Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 11/27/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Tammee said:

You know what Im really really really afraid of... is that they drive Joy out. Why should she put up with digs from a snotnose bitch and no back up from mgmt or from worse.. Whoopi.   Whoopdidoo!  Joy has earned her stripes. Over and over again.  She may decide to lessen her load and just do comedy a  few nights a week.  And think of the material she has from this bunch.  Its totally doable.  I just hope she doesnt do it.  What I do hope she does is finally snap back and put the *B* in her place.

Tammee, I really don't think Joy is going anywhere. I truly don't. Joy does snark back, she tried to do that to Meghan, but Sunny interrupted, something all these ladies do non stop..and why I quit watching..

12 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Tammee, I really don't think Joy is going anywhere. I truly don't. Joy does snark back, she tried to do that to Meghan, but Sunny interrupted, something all these ladies do non stop..and why I quit watching..

More reason to go, cant get a word in edgewise.   Same with Sunny. She doesnt need to put up with bullshit either.  I hope youre right though.

10 minutes ago, Tammee said:

More reason to go, cant get a word in edgewise.   Same with Sunny. She doesnt need to put up with bullshit either.  I hope youre right though.

Sunny holds her own, her attitude is so prissy though, ugh! , Joy is just full of snark, I don't care who goes or stays, it's not that important.. Jmho though. I think MM puts up with bullshit from the four, so she can give it back..

See ya tomorrow..:)

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Why should she put up with digs from a snotnose bitch and no back up from mgmt or from worse.. Whoopi.   Whoopdidoo!

Whoopi gets snappy with Joy sometimes, too. You'd think the two "vets" on the show would have each other's back.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Whoopi and Meghan are in it together to try to do in Joy and Sunny. There's clearly a power dynamic going between Joy versus Whoopi. I think part of it is Whoopi trying to own the show and decide who the co-hosts would be, and the part she played in getting Meghan on the show (and Sara). I wouldn't be surprised if Joy stuck up for Sunny behind-the-scenes when Whoopi tried to get her fired and you know Whoopi has to have tried because she borderline harasses Sunny live everyday. She probably thought she could kick Sunny out by throwing daily fits just like she pushed out Paula.

Thankfully Meghan is enormously unpopular with the viewers, so I doubt there's anyway she could harm Joy anyway. Try again, Whoops.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Tammee said:

You know what Im really really really afraid of... is that they drive Joy out. Why should she put up with digs from a snotnose bitch and no back up from mgmt or from worse.. Whoopi.   Whoopdidoo!  Joy has earned her stripes. Over and over again.  She may decide to lessen her load and just do comedy a  few nights a week.  And think of the material she has from this bunch.  Its totally doable.  I just hope she doesnt do it.  What I do hope she does is finally snap back and put the *B* in her place.

Joy's not going anywhere. She's not easily upset or provoked. The only person to provoke her was that asshat Bill O'Reilly, and both she AND Whoopi walked off in the middle of the interview. Also, she's a teacher. She can handle Meghan. And she doesn't do the comedy circuit that much. She's a veteran and the only ORIGINAL. ABC  ponied up to get her back. I'm not worried about her.

2 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Whoopi gets snappy with Joy sometimes, too. You'd think the two "vets" on the show would have each other's back.

There's no reason for Joy needing Whoopi's back. She can hold her own. Plus, you, well, I can tell that they are friends, and Joy just lets whatever Whoopi say, roll off her back. But there are times when Whoopi, not exactly deferring to Joy, but lets her have the floor, or finish what she started to say when they had to go to commercial, etc.

• Love 9

I don't get why Elsa couldn't have started with the important point, about the Navajo Code Talkers and their role in the war, especially as they are from her home state, partly.  Instead she had to take the run at Warren, which is completely irrelevant in this story.  The outrage is that Trump insulted these 90+ elders and war heroes with the Pocahontas slur.  Indian country organizations have spoken out and say that Trump doesn't deserve to have the name Pocahontas pass his vile lips.  They say he is diminishing another Indian hero in front of living Indian heroes.  The whole segment was wasted because Elsa derailed it with the Warren talk.  Sara tried to get to the real point but was drowned out.  And Elsa ultimately tried to make the point but it was after it had turned into a shit show.  This is why she is a terrible panelist.

