Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Unseen Moments

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

But there's unique and then there's insane

Exactly. 

I feel the same way with home décor. I haven't ever really looked into Pinterest. I checked it out once and I saw a lot of what I see on House Hunters. Kail's house is the worst. Her chevron designs and color schemes are just not my style or taste. Her style is what I see on House Hunters, in stores, everywhere I look. I am so not into that sort of design. I have a taste that goes more into mahogany colors. I also love Oriental décor. My house has touches of Oriental accents, but it doesn't look as if someone vomited Oriental design all over the place or as Lucy Ricardo said on I Love Lucy, "It looks like a bad dream one would have after eating too much Chinese food" when describing her friend's new Chinese modern decor. I have Buddhas in my home of various sizes and colors including my garden. A relative of mine brought me two items from India which work well in my home. If I were to look at Pinterest further, would I find something beyond what I see in Kail's house?  

• Love 6
20 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I didn't know they slice your balls open for a vasectomy. They were so high. 

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

At least he didn't think they cut them right off, a la Lydia on RH of OC. So.....David is smarter than one person. 

You two seem to be thinking of vasectomies for men. Whatever Lurch is, it's not a man, and I expect that his balls are so tiny the vas deferens can only be found if they remove the balls completely, and it cannot be performed with the no cut method. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Going back to my comment on another thread last week where I posted I think Eggsley should just get "USA" painted on her cheek. She would really look like a missile that is just about to launch:

eggsley's head rocket missile.jpg

My goodness, that is disturbing! I expect her head to crack and a baby velociraptor to peek out.  There is no way the pediatrician hasn't commented on that head...no way!  Just think if Nathan and Barb weren't Kaiser and Jace's primary caretakers during infancy, they would probably have the same mishapen skull issues as Endtable.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

My goodness, that is disturbing! I expect her head to crack and a baby velociraptor to peek out.  There is no way the pediatrician hasn't commented on that head...no way!  Just think if Nathan and Barb weren't Kaiser and Jace's primary caretakers during infancy, they would probably have the same mishapen skull issues as Endtable.

eggsley.jpg

• Love 6
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Exactly. 

I feel the same way with home décor. I haven't ever really looked into Pinterest. I checked it out once and I saw a lot of what I see on House Hunters. Kail's house is the worst. Her chevron designs and color schemes are just not my style or taste. Her style is what I see on House Hunters, in stores, everywhere I look. I am so not into that sort of design. I have a taste that goes more into mahogany colors. I also love Oriental décor. My house has touches of Oriental accents, but it doesn't look as if someone vomited Oriental design all over the place or as Lucy Ricardo said on I Love Lucy, "It looks like a bad dream one would have after eating too much Chinese food" when describing her friend's new Chinese modern decor. I have Buddhas in my home of various sizes and colors including my garden. A relative of mine brought me two items from India which work well in my home. If I were to look at Pinterest further, would I find something beyond what I see in Kail's house?  

I don't know what the hell happened. An old text, something I Googled and my comment all got mixed together somehow. 

Please pardon any gibberish you may have read here. My phone went nuts. 

Edited by Maharincess
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I just put baby boy names into Pinterest cause I'm bored as fuck. 

Kashton. Emric. Ryker (makes me think of the jail they always sent creeps to on Law & Order SVU.) Caelum. 

PLEASE  let these women stay off Pinterest for any future baby names. Orrrr....just stop having babies. 

FTR, I like unique names. My children's names would be considered somewhat unique (except the middle one, his gained popularity in recent years). But there's unique and then there's insane. Also, I don't mind if the spelling isn't exactly traditional. As long as you can still figure out how to pronounce it!!!! If you spell a kid's name  Aiydan, is it pronounced like Aiden or Ay-DAN? 

The first three letters are silent. So are the last three letters.

I usually look up at my roster on day #1 of school and say "I don't want to butcher your name because my own first and last names are difficult as well, so can you please help me out?" (Bridget is my confirmation name, hence the alias. My first name has only been found on a keychain ONCE! And not even by me!)

6 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

She also put a rat. She showed a photo on Twitter with laughing emojis.

As someone who had multiple pet rats as a young girl, THAT PISSED ME OFF. I literally couldn't even watch/read any part of that bullshit behavior.

No pueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeede con Briana.

