Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Thanks!

But gotta say ... Kelsey? 50 yard line Kelsey left after only 2 seasons? After trying out for so long, I would have thought she'd have stayed at least 3 seasons. Wow.

Not that they’re the same type of person, but I think of Kalyssa leaving to pursue career and modeling opportunities...and here Kelsey is, actually living those opportunities. She meets an awesome guy, they’re traveling the world, getting married, have a successful vlog, he’s super popular and talented in his own right, etc. She might have thought she’d stay longer, but she would truly be missing out on some glorious living if she did. 

Tickled for Miss Kelsey. She really does seem to be living her best life.  

• Love 24
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:51 PM, kalibean said:

Not that they’re the same type of person, but I think of Kalyssa leaving to pursue career and modeling opportunities...

BSG said Kalyssa left a couple months before the end of the year. I'm taking it she didn't get her rookie ring then?  Seems a shame to go through the entire year then miss out of that memento, if its true.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

BSG said Kalyssa left a couple months before the end of the year. I'm taking it she didn't get her rookie ring then?  Seems a shame to go through the entire year then miss out of that memento, if its true.

She didn't. But if it was that big of a deal for her to get it, I'm sure she would have stuck through and did some appearances/took classes to get it and THEN did her "modeling"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

She didn't. But if it was that big of a deal for her to get it, I'm sure she would have stuck through and did some appearances/took classes to get it and THEN did her "modeling"

She may have been cut or told to get her act together or leave. She must have decided "modeling" was more important than being a DCC.

39 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She may have been cut or told to get her act together or leave. She must have decided "modeling" was more important than being a DCC.

She mentioned that she took up an opportunity that she couldn't refuse (or something like that) so I took that suggest she just surrendered her remaining duties and left on her own. So yes, to her "modeling" was more important that going on appearances and taking dance classes as a DCC. She literally completed the hardest part (season). All she had to do to end her rookie year was show up to a few events. IDK I guess she just didn't feel like it. We don't know everything though. Perhaps during season she was on thin ice and was dismissed.

• Love 3

I personally think she was given the same deal as Holly, follow the rules and stay, resign, or be cut. So she quit. If she’d been cut, Kalyssa could get far more publicity for being the DCC who was cut for nude pics. That might attract Playboy more than just hashtags. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

She mentioned that she took up an opportunity that she couldn't refuse (or something like that) so I took that suggest she just surrendered her remaining duties and left on her own. So yes, to her "modeling" was more important that going on appearances and taking dance classes as a DCC. She literally completed the hardest part (season). All she had to do to end her rookie year was show up to a few events. IDK I guess she just didn't feel like it. We don't know everything though. Perhaps during season she was on thin ice and was dismissed.

She also posted in a comment on her IG that now no one tells her what to do or how to act.  Who knows?  I never got the feeling she was there for the squad or "sisterhood".  We all know many are there for the opportunities it offers and that's understandable.  For me, there will always be something odd about Kalyssa that I can't precisely pinpoint but know didn't quite sit right.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

She may have said that to cover up the fact she was cut or was told to get her act together or be cut to save face.

If Kalyssa was cut, how could she file a lawsuit because her naked pictures came out after she left the squad. If she left the squad to follow her modeling career, how can she bring a lawsuit against the DCC organization. or anyone else for that matter.

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

She also posted in a comment on her IG that now no one tells her what to do or how to act.  Who knows?  I never got the feeling she was there for the squad or "sisterhood".  We all know many are there for the opportunities it offers and that's understandable.  For me, there will always be something odd about Kalyssa that I can't precisely pinpoint but know didn't quite sit right.

Rumor on the street was that Kalyssa had been spoken to regarding the state of her Instagram a few times.  It was also mentioned that "she keep her clothes on or put some clothes on" a few too many times and she was cut from the team when she didn't change.  Yet, I have no idea how accurate this is.  I could believe it though.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TrashPanda said:

Rumor on the street was that Kalyssa had been spoken to regarding the state of her Instagram a few times. 

In what way, I wonder? I don't remember seeing any racy photos on her instagram while she was on the team.

• Love 4

She did seem to play to the male component far more than the female component starting in auditions (that shimmy, anyone?).  I know football is primarily a man's game but women enjoy it too, thus the need to be gorgeous but non-threatening, girl-next-door.  Want to attract the fans but not repel them either.  What took that shimmy from dance move to over-the-top was the look on her face while performing it.  Looking straight at the judges with a smile on her face to looking down (and not in a flirt-with-the-floor way) with more of a smirk than a smile.

38 minutes ago, TrashPanda said:

Rumor on the street was that Kalyssa had been spoken to regarding the state of her Instagram a few times.  It was also mentioned that "she keep her clothes on or put some clothes on" a few too many times and she was cut from the team when she didn't change.  

If the above were true (I'm not saying it is or isn't), then it does seem odd Kelli would come on Kalyssa's IG after Kalyssa left the squad and comment "put some clothes on".  I saw the comment myself but now can't find it.  It may have been deleted.  I believe it was on the now infamous black and white nude Kalyssa posted.

