Type keyword(s) to search

The Boys: Who will be first to leave?

• Start Topic

My money is on Lily's boyfriend. I can't remember his name. I couldn't understand why Lily or her mother didn't tell him that it doesn't matter how many of his 7 siblings he helped take care of, he's never been with his mom when she delivered any of them and THAT was what the class was about. I don't think he'll be around by the time the baby gets here, anyway, so skipping out on the class isn't a big deal for him. I get the feeling he was ready to bounce, then found out about this show and the idea of getting a little money is why he's still around.

• Love 9

That's James, I believe. I thought I heard Lily tell him that the baby didn't come out of him, in explaining the class, but he was unimpressed. He does seem completely disinterested & I agree, is probably just sticking around for the show money then he's history.

The only one I think might stick around is MacKayla's bf, as he seems a bit more together than the other, & his mother is staying involved.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

That's James, I believe. I thought I heard Lily tell him that the baby didn't come out of him, in explaining the class, but he was unimpressed. He does seem completely disinterested & I agree, is probably just sticking around for the show money then he's history.

The only one I think might stick around is MacKayla's bf, as he seems a bit more together than the other, & his mother is staying involved.

When the three of them were talking about the childbirth class, he kept saying he'd taken care of his siblings when they were babies. I wondered why, at least, the mother didn't stop him and say the class was about the birth process, not watching your siblings while mom ran to the store. But, I don't think anything mom or daughter may have said would make a difference to James. He's already checked out. I'll be completely shocked it he shows up at the hospital when the baby is born.

• Love 9

Another vote for James. I think he will split first. Not only does he seem completely disinterested in everything, (at filming) she is 7 months pregnant and they have only been together for 10 months. I know that's a lifetime when a girl is 15, but in reality, that's nothing. 

I also think he will be called home often to care for the brothers and sisters he has at home. He ran out of that birthing class pretty damn quick to help his mom, I have a feeling he is willing to help mom when she needs him as an excuse to get away from Lily and her mother (who is often right over her shoulder).

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, CourtneyCourt said:

Based on the show, James....

But since I follow them on Instagram I know who is gone first...

Can we have spoilery info on this thread? I don't follow any of them in real time but would love to know which one bounced first!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CourtneyCourt said:

His mom’s name rhymes with Jelly.

I knew it!  He (and his son's mother) has been getting WAY too much of a good edit compared to the other two, I knew he wasn't so squeaky clean and perfect as he's been presented as so far.  I wonder what happened.  Maybe rhymes with Jelly should have been more concerned with him than bitching about someone and something that had nothing to do with her.

These girls are so dumb to expect these guys to all of a sudden be ready to turn into settled family men who will propose and work and be good providers and partners just because they managed to impregnate them.  Mom better put him on child support, cut her losses, and work on bettering herself and her situation for her son.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

I knew it!  He (and his son's mother) has been getting WAY too much of a good edit compared to the other two, I knew he wasn't so squeaky clean and perfect as he's been presented as so far.  I wonder what happened.  Maybe rhymes with Jelly should have been more concerned with him than bitching about someone and something that had nothing to do with her.

These girls are so dumb to expect these guys to all of a sudden be ready to turn into settled family men who will propose and work and be good providers and partners just because they managed to impregnate them.  Mom better put him on child support, cut her losses, and work on bettering herself and her situation for her son.

• Love 3

What a shame that having a child has turned into a drama filled social media fest. Shelly is a grown woman and has no business blasting the mother of her grand baby on social media. The kids broke up, it was bound to happen and they ALL need to step away from the internet and do what's best for that baby. Get their asses to a family law attorney and have custody, a parenting plan, visitation  and child support taken care of. I do sympathize with McKayla. But, the reality is, she doesn't have the right to dictate what happens when Timothy spends time with his father. If Timothy is with his father at his home and his latest girlfriend comes over, unless that girl poses a threat to the baby, there's not a damn thing McKayla can do about it. When you have a child, the instinct to protect them is fierce. But, this baby has TWO parents and McKayla needs to understand that even though he broke her heart, he has rights just like she does. I sure hope some of the adults involved in this mess have the brains to seek legal help so this adorable little one will have the benefit of a relationship with both of his parents!

• Love 13

I wonder if she's sensing the family is unstable, so feeling extra protective. Or, she's being controlling - it's impossible to really know what's happening with this situation & these people. It's just sad for the baby of course.

I agree they need an attorney.

11 hours ago, Marisagf said:

And her tattoos are most unfortunate.

