Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I read a TPB of old-school Thanos stories. Drax and Gamora spent years in the Soul Stone . . . so her being alive in some form isn’t out of the question.

Last week, I asked a Facebook friend when Tony and Stephen met in comics. His answer: There was no official first team up. I would think Marvel would jump on that, given the similarities I listed in my question.

The reason they never teamed up except for like team crossovers like the Avengers and Defenders or big event crossovers is because they of how different they are, at least in terms of concepts. It would be like Robocop teaming up with Harry Potter.  The Iron Man comic dealt with the Cold War and adversaries based mostly on technology with a more grounded tone.

2011-11-11_185503_Iron_Man_proprotions.J

Yeah, you had the Mandarin but even he was just a guy whose power derived from alien rings, so there was a "scientific" explanation. Doctor Strange was full on magic with spells and enemies that were evil wizards and other dimension beings and were full of trippy, psychedelic visuals:

dr-strange-steveditko_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq

Edited by VCRTracking
(edited)

I was re-watching Guardians of the Galaxy last night and had the sudden (and obvious) realization that since Thanos has the Power Stone which was secured by Nova Corp, that he likely killed all the people there like he did on Knowhere. It is very sad. 

Also, I remembered to mention that it was odd that Benicio del Toro wasn't playing The Collector in Infinity War.

I want to re-watch Infinity War, but will likely wait until the Blu-Ray. I can't wait to re-watch Black Panther on Blu-Ray.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I was re-watching Guardians of the Galaxy last night and had the sudden (and obvious) realization that since Thanos has the Power Stone which was secured by Nova Corp, that he likely killed all the people there like he did on Knowhere. It is very sad. 

Yeah, there was a reaction shot to the Guardians when Thor told them about Xandar.

5 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Also, I remembered to mention that it was odd that Benicio del Toro wasn't playing The Collector in Infinity War.

That was Benicio del Toro as the Collector in Infinity War(or technically Thanos recreating him with the Reality Stone).

• Love 2
1 minute ago, VCRTracking said:

That was Benicio del Toro as the Collector in Infinity War(or technically Thanos recreating him with the Reality Stone).

Wait, that was him? Okay, I am going to have to a careful re-watch. There was so much going on in Infinity War. 

Poor Xandarians, destroyed after all they sacrificed to keep the stone from Ronan and Thanos. 

• Love 3

So this was good.  Some thoughts:

-Thanos was awesome and Josh Brolin gave a really good performance.

-Thor was also a highlight.

-Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch had strong showings as well.

-I HATED everything that they did with Gamora in this film, it was by far my least favorite element of it.

-Starlord is an idiot.

-Call me cynical, but I didn't that emotionally invested in the ending.  On it's own it's a well-done sequence sure, but it's tempered by knowing already that most of it isn't going to stick (especially with WHO was affected and who was not).

-The Black Order was a mixed bag.  Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian were cool, Corvus Glaive was meh, and WOW did they nerf Proxima Midnight to a pathetic degree.

-Valkyrie needs to show up in the next film.

-The post-credit scene was a nice tease.

All in all, I give it an 8.5/10 right now.

• Love 2

Red Skull is played by The Walking Dead's Ross Marquand (Aaron)

Along with Danai Gurira, that is two TWD alums in the movie, hopefully more good things come for both of them.

6 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I thought of that when they mentioned Xandar in the movie.  The ending of GotG will be a little bittersweet for me now.  We'll always have the dance-off though.

• Love 2

So, that line that Rocket had in the original Guardians about how "he doesn't have that long a lifespan anyway", and his line to Thor about how he has things to lose in their latest crazy mission are both super depressing in hindsight, considering he is the last regular Guardian alive as of now. The whole rest of his team/family are dead now. Wont that be a fun conversation when Nebula and Tony get to Earth? 

Yeah they'll almost certainly come back, but the characters dont know that. 

Also, the funny line Dr. Strange about Tony's ice cream flavor being "chalky" was probably foreshadowing the end, with half the universe, including Strange, turning into chalky dust. 

2 minutes ago, raven said:

I thought of that when they mentioned Xandar in the movie.  The ending of GotG will be a little bittersweet for me now.  We'll always have the dance-off though.

That made me sad too. The Guardians, especially Peter, all looked quite horrified when Thor mentioned that. 

• Love 6

I'm a Guardians apologist so I think that it was necessary for Quill to screw up the "remove the gauntlet" plan, going by Strange saying "there was no other way".