Even the highlighted section of what I've attached is interesting.  I still doubt Kalyssa ever had plans to be a DCC for several years though.

kalyssa comment nude b&w 2.jpg

• Love 1

It looks like Kalyssa left the squad or was cut in early February. The nude pictures were posted on her instagram in March. I seriously doubt she would have a case against Kelli and/or the DCC Organization due to Kelli's comment. She would have to prove the comment hurt her "modeling" career, and the comment was made after she was cut or left the team.

(edited)

I must have missed something because I don't know how the lawsuit idea came up.

ETA:  Never mind.  I think I found it.  janitorjim's comments on the DCC IG account?

Edited by go4luca
(edited)

We're welcoming back the @DCCheerleaders to #BiminiBliss for their 2019 calendar shoot! Join us next weekend where they'll be hosting a party at Luna Beach on 5/19 and get the chance to meet them! Don't miss out and book your stay today: http://rwbimini.com

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, go4luca said:

kalyssa comment nude b&w 2.jpg

I'm sorry but that is just a weird photo for anyone to take. Full face of makeup, nude, but an unsexy towel on the head? What?

• Love 8
On May 12, 2018 at 10:40 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I personally think she was given the same deal as Holly, follow the rules and stay, resign, or be cut. So she quit. If she’d been cut, Kalyssa could get far more publicity for being the DCC who was cut for nude pics. That might attract Playboy more than just hashtags. 

OH she was asked to leave immediately--

but allowed to leave gracefully! Everyone was horrified- especially Charlotte?

• Love 1

That towel photo is almost identical to the glasses photo. Is that all she can do? I mean, she's got a lovely back, but wow, she needs to find a new photographer, or take modelling lessons or something. She's already redundant. And yeah, I don't get the nude, but with a towel wrapped around her head. Girl is making some odd choices. 

• Love 4
Just now, go4luca said:

Just watched Lauren surprise her Mom for Mother's Day and I'm a mess.  My Mom is gone.  I would give anything to have a moment like this again. 

was sooo good wasn't it. LOVED her Mum's reaction...Miss my Mum sooo much.

• Love 6

Every time we rewatch the CMT seasons, we're surprised to see that a lot of the current DCCs tried out several years before making it. I know there are a few over the years who made it their first try, like Jenna, Jacie, Danielle, Tara and Savannah. Do we know who else made it on the first try from this current squad?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Do we know who else made it on the first try from this current squad?

I believe Lacey was 18 when she made it.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Lauren, Nicole, Sasha, Brooke, Tobie, Jordan C., Emma, Holly, and a lot of girls have made it the first time they tried out.

I meant from the current squad.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Amy, Tasha, Alexis,KaShara and I am drawing a blank on who else is on the current squad (made it back to TC again.)

Edited by bigskygirl
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Lauren, Nicole, Sasha, Brooke, Tobie, Jordan C., Emma, Holly, and a lot of girls have made it the first time they tried out.

Not Lauren.  According to a 5 Points Blue article , she did not make it her first try:

"There are only so many spots on the team, so it’s very competitive.  But you’ve all got to get along with each other.  Did you have that kind of understanding the first time you auditioned?  Fans who see you on the sideline would be surprised to know you had to come back a second time before you made the team."

• Love 1

Alexis? I thought she was in some pictures from the prior year at tryouts. I could definitely be wrong however. 

Yuko, Kashara (?), Cersten, Maggie all made it on the first try I believe.

3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not Lauren.  According to a 5 Points Blue article , she did not make it her first try:

"There are only so many spots on the team, so it’s very competitive.  But you’ve all got to get along with each other.  Did you have that kind of understanding the first time you auditioned?  Fans who see you on the sideline would be surprised to know you had to come back a second time before you made the team."

Lauren from Season 5. Cersten and Maggie did not try out again. I believe Gina also made the squad the first time she tried out last year.

(edited)
On 5/14/2018 at 9:59 AM, bigskygirl said:

Lauren from Season 5. Cersten and Maggie did not try out again. I believe Gina also made the squad the first time she tried out last year.

@bigskygirl, now I see the confusion.  The original question from @cgloss had asked about the current squad, so that's the Lauren I was posting about.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:46 AM, cgloss said:

Edited by go4luca
clarification
On 5/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, MrsEVH said:

Is it confirmed that Chantel retired? 

According to comments on this IG post she did.

So, did this lady who seems to have forgotten to shave her armpits get into training camp? Or maybe that's just really unfortunate razor burn? If she did make camp, who is she? 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, M1977G said:

So, did this lady who seems to have forgotten to shave her armpits get into training camp? Or maybe that's just really unfortunate razor burn? If she did make camp, who is she? 

If you zoom in you can clearly see she shaved haha. Some girls just have darker tinted skin under their arms

15 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Lol, I definitely didn't zoom in on her pit. Did she make it to training camp? 

Haha I’m just saying generally. I know a lot of people commented on the Insta picture and I felt so