Same with the way she jumped into the discussion re McCain's comment on Hilary's book.  Those are her father's comments, not hers.  But she clearly wanted to defend them and then did the childish jab at Joy about never having lost an election.  I love bewildered Joy's reactions to the little gnat, and especially when the audience was oohing as in, Elsa was just mean to Joy, and Joy indicates, so what, who cares with a simple look to the audience.

When I was Elsa's age I was an Executive running a major organization.  I knew how to have adult respectful conversations with adversaries.  Elsa is a mean girl teenager.  Sad!

• Love 16
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Joy's not going anywhere. She's not easily upset or provoked.

I agree. I think that's one of the reasons why she's so youthful -- not only is she hilarious but she doesn't take herself too seriously. She's a vital part of the show.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There's no reason for Joy needing Whoopi's back.

Agree with this too but it's just slightly annoying that Whoopi will go after Joy before she goes after MM.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

Sunny holds her own, her attitude is so prissy though, ugh! , Joy is just full of snark, I don't care who goes or stays, it's not that important.. Jmho though. I think MM puts up with bullshit from the four, so she can give it back..

I don't find Sunny prissy at all.  I think she has a very professional demeanor. She is an attorney after all.  And as far as Meghan putting up with bullshit she does a very good job of dishing out her own bullshit.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, susieq147 said:

I don't find Sunny prissy at all.  I think she has a very professional demeanor. She is an attorney after all.  And as far as Meghan putting up with bullshit she does a very good job of dishing out her own bullshit.

We each see something different, but before MM, I didnt care for Sunny .Something about her, just puts me right off. Yes, about BS, I said the others dish out bullshit and so does MM...its all good :) 

10 minutes ago, susieq147 said:

The only time that Sunny is prissy is when they're talking about sex and marriage. Otherwise, she's a Rock Star. Meghan is no veteran of this show or such a victim, nor is she piled on or attacked that she can sit there and act as if she's taking other people's bullshit, so that entitles her to be nasty toward Joy and Sunny; sometimes Sara. But not Whoopi. And then whine about how HARD everything is.

• Love 18

That old canard about Elizabeth Warren intentionally lying about her Native American heritage to get a leg up via affirmative action was debunked back during her run against Scott Brown (circa 2012). Snopes is your friend, Meghan, not Fox or your hubby's The Federalist. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 22

I think Joy likes when Meghan makes her little snips. She needed no validation from the audience, which she quickly shut down. Which Whoopi  just had to insert herself into, implying Joy was pointing at her.  She loves when she gets to go at bat and do a little back and forth. Meghan doesn't intimidate her, and she did well in their little argument. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The only time that Sunny is prissy is when they're talking about sex and marriage.

Oh, yeah!    And it's difficult to watch.  Prissy.  Coy.  Naive.   It seems like an act, but it probably isn't.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

I think Joy likes when Meghan makes her little snips. She needed no validation from the audience, which she quickly shut down. Which Whoopi  just had to insert herself into, implying Joy was pointing at her.  She loves when she gets to go at bat and do a little back and forth. Meghan doesn't intimidate her, and she did well in their little argument. 

It was Sara that Whoopi said was pointing..

27 minutes ago, NeverLate said:

It was Sara that Whoopi said was pointing..

No. Whoopi said, "why are you pointing at me??" that was when Sara grabbed Whoopi's arm laughing and told her something to the effect of Joy not pointing at her. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

No. Whoopi said, "why are you pointing at me??" that was when Sara grabbed Whoopi's arm laughing and told her something to the effect of Joy not pointing at her. 

Okay, thanks. I guess that's why Whoopi said the bitches are hot today, and Joy said she was getting the audience to calm down...

5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wish Joy had pointed out that Meghan doesn’t “know how it feels” either. She didn’t run for president. Just another case of her claiming her father’s fame and life experiences as her own.

I agree with Sunny that the vast popular vote loss is comforting because it means the majority of this country refused to accept the racism, misogyny, etc. that Trump embodies. But I can understand how that would stump an upper class white woman like Meghan.

Hillary received 48% of the popular vote. Trump received 46%. Neither of those numbers are a majority and they are so close that it really doesn’t make much difference. America is too divided and partisan. The government should be working for ALL the people it represents, not just for the party that happens to be in power. And yes, BOTH sides are guilty of this.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I thought baby showers were only for first babies?