Maybe in the other iterations, Tony and Peter do remove the glove BUT Thanos wakes up, swings and kills Tony; or maybe kills Peter, Tony retaliates and then Tony is killed.  Even without the Power Stone, Thanos is still stronger than everyone else and Tony's armor was pretty damaged IIRC.  My guess is Tony is integral to defeating Thanos; Strange gave up the Time Stone to save him after all.

I hope it is addressed at any rate.

• Love 5

Losing his cool was a stupid move on Quills part but it's perfectly in character for him. We saw him do the same thing in Guardians 2 when he found out Ego killed Meredith. There was no way he wasn't going to have that kind of reaction.

• Love 13

The thing that really got me about the "dusting" is that, after all the noisy battles and hoopla, the characters start to disappear in an eeire quiet-I think we just hear thunder in the background-while others look on in stunned disbelief.

Everything just.....stops...

• Love 14
On 4/30/2018 at 6:01 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"This will be the end of Wakanda."

"Then it will be the most noble, glorious ending in history."

No joke, I got a lump in my throat when she said that. The delivery, her face...it was perfection. As long as Okoye believes Wakanda ends on a noble note, then I will be okay. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Losing his cool was a stupid move on Quills part but it's perfectly in character for him. We saw him do the same thing in Guardians 2 when he found out Ego killed Meredith. There was no way he wasn't going to have that kind of reaction.

Oh, I agree it's totally in character.  I just also hope it ends up being necessary. Someone needs to screw up to save the universe, lol.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

If it makes you feel any better Thanos probably 'only' killed half of them ... So at least they still came out ahead of what Ronan wanted to do to them.

• Love 4

I'm choosing to believe that in A4 we're going to get a big damn Heroes moment that includes the Ravagers, the Nova Corps, the Sovereign and even the Kree all swooping in to help in the final defeat of Thanos. Because they all have a vested interest in having him gone. And I'd really like to see the earthlings response at having their eyes wide open to just how big the Galaxy is.

• Love 2

I have to say it's fascinating seeing a whole new audience grapple with the tenets of the company-wide Superhero crossover for the first time. It's happened so many times in comics that it's pretty much old hat. Sigh. ANOTHER company wide event where the whole universe is imperiled causing my favorite comic to suddenly be concerned about Mutant Registration/The Skrulls/The sudden depowering of 90% of mutants/etc., etc. putting their usual storylines that I was quite enjoying on hold. Can I count how many times I've seen my favorite heroes die "on screen" only to have the inevitable retcon button pushed? It's awesome to see that this old machinery still works... at least until maybe the twelfth time you've seen variants of it .

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I have to say it's fascinating seeing a whole new audience grapple with the tenets of the company-wide Superhero crossover for the first time. It's happened so many times in comics that it's pretty much old hat. Sigh. ANOTHER company wide event where the whole universe is imperiled causing my favorite comic to suddenly be concerned about Mutant Registration/The Skrulls/The sudden depowering of 90% of mutants/etc., etc. putting their usual storylines that I was quite enjoying on hold. Can I count how many times I've seen my favorite heroes die "on screen" only to have the inevitable retcon button pushed? It's awesome to see that this old machinery still works... at least until maybe the twelfth time you've seen variants of it .

Yeah, EVERYBODY'S DEAD.  THE DEATHS ARE REAL.  SO GET ON WITH GRIEVING... then time will be reset and everything will be undone or redone or whatever.  Meh.  Right now, I'm preparing for Bucky and Sam to have about as much screen time in A4 as they did in this, which was practically nothing, and that whatever they do with Steve, I'll have to ignore and redo through fic anyway.  But at least the battle scenes will be cool, and there will be a handful of cool individual moments, because they are extremely good at those.     

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

I think that the difference between this and the comic crossovers is that each solo film is, mostly, its own complete story, and the release schedule for major films prevents having a bunch of different stories happening all at once.

Obviously there's going to be some sort of reset, but the more streamlined nature of the film universe means that Black Panther and Spider-Man stories aren't getting sidetracked for 6 months and having to do a filler story arc about T'Challa and Peter Parker being dead while we wait on the reset button to happen and get us back to our regularly scheduled Black Panther in Wakanda and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man stories.

The MCU is much more of one big serialized story than the comics can ever be, with the big crossover serving as an actual climax.

The Netflix series can get away with just setting their next seasons before the events of IW.

