to lay a charge regardless if he talks or not. But that's probably not good TV. Shit, borrow from real life, get a search warrant for his phone, and track his location. In many areas you can get legal accuracy within 7 yards. Get him to admit he was "in the area" and that's enough for an arrest warrant. Also that warrant will apply to phone numbers called and a record of sent and received texts. You pop an 18-wheeler and you're going to be making arrangements to sell the trailer contents, and so on. They mightn't have gotten him on assault causing bodily harm or attempted murder, but they sure as hell could have collared him for the hijacking.

Re the PA warrant. Dear ghods. You're a prosecutor up for election in a rural community. You hear about this guy's plight, learn his involvement was peripheral at most, but find out he saved three women in NYC. You don't go hardass on a charge that would at most get the guy a few months in the county lockup (at worst), you hail the hometown hero, swallow the charge and give him a damned parade back home. In fact, in the last pre-Christmas show, it could have been better if written this way: Play the hardass, insist on personally coming down to oversee the "extradition" and bring along local TV crews, family, etc, to deliver the good news that all's forgiven.

I like Baker, and wish she'd have more to do on the show. What they should have done to end the episode is have Frank offer her any other squad in the city for which she qualifies as a Detective Second, and for which there's an opening. Make it her choice 100%. Or give her the option to stay if she wants. She's earned the right to write her own ticket. If Abigail Hawk was a few years older, I'd even say have her leave, then pick her up next season as a romantic interest for Frank (i.e. with her no longer Frank's immediate subordinate), but with the age differential and the target audience of the show, I don't think that would work. She's definitely underused, though.

Could they please give Jack and Sean something intelligent to do on the show? They had one episode as something more than a Greek Chorus at dinner and now these teenagers suddenly without a mother are back to being TV-land well adjusted kids with no real opinions on anything.

• Love 1

Baez is supposed to be a great detective even though all we ever see is her following Danny around. Danny is not her keeper.  He’s a little arrogant at blaming himself for not protecting her. 

Question- she got deathly ill due  to on the job exposure... why wasn’t Frank Reagan at the hospital? Why weren’t any of her fellow detectives and officers at the hospital? She was in a coma for almost a week. Where was everyone? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3

I think it would be insulting for Frank to say that Baker was only being offered a job because of her associations.   Now, to say that in addition to getting a great employee, the guy was getting an in with 1PP, that would be ok.  Then Baker can determine why she was offered a job herself.  

When a journalist disappears while working on an exposé about an innocent man serving time for murder, Danny and Baez hope that re-examining the original case will help them find her.

For the first half of the show, it felt like a rerun. It was like I'd seen all of this before. The second half was a definite improvement. I liked Jamie's story during dinner, but I wished they had found a way to work him into one of the plotlines this week. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I liked Jamie's story during dinner, but I wished they had found a way to work him into one of the plotlines this week. 

I had thought the exact same thing: his story was a lot more interesting where I was like "I actually wished we saw a bit of that.' 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, rhys said:

The drivel about Frank seemed to go nowhere. What has happened to this show?

It felt like there was a deleted scene with his plot. I wished we had seen a press conference where he has to clarify his views on drugs. 

3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

I had thought the exact same thing: his story was a lot more interesting where I was like "I actually wished we saw a bit of that.' 

I agree. With two super serious plotlines, it would have been great to have something silly and funny that still fit the overall theme/topic. 

• Love 1

After Anthony is shot while interviewing a witness for an upcoming murder trial, Erin enlists Anthony's archenemy, Danny, to find out who was responsible. Also, Jamie and Eddie get in the middle of a standoff between a police lieutenant and a developmentally disabled man posing as an officer, and Nicky prepares to take the police exam.

• Love 1

Can the family please pool their money together and send Danny on a  long vacation somewhere with no human interaction? It's pretty insulting that Anthony wants his daughter to be just like Erin and makes it known to his ex wife, now I see why she divorced him. Jamie and Eddie's flirting is just boring, move on writers. The show's lame attempt at dealing with social issues shows just how out of touch the writers are with reality. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 4

Nicky, as written, shouldn't be a cop.  She has no real life experience (at least Jamie went to college and studied law and Danny was in the military), she thinks she can fix everything by speaking and she has no filter on what she says.  She couldn't have even handled the situation Jamie had with Billy without a 20 minute dinner table type debate with the supervisor over the pros and cons to prove why she's right.