They are, unless you are on TV.  I don't know why we have to watch celebrities celebrating themselves.  The birthdays, the showers.  I like Sara, but gah.....

41 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

Hillary received 48% of the popular vote. Trump received 46%. Neither of those numbers are a majority and they are so close that it really doesn’t make much difference. America is too divided and partisan. The government should be working for ALL the people it represents, not just for the party that happens to be in power. And yes, BOTH sides are guilty of this.

Its the same here, over the years it's gotten worse.:(

1 hour ago, HoboClayton said:

Yes, and I believe the point was that Joy was pointing to where she was seated when she was wearing the black veil and Whoopi got all agitated with, why are you pointing at me.  It was a shit show.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Yes, and I believe the point was that Joy was pointing to where she was seated when she was wearing the black veil and Whoopi got all agitated with, why are you pointing at me.  It was a shit show.

I blame Meghan. She just WOULD.NOT.SHUTUP. And let Joy answer how she felt and on election night.?This after snottilly asking Joy if she’d ever run for office?  How would she know how losing feels???? But this...I won’t call her the B-word because I love doggies. She is an ABSOLUTE hateful SHEBEAST.

And Joy was pointing to the audience in general and even told Whoopi “never mind” or laughed it off. But the audience was not pleased at Meghan’s nasty, combative attitude toward Joy; they all reacted, as did Joy-her expression was like whoa...why all this vitriol? But she moved on, which led to the whole finger pointing. Meghan is making every GODDAMN thing PERSONAL. And she must have a hardon for Bill Clinton, because she ALWAYS, ALWAYS brings him up when pulling her aboutism.  

Two things made me happy-when that uninformed sheep was FACT CHECKED as to how Warren got her tenure at Harvard.  And guess what, chippy? Being a woman is also categorized as being a minority.

And I’m with Joy regarding McCain being wrong. I’ve said it before when they brought it up on this show, and it was raised again, but NO ONE told Gore, Kerry, Romney to shut up and go away. Sorry Sara, but why should Hillary have to WAIT to write her book? Please have a seat.

The second thing that made me happy and had me ??????????? was when Kelly Clarkson came on and Hugged everyone except for the SheBeast! She didn’t hug Sunny either, but Sunny wasn’t standing off to the side “waaaiting” for the hug that never came!???????

I’ve always loved Kelly, but I love her more now!???

Yes, I’m mean, but I don’t give any bluedilly FUCKS anymore.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 24
4 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

Which Whoopi  just had to insert herself into, implying Joy was pointing at her.  She loves when she gets to go at bat and do a little back and forth

Why does Whoopi always make jokes when MM is getting smart with someone (today it was with Joy)? Trying to break the tension or something? I don’t know. It’s weird.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I won’t call her the B-word because I love doggies. She is an ABSOLUTE hateful SHEBEAST

I really didn’t want to use the word earlier but I was watching in real-time and the nastiness of MM towards Joy today caused a visceral reaction lol.

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sorry Sara, but why should Hillary have to WAIT to write her book? Please have a seat.

I’m sure Sara meant no ill-will with that comment but I was just kind of like... “ohhh...kay?” *head tilt*

• Love 8

So no one wants to discuss how Sunny looks through the bio hazard bin at the doctor's office?  I sit in the chair and hug myself as to not get any contamination on me.  I won't even sit on the table, no amount of paper is going to make it acceptable to me.  My doctor's office is clean as an operating room but I am still a germ-a-phobe.

Why would Sunny look in the bin?  I can't imagine what gross stuff is in there.  Need a mole sliced off - in the bin it goes.

When I was in high school my boy friend had an appendicitis attack and was at our pediatrician's office.  They left him alone in the room so they could call his parents and an ambulance.  This was in the late 70s.  My mom took me to the hospital to see him after his surgery and some rest time.  When I got there my mom went for coffee with his mom and then he told me to hand him his jeans and inside the leg of his jeans he had hung a bunch of hemostats.  I got my pick and still have them almost 40 years later.  He literally got up and started hanging them inside his pants leg before the ambulance and the doctor returned.