• Love 9

I loved Addie in these clips she has so much personality and is very smart -  I think a lot of her screaming and being some what loud has to do with not really getting the attention she so craves. Everyone talks about wanting to just hug Kaiser and I feel that way about her - she is such a smart cute little girl. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I usually look up at my roster on day #1 of school and say "I don't want to butcher your name because my own first and last names are difficult as well, so can you please help me out?" (Bridget is my confirmation name, hence the alias. My first name has only been found on a keychain ONCE! And not even by me!)

As someone who had multiple pet rats as a young girl, THAT PISSED ME OFF. I literally couldn't even watch/read any part of that bullshit behavior.

I've had pet rats too and have actually been thinking about getting another one. They make great pets and they're pretty smart. I taught a couple of mine to do little tricks. I hate people who abuse any animal, big or small.  I hate that stupid bitch. 

I apologize again for that crazy post above. I posted my comment and somehow a comment somebody made on another site and a text of mine posted in the middle of my comment.  I switched from my phone to my tablet so I hope it doesn't happen again.  How embarrassing! 

I'm about to watch this episode. I hope it doesn't piss me off.   Lol. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I've had pet rats too and have actually been thinking about getting another one. They make great pets and they're pretty smart. I taught a couple of mine to do little tricks. I hate people who abuse any animal, big or small.  I hate that stupid bitch. 

I apologize again for that crazy post above. I posted my comment and somehow a comment somebody made on another site and a text of mine posted in the middle of my comment.  I switched from my phone to my tablet so I hope it doesn't happen again.  How embarrassing! 

I'm about to watch this episode. I hope it doesn't piss me off.   Lol. 

It's not crazy!!! It was SO apropos in that it is SO TRUE!!

I totally vote for you to get more fur babies, but may I suggest/gently remind you that you get at least two of them so they have someone to cuddle with? Remember how cute they are when they're cuddled up and sleeping? I will totally babysit for you if you save me some of your aforementioned sauce!! 

• Love 4

I just wrote this in the Leah forum, but thought I'd cut/paste it here too.

I blame this INSANE heat here in San Diego County, but I JUST had an "oh my god, duh!" moment when Addy was featured in her own mini-montage during the Unseen Moment Footage. 

Addy: "I need cigarettes!" 

Leah: "That's a disgusting habit, don't ever smoke, blah blah blah"

Ummm.....so Leah, why are you smoking? We know kidses (for the most part) all parrot their "parents" and/or the other adults in their lives. Where the hell else would she have learned that? From Leah telling the gas station attendant what else to add to the bagses with the girlses big ass sodas, Gatorades, lunches & pepperoni stick snacks - that's where!

For the record: my mom has tried to quit her smoking habit (she was tobacco free for six months this year; total cold turkey!), and I know I am supposed to be thankful she's "only an evening smoker" and that "it takes a while" for her to go through a pack, but STILL! She's a musician and when she's touring/on the road, I know she smokes more. She calls it "social smoking." 

I'd hand over my life savings if it would mean she'd quit permanently.

No offense intended at those of you who smoke cigarettes, I understand everyone lives their own story, but cancer runs in our family (ALL the kinds, unfortunately). I want my mom around for as long as possible!

I've heard Chantix works really well. If anyone knows anything about it or would be gracious enough to give me the heads up on any other RXs/therapies/treatments that work, I would really appreciate it!!

• Love 4

I did Chantix for about two weeks and then I became unusually violent and very angry. My doctor told me to quit the Chantix which I did and I quit smoking the old fashion way - cold turkey. But you have to want to quit really want it . Wishing your mom all the strength to finally quit for good - for herself and for you. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Bridget said:

I just wrote this in the Leah forum, but thought I'd cut/paste it here too.

I blame this INSANE heat here in San Diego County, but I JUST had an "oh my god, duh!" moment when Addy was featured in her own mini-montage during the Unseen Moment Footage. 

Addy: "I need cigarettes!" 

Leah: "That's a disgusting habit, don't ever smoke, blah blah blah"

Ummm.....so Leah, why are you smoking? We know kidses (for the most part) all parrot their "parents" and/or the other adults in their lives. Where the hell else would she have learned that? From Leah telling the gas station attendant what else to add to the bagses with the girlses big ass sodas, Gatorades, lunches & pepperoni stick snacks - that's where!

For the record: my mom has tried to quit her smoking habit (she was tobacco free for six months this year; total cold turkey!), and I know I am supposed to be thankful she's "only an evening smoker" and that "it takes a while" for her to go through a pack, but STILL! She's a musician and when she's touring/on the road, I know she smokes more. She calls it "social smoking." 