Hopefully she either fails the exam or somebody gets her to look at other career paths - if she doesn't want to be a lawyer she could be a forensic technician or fo into computer forensics, be a victim advocate, even a social worker (not law but still helping people).  With most of those at least her mouth wouldn't get her in as much trouble and it would be far better than the writers forcing us to watch her go through training and walking a beat as a rookie.

Whether real life or fiction I don't say this much, I think it shouldn't be used lightly but..........Edie should have gone straight to HR or the union rep or whoever handles these things and claimed sexual harassment.  If Jamie had a male partner the supervisor would never had said he was Jamie's boyfriend sticking up for him, that comment was pretty dismissive in a "you're just a women, I don't take you're opinion seriously, you're probably saying that because you want him" sort of way.  Not that the writers aren't trying to make Edie and Jamie happen, they are, but the comment was still out of line.

• Love 6

This was actually an OK episode and above average for this season though only because of the Erin and Anthony story. Jamie and Eddie were tolerable when they were interacting with the special needs police buff guy, and I wish they spent more time on that instead of repeating the UST thing for the millionth time. It was even worse than usual this week both because they spent so much time on it and because of the painful contrast with Erin and Anthony. You really shouldn't try to ram a ship down the viewers throats while at the same time showing us two much better actors with better chemistry and an naturally developing story line. I can't help but feel that the Nicky story is just about making sure they can keep repeating the same stories and have options in case any of the cast wants to leave/cut back. Maybe if she becomes a cop they can finally let Jamie move on? Frank and the Explorer Post was just a mess - boring, no real substance, and frankly insulting to what is a pretty good program that is not just about listening to presentations. I am familiar with the program and at least in upstate NY there was a lot of exposure to the practical elements of the job and meeting those in the field. Danny was tolerable this week in a mindless fun sort of way although would it kill them to show him maybe hesitating a bit before charging in ahead of ESU and acting like he was in video game? I mean the first few episodes were all about the trauma of losing Linda and then they just went right back to normal as if nothing had changed. I know this is formulaic procedural "comfort food" television, but other shows manage to keep the same basic formula while having at least some character growth and change. It's particularly important with this sort of show as given the premise it's not like you can easily replace main characters when things get stale and viewers start getting bored.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, wknt3 said:

Frank and the Explorer Post was just a mess - boring, no real substance, and frankly insulting to what is a pretty good program that is not just about listening to presentations.

What is the Explorer program?  If it's for kids who are interested in being cops, why did nobody raise their hand when Frank asked "Who wants to be a cop?"

• Love 3
7 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Nicky, as written, shouldn't be a cop.  She has no real life experience (at least Jamie went to college and studied law and Danny was in the military).

I agree with most of this. Nicky should not be a cop. I just can't see it. The only one this makes any sense at all if is they plan to give Nicky the cop on the beat storylines so they can promote Jamie. The part I disagree with is the experience question. Before the police academy Jamie went to college and law school. Nicky will be going in with a college degree. It's not a drastically different experience table. 

Also, I'm really bad at math, but wouldn't Nicky have been old enough to go to Joe's funeral? She would already know about the risks/dark side. It's not like she would have been a little kid. I'm pretty sure she would have been old enough to understand what had happened and what it meant. 

I second @Magnumfangirl's question. What exactly is the Explorer program and how did the show get it wrong?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Magnumfangirl said:

What is the Explorer program?  If it's for kids who are interested in being cops, why did nobody raise their hand when Frank asked "Who wants to be a cop?"

To (over)simplify the Explorer program is a co-ed program of the Boy Scouts of America that allows young people to explore various career fields. More info here http://www.exploring.org/law-enforcement/ I am guessing nobody raised their hands because they hadn't heard the Gospel of Reagan. And because unlike the real life Explorer Posts I was familiar with as a Boy Scout they seemed to spend all their time listening to lectures from the brass instead of visiting the crime lab, doing ride alongs, watching demos of police equipment, and participating in various community service programs with LEOs of all ranks and only Frank Reagan happened to notice.

