Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup in the Media

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I just found out this show existed. Here is a Starcasm article about it. From that article:

Producers of TLC’s hit reality series 90 Day Fiance are looking to put a new spin on their “finding love off the beaten path” theme with new show Love After Lockup. The series will document couples in which one (or more?) partner is currently behind bars, but soon to be released.

The text-only teaser trailer announcement reads:

From the producers of 90 Day Fiancé
Love After Lockup
They just got engaged…to the person prisoner of their dreams.
Coming in January.

And here’s the first clip:

It's produced by Sharp Entertainment, the production company that brought us the 90 Day Fiance shows, so it should be good and trashy. The only surprise is that TLC didn't scoop it up. It's going to be on WEtv

• Love 1

I can't wait for this!

So not only is Scott still with Lizzie but he's moving to Wisconsin because that's where she will be paroled from.  He's shopping for a house, she calls and tells him that she gets to pick the house, it must have a pool and it must have 4 bedrooms because she's not ready to sleep with him yet.  I've got news for you, Scott.  She probably never will.  She's a con artist and a user.  DUMP. HER.  Save yourself.  

Too early to get a read on the new chick Caitlin but getting kicked out of her mother's house for being "engaged" to an inmate doesn't bode too well for the future.   

• Love 3

Did anyone watch the "Where Are They Now?" episode last night? 

That was gold.  So Garrett pokes fun at James and his bug eyes while James responds with a hey, at least I have a job, a car, a house.  What about you?  Ha!  Frankly, Garrett shouldn't be poking fun at anyone, especially after seeing his trashtastic new girlfriend.  No surprise that he admits he cheated on Johnna with the lunch lady (!!) in prison and then was cheating within a few weeks after getting out.  No telling what's growing in that disgusting beard of his.

Alla, as well as know, is a loon.  Reincarcerated.  Shocker.  Why on earth doesn't James change his phone number?

Also not surprising that Lamar reoffended.  Can't believe that Andrea is still in CA.  Move your ass back to Utah.  

We know that Scott and Angela are being shown on Season 2.  Both suckers.

Only Mary and Dom seem relatively happy and well adjusted.  I am impressed that Dom appears to be doing everything possible to follow the rules of his parole and stay out of trouble.  Good on him.  

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Did anyone watch the "Where Are They Now?" episode last night? 

That was gold.  So Garrett pokes fun at James and his bug eyes while James responds with a hey, at least I have a job, a car, a house.  What about you?  Ha!  Frankly, Garrett shouldn't be poking fun at anyone, especially after seeing his trashtastic new girlfriend.  No surprise that he admits he cheated on Johnna with the lunch lady (!!) in prison and then was cheating within a few weeks after getting out.  No telling what's growing in that disgusting beard of his.

Alla, as well as know, is a loon.  Reincarcerated.  Shocker.  Why on earth doesn't James change his phone number?

Also not surprising that Lamar reoffended.  Can't believe that Andrea is still in CA.  Move your ass back to Utah.  

We know that Scott and Angela are being shown on Season 2.  Both suckers.

Only Mary and Dom seem relatively happy and well adjusted.  I am impressed that Dom appears to be doing everything possible to follow the rules of his parole and stay out of trouble.  Good on him.  

I watched it.  Andrea's situation confused me, why doesn't she go back to Utah?  She's living in some crime filled area and Lamar is back in prison (big surprise) so why is she still there? At least for her kid's sake she should get them out of that area, but then again they're not her first concern. 

Dom seems so traumatized by his experience he'll do anything not to repeat it,  Mary still has sausage lips.

Johanna looks so much better now, I like the lighter hair.  I'm glad she moved on quickly especially since Garret admitted he cheated on her.   She can do better.   Garret looks happy with his thick stripper girlfriend, whatever.

So Scott's spent 90 grand on Lizzie?  Now he's in debt and drinking again, I have a feeling this isn't going to end well.

Angela, rode hard and put away wet,  nothing has changed.

James and Alla, doesn't seem like there's much love between them anymore, and James eyes weren't as bugged out as last season.

Can't wait to start season 2

2 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 5

I missed it, but thanks for the recap. 

James back in prison.... I bet all of her friends back in Utah are singing a chorus of “we told you so!”

Alla will wind up dead. Addicts who don’t accept responsibility will never get clean, when it’s always someone else’s fault.

I don’t understand Scott’s thinking. He’s got the really cute friend who he could probably have a great relationship with, yet he throws his money away on a skank. He deserves whatever happens.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

This may have been posted in the couples’ threads, but here’s the latest recap of who’s together, who’s in jail, etc. If you don’t want to be spoiled, don’t click. :)

https://soapdirt.com/love-after-lockup-which-couples-are-still-together-from-season-2/?fbclid=IwAR1tzWthc5ixVbq8uRQfeaGIHymYMT1VIllUdjaHF6m3IzWrnqtzFPG387o

Spoiler

Omg, lol...I shouldn't laugh at this part of the article but for cripes sake, Tracie!
"But it seems like Tracie is trying to sell her wedding ring online. In the post for the ad, there is what appears to be a crack pipe in the background."

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Woohoo saw an ad for the new season tonight during the Mama June show... bring on the trainwrecks!

This show is like the show other trainwrecks look at and are like "wow...that's bad"

Can't wait!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/28/2019 at 6:29 AM, Reality police said:

New story. 

https://starcasm.net/love-after-lockup-mary-shares-frustrated-reaction-life-after-lockup/

I don't think Mary considers that the reason they aren't on the show is because they were boring and not very likable. 