So MM married Ben Domenech?  He was the guy who was fired from the Washington Post after 3 days on the job for plagiarizing.  He now calls it "sloppy" work.  It figures that's the kind of person she would marry.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

So no one wants to discuss how Sunny looks through the bio hazard bin at the doctor's office?

Well Sunny is kind of weird lol. I think that’s been established from the get-go haha. Heck, we all do things that may be considered odd to outsiders. 

In all seriousness, I don’t know what to make of that, lol.

• Love 4

So no one wants to discuss how Sunny looks through the bio hazard bin at the doctor's office?

I mentioned it, what a weirdo! I thought she was supposed to be the intelligent one..

Sorry Sara, but why should Hillary have to WAIT to write her book? Please have a seat.

I agreed with Sara, but its not like I'll read it, so it doesn't matter..:)

Edited by NeverLate
1 hour ago, bannana said:

@GHScorpiosRule, I am waiting for the day when Joy very calmly says to Elsa:  when are you going to stop with the whataboutism already?

She can’t do it because she would look like a hypocrite. Whenever they discuss the latest person being accused of sexual misconduct Joy says, “What about Trump?” She has said it almost everyday over the past few weeks.

• Love 3

MM said that a lot of people call Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" -  that may or may not be true.   But only Trump has said it loudly, repeatedly, in public.  

MM really pissed me off today with that, and with her completely illogical "straw man argument"  rant at Joy.   Meghan comes across as bitter, humorless, and mean.

• Love 17

Today was kind of wild. And not necessarily in a good way. MM was a total bitch to Joy. She needs to STFU!

I laughed at Whoopi saying she could help deliver a baby (that one audience member was *more* than ready to give birth).

I'm glad all those moms-to-be got all those gifts. That's always nice. I'm going to miss Sara's sunny personality.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, mrbean5411 said:

48% was the majority of the vote…. As far as the latter, can’t say I agree at all. I only see ONE side as guilty of being divisive.

• Love 7

Omigosh!  Sorry, this is totally off topic but I just had a newsflash pop up while reading this thread that Matt Lauer got fired from the Today Show for inappropriate behavior in the workplace.  I'm shocked!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

48% was the majority of the vote…. As far as the latter, can’t say I agree at all. I only see ONE side as guilty of being divisive.

Over 50% would be the majority of the vote and like I said before 48% and 46% are so close that it doesn't make much of a difference. To say that the vast majority of voters think one way or the other is just nonsense. Furthermore, we can agree to disagree, but I feel that you would see that BOTH sides are guilty of being divisive if you were watching what's going on with an objective eye.

Edited by mrbean5411
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh!  Sorry, this is totally off topic but I just had a newsflash pop up while reading this thread that Matt Lauer got fired from the Today Show for inappropriate behavior in the workplace.  I'm shocked!

The View will probably discuss this. I love Matt though. Disappointment after disappointment lately for all these men I admired.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, backformore said:

MM said that a lot of people call Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" -  that may or may not be true.   But only Trump has said it loudly, repeatedly, in public.  

MM really pissed me off today with that, and with her completely illogical "straw man argument"  rant at Joy.   Meghan comes across as bitter, humorless, and mean.

Not only that, but she was being argumentative with Sunny, when Sunny was trying to say what a good thing it was for Blacks, considering their history of slavery in the U.S., when talking about Prince Harry and Meghan; while the SheBeast kept interrupting and saying that England also had slaves. That the Brits were "COLONIALISTS!!!!" Basically, that Sunny was "wrong" in her opinion based on facts. She was being a bit naive I think, because NOTHING happened when Obama was elected; quite the opposite. But SheBEAST was talking as if SHE knew EVERYTHING, and that BOTH Joy and Sunny were wrong!wrong!wrong!

And though it was Scott Brown that called Warren Pocahontas first, he was quickly debunked and suffered for it. What was even more egregious, but not really surprising, because 45 keeps proving himself to be intellectually STUPID, is that Pocahantas wasn't from the Navajo Nation. And then Meghan trying to pivot and say, let's just honor these Native Americans who were code talkers and helped win the war, as if that was brand new revealed information. I've known about their part in serving for years. And even if "lots of Republicans" have called Warren Pocahontas, it's still an insult and a slur.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm not, its been rumored forever. I bet it comes up in Hot Topics. I though Diana Ross was on today, dang!!!