Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Can I just say that I receive the Dallas Star magazine and I sure wish they had a cheerleader column.  They have a cheerleader photo feature in each issue but it's not enough, besides the fact the photos of the girls are usually awful. Why can't this organization hire a decent photographer? The girls are gorgeous but the photos do not capture that. Women read the magazine as well as men.

Kelli, if you or your office read this column, if the DCC could contribute to the magazine, that sure would be swell.  :0] 

God, how can anyone dance to that song?  I don't even recognize it.  It no beat or rhythm!!!

That would be hard to dance to, especially with stadium acoustics being so hard to decipher. I know sometimes they have a cymbal that follows the kickline beat so they can keep on beat. Kickline definitely seems to matter more than anything, but that makes sense.

BTW - the camera guys really picked up Nicole quite a bit - which is totally understandable. If it were here rookie year, that's a credit to her. She definitely has a look that distinguishes her and is a good performer. I actually think she may be the prettiest DCC since I started watching the show and paying attention. 

• Love 1

I feel for these girls sometimes when it comes to the song choices that are made.  Music is everything for me to get the energy and enthusiasm needed to perform.  The Christmas music and when the girls perform with a musical act seem the hardest as many times the music is not dance music.

• Love 1

I disagree i think thunder struck is the best feature dance they ever did , it's a classic rock song and it will hype you up and in the lyrics they mention texas "we hit the town ,Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun"

• Love 1

It worked on my laptop.

This is exactly what I am talking about.  This is not a dance song, yet the girls have to perform.  I find it awkward.  The girls really prove how professional they are that they make a dance work when it shouldn't.

I agree with the awkward part. To me, the routine looks like the same type of performance rehash over and over again, but this time to a country song on a small stage with the singer. I can picture Judy worrying about the size of the stage, and the girls not being able to understand the count in relation to the music.

Disagree.  I think they did a great job and the routine was fitting..yes there were parts of Thunderstruck, Loud, and quarter changes re-purposed but they dont seem to want to move past those 10 year old moves. Blake specifically wanted to do Hillbilly Bone with them and it looks great to me.

I also thought it looked akward somehow, not bad, just out of place or something. They have great dancers, so why don't they so something a little different for those kinds of performances? What they do works really well in the stadium, but for a show like that I would try to find some different moves.

Not sure if this is posting .... I'm a newbie on the boards - looking for the name of the song used in season 7 episode 2 for the second night of practice  - some of the lyrics are "we were meant to be magical"  Thanks!

(edited)

Hi iah715! I went through the seasons early last year, much like you are doing. I love many of the DCC songs too, and it took be a while to find them (with help :)  ).  Knowing that feeling, i went back and rewatched this episode, and found  your song:

Also i wanted to tell you that part of season 7 Episode 1 is missing from CMT--it's the part where they do the final auditions.  I went to Itunes an downloaded that particular episode for  @ 2 dollars. 

One of the songs that someone helped me find from another season, (the one when Mackenzie was a rookie ) was this song.  i loved it, and here it is (they played a bit of it in Season 7 episode 2 :   

Edited by Dopeydwarf
  • Love 2

I liked the beginning of the article but he kind of lost me in the end because he seemed to be saying that he would be more upset if his daughter missed a Cowboys trivia question than if 1) she didn't know basic civics and American figures and 2) if a gross dude fan oogled her.

• Love 1