Agents of SHIELD is really the only part of the MCU that has to deal with the normal comic book sidetracking/fallout that comes from crossovers.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

If it makes you feel any better Thanos probably 'only' killed half of them ... So at least they still came out ahead of what Ronan wanted to do to them.

4 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'm choosing to believe that in A4 we're going to get a big damn Heroes moment that includes the Ravagers, the Nova Corps, the Sovereign and even the Kree all swooping in to help in the final defeat of Thanos. Because they all have a vested interest in having him gone. And I'd really like to see the earthlings response at having their eyes wide open to just how big the Galaxy is.

I am thinking that after their second giant battle in a few the Nova Corp will be all but gone, though one special cop migt survive to make his way towards earth for his or his son's possible use in the future. The civilians likely suffered from have being shot Nazis in Poland before the gas chamber style.

The question then becomes did that half then face a rapture able to get returned to life after Avengers 4.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'm choosing to believe that in A4 we're going to get a big damn Heroes moment that includes the Ravagers, the Nova Corps, the Sovereign and even the Kree all swooping in to help in the final defeat of Thanos.

Wasn't there something about a shot with a ridiculous number of superheros in one shot?  We didn't really get that in IW, so there could be something like that.  That's actually one thing about the Accords... because of the necessity for secrecy/retirement for the superheros to be able to stay out of jail, there was no way to organize a larger response to what Thanos was doing.  If Bruce, Strange and Tony had been able to get in touch with Fury in the beginning, things might have gone quite differently.  

And I am choosing to think the bit about casting an older Cassie is for some sort of epilogue teaser, rather than a 5 year time jump for A4.  Because I've already seen more than enough of how Steve is without Bucky, I don't need to imagine another 5 years of that Steve over the next year.  And in CE's probably final appearance I want more than just a 5 second hug between them.  

• Love 3

I don't like the idea of a Time jump either. For starters, you lose so much of the emotional punch if we don't see them until 5 years later. And second, It's going to take them 5 years to sort this out? Unless they turn back the clock to the moment of the dusting, that is a serious psychological burden for anybody that they bring back.

• Love 12

I just saw this yesterday and am still thinking about it. I pretty much loved it and especially enjoyed that blink-and-you-might-have-missed-it scene when Steve is facing off with Thanos, gets a grip on the gauntlet, and we see a brief moment of surprise and grudging respect on Thanos's face, reminiscent of Cap's attempt to pick up Thor's hammer in Age of Ultron.

11 hours ago, StarBrand said:

The thing that really got me about the "dusting" is that, after all the noisy battles and hoopla, the characters start to disappear in an eeire quiet-I think we just hear thunder in the background-while others look on in stunned disbelief.

Everything just.....stops...

I know not everyone liked the ending, but I found the quiet destruction followed by Steve's horrified and almost despairing "oh god" devastating. And I like how others have pointed out that Thanos gets the focus and the hero's journey in this movie so it makes sense that it ends with a shot of him finally at peace after completing his quest, but damn was that a downer.

I'm so impressed at what they were able to pull off with this movie.

• Love 8
On 4/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, Dandesun said:

Samuel L Jackson popped in on a Chris Evans question at a D23 event and commented that Evans' Cap was the first LGBT-Avenger.

And behind the scenes of Civil War, Sam and Bucky were referred to on-set as 'Cap's two girlfriends.'

There’s also the video of Mackie singing “secret lovers” in the background when an interviewer asked Seb about Bucky being Steve’s longest friend and picking up the shield after him.

And seriously, they literally zoom in on Steve’s face – not Wanda or Nat, even though they are the ones speaking - when Nat is calling Wanda out on sneaking off without telling them, and Wanda is explaining she just wanted time with her lover (Steve actually thinks Nat doesn’t know, which is cute).

And then you get this scene where Bucky is rubbing Steve’s back as they hug (again, not something you’d do if you hadn’t seen your oldest friend for 2 years… you’d cling, in any circumstance, end of the world or not, and maybe even especially at the end of the world.  They've totally kept in contact during those 2 years).  Nat and T’Challa are smirking, because they know Steve’s been spending ‘time’ in Wakanda, and Sam’s all… Wut?  Because he didn’t know (based on his reaction to Steve knowing exactly how to get into Wakanda when they first flew in). 

And Seb actually talked about Bucky and Steve retiring and sitting on a porch at the Portland con, so after seeing Bucky’s cabin/hut/house in Wakanda, that’s totally going to be my headcanon from now on, no matter what happens in A4. 

