Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

..does that mean they aren't "allowed?"

They haven't performed on a USO tour since three tours ago when a certain former member would run off the stage during every performance because she couldn't do the jump splits.  Could just be a coincidence.

That was really cute.  I'm assuming that was the shoot from last spring to make the 2015 calendar, there were quite a few girls in there who aren't reauditioning this year.  I also spotted Morgan a few times.  Anyone else see girls who were cut at reauditions for this past season?

They haven't performed on a USO tour since three tours ago when a certain former member would run off the stage during every performance because she couldn't do the jump splits.  Could just be a coincidence.

Are you referring to Cassie?

Tonight on The Big Bang Theory, CBS ran an ad for the ACM's which are being held at AT&T stadium, hosted by Blake Shelton and some other cute country music guy (I know nothing of country music).  They have them go into the DCC locker room and all the girls are there.  Then the DCC are in the background in the last scene with the guys promoting she show...

Luke Bryan is the other host.

• Love 1

I found some videos of Lacey dancing in her HS drill team. She was captain and could be found front and center in these videos. I can see why she made the team. I wish they featured her more

I only just discovered DCC:MTT a couple of months ago and binge watched every episode on CMT…I’ve been reading through the message boards trying to expand my knowledge of how everything works but I do have one question (sorry if it was discussed somewhere, or this is not the place to ask) – do they specifically choose girls to feature? Like…do they review applications of everyone coming to tryouts and pick people to seek out who look interesting/promising/etc.?  Or do they just randomly go up to girls at tryouts and see who ‘sticks’ or who has drama? It just seems odd sometimes who they decide to follow…like Taylor or Karissa (people who don’t even make the team and it’s pretty obvious they won’t) or Breelan (who I think is beautiful and seems sweet, but has NO wow factor at all)?  I just feel like it’s clear to see who is amazing (Melissa, Lacey…) and it would still be cool to feature them more, so we can get really excited about obvious talent coming to the team!

Do girls ever say, please don’t feature me on the show?

First time poster...been a lurker for a year or so and love this board, and hope this first post doesn't come off poorly, but it caught my attention too much not to inquire.

I found this quote from Kelli in the above linked article impossible to believe:

"All of our cheerleaders have their bachelor’s degrees and 10 have their master’s degree"

How is that possible with girls making the team fresh out of high school?  For instance, I know Breelan was 18 and fresh out of high school when she first tried last season, 19 when she made it this season, and that's only one example.  Not a knock on any of the girls, but you get your bachelor's when you are 22-24 in most cases with full course loads.

I agree there is an often poor and unfair stereotype towards cheerleaders, but assuming common sense applies here and several do not have their bachelor's yet, Kelli mis-representing doesn't help.

Anyway, love the board, love the show, love the team.

First time poster...been a lurker for a year or so and love this board, and hope this first post doesn't come off poorly, but it caught my attention too much not to inquire.

I found this quote from Kelli in the above linked article impossible to believe:

"All of our cheerleaders have their bachelor’s degrees and 10 have their master’s degree"

How is that possible with girls making the team fresh out of high school? For instance, I know Breelan was 18 and fresh out of high school when she first tried last season, 19 when she made it this season, and that's only one example. Not a knock on any of the girls, but you get your bachelor's when you are 22-24 in most cases with full course loads.

I agree there is an often poor and unfair stereotype towards cheerleaders, but assuming common sense applies here and several do not have their bachelor's yet, Kelli mis-representing doesn't help.

Anyway, love the board, love the show, love the team.

"All of our cheerleaders have their bachelor’s degrees and 10 have their master’s degree, while some are still enrolled at various universities" is the complete quote which explains the 18-21 year old girls educational status.

"All of our cheerleaders have their bachelor’s degrees and 10 have their master’s degree, while some are still enrolled at various universities" is the complete quote which explains the 18-21 year old girls educational status.

Yes, but it is inaccurate.  Being enrolled in college does not make you a college graduate.

I do fully understand that it is possible it might have been a misquote from the reporter, however.  But if Kelli actually said that full quote, it is inaccurate and misleading.

I frankly am hoping someone will confirm it was just a misquote.  As it sounds, they are all graduates, post-graduates, or working on post-grad degrees.

Edited by Aegolius
  • Love 1

While Kelli's response wasn't accurate in totality, the point - I believe - was to answer the interviewers question in a brief and succinct manner, in a way that conveyed that the DC Cheerleaders weren't just dancing beauty queens, but were smart and accomplished women who have college educations and were professional in their fields. The interviewer wasn't asking for resumes and a dossier on each cheerleader. :)

While Kelli's response wasn't accurate in totality, the point - I believe - was to answer the interviewers question in a brief and succinct manner, in a way that conveyed that the DC Cheerleaders weren't just dancing beauty queens, but were smart and accomplished women who have college educations and were professional in their fields. The interviewer wasn't asking for resumes and a dossier on each cheerleader. :)

Fair enough.  :)

She looks great! I mean, she doesn't look like one of the super old women that try out where you are like errrr...I don't remember her ever being featured before on MTT?

OMG she does look great!  She could probably even make one of the other teams. 

Maybe someone posted this before but i came across it on youtube tonight and it's one of the better fan videos that I've seen...a family member of Lacey took it? 

Is that Breelan to the right of Lacey in the kick line? (Our right.) I believe it is...and her jump split looks atrocious.

(edited)

Agree to disagree, because I still think it looked atrocious, lol. She hardly jumped and didn't hit the split in the air, just kind of slid down into it.

I rewatched it and to me Breelan's jump looks way lower than Nicole's. Breelan stuck out to me so much because she's right next to Lacey and I was watching Lacey since her name is in the title of the video.

Edited by Oranaiche

I only "discovered" this show at the start of season 6...but as I quickly became addicted, I purchased the previous seasons on my Amazon Prime stream.  SO frustrating - the overwhelming number of episodes is cut down to 20 minutes; so many practices have been removed.  Even in season 6, it's clear there is supposed to be a practice after the commercial break, but then it jumps to the end of the evening evaluation.

But worse than that is the music they use.  So disappointing.