Edited by wknt3
autocorrect fail
  • Love 4
Just now, Sarah 103 said:

I agree with most of this. Nicky should not be a cop. I just can't see it. The only one this makes any sense at all if is they plan to give Nicky the cop on the beat storylines so they can promote Jamie. The part I disagree with is the experience question. Before the police academy Jamie went to college and law school. Nicky will be going in with a college degree. It's not a drastically different experience table. 

Also, I'm really bad at math, but wouldn't Nicky have been old enough to go to Joe's funeral? She would already know about the risks/dark side. It's not like she would have been a little kid. I'm pretty sure she would have been old enough to understand what had happened and what it meant. 

OK this is weird but I actually forgot Nicky went to college - I don't know if it's that they didn't highlight it enough (I do remember several episodes picking it and a couple set there) or what but..............In that case is it just me or does that make it worse because I feel like for someone who is either final year or has graduated from college (did we see her graduate; what is her degree by the way?) she should be waaaay more adult and aware than she is.  I think I brushed her college experience away because she still looks and, more importantly acts, like a high school girl.

She would have been old enough to go to Uncle Joe's funeral - in the official timeline she would have been 12 1/2 when he died.  And she's seen Danny and Jamie beaten and bruised more than once plus her own Mother was shot in a courtroom - I don't doubt she knows the risks but the way she acts I doubt she thinks the risks apply to her, she's very outspoken, strident and argumentative and just comes across to me as a character that doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut and believes she's right in every situation and can just argue and debate her way out of it.  I guess it's I've never fully hated the character but the idea of her, the way she's currently written, going into police academy seems wrong 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

OK this is weird but I actually forgot Nicky went to college - I don't know if it's that they didn't highlight it enough (I do remember several episodes picking it and a couple set there) or what but..............In that case is it just me or does that make it worse because I feel like for someone who is either final year or has graduated from college (did we see her graduate; what is her degree by the way?) she should be waaaay more adult and aware than she is.  

I guess it's I've never fully hated the character but the idea of her, the way she's currently written, going into police academy seems wrong 

I know Nicky's at Columbia University and since I couldn't remember when she started, I looked it up for you. She's currently a junior. As far as I know, they have not revealed her major. I totally agree with you that the way they've written her having her be a police officer doesn't make sense. 

Also, I love that everybody at the 12th is basically just "get a room, request new partners, and be a couple already" to Eddie and Jamie (maybe not in that order). 

• Love 2

I love Jamie and Eddie’s relationship, but I see it as work partners who have become great friends who enjoy teasing and flirting with each other. I hope they don’t cross over into an actual romantic relationship because I like it the way it is. (I’m probably the only one who thinks this but that’s OK.) 

• Love 3

Yes, Nicky is not cop material - for any of the reasons listed above. And I do remember the episode where she was allowed to go on the beat with Jaimie and Eddie and made a complete mess of things. Also: would it hurt that show to have one family member who's not in law enforcement at the table now that Rita's gone? Of course if they plan to finally kick Jaimie up the career ladder and therefore need Nicky for the beat cop plots I'm not complaining about the idea - weird as it is. But I wish the writers would finally cancel the launch of the USS Eddie & Jaimie.

Things I liked: Baez talking about her tiki bar. It was a rare moment of giving the character some personality. Anthony dragging Cinderella into the 21th century was golden, not to mention telling his daughter: 'Don't wave to him' when Danny left.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Things I liked: Baez talking about her tiki bar. It was a rare moment of giving the character some personality. Anthony dragging Cinderella into the 21th century was golden, not to mention telling his daughter: 'Don't wave to him' when Danny left.

I loved that Baez had this whole grand plan for her future, even if it is more fantasy than reality. I thought it was kind of sad that Danny didn't allow himself the same. I thought he'd at least mention grandchildren or seeing his sons grow up to be happy. Anthony creating a feminist fairytale was wonderful. 

• Love 3

I like Anthony. I however don’t want to see him in a relationship with Erin  until Erin can treat him as an equal. She doesn’t. She also showed him little respect on the scene where she said he shouldn’t have gone alone. He’s a cop, not a clerk.  

Nicky could be a defense attorney.  