(And yes, I am actively looking for scrapes that make me happy, so there’s no need to chime in with… “that’s doesn’t prove anything, I still only see them as brothers!!!”  I know… yours is not the ‘unpopular opinion’.   Queer rep in any major media like this is only allowed to exist in the off-screen margins, so the choice to ‘not see it’ can remain intact. Just like Loki, just like Valkyrie, and I’m sure others I’m not even aware of.)

• Love 5

I love Anthony Mackie. Secret Lovers. lol. I've just recently(and I mean in the past day) been watching press for the MCU. I usually don't watch that kind of stuff because I don't care much about seeing my fave actors in real life. But Mackie and Stan are so cute and funny.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, festivus said:

I love Anthony Mackie. Secret Lovers. lol. I've just recently(and I mean in the past day) been watching press for the MCU. I usually don't watch that kind of stuff because I don't care much about seeing my fave actors in real life. But Mackie and Stan are so cute and funny.

I have been eating that stuff up over on YouTube.

• Love 3

Chemistry is subjective whether it's with straight characters or queer characters. I don't care if they decide to hook up Bucky and Steve. I personally don't feel the romantic chemistry between them. From what I've seen online, not shipping them is the unpopular opinion. I do know what it feels like I'm still upset to this day that my favorite queer ship never happened because the writers were too chickenshit to make it happen even in the final season when it wouldn't matter that much anyway. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Chemistry is subjective whether it's with straight characters or queer characters. I don't care if they decide to hook up Bucky and Steve. I personally don't feel the romantic chemistry between them. From what I've seen online, not shipping them is the unpopular opinion. I do know what it feels like I'm still upset to this day that my favorite queer ship never happened because the writers were too chickenshit to make it happen even in the final season when it wouldn't matter that much anyway. 

I don't think they'll do it but yeah it would not bother me if they did. I say this as a person who has at best a meh reaction to romance in the MCU. I think they've laid the groundwork well enough for Steve/Bucky. Certainly much better than most of the other romances. Now I'm curious as to what your favorite queer ship that didn't happen was.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Chemistry is subjective whether it's with straight characters or queer characters.

Chemistry is definitely subjective.  I've never seen it between Thor and Jane, yet it was still a textual romance.  And Steve and Bucky were barely on screen at the same time, so there wasn't much opportunity for chemistry anyway.  I was mainly just happy I could find some subtext to play with.  But yes, it is very frustrating as a viewer when things with so much potential for a great story are not followed through on within the text.  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, festivus said:

I don't think they'll do it but yeah it would not bother me if they did. I say this as a person who has at best a meh reaction to romance in the MCU. I think they've laid the groundwork well enough for Steve/Bucky. Certainly much better than most of the other romances.

Yeah they've done an abysmal job setting up most of the romances.

Good

• Peggy and Steve
  • Pepper and Tony--even though I have a real issue with their romance because they are the Bickersons and spend half the time antagonizing each other, they've done a good job establishing this relationship 
  • Wanda and Vision
  • Gamora and Peter Quill--even though Gamora likes him, she also thinks he's an idiot and won't let the relationship go any further.
  • Nakia and T'Challa 

Meh

• Laura Barton and Clint--I think they have chemistry, but it came out of nowhere
  • Natasha and Bruce--there wasn't enough set up and they don't have a ton of chemistry, but I think it's interesting on paper
  • Jane and Thor--they've done a ton of work to set up this relationship, but they have very little chemistry. Luckily they are 2 gorgeous people, which would explain why a genius astrophysicist would be interested in a meathead from space

Bad

• Sharon and Steve--there was no set up and it's weird on so many levels
  • Hope and Scott Lang--where did that come from?
  • Stephen Strange and Christine--he's a dick; we're told they dated in the past and he was a dick then too. He's still a dick now. Why would you want them together?
  • Betty Ross and Bruce--the MCU keeps forgetting that this relationship existed 

Given that, it's not surprising that some fans would ship Bucky and Steve when the other MCU relationships are mediocre to bad and even the good ones feature a ton of antagonism.

Now I'm curious as to what your favorite queer ship that didn't happen was.

Me too.