I don't know that any of these kids could possibly have afforded the tats themselves, plus aren't there issues with parents coming & giving approval for minors?  Why would a parent approve of & pay for tats for their kids? They are way too young to make a decision that will permanently live on their bodies.

If they must do something go for a carefully placed piercing (NOT on private areas, tongues, etc); it can easily be taken out & forgotten later if regretted.

ETA: I don't understand her following on YT or what she's doing there, but I only watched that one - only to FF to the 'tea' spilling since that's all I wanted to know. Her constant hair play was annoying the shit out of me.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I wonder if she's sensing the family is unstable, so feeling extra protective. Or, she's being controlling - it's impossible to really know what's happening with this situation & these people. It's just sad for the baby of course.

I agree they need an attorney.

I don't know that any of these kids could possibly have afforded the tats themselves, plus aren't there issues with parents coming & giving approval for minors?  Why would a parent approve of & pay for tats for their kids? They are way too young to make a decision that will permanently live on their bodies.

If they must do something go for a carefully placed piercing (NOT on private areas, tongues, etc); it can easily be taken out & forgotten later if regretted.

I suspect her wanting to control Caelen's time with the baby is coming from jealousy. She's a 17 year old girl who had a happy, little family in her head and it didn't happen. Throw a couple immature grandmothers into the mix and you have giant mess. We've seen what a manipulative, immature beast Shannon is and you just know she's been squawking to McKayla about what a horrible woman Shelly is and Shelly is acting like a scorned teenager on FB. They all need to think about the baby and shut their pie holes.

I don't get the teens with tats, either. Unless it's a situation like what happened when our son was 17. He came home with a giant tattoo on his shoulder and I assumed he had scored a fake ID. Nope. An unemployed tattoo artist thought it was fine to ink kids at his apartment for cash. In my state (WA) tattoo artists won't work on minors even with parental consent but I'm sure it varies from state to state.  I can totally see Shannon going with McKayla and giving consent. Our daughter wanted to have her bellybutton pierced when she was 16. I was okay with it and had to provide her birth certificate, a copy of my ID and sign a consent form. 

• Love 3

Hmm, so son-of-Jelly walks first...  

I had assumed, based on what Caelan has said on the show, that McKayla didn't show that much consistent interest in him. (When McKayla expressed her displeasure about his spending excessive time with friends, he claimed that it's the first time he'd ever heard her say that.)  I get the feeling that McKayla sort of picked and chose when to be with Caelen in her pre-pregnancy days, but now that baby has arrived she's decided she wants him around.  Not that there's anything wrong with that expectation, from an objective perspective.

In any case, if you take the above theory and couple it with the ongoing conflict between Shannon and Shelly, the prospect of McKayla and Caelen sustaining their already-tenuous relationship seems less than promising.

• Love 4

I like Timothy. Lets hope they spelled it the traditional way, not Tymithee or Tymythy or Tymothy or Tymmythee. My daughter's name is Jayme. I kick myself every day for spelling it that way because even though it's spelled exactly like it sounds, people mispronounce it all the time.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I like Timothy. Lets hope they spelled it the traditional way, not Tymithee or Tymythy or Tymothy or Tymmythee. My daughter's name is Jayme. I kick myself every day for spelling it that way because even though it's spelled exactly like it sounds, people mispronounce it all the time.

The Tymithee's spelling cracked me up. That is definitely something these teens would do. How do you get a Caeden and Shaydon on the same show?

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, cpcathy said:

The Tymithee's spelling cracked me up. That is definitely something these teens would do. How do you get a Caeden and Shaydon on the same show?

About the name Timothy:  Funny thing is, whenever I hear of a baby called, "Timothy," I wonder if he'll be short or tall.  Every Tim I've ever known has been very short, leading me to think of Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol.

Speaking of names, I could live without ever hearing of another McKayla, MacKenzie, McKinzey or McKenzie.  It all gets kind of confusing.  

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

About the name Timothy:  Funny thing is, whenever I hear of a baby called, "Timothy," I wonder if he'll be short or tall.  Every Tim I've ever known has been very short, leading me to think of Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol.

Speaking of names, I could live without ever hearing of another McKayla, MacKenzie, McKinzey or McKenzie.  It all gets kind of confusing.  

