Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Jaded said:

Start watching at about 1:30 into this clip where RBM comments about the co-host speculation and that she'll be back next season. Thought some might like to hear it out of the horse's mouth while sporting that awful mane.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!  That’s it, I’m done!

• Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Sigh, thanks for the info Jaded.

Same.

ABC is incredibly stupid to re-hire someone who hasn't just smeared The View, but ABC as a whole regularly. This past year I've watched in spite of McCain, but whether or not I drop The View will depend on if the new co-host is one of Ana/Tara or Huntsman. If it's the latter, I'm out.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 16
(edited)
59 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Same.

ABC is incredibly stupid to re-hire someone who hasn't just smeared The View, but ABC as a whole regularly. Whether I drop The View will depend on whether Ana/Tara join or Huntsman. If it's the latter, I'm out.

They love the buzz, it brings in viewers.   Meghan is the train wreck drawing in gawkers and she doesn't see it that way.  She thinks she is all that.  And we watch! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Wings said:

They love the buzz, it brings in viewers.   Meghan is the train wreck drawing in gawkers and she doesn't see it that way.  She thinks she is all that.  And we watch! 

Not all of us watch!  I read the comments & maybe watch a few clips, sometimes watch the first 10 minutes.  The format is too chaotic..  

I’m sure the haters don’t watch either - just get on social media to say how much they hate Joy.

• Love 7
Just now, WarnerCL45 said:

Not all of us watch!  I read the comments & maybe watch a few clips, sometimes watch the first 10 minutes.  The format is too chaotic..  

I’m sure the haters don’t watch either - just get on social media to say how much they hate Joy.

I am speaking those of us posting here watch or read the thread about the show or both.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Wings said:

I admit it.  I started watching again when Meghan came on after I stopped watching when Joy left.  And she is the disaster I knew she would be.  

It's the (sad) times we live in.  You don't get rewarded for doing your job well or being a good person.  You get rewarded for drawing attention to yourself.  

• Love 14
On 7/24/2018 at 8:41 PM, MelP said:

Meghan has replied to it on Twitter:

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.40.48 AM.png

What arrogance to tell Andy Cohen “The View” is a “news show” now and is completely different than it was before.  I think Meghan is technically correct that ABC classifies it as a “news” show, but when Sherri was there they were interviewing just as many politicians as they are now.  It’s essentially the same format as when Sherri was there - the biggest difference is the cohosts.  Meghan’s response really does justify Sherri’s comments that Meghan needs to “lighten up.” Also if Meghan is going to play the “women can’t tell other women to lighten up card,” then she also, as a woman, shouldn’t tell other women like Sherri not to answer a question with their honest opinion.  

It is kind of funny that Sherri has no problem answering the question so honestly, especially since she was on the show a week ago, and I’m sure she’ll return again a couple more times throughout the year.  She has no fear of Meghan.  

But Sherri was at The View for this infamous segment where Joy was coined a “Christian hater” for laughing and joking with Sherri, so I don’t blame Sherri for her opinion at all.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, MelP said:

Don't lose all hope just yet; remember that Jed also signed on for another season before she was booted for Meghan. So fingers crossed...

The Twitter spat with Soledad O'Brien is quite funny. Under Meghan's "grow up" response, every one is really giving it to her about how spoilt and entitled she (Meghan) is. On The View a few weeks back they were talking about how Twitter has changed its algorithm to hide the more critical and the nasty responses. The fact that they are all still front and centre on Meghan's post says a lot if so. She is of course furiously re-tweeting the few people who are supporting her.

Sounds like Meghan.  She also tends to block everyone who says anything even disagreeable with her — it doesn’t have to be mean.  Search “Meghan mccain blocked” on Twitter and you’ll see many users who have been blocked by Meghan EVERYDAY. Some users even say they didn’t @ Meghan, but she blocked them anyway because she clearly searches her name on Twitter.  #ToughChickBehavior 

• Love 7

Interesting that Sherri did immediately respond to Meghan on Twitter to clarify her comments, but still Meghan didn’t acknowledge Sherri’s tweets and decided to classify them on air as if “Sherri isn’t a supporter of her fellow women!!!” Oh Meghster. You and your spinning. 