I'd hand over my life savings if it would mean she'd quit permanently.

No offense intended at those of you who smoke cigarettes, I understand everyone lives their own story, but cancer runs in our family (ALL the kinds, unfortunately). I want my mom around for as long as possible!

I've heard Chantix works really well. If anyone knows anything about it or would be gracious enough to give me the heads up on any other RXs/therapies/treatments that work, I would really appreciate it!!

My husband was a smoker when I met him. It was hard to be with someone who smoked because we didn't have anyone in my family who smoked. I did like that he made an effort to smoke outdoors and never in his apartment. He smoked away from me, which also helped, but I was so worried about being with someone who would continue to smoke. I was glad when he finally quit cold turkey. He said it was more of a habit than an addiction. For some it is an addiction while for other it is just a bad habit. There is also a gray area in between. I wish your mother great vibes and much luck in her effort to quit smoking. I send her a hug as well. You too. You know, there is nothing wrong with trying various products to quit smoking. The worst part is NOT trying anything at all. 

Leah certainly received major eye roll for her smoking comment to Addie. If Leah doesn't want her child to smoke, she might want to look at herself and work on quitting herself. 

Does Mama Dawn smoke? 

• Love 5

Leah should try to quit. But I'm not going to judge. Easier said than done for some people. Maybe she has tried. I know former addicts are often smokers. I would rather her be honest and say, "Yes, this is a nasty habit and I wish I never started. It's very hard to quit and I hope you never start." I'm pretty sure my mom said something similar to me, when I was a young girl. She didn't quit until I was in my 20s. No one is perfect. I think it's okay for parents to acknowledge their flaws to their children. Of course it would be best if Leah quits, but I hope she continues to tell her kids how bad that habit is in the meantime. 

20 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

If I were to look at Pinterest further, would I find something beyond what I see in Kail's house?

Absolutey. You could put "Asian decor" in and see what you get. 

I use Pinterest for all kinds of things. Not so much for decorating ideas. But I use it often for recipes, homeschooling ideas, and hair/makeup tips. If you narrow your search well, you can find stuff specific to your taste. 

The "Pinteresty" stuff we snark on is aimed at people who just type in "wedding ideas" or "baby girl names" or "home decoration" and then pick the first thing that pops up. They don't narrow it down to any specific type or taste. So they get the trendiest, most basic stuff. 

• Love 9

Leah apparently called it quits with the smokes, even tweeting about it. Imagine that! [heavy sarcasm]. But it was mentioned that perhaps it was done purely for script purposes: https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/09/leah-messer-pretending-to-quit-smoking-for-teen-mom-2/

This makes me think of what is happening with Cate as we speak. Throwing out something in order to offer a storyline and bring in the ratings. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Booted said:

I loved Addie in these clips she has so much personality and is very smart -  I think a lot of her screaming and being some what loud has to do with not really getting the attention she so craves. Everyone talks about wanting to just hug Kaiser and I feel that way about her - she is such a smart cute little girl. 

I agree, I think she is probably annoying just because she's so bored and doesn't get a lot of stimulation and attention. I'd probably scream too living with Leah.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I agree, I think she is probably annoying just because she's so bored and doesn't get a lot of stimulation and attention. I'd probably scream too living with Leah.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That kid reminds me of a 45 year old divorced soccer mom, who when you go to the games, she tells you "if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!" as she chain smokes Virginia Slims. How a 4 year old inspires that vision, I don't know, but Addie does!

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. That kid reminds me of a 45 year old divorced soccer mom, who when you go to the games, she tells you "if you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!" as she chain smokes Virginia Slims. How a 4 year old inspires that vision, I don't know, but Addie does!

Oddly enough, your vision is totally believable IMO. She’ll be sneaking her Ma’s cigs by the time she hits fifth grade. And I’d like to add this -if there’s any bedtime reading going on, it would be the girlses reading to Leah, not vice versa. 

And from a People or Us magazine.

Edited by Miss Chevious
Forgot to add the mag line
  • Love 10

Screw the unseen moments! What was with the unspoken tension on the right couch? Anytime Jenelle spoke, Chelsea kept her head down and looked completely stiff and Kailyn faced halfway towards Jenelle but kept he glance downwards as well. I don't follow these chicks outside of the show so is there tension among the cast? I found it weird because Brianna spoke of tension between herself and Kail but Kailyn was smiling during Brianna's segments and they even interacted with each other, however briefly. But when Jenelle's segments came on, shit got really uncomfortable. What's the tea?