Funny story about a MacKenzie. My neighbor has 3 daughters and all of them have trendy names with ridiculous spellings. The oldest daughter is Mykynzy - I'm not kidding. She has hated the way her parents spelled her name ever since she was old enough to understand how awful it is. When she turned 18 and went off the college, she legally changed the spelling of her name to Mackenzie. Her little sister's name is Kennedy and it's spelled.......you guessed it.......Kynnydy. Do the people that choose these crazy spellings have an irrational fear of vowels?

• Love 8
On 12/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, gonecrackers said:

ETA: I don't understand her following on YT or what she's doing there, but I only watched that one - only to FF to the 'tea' spilling since that's all I wanted to know. Her constant hair play was annoying the shit out of me.

Speaking of annoying, I happened to click on a few more, filmed while she was waking up, before even getting out of bed.  The "I just woke up" voice was annoying the shit out of me.  Vocal fry.  Major vocal fry. 

• Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 7:23 PM, lovesnark said:

My daughter's name is Jayme. I kick myself every day for spelling it that way because even though it's spelled exactly like it sounds, people mispronounce it all the time.

I once emailed back and forth several times with a person named Jaime, and was quite surprised when an in-person encounter revealed that Jaime was not an Hispanic male called HIE-meh but a young woman called JAY-mee.

On 12/12/2017 at 8:12 AM, gonecrackers said:

ETA: I don't understand her following on YT or what she's doing there,

Me neither.  She said something about "yesterday's video."  She does these daily?  And she said, "Apparently I have to film something else about this situation."  I do not get it.

11 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Her constant hair play was annoying the shit out of me.

It was awful, but sadly, wasn't distracting enough to make me not hear this:  "Caelan cheated on me and he's been doing it for a long time and basically he just did it last Saturday, too, and Caelan has, I broke up with him because of it, obviously I'm not going to stay with somebody who's been cheating on me forever, for years."  Yes, obviously.

• Love 3
On 12/11/2017 at 6:25 PM, CourtneyCourt said:

Dear McKayla,

WHY IN THE HELL are you and your baby watching TV?

Thank you so very much for starting the electronics/screen addiction in baby T'oh-muh'thee so very early on his life instead of engaging with him 1:1.

I do recall that you were glued to your own phone while you were on the way to the hospital to give birth, so perhaps he inherited that trait from you along with your chin or your eyes?

As you clearly stated, you slept very well last night, so I'm wondering why you didn't make this TEN MINUTE video before your baby woke up for the day? Were you already scheduled to read to the blind or help elderly people cross the street when your baby would be napping later?

You're smart enough to show off your son on social media to garner support for both of you, so why didn't you use that brain of yours to hand him off to your grandparents while you made your video, with him making a cameo appearance at the very end?

Alternatively, you could have kept him occupied with an educational toy, had him on an Einstein baby activity mat, a soft and age appropriate toy or rattle, or unstrapped the wonderful Fisher-Price Calming Seas Projection Soother from his crib and propped it up against a Boppy to keep his little brain on the right track in terms of development. 

You're a smart girl, as you were shown to be able to play your mom and Caelan's mom against each other because while you decided that you were mature enough to keep and raise a baby, you weren't mature enough to find a way to communicate honestly and lovingly to your biological mom about your wishes for your own baby shower.

If you really were stuck on how to be honest with your mom about the shower, you could have Googled "baby shower etiquette" and told your fame hungry TV mongering mother that most people (with a few exceptions) have no business even thinking about having a baby shower for a 2nd baby, let alone a 4th. If your mom was going to "stop loving you" for you not wanting to have a double baby shower, then you should have remembered that  your grandmother would be around to lean on. Remember her? The one who is more of a mother to you than your biological mom. The one who raised you for the last decade. She is the one who (most likely) gave consent and paid several hundred dollars for the ugly ass tattoos on your arm & upper back that memorializes your father.

It sucks that you're now a single parent, but I suspect that you might have predicted this outcome, perhaps even subconsciously, while you were pregnant. You don't deserve to be stuck in this situation, but you can use that brain and intuition of yours to make GOOD choices for your son, every minute of every day. Please don't let the TV/tablet/other screens be a babysitter. You cannot even begin to understand the ramifications this will have on his speech development, mental stamina, communication skills and academic progress. It's also straight up lazy ass parenting!