• Love 2

I loved that Baez had this whole grand plan for her future, even if it is more fantasy than reality. I thought it was kind of sad that Danny didn't allow himself the same.

Danny is still in mourning mode, but at least he said that he wouldn't mind showing up at Baez's bar (which is a bar I wouldn't mind going to either.  Tiki bar? Puerto Rican food?  Hell, I would invest in it!) 

I like Anthony and that he eggs Danny on a bit.  What I don't like is setting him up to be fully smitten with Erin when she doesn't see in that way and I can see why the ex is all "MEH" towards her. 

Jamko needs to STAPH already.  "Between the sheets?" In my day, Beverly Hills 90210 called that game "in bed."  

• Love 2

I imagine that if Nicky decides to become a cop, she'll get the attitude adjustment she needs in the academy.  Or, she won't, and she'll end up quitting/not making it.  The part I didn't like about the episode was that apparently Erin pretended to want to be a cop and had her mom forbid it for her.  That doesn't seem like the Erin we know, but then again, she would have been a lot younger back then and people change.

11 hours ago, mtlchick said:

Jamko needs to STAPH already.  "Between the sheets?" In my day, Beverly Hills 90210 called that game "in bed."  

What is STAPH? I have a theory on why it's "Between the sheets." Either the writers room on this show is older than most shows or because they know the show's audience skews older, they write more to that demographic even if it's dialogue for the younger characters. 

Since Nicky has been the mouthpiece for a flaky liberal point of view since she showed up (one who needed to be patted on the head when she was proved wrong/corrected), it really is out of character for her to say: I'm going to the Academy! I want to be a cop!

Of course, she is the apple of Frank's eye, and knows this would please him, but there's been no foreshadowing/hinting why this would happen. She never has discussed her career plans with anyone (I assume Danny's boys will follow in the family biz without question...though the one threatened to become a firefighter).

There was no trigger for Nicky to do this: they COULD have used her kidnapping as something that caused her to need to protect/be protected, or had her take a real adult interest in a case and how it is solved. She's clearly intelligent (enough to get into Columbia), and if she's suddenly interested in law enforcement, you might think they'd encourage her to do graduate work and try for the feds. (Except we know how Reagans feel about the useless FBI...)

12 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

Since Nicky has been the mouthpiece for a flaky liberal point of view since she showed up (one who needed to be patted on the head when she was proved wrong/corrected), it really is out of character for her to say: I'm going to the Academy! I want to be a cop!

Yes! This is exactly my problem. It seems so out of character for her to suddenly change. I wouldn't describe Nicky as flaky, just young. Jamie is also liberal, but he seems smarter, although that could just be because he's older and more experienced.  

On January 15, 2018 at 0:06 AM, mythoughtis said:

Nicky could be a defense attorney.  

The way she tends to speak up for victims, if she goes to law school what about putting her in the public defender's office? It seems more in keeping with her character and who she is. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kwnyc said:

and if she's suddenly interested in law enforcement, you might think they'd encourage her to do graduate work and try for the feds. (Except we know how Reagans feel about the useless FBI...)

I don't know about real life, but every TV show I've seen the cops hate the feds and vice versa.  I've never really figured out why.  Who cares who has jurisdiction?  Isn't the point supposed to be to stop crime and catch the bad guys?  Not worry about whose in charge and who gets credit?

1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

The way she tends to speak up for victims, if she goes to law school what about putting her in the public defender's office? It seems more in keeping with her character and who she is. 

I think that would be the perfect choice for her character.  And, except for the fact that I can't see the show lasting long enough for her to finish up college and then go to law school, pass the bar, and start working, that would make for some even more interesting family dinners.

• Love 1

First of all, when Lauren Goodwin jumped out her window and "hit' the sidewalk, the thud did sound like a hollow melon(head)hitting. I went wow that was different but it did sound real. I can see kinda why Ethan Goodwin would lie to protect his daughter. But Jessica Guimond's life wasn't one to give up to protect Lauren. But when Danny and Baez were at her apt, I don't think she really would have killed Jessica. She didn't even want to shoot at the detectives. I guess I am not clear on the original murder. Was it a family member that got murdered? Even though it is now a hollow victory it was nice that Ethan was exonerated. Danny was to quick to think the case could have come out any other way.