Edited by UniqBlue69
  • Love 2
On 11/21/2017 at 9:28 PM, Bridget said:

Lol, I’m In a weird in between where my first name isn’t common, but it’s not unique either (if you cant tell by my user name it’s leigh... well technically my mom intended on leigh Ann, but that’s a whole other story)... I hate when places like starbucks or chick-fil-a ask for my name because I have to sacrifice, it’s either spelled wrong or pronounced wrong. On the first day of school I always knew they got to me on the roll when the teacher would pause trying to figure it out... my last name is intimidating to pronounce too (I only use part of it on social media) but it’s mostly silent letter so once you know how to say it it’s easy.

• Love 2

The two funniest moments were 1. Addie.  She cracks me up and reminds me of my 4 year old sassy cat niece.  So glad I’m not her parent because she’s a wild one but oh so funny as an aunt. 2.  Jenelle saying she posts on Instagram every once in a while.  Oh honey....  you post every other day. But you do you.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

Lol, I’m In a weird in between where my first name isn’t common, but it’s not unique either (if you cant tell by my user name it’s leigh... well technically my mom intended on leigh Ann, but that’s a whole other story)... I hate when places like starbucks or chick-fil-a ask for my name because I have to sacrifice, it’s either spelled wrong or pronounced wrong. On the first day of school I always knew they got to me on the roll when the teacher would pause trying to figure it out... my last name is intimidating to pronounce too (I only use part of it on social media) but it’s mostly silent letter so once you know how to say it it’s easy.

I'm with you on the sacrificing your name part, but I received some words of wisdom from a gentleman on an airplane once. He had a traditional Irish name (as do I), and we were talking about the same thing - hating it when people don't listen to us spell it!

Nutshell: Don't give up when someone spells your name wrong...or mispronounces it! I have no problem being super firm, but polite when the barista incorrectly spells my name on my cup before I pay. Even if my name is crossed out five times, if it takes six times to get it correct, it's a win. He told me "let those times be an experience for you to get your name OUT into the public; don't let people take shortcuts in life. OWN your name. Allow people to learn how to spell traditional names." (Or, in your case, Leigh is a totally normal alternative to Lee.) It came off much better from the handsome man in the seat next to me. I'm proud to say that I used to use an easy name when ordering my latte. I don't do that anymore!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Screw the unseen moments! What was with the unspoken tension on the right couch? Anytime Jenelle spoke, Chelsea kept her head down and looked completely stiff and Kailyn faced halfway towards Jenelle but kept he glance downwards as well. I don't follow these chicks outside of the show so is there tension among the cast? I found it weird because Brianna spoke of tension between herself and Kail but Kailyn was smiling during Brianna's segments and they even interacted with each other, however briefly. But when Jenelle's segments came on, shit got really uncomfortable. What's the tea?

It was weird. I’m wondering if this show was filmed after balloongate. When UBT stabbed his way through the knives and Chelsea “rescued” Kaiser from the drama. Anyone else??

I’m also wondering why Kailyn was being friendly with Briana and stiff with Jenelle. I know the girls don’t care for Jenelle but Kailyn should be more closed off with Briana given the fact she’s sleeping with her ex-husband. Dang, these girls know how to deliver the drama.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

The couch dynamics were weird. I don't know why they didn't put Jenelle and Briana on one couch, since those two seem to be friendly with each other, and slide Leah over by Kail and Chelsea. 

• Love 5
On 11/22/2017 at 3:02 AM, Bridget said:

I smoked close to two packs a day for almost twenty-five years. I've been a non-smoker for fourteen months thanks to Chantix. It rewires your pleasure receptors so that smoking is no longer pleasurable. The big key is that unlike other methods, you smoke while you're on it so you start to realize how pointless it is to continue to do something that you no longer enjoy. I think I still took Chantix for a few months after I quit. I had cravings but it was easy to tell myself that if I broke down and smoked, it wouldn't taste the way I wanted/needed it to.

I've tried quitting cold turkey, with the patch and with the gum and I didn't come close to meeting the success I had with Chantix. My psychiatrist, knowing my history of depression and suicidality, prescribed it to me based on newer studies that concluded it does not cause depression like it was once thought. If your mom doesn't manage to quit in the first few months on Chantix, she can stop it and then try it again when she's ready. I'm a singer also and my voice sounds so much better than it used to!