Signed,

Judgy McJudgerson

Edited by Bridget
spelling is important!
  • Love 10
On 12/12/2017 at 10:58 AM, lovesnark said:

What a shame that having a child has turned into a drama filled social media fest. Shelly is a grown woman and has no business blasting the mother of her grand baby on social media. The kids broke up, it was bound to happen and they ALL need to step away from the internet and do what's best for that baby. Get their asses to a family law attorney and have custody, a parenting plan, visitation  and child support taken care of. I do sympathize with McKayla. But, the reality is, she doesn't have the right to dictate what happens when Timothy spends time with his father. If Timothy is with his father at his home and his latest girlfriend comes over, unless that girl poses a threat to the baby, there's not a damn thing McKayla can do about it. When you have a child, the instinct to protect them is fierce. But, this baby has TWO parents and McKayla needs to understand that even though he broke her heart, he has rights just like she does. I sure hope some of the adults involved in this mess have the brains to seek legal help so this adorable little one will have the benefit of a relationship with both of his parents!

I get what you're saying, in principle, but I wouldn't want some rado teenage chicks around my baby like that, either. If they were adults that would be a different thing. They all need some supervision.

1 hour ago, politichick said:

I get what you're saying, in principle, but I wouldn't want some rado teenage chicks around my baby like that, either. If they were adults that would be a different thing. They all need some supervision.

I agree. But, McKayla doesn't have the right to dictate who Shelly allows in her home when the baby is with his father. She's being a very typical, young mother. They broke up and she's hurt and pissed and thinks she gets to make all the rules as far as Caelen seeing the baby goes. If there are any brains between the lot of them, they'll take care of it legally and a lawyer will tell her that baby has two parents and one has no more rights than the other.

• Love 8
On 12/17/2017 at 1:04 PM, Bridget said:

Dear McKayla,

WHY IN THE HELL are you and your baby watching TV?

Thank you so very much for starting the electronics/screen addiction in baby T'oh-muh'thee so very early on his life instead of engaging with him 1:1.

I do recall that you were glued to your own phone while you were on the way to the hospital to give birth, so perhaps he inherited that trait from you along with your chin or your eyes?

As you clearly stated, you slept very well last night, so I'm wondering why you didn't make this TEN MINUTE video before your baby woke up for the day? Were you already scheduled to read to the blind or help elderly people cross the street when your baby would be napping later?

You're smart enough to show off your son on social media to garner support for both of you, so why didn't you use that brain of yours to hand him off to your grandparents while you made your video, with him making a cameo appearance at the very end?

Alternatively, you could have kept him occupied with an educational toy, had him on an Einstein baby activity mat, a soft and age appropriate toy or rattle, or unstrapped the wonderful Fisher-Price Calming Seas Projection Soother from his crib and propped it up against a Boppy to keep his little brain on the right track in terms of development. 

You're a smart girl, as you were shown to be able to play your mom and Caelan's mom against each other because while you decided that you were mature enough to keep and raise a baby, you weren't mature enough to find a way to communicate honestly and lovingly to your biological mom about your wishes for your own baby shower.

If you really were stuck on how to be honest with your mom about the shower, you could have Googled "baby shower etiquette" and told your fame hungry TV mongering mother that most people (with a few exceptions) have no business even thinking about having a baby shower for a 2nd baby, let alone a 4th. If your mom was going to "stop loving you" for you not wanting to have a double baby shower, then you should have remembered that  your grandmother would be around to lean on. Remember her? The one who is more of a mother to you than your biological mom. The one who raised you for the last decade. She is the one who (most likely) gave consent and paid several hundred dollars for the ugly ass tattoos on your arm & upper back that memorializes your father.

It sucks that you're now a single parent, but I suspect that you might have predicted this outcome, perhaps even subconsciously, while you were pregnant. You don't deserve to be stuck in this situation, but you can use that brain and intuition of yours to make GOOD choices for your son, every minute of every day. Please don't let the TV/tablet/other screens be a babysitter. You cannot even begin to understand the ramifications this will have on his speech development, mental stamina, communication skills and academic progress. It's also straight up lazy ass parenting!

Signed,

Judgy McJudgerson

I can judge her for the teenage pregnancy, the allowing/engaging in the crazy momma drama, and being too young and immature to stand up to her ridiculous mother....but I'm leaving the TV alone.  From the small snippet of video I saw posted she actually seems like a pretty good mother.  If she has the TV on at all times and doesn't engage with her son, then sure I'll judge away.  But having it in the background or making a video with her kid there isn't neglectful parenting.  You can't interact with a baby EVERY second of the day.  And who says that the other 99% of the time we don't see him in a video he isn't on a play mat or playing with developmentally appropriate toys?