• Love 15
On 7/23/2018 at 1:22 PM, atlantaloves said:

Hey RBM where do you still get off saying you are a size 12 or 14.  Honey you are a size 18 plus. Jesus! Just shut up. I could not get over how she was talking about how men just think she is Miss Sex Pot today.  Barf. 

I'm busty so I wear a 16 or 18, depending on the brand and where it's manufactured. MM couldn't get her arms in a 16 or 18; she is easily a size 24. 

• Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, Jan Levenson said:

Oh Meghster. You and your spinning. 

Everything is a personal attack.  The tough chick loves playing the victim every.single.day.

(See also: I can't walk down the streets of NYC because New Yorkers hate Republicans.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16
(edited)
On 7/26/2018 at 1:34 AM, MelP said:

Don't lose all hope just yet; remember that Jed also signed on for another season before she was booted for Meghan. So fingers crossed...

The Twitter spat with Soledad O'Brien is quite funny. Under Meghan's "grow up" response, every one is really giving it to her about how spoilt and entitled she (Meghan) is. On The View a few weeks back they were talking about how Twitter has changed its algorithm to hide the more critical and the nasty responses. The fact that they are all still front and centre on Meghan's post says a lot if so. She is of course furiously re-tweeting the few people who are supporting her.

It gave me quite a few giggles. 

For more amusement, as another poster suggested, search "Meghan McCain blocked" on twitter. The reasons people are giving for getting blocked by the so-called "tough chick" Meghan are hilarious.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL 

She is the exact opposite of Sarah Silverman.  The story Alan Alda told about her reaching out to someone who had said something nasty to her was absolutely meaningless to Meghan.  Meghan won't even try to have a civilized debate with someone.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, backformore said:

that blouse with the plethora of gems on the collar - is that a new fashion?  

because I have seen it twice recently, and never before - on Meghan McCain, and on Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  

Two BFFs swapping clothing?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, backformore said:

that blouse with the plethora of gems on the collar - is that a new fashion?  

because I have seen it twice recently, and never before - on Meghan McCain, and on Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."?

What's good for Sarah is great for me?

Just plain sucking up?

• Love 4
(edited)

Good grief - she is so upset about her Hillary comment she retweeted a comment at 1am that said if you're using her seriously ill father to shame her for not liking Hillary, you are a disgusting person."

What happened to hate Hillary?

ETA - I am on the west coast, 3 hours behind.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7

“She’s cool.  I like Hillary Clinton.  I think she’s put up with a lot of BS.”   Wow!  Sure, told Hillary, didn’t she?

13 hours ago, springtime said:

Meghan's Summer Plans

Time with Dad, Honeymoon, avoid politics...

Apparently she thinks folks are getting their news from The View (and she is solely responsible for providing it!)

The View needs to revisit their old koffee klatch model!

Don’t care about her summer plans.  

• Love 6
16 hours ago, backformore said:

MAybe this is the better thread for this: 

Meghan says "everyone knows I HATE Hillary Clinton." 

Explain THIS! 

I just posted this on the other thread, perhaps I should’ve come here first. She can’t even keep her lies straight.

• Love 7

Seeing the clip of Meghan saying she likes Hillary vs. the clip of her saying that “everybody” knows she “hates” Hillary confirms one thing for me: she’s playing a role on The View. As the lone conservative on the panel, she thinks it’s her job to be the representative of all Republicans, which, as Sherri Shepard pointed out, she’s not. That’s a heavy load to carry and Meghan needs to stop thinking that that’s her role on the show, otherwise it’s gonna break her and she’s too young for that (we’re very close in age). I think Meghan believes that one of the characteristics of a typical modern-day conservative includes “hating” Hillary, which is why she said what she said. I just think all of her contradictory rhetoric is gonna catch up to her eventually, long after she’s no longer a co-host on the show. 

• Love 10
(edited)

MM is still being shredded on her own twitter account for her Hillary comment and many are demanding an apology on Mon. I agree. If Joy had to apologize for her joke on Pence that some took personally as not a joke, MM should have to do the same for saying she hates crooked Hillary, imo.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, maggiemae said:

MM is still being shredded on her own twitter account for her Hillary comment and many are demanding an apology on Mon. I agree. If Joy had to apologize for her joke on Pence that some took personally as not a joke, MM should have to do the same for saying she hates crooked Hillary, imo.

