Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Disagree, but that's just me. IMO none of them look great in that video and every girl there is generally a great dancer.

I love olivia but i noticed this in alot of videos lately she's either early or late , or she's trying to put her own style into it that she ends doing something totally different than every body else, i think she's a great ballet dancer but not a great dcc , they only reason she was in show group is bec of her ballet experience and Judy wants to legitimatize her self as a choreographer so much that she wants every body to be a former ballerina which i don't think goes well with power pom which is what they do , other than Kinzie i don't think any of the other ballet dancers are that gr8 , and nicole hamilton who was the teams so super had barely any dance training before joining the team i don't think their training before is that big of a deal to be honest.

Check out her performances in nationals and you will see what i mean 

Edited by mmm

Has anyone watched the show on iTunes?  The first episode is great and the music is the same.  Episode 2 though, the music is bad.  At different points in the episode, the music is so loud, it drowns out the dialogue.  Finals are my favorite and it's ruined by the bad loud music.

I get the same crappy sound on some of the past iTunes episodes.  I noticed it last week, but I guess I've gotten used to having to adjust the volume or just reading the captions because I can't hear what is being said over the crazy loud (and usually bad) music.  Plus, sometimes, iTunes cuts off part of the episodes.  I remember this particularly with the breast cancer halftime show and the Big & Rich performance--the iTunes episodes cut out those performances entirely!  But what I hate the most about iTunes and this show is how freaking long they take to post each new episode.  Last year, it took up to 4 days sometimes.  This year, episode 2 was up by Sunday afternoon.  Because I hate waiting, I usually watch online, which is the only way I know the iTunes episodes cut out performances that were aired.  Annoying first world problems, I know. 

• Love 1

Yes M1977G, they totally cut the episodes! It was so interesting to see the marathon of Season 8 aired on tv when I had been watching it for so long on amazon instant video and iTunes. They totally cut all the performances!

Why is it that the last two times I set a recording of one of the afternoon catch up marathons I ended up with movies instead? Does anyone know what the ratings are for this season? These last minute scheduling shifts (albeit it on replays) make me wonder if they think the movies can get better ratings.

Some of these appearances are so weird to me.  Like how weird would it be walking through the airport and see professional cheerleaders dancing?  Or be at a sporting event for another sport in a different state and the DCC are there?

Years ago, like maybe the late 90s, I was at the football (AFL - Australian Rules) and they had the DCC there? I have no idea why as Aussie rules has nothing in common with american football! I was part of my teams cheer squad (completely different thing from cheerleading, its a group of supporters of all ages, male and female who sit behind the goals and cheer all game, no dancing required!) and we were waiting in the players race to take out the banner for the players to run through and we got to speak to them. I was only about 16 or 17 at the time but the girls were all really lovely and we had a chat about how different  our cheer squad was to theirs

When are catch up marathons?  I'd love to watch them.

Unfortunately apparently never. I've seen them on my DVR schedule for the last two weeks but they seem to get changed a day or two before to movies.

It's unusual because in past seasons they had them at least once or twice through the season and now we're over half way through and they haven't done one.

I'm not sure. Is it Chandler?

I think it is her. I don't think she's "not cute" like other people have been saying but she's not one of the HD beauty queens. There have been girls who are on the same level of looks who haven't even been allowed into TC for their looks though (redhead Jamie, bring it on Courtney, Kelli who's now on the Mavs), so they must have really liked something else about her. She's got excellent on-camera presence based on that clip.

Weird that they'd pick Chandler as the TCC to feature in this video.  I thought it was a cute video.  I liked that Jordan and Jessica almost always had opposite answers from each other, and Jacie was really funny in her response to the tanning question.  Why doesn't CMT put up videos like that, instead of the "deleted scenes" they post that somehow magically appeared in the episodes?