LOL, she is a bitter Betty.  If I want to watch an uplifting show about couples who are doing well I'll watch something about William and Kate, not someone who married a convict.  Of course I'm watching this show for trainwrecks.  Just LOL at her thinking people tune in to watch well adjusted classy couples.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/28/2019 at 9:29 AM, Reality police said:

New story. 

https://starcasm.net/love-after-lockup-mary-shares-frustrated-reaction-life-after-lockup/

I don't think Mary considers that the reason they aren't on the show is because they were boring and not very likable. 

Not to mention Mary and Dom were married before they began filming. They got married before he went to prison. Lied to production, lied to all the viewers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I have heard it so many times, once you start using meth it’s very hard to give it up. I know two people who are hooked, and broke, living by any means possible to get their next fix.

This just eludes me. At what point does anyone think "Hey it's a great idea to try meth today!" Not knocking your friends here; I have friends addicted to horrible drugs (heroin is pretty popular in my area) and I cannot wrap my head around what makes them try it to begin with. They cannot possibly think this is going to open doors for them, opportunities for them? So why? 

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

This just eludes me. At what point does anyone think "Hey it's a great idea to try meth today!" Not knocking your friends here; I have friends addicted to horrible drugs (heroin is pretty popular in my area) and I cannot wrap my head around what makes them try it to begin with. They cannot possibly think this is going to open doors for them, opportunities for them? So why? 

For the same reason anyone uses drugs of any type ... looking for something to make them feel high, to make their pain go away. It’s the life of an addict. The people I referred to are not my friends, but they are known in the community for their various arrests. They start out with alcohol, then move on to drugs when alcohol doesn’t do it for them anymore. Just like Matt and Traci cannot give it up either.

• Love 1
On 4/27/2019 at 9:06 AM, Reality police said:

So many gems in the first look 

Clint's parents need to lock up all their shit and never leave her unattended around any checkbooks, bank statements or credit card applications.

Tracies basic reaction to "well my mom might not like you because you stole my car" was, to paraphrase "oh, she is still upset about that?"

People who can minimize stealing from friends and family are going to have zero problem doing it again to someone they are even less familiar with.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

This is why we are not drug addicts. Because we have the capable minds to realize it's not a good idea and has no benefit or purpose. 

I have never tried drugs, no desire. I've never had any desire to even try a cigarette. 

I know many people who have had addictions (my nephew's mother for one) and while I try to sympathize it gets to be hard because we just don't understand.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

This is why we are not drug addicts. Because we have the capable minds to realize it's not a good idea and has no benefit or purpose. 

I have never tried drugs, no desire. I've never had any desire to even try a cigarette. 

I know many people who have had addictions (my nephew's mother for one) and while I try to sympathize it gets to be hard because we just don't understand.

12 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I have a little insight.  I believe addiction is some sort of brain-wire crossing where you have the same feeling for the drug that you do for food or water, or at least your brain believes you need it as much.  

If I can put it into perspective - imagine when you are really hungry, you can put it off for a while, but your brain keeps reminding you that you are hungry.  After a while, it gets to be pretty overwhelming, and after a long while, it is literally all you can think about.  That is what drug addiction is like - you can overcome it, but it is REALLY hard.  Your own brain is telling you that you NEED to figure out a way to get it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 5/30/2019 at 2:21 PM, heatherchandler said:

I have a little insight.  I believe addiction is some sort of brain-wire crossing where you have the same feeling for the drug that you do for food or water, or at least your brain believes you need it as much.  

If I can put it into perspective - imagine when you are really hungry, you can put it off for a while, but your brain keeps reminding you that you are hungry.  After a while, it gets to be pretty overwhelming, and after a long while, it is literally all you can think about.  That is what drug addiction is like - you can overcome it, but it is REALLY hard.  Your own brain is telling you that you NEED to figure out a way to get it.

Yes but I don’t feel sorry for addicts tho. It starts as a choice -the only exception being someone who gets hooked on painkillers after surgery or injury.

But the hard stuff? Crack and meth? Miss me with the poor addict routine (in general, not directed at you).  If you have kids you can’t afford to make those dumb decisions. 

• Love 3
On 5/30/2019 at 12:44 PM, Dmarie019 said:

As the child an alcoholic, I am very aware that I am susceptible to addiction to anything (thanks dad). 

My brain is wired that way. I do not use that as an excuse to use. I have never smoked anything, even a cigarette. I can’t take the chance.

But you can become addicted to other things. Shopping, food, tv, whatever. You can use just about anything as an escape from life and after a while it becomes difficult to stop. 

• Love 2
On 7/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, mochamajesty said:

As the child an alcoholic, I am very aware that I am susceptible to addiction to anything (thanks dad). 

My brain is wired that way. I do not use that as an excuse to use. I have never smoked anything, even a cigarette. I can’t take the chance.

But you can become addicted to other things. Shopping, food, tv, whatever. You can use just about anything as an escape from life and after a while it becomes difficult to stop. 

I am actually terrified for my nephews.  Their half brother (same addict mom) apparently has an issue with alcohol at a very young age. I think he was first arrested before he was 21 - actually not sure if he's even 21 yet and he's been arrested many times for alcohol related things. It's sad. And so help me God if he becomes a bad influence on my nephews.  

I’m very confused. Has a new season started or not? The episodes are labeled season 2, but they seem to be going in a higher number than what we previously had (episode 27?!) and the names are different than I remember. If so, which episodes started the new season so I can figure out what to backtrack to start watching? Or, are all of these just the old episodes “repackaged” in some way that the network is giving them new episode numbers?

19 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I’m very confused. Has a new season started or not? The episodes are labeled season 2, but they seem to be going in a higher number than what we previously had (episode 27?!) and the names are different than I remember. If so, which episodes started the new season so I can figure out what to backtrack to start watching? Or, are all of these just the old episodes “repackaged” in some way that the network is giving them new episode numbers?

It’s a new season but for whatever reason production is labelling it “Season 2”. Start with episode 24, here:

• Love 1