I would also recommend any one of the quit smoking apps that keep track of how long it's been since she quit, the changes her body is going through, the money she is saving, the number of cigarettes she has not smoked. I found it incredibly motivating as I saw the money I was saving (almost $8,000!).

I know it seems hypocritical for Leah to tell her daughters it's a gross habit. When I was a smoker I hated the smell of other people's smoke, I knew it was disgusting, but I was chained to them because I was so addicted. Now my clothes smell CLEAN, my apartment doesn't stink and I'm not coughing and I got to see HAMILTON because I could afford it! 

I wish your mother success! 

• Love 14
On 11/20/2017 at 11:18 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

The magic of Addie is totally lost on me. She's a bratty little shrieker monkey whenever I see her. I am not interested in an Addie spinoff and would not like to subscribe to her newsletter. 

I have a feeling that we are going to get an Addie spinoff in about 12 years whether we like it or not.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, ktwo said:

I have a feeling that we are going to get an Addie spinoff in about 12 years whether we like it or not.

OH, I'm thinking at least one of the original kids will have their own spinoff in about 5-7 years. Jury's still out as to which kids it will be (for me anyway). The original TM kids and TM2 kids by first baby daddies are coming up on double digits soon.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

OH, I'm thinking at least one of the original kids will have their own spinoff in about 5-7 years. Jury's still out as to which kids it will be (for me anyway). The original TM kids and TM2 kids by first baby daddies are coming up on double digits soon.

It'll be the ones who become teen parents themselves. So all the kids except Chelsea's and, maybe Maci's and Amber's Leah. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if one or more of Maci's follows in her footsteps. So this show will essentially never end! 

• Love 5
On 11/23/2017 at 9:18 AM, dorcastrilling said:

I had some serious suicidal ideation on Chantix, along with crying jags and the whole not being able to bring myself to get out of bed depression.

Still smoking.

For the smokers who want to quit, a support group really helped me. There are a lot of great online ones. I smoked for years, tried to quit for years, and have now been quit for years. Being able to commiserate with fellow quitters and get advice from long-term quitters helped more than I imagined. Sounds hokey, but give it a shot. They know what you're going through, tips and tricks, and all the secret reasons why you smoke even though you're desperate to quit. Most if not all U.S. states have a free 800-number quitline. And NRT products usually have free 800-number support, too.

I never thought I could quit. With the right tools and support, anyone can.

• Love 5

how about when Addie put a fake snake near a "FIFTY-YEAR OLD LADY?"  and she freaked out, b/c, as Nessa said, "well, yeah, she was FIFTY?"

okay.  I'm forty-nine.  and I know that at 25 or whatever, fifty kind of might as well be one hundred.  That was hilarious.  But at the same time, inside I don't feel all that different as I did at 25...well, okay, except for my perception of fifty-year-olds, that is.

• Love 11
On 11/28/2017 at 11:15 PM, nikita said:

For the smokers who want to quit, a support group really helped me. There are a lot of great online ones. I smoked for years, tried to quit for years, and have now been quit for years. Being able to commiserate with fellow quitters and get advice from long-term quitters helped more than I imagined. Sounds hokey, but give it a shot. They know what you're going through, tips and tricks, and all the secret reasons why you smoke even though you're desperate to quit. Most if not all U.S. states have a free 800-number quitline. And NRT products usually have free 800-number support, too.

I never thought I could quit. With the right tools and support, anyone can.

You are 100% right, those support group forums helped me immensely!!! They know exactly what youre going thru and really do help/encourage you to quit! Good luck to anyone battleing that fucking nicotine addiction...its a bitch!!

• Love 3
On 11/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, AmandaUnbidden said:

It'll be the ones who become teen parents themselves. So all the kids except Chelsea's and, maybe Maci's and Amber's Leah. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if one or more of Maci's follows in her footsteps. So this show will essentially never end! 

Teen parenthood runs in Chelsea's family as well.

• Love 1

@AmandaUnbidden Maci’s parents were teen parents who married and stayed together. Maci’s Mom finished her undergrad degree with two small children- that’s one of the reasons I think she is embarrassed by Maci’s laziness. Her parents were willing to help her (because they had been in the same position), but they expected her to be proactive and dedicated to her education, career and raising Bentley. Hence the uproar when she went and moved in with Kyle back in the day. 

• Love 8