CMT tv schedule for Making the Team(Woo hoo)  

Tuesday, September 16 

3:00 PM ET/PT on CMT
4:00 PM ET/PT on CMT
Friday, September 19
2:00 PM ET/PT on CMT
3:00 PM ET/PT on CMT
4:00 PM ET/PT on CMT
5:15 PM ET/PT on CMT
6:30 PM ET/PT on CMT
7:45 PM ET/PT on CMT
New!
9:00 PM ET/PT on CMT

Edited by Dopeydwarf

Many people, myself included, have expressed interest in seeing the full solos.  I did a little digging, and allow to present to you... Melissa's solo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srlg7i0di8U

FYI it's not at the DCC tryouts.  But it IS her and she is wearing the same costume/doing the exact same routine.  She's pretty good!

Wow, 2008! I guess if it's a good routine you get as much use out of it as possible, but that's a long  darn time.

Do veterans have to use a different solo every year, or can they use the same one over and over?

Vets have to do something different each time - Kelsey said on Facebook that they spend a lot of time and money on finals prep.

Melissa is wonderful. Incredible really to think that she - as you ladies spotted above - auditioned in 2010 and didn't get through...

It's possible it's not the same routine. I mean let's be honest, most routines of that genre are the same moves strung together in a different order. It's quite possible she recycled the costume and danced to different music. Who knows though. She's amazing regardless.

I would bet there's other moves in that routine of Melissa's but I do recognize a few of them so I wouldn't be surprised if she kept the costume and some of the showier moves, revamped the rest (because there was a LOT of walking in that first piece which isn't going to over well with the DCC judges) and put it out there.  Her routine from 2012 must not have wowed the judges enough so she might have pulled this one out of the closet and reused it.

Damn if Melissa is 21 now, she was only 15 in that video! Wow! Here is another video she posted: 

I only watched the part dancing to Whitney Houston but I liked it better than the other video posted!

I can't believe she didn't make in 2012!  Think of some of the other girls who made it to training camp that year and not Melissa....must have been weight.  Makes you think that the decisions are pretty arbitrary sometimes!

It looks like Tessa auditioned in 2012, too??  http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/photos/behind-the-scenes-photos/2012-preliminary-auditions/attachment/2012_dcc-auditions_44/  I thought she was still with the Colts then. So she tried out for 3 years?

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 1

Damn if Melissa is 21 now, she was only 15 in that video! Wow! Here is another video she posted: 

I only watched the part dancing to Whitney Houston but I liked it better than the other video posted!

I can't believe she didn't make in 2012!  Think of some of the other girls who made it to training camp that year and not Melissa....must have been weight.  Makes you think that the decisions are pretty arbitrary sometimes!

It looks like Tessa auditioned in 2012, too??  http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/photos/behind-the-scenes-photos/2012-preliminary-auditions/attachment/2012_dcc-auditions_44/  I thought she was still with the Colts then. So she tried out for 3 years?

I love Melissa she is amazing. I can't believe she didn't make it the first time she tried either. If it was weight then screw them..there is noting fat about Melissa. That was the year Chelsea made it arrrghhh, she is standing right next to Melissa in the picture #102 but her head is cut off in the pic.

Edited by DCCFAN71

I adore Melissa (and loved seeing that video--thank you!), but she must have seemed like an Elizabeth Reuter situation when Melissa first tried out.  Surely they saw her talent, but even from that higher angle, I can see that her figure would not have read forgivingly on the HD screen.  That was the year they cut Alyssa, Kamilah, Jenna, etc for weight and I think marks the year they really began the HD crack-down.

It's a slow work day so I'm posting a lot! Sorry.

From the latest game -

By the looks of this video, we can deduce it was most likely Jennifer K (now known as Jennifer A?!) that was missing from Aug 16's pregame.

Edited by pink317

RazzleberryPie, that is one of the best DCC videos of all time!  I saw it before but had forgotten all about it.  The girls are so funny and cute and down to earth here, and that guy sitting helplessly in the middle of them while they sing BSB is the icing on the cake, especially when Jennifer starts rubbing on his head!  Thanks for posting.  Way better than Dolphins Cheerleaders lip synching to Taylor Swift.