Didn't like Jack getting beat when he confronted the note dropper.

Frank watching Frank on tv wanting to legalize use of drugs was an interesting scene. Not sure how Colin Taylor could fake it so convincingly. Sid, Baker and Garrett talked about how easy it is today to fake it. So then why when you see lip syncing on tv, sometimes you can tell it isn't right?? So after Erin talked to her dad and then at the dinner scene, he seems to have soften his thoughts on illegal drugs? Was nice to see Drs' Lee and Brian Mcbyrnes make up at the end and no one was shot. Even though at first Brian didn't really care.  Also Erin and Anthony disagreeing on things is also a good thing at times.

Family was talking (my house) so I didn't get to hear Jamie's table talk. Will have to rewatch end.

Edited by webruce
forgotten thought--remembered.
23 hours ago, Katy M said:

except for the fact that I can't see the show lasting long enough for her to finish up college and then go to law school, pass the bar, and start working, that would make for some even more interesting family dinners.

If the show lasted 4 or 5 more seasons, it's possible (especially because it doesn't seem like anyone on this series has a big movie career that the show is interfering with). If Nicky came into college with AP credits from high school and took classes during the summer (both of which are possible,) she could graduate in three years, which would make next season (season 9) her final year of college (she'd graduate after three years). Three years of law school would mean she would be done at the end of Season 12. She could take the bar off screen between Season 12 and Season 13, and start off Season 13 as a public defender.

Part of the reason I suggested public defender is that I thought it was more in keeping with who she was and would make family dinners much more interesting.

It would be fun to have her completely mess up her first case (because it's her first case and people make mistakes), and then at Sunday dinner have each adult talk about a mistake early on in their career. Frank's words of wisdom would be something like, what you learn from the mistake is what's important. 

• Love 1

Hmmm how can we get these explorer scouts more interested in becoming police officers? I got it! Let’s get a real police officer from off the streets, and have him give a talk to the scouts. But which officer? So many to choose from, but why not go with officer who is on suspension for disobeying a direct order and calling his captain a jackass in front of his men. That would be perfect!

And it worked too! All the kids were excited to join the NYPD once the officer explained to them that they can ignore any orders they disagreed with because "it's the right thing to do".

Frank must be so proud.

• Love 6

It is in the blood of in the Reagan family. Hence the title I take it. And really it is the right thing to do despite wanting to ignore orders. As they have to follow it.

Really the captain was a jerk. But yeah they should not had called him a who know what. As really Jamie and Eddie hope they get together. But the captain was out of line

BTW really sick and tired of Danny's holier than thou attitude. He is a sexist, macho, at times racist pig. Wished Bentz told him off.

• Love 1

When Henry is the key witness on Danny and Baez's case, his meddling pushes Danny's buttons until he leads them to valuable information. Also, Nicky shocks her family by siding with her activist friend, Chrissie, who defaced the NYPD flag at One Police Plaza, and Jamie and Eddie learn a parole officer is taking advantage of his power over parolees.

• Love 1

Upside: Grandpappy Reagan had something to do!

Downside and then some: you know, despite the rage some have towards Nicky, I figured "she's a kid, who thinks who know it all, growing pains, etc."  Tonight I finally felt it. Let me get this straight: a fellow student who pulled a hate crime ON HERSELF, approaches up to you to be your friend, and despite any normal person probably thinking this "yeah no, I'll pass" or at least vet them to make sure they won't pull that kind of stunt again,  Nicky says "Sure! Ok! And I'll even get you in with my grandpa to meet with him!"  Especially when he was already considered persona non grata at the school 2 years ago. 

"You're taking this personally."  So we're going to forget that Nicky just took the police exam last week, show?  Either the writers hate her that much or she is really that stupid.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, mtlchick said:

"You're taking this personally."  So we're going to forget that Nicky just took the police exam last week, show?  Either the writers hate her that much or she is really that stupid.  