It was so uncalled for, mean, classless and disgusting on her part.  Megan is a hateful person.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Meghan's statement has been the straw that broke the camels back because if you was to search her name on Twitter and scroll down through the top comments timeline.......every single one is straight blasting her hateful ass. I'm disappointed that Joy, Sunny, and Sara didn't say nothing after Meghan said that comment. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Seeing the clip of Meghan saying she likes Hillary vs. the clip of her saying that “everybody” knows she “hates” Hillary confirms one thing for me: she’s playing a role on The View. As the lone conservative on the panel, she thinks it’s her job to be the representative of all Republicans, which, as Sherri Shepard pointed out, she’s not. That’s a heavy load to carry and Meghan needs to stop thinking that that’s her role on the show, otherwise it’s gonna break her and she’s too young for that (we’re very close in age). I think Meghan believes that one of the characteristics of a typical modern-day conservative includes “hating” Hillary, which is why she said what she said. I just think all of her contradictory rhetoric is gonna catch up to her eventually, long after she’s no longer a co-host on the show. 

Her being so defensive about her beliefs tells me she isn't so secure about her beliefs.   Her being in favor of LGTBQ rights runs counter to tribe's poltical agenda.  I don't know how she reconciles that.

24 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It was so uncalled for, mean, classless and disgusting on her part.  Megan is a hateful person.

And she said it so casually with a smile on her face. And yet she finds it wrong when people call her dad names.

15 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Kind of rich for Meghan to call someone else "crooked" when her own husband was fired for plagiarism within a week of being hired by the Washington Post. You know who has never been found to be a plagiarist? Hillary Clinton.

I would love to hear her try to defend that.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, GokaiGreen said:

Meghan's statement has been the straw that broke the camels back because if you was to search her name on Twitter and scroll down through the top comments timeline.......every single one is straight blasting her hateful ass. I'm disappointed that Joy, Sunny, and Sara didn't say nothing after Meghan said that comment. 

I don't watch ABC for propaganda. That type of rhetoric is inappropriate. Hillary lost, what else do they want from her?  

A modicum of respect and professionalism would be appreciated. Joy, Sunny and Sarah should have pushed back on her. 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't watch ABC for propaganda. That type of rhetoric is inappropriate. Hillary lost, what else do they want from her?  

A modicum of respect and professionalism would be appreciated. Joy, Sunny and Sarah should have pushed back on her. 

I know folks don't care for Whoopi that much but there's a reason why she's sitting on that moderate seat. She wouldn't have let Meghan said what she said unchecked just like she had to let Meghan know when James Comey was coming on the show and she said that she couldn't wait to "filet" him which Whoopi immediately jumped in and remind her that this isn't what The View does to guests. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

As much as the other cohosts dislike Trump none of them have ever said they hate him. Meghan's remark about hating crooked Hillary renders her pleas for less tribalism hypocritical.  She has shown herself to be a mean spiteful bitch.   At this point I'm not even sure any Real Housewives show would want her.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

As much as the other cohosts dislike Trump none of them have ever said they hate him. Meghan's remark about hating crooked Hillary renders her pleas for less tribalism hypocritical.  She has shown herself to be a mean spiteful bitch.   At this point I'm not even sure any Real Housewives show would want her.

Whoopie once called him the bum in chief. She had to apologize for that. She clearly did not mean it, but, she did it anyway..

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Her being so defensive about her beliefs tells me she isn't so secure about her beliefs.   Her being in favor of LGTBQ rights runs counter to tribe's poltical agenda.  I don't know how she reconciles that.

If we can all agree on something, I believe it is this: Meghan is extremely insecure. As much as she boasts about not being afraid of this or that, I frankly don’t believe her. She’s a very insecure woman. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

If we can all agree on something, I believe it is this: Meghan is extremely insecure. As much as she boasts about not being afraid of this or that, I frankly don’t believe her. She’s a very insecure woman. 

Even though she would loathe to admit it she has to know everything she has in life is because of who her parents are and not because she earned it.  Her siblings seem to have made their own way in the world.   We don't ever hear about them so I'm assuming they aren't trading on their family's name.   I would have more respect for Meghan if she was being her own person but she isn't.   She is being red state Barbie and living up to every stereotype that comes with that. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I would love to hear her try to defend that.

Oh, that's easy.  Liberal elite media hates Republicans.  (She wouldn't try to justify his actions, just play the victim.)

• Love 7