(edited)

Aw, I love Hope and Scott!  And I wasn't on board at all with Vision and Wanda until IW, but I think Nat and Bruce have potential, but it's still cooking and what happens in A4 could impact how I feel about what has gone on before.  I'd really only put Hope and Scott, Peggy and Steve, and T'Challa and Nakia in the good category for textual romances.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Pepper and Tony--even though I have a real issue with their romance because they are the Bickersons and spend half the time antagonizing each other, they've done a good job establishing this relationship 

Yeah even in this movie it was still like "Tony you get back here right now! Sorry Pepper I'm on a spaceship and have no idea where I'm going." heh. I don't mind Tony and Pepper though. Even in the first Iron Man you got the sense that these people are very used to each others crap. They're good foils for each other. Probably the only textual romance besides Steve/Peggy that I'm not meh about. (Haven't seen Black Panther yet)

• Love 8

It was from a small sci fi show called Warehouse 13, Myka and HG Wells.  That was one where the actresses said they added more than the writers. 

For me I really only saw Steve/Peggy, Tony/Pepper and T'Challa and Nakia. Hope and Scott I could kind of see but it felt rushed. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Gamora and Peter Quill--even though Gamora likes him, she also thinks he's an idiot and won't let the relationship go any further.

Didn't Gamora and Quill get together at the end of GOTG2?

6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

It was from a small sci fi show called Warehouse 13, Myka and HG Wells. 

I remember that show! That was a ship?

(edited)

It was from a small sci fi show called Warehouse 13, Myka and HG Wells.

YES!!!  OMG YES!!   They did everything BUT make that text... and really, I think you could even make an argument for text in some scenes, especially from Myka.  

With Hope and Scott, their wariness and snarkiness towards each other at the beginning with a slow thaw as they get to know each other better is right in my romance wheelhouse.  And I adore Battle Couples and Equal Partners (which is why Steve and Bucky are at the top of my romance list), and they tick those boxes too.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, JustaPerson said:

Oh yes. The actresses even said they added text to the subtext the writers wrote for them. It was only the writers that wouldn't commit. They hooked her up with her partner that she showed 0 romantic interest in throughout the entire show. 

With Scott and Hope I kind of wished they would have saved the kiss for this movie. I know why they didn't because they had no clue whether they would really get a chance to make another (even though by now Marvel should know that they've earned the audience trust and we will give them all the money for their movies. Lol) 

Edited by Sakura12
19 minutes ago, JustaPerson said:

Yeah, that was a pretty big ship with the show and one that definitely would have worked.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Oh yes. The actresses even said they added text to the subtext the writers wrote for them. It was only the writers that wouldn't commit. They hooked her up with her partner that she showed 0 romantic interest in throughout the entire show. 

I had quit watching the show by the time H.G. Wells was on but I did tune in to the very last episode. I was like wtf Mika and Pete? Never saw any romance there. 

Sorry, I derailed the thread. I'll say that in this movie I didn't feel anything for Vision and Wanda. I wanted to but didn't. It must just be my cold cold heart.

Edited by festivus
(edited)
On 5/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, SimoneS said:

19 hours ago, raven said:

Red Skull is played by The Walking Dead's Ross Marquand (Aaron)

Along with Danai Gurira, that is two TWD alums in the movie, hopefully more good things come for both of them.

Also Thor said "decimated" Xandar not "wiped out" so he probably did what he had been doing, killing half it's population.

There's videos online of Ross Marquand doing impressions of LOTS of famous male actors and celebrities. Couldn't find one of him impersonating "Hugo Weaving" but it's not shocking that would be in his wheelhouse.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, festivus said:

I was like wtf Mika and Pete? Never saw any romance there. 

Me either, and they were terrific as a non-romance friends.

I'm not sure exactly where this is from, but it sounds like they're confirming that the hug wasn't the first time Steve and Bucky had seen each other since Bucky woke up (sounds like there's something happening in NYC today, so maybe there will be some more snippets...? ETA:  Here's the question fully answered.  They also basically say that Steve had been using Wakanda as a safe haven at some point while he's been on the run, but apparently not with Sam.  And it does go along with what Steve said to T'Challa on his greeting, that he was always thanking him for something.):

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

There's videos online of Ross Marquand doing impressions of LOTS of famous male actors and celebrities. Couldn't find one of him impersonating "Hugo Weaving" but it's not shocking that would be in his wheelhouse.

I thought it was Hugo Weaving in the movie. Didn't know it wasn't till I came here.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, JustaPerson said:

Kinda, but not really. They dance and bicker on Ego's planet, but at the end of the movie she tentatively admits that she might have feelings for Peter too. However, the admission has much less impact than Gamora's bigger arc with Nebula and the underscoring of the idea of found families as they all watch Yondu's funeral and take turns holding baby Groot.