I think it's probably a little of the first, but mostly a third option you didn't mention - "the writers are really that stupid." Or at least they are paid to be. It was pretty clear that this was one of those episodes that was pushing an agenda, namely that anyone who doesn't worship police is a wack job who is incapable of acting appropriately and will most likely get involved with criminal activity. And that college students are all selfish spoiled liberal brats. I seriously don't think they really put much thought into the writing beyond "hey can we get antifa in there a couple more times' and "we need to show just how wise and understanding Frank is and how everyone else falls short of his standard either being too trusting (Nicky, Garrett) or too vindictive (Sid) so we should just all do what he says. As far as continuity is concerned that ship has sailed. Apparently they believe that viewers will forget or just don't care.

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 3

Is it possible that they switched episodes? This plot (despite all its problems) could somehow serve as an explanation for Nicky's decision to take the exam. Baez had a couple of good lines - but that was about the only remarkable thing about this episode. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 1

Is it possible that they switched episodes?

They are being aired in order.  The hit and run scene was shot at the end of November.  Nicky leaving the exam location from the previous episode filmed 2 weeks before.  

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 2

I like that Baez realizes that Danny is Henry's mini-me, even if Danny won't admit it.  Jamie looks great in that leather jacket, and I enjoyed his storyline. It makes me wonder what Frank was like when he was in Jamie's position.

I don't hate Nicky as a character, but I do her frustrating. The writers need to find a characterization and stick to it. If they want to show she's turned a corner and is now thinking seriously about becoming a police officer, I'm on board for that storyline, but this week undoes that. 

I'm also annoyed that Jack and Sean are totally neglected. Why is Nicky the only grandchild who gets to have storylines? The boys are both in high school, the writers could do some interesting stories with them. 

This show has always been conservative, and that's fine, but it feels like the show has become more conservative over the past year or two. Did they get new writers or do you think it's something esle? 

• Love 2

The show did go against type by the corrupt parole officer storyline- but otherwise, it’s pretty conservative. Also often too preachy.

One bad writing comment.  What woman is going to leave her car on a big city street with the windows rolled down and her purse inside? When Mrs. hit and run victim was told by Danny to get out of her car and come with him, that’s exactly what she did. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Note that the episode that completely disregarded what happened just one week ago (Nicky taking the exam) was titled "Forgetting history." Fitting.

My ghods, they write these things for viewers with room temperature IQs. Every damned week not only does Reagan think he's the brightest bulb in the array, but he nonsensically brings in the suspect for questioning without any evidence whatsoever. Whaddya expect a perp to say "OK, that's a fair cop. I done it?" Gaah.

On 1/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, Sarah 103 said:

This show has always been conservative, and that's fine, but it feels like the show has become more conservative over the past year or two. Did they get new writers or do you think it's something esle? 

I think it's become less conservative over the last couple of seasons, but I think the real difference is something else.  In recent seasons, they have tried to cram in every political buzzword and issue imaginable and it's gotten sort of ridiculous.  In the real world, every crime or police action is not political.  Sometimes, crime just happens and cops just figure out who dun it and catch them.  Why can't they get back to some of those kind of stories?

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Magnumfangirl said:

I think it's become less conservative over the last couple of seasons, but I think the real difference is something else.  In recent seasons, they have tried to cram in every political buzzword and issue imaginable and it's gotten sort of ridiculous.  In the real world, every crime or police action is not political.  Sometimes, crime just happens and cops just figure out who dun it and catch them.  Why can't they get back to some of those kind of stories?

We'll have to agree to disagree about whether or not the show has become more conservative. I will agree with you that they have started to use more political buzzwords and work in more current issues.

I'll admit I'm not 100% up on the latest language protestors use, but Chrissie's rant struck me as something out of touch writers would think a twentysomething activist would say. It's sort of the modern version of the hippies on Mod Squad or the 1968 version of Dragnet

• Love 2

Glad I’m not the only one confused by Nicky’s actions in this episode. And surprised that frank didn’t say a word to her about becoming a cop when she said he wa taking it personally. Like maybe ask if she’s sure this is the right career for her if she cant understand why he wa so upset by that girl’s actions. And questioned her judgment when she acknowledged that this girl faked a hate crime against herself! 

Freedom of expression is all well and good but that was defacing public property. There are plenty of ways to protest/express your opinion without resorting to destructive behavior. See Dr. Martin Luther KIng Jr.

• Love 2