I have a 4 year old who watched a little TV as an infant (not all the time, and mostly just when I needed a break and flipped on a 30 minute show for me while she played or dozed off an on in my arms) and she's A-OKAY.  In fact, she's the youngest in her preschool class (birthday riiiight before kindergarten cut-off) and she's starting to read, can count to 50, and has started doing addition and subtraction.  And she's bilingual.  My youngest is a year old and is being raised the same way.  I refuse to judge this teen mom for having TV on (unless it's ALL the time and she's not doing other parenting necessities because of it), not feeding her baby organic food, or not doing 1 out of the other 5000 things moms get judged for doing/not doing on a daily basis in this society.  If Timothy's basic needs are met, he gets a few stories read to him weekly, and he gets some love and interaction throughout the day he'll be just fine.

• Love 18

Caelin is intelligent, but he's still a teenager and, for the most part, is thinking and behaving like one.   I think McKayla's consistently flat responses when Caelin humored her request for a proposal might have done her in, so to speak, with Caelin.  I mean, really, is a nasal, drone-toned, "I hope so" the best response to your boyfriend's heartfelt, "I love you?"  

The girl has expressed no genuine emotion towards Caelin or towards anyone in her family - or Caelin's (Shelli).  It's plain to see, and it doesn't take a Mensa i.q. to discern she doesn't love Caelin but she does want a father for her baby.  Don't worry, McKayla, you'll find someone who will do the job for you.  I hate to say it, but the well-meaning grandparents may have created a younger, drug-free, version of Shannon in McKayla. The self-centeredness is there, despite the claims (by Shannon) that McKayla is always thinking of others first, blah blah. 

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
punctuation
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, StayingAfterSunday said:

Caelin is intelligent, but he's still a teenager and, for the most part, is thinking and behaving like one.   I think McKayla's consistently flat responses when Caelin humored her request for a proposal might have done her in, so to speak, with Caelin.  I mean, really, is a nasal, drone-toned, "I hope so" the best response to your boyfriend's heartfelt, "I love you?"  

The girl has expressed no genuine emotion towards Caelin or towards anyone in her family - or Caelin's (Shelli).  It's plain to see, and it doesn't take a Mensa i.q. to discern she doesn't love Caelin but she does want a father for her baby.  Don't worry, McKayla, you'll find someone who will do the job for you.  I hate to say it, but the well-meaning grandparents may have created a younger, drug-free, version of Shannon in McKayla. The self-centeredness is there, despite the claims (by Shannon) that McKayla is always thinking of others first, blah blah. 

she teared up when talking about how Tim sang "you are my Sunshine" to her  (and somehow has it *tattooed* on her arm at her age...SMH)

know who Shannon reminds me of?  Amber from Teen Mom OG in ten years!!!!!

• Love 16

I found this little bit about our future millionare Max. He's a man with a plan B if saving money doesn't work out.

https://starcasm.net/exclusive-unexpected-dad-max-schenzel-arrested-for-allegedly-stealing-77-yr-old-womans-credit-cards/

He seems to have a problem with lying and maybe bullying and manipulating people who don't go along with his agenda? I'm glad the grandma stuck to her guns and pressed on with the charges, that's the best thing that can happen to young kids who try the system. Hopefully he won't be spending time in and out of jail while the baby and family he claims to want so much slips away from him.

He'll justify every theft with needing to provide for his child. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, citychic said:

I found this little bit about our future millionare Max. He's a man with a plan B if saving money doesn't work out.

https://starcasm.net/exclusive-unexpected-dad-max-schenzel-arrested-for-allegedly-stealing-77-yr-old-womans-credit-cards/

He seems to have a problem with lying and maybe bullying and manipulating people who don't go along with his agenda?

He also seems to have a problem with arithmetic, bringing a $300 money order to compensate for over $900 that was stolen.

• Love 5

Now things are starting to make a bit more sense with Max. 

https://starcasm.net/unexpected-max-schenzel-sentencing-delayed-for-rule-11-mental-evaluation/

I hope the outcome of this is Max gets the mental help he needs so that he can be a productive part of his child's life but without Chloe. She isn't emotionally strong enough to deal with Max and all that he's about to go through. I can't picture her sitting in a courtroom holding the baby and crying as Max is sentenced.

• Love 6

Max really creeped me out at first as well. I thought he had dead,serial-killer eyes. Then I started to feel badly for him. He just seemed to want a family. Jessica is needlessly nasty about him. Then hearing him get all possessive about Chloe last night? Right back to creeped out. But I still think Jessica is a manipulative, gas-lighting bitch. Disliking one doesn't mean I have to like the other. 

• Love 9