With Scott and Hope I kind of wished they would have saved the kiss for this movie. I know why they didn't because they had no clue whether they would really get a chance to make another (even though by now Marvel should know that they've earned the audience trust and we will give them all the money for their movies. Lol) 

I think Scott and Hope have chemistry, but their romance was too fast. She spends 2/3rds of the movie rightfully snarling about Scott. They have their talk in the car, Scott finishes his training montage successfully, and suddenly they're making out.

Myka and HG was a great ship.

Now back to Infinity War

Spoiler

Is everyone who Thanos unalived just chilling in the soul stone? Is Doctor Strange going to lead a prison break?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I don't like the idea of a Time jump either. For starters, you lose so much of the emotional punch if we don't see them until 5 years later. And second, It's going to take them 5 years to sort this out? Unless they turn back the clock to the moment of the dusting, that is a serious psychological burden for anybody that they bring back.

Didn't they film Avengers 4 and Infinity War simultaneously? I know the next move doesn't come out until next year, but IMDB says that "Untitled Avengers Movie" is in post-production, so if it's already in the editing process and such then it doesn't seem like there will be that much of a gap between Thanos' victory and what happens next. And yeah, it'd be way too much of a burden, particularly for characters like Wanda.

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Do we have to start the Steve and Bucky debate again? This comes up every single movie.

And it'll keep coming up for as long as both characters exist in the MCU. And maybe even after that. But bless your heart for trying. :-)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Didn't they film Avengers 4 and Infinity War simultaneously?

They did, but they would need to do that for any time shenanigans so facial hair and what not would match for any scenes that would be re-done on a different time line... that wouldn't necessarily keep them from still doing a 5 year time jump within the story.  CE as Steve in particular had a very different look in some of the set photos that came out.  

I saw the movie again last night and paid special attention to a few specific scenes this time. Steve after Wanda’s line about wanting time was one. The camera does go to him and focus as the scene ends but not in a way that connects to what Wanda specifically said. I took it to mean that he was contemplating about the coming battle against Thanos’ minions (since he doesn’t yet know about Thanos himself). If the camera had cut to a Steve closeup after Wanda’s line I’d assume he was thinking about a particular person but the gradual move and focus didn’t seem like that’s what we were supposed to think. If it was then it needed to be clearer. 

The other scene I paid more attention to was Thanos almost killing Tony. His line “I hope they remember you” is just after stabbing him so I took that to be that Tony was meant to die pre-dusting. Then Strange offers the stone in exchange for his life and Thanos agrees. Thanos also promised Tony that half of humanity would be spared. That’s why I think Thanos marked Tony safe from the dusting. That’s also why I think he had the ability to do so. He couldn’t make such promises if the gauntlet truly chose at random. I definitely think there are some individuals and civilizations  who were spared, some dusted on purpose, and the rest random. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 4:35 PM, scarynikki12 said:

If it was then it needed to be clearer.

I don't know, I think there is value in subtext that allows the viewer wiggle room for how they interpret certain things.  But I was mainly seeing it as evidence that Steve had gone to Wakanda to see Bucky, and the Russos have confirmed that he did.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 2

I wish Ben & Jerry had issued limited time flavors of Stark Raving Hazelnuts and Hulk-a Hulk-a Burning Fudge. I'm curious about what they might have come up with. I think Stark Raving Hazelnuts is probably a basic sweet cream or vanilla ice cream with a chocolate hazelnut swirl studded with hazelnuts. Hulk-a Hulk-a Burning Fudge is probably a pistachio (because mint and chocolate seems too basic) ice cream with a brown butter bourbon caramel fudge and a chocolate fudge. These are just my wacky speculations.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I wish Ben & Jerry had issued limited time flavors of Stark Raving Hazelnuts and Hulk-a Hulk-a Burning Fudge. I'm curious about what they might have come up with. I think Stark Raving Hazelnuts is probably a basic sweet cream or vanilla ice cream with a chocolate hazelnut swirl studded with hazelnuts. Hulk-a Hulk-a Burning Fudge is probably a pistachio (because mint and chocolate seems too basic) ice cream with a brown butter bourbon caramel fudge and a chocolate fudge. These are just my wacky speculations.

There is still hope for A4's release. I am trying to think of other names and flavors for our other Avengers. :)

A time skip could make sense, especially if the reset button is pushed. Once again, characters dying in the run-up getting resurrected isn’t off the table. Also: Grey Hulk. Not Joe Fixit, but something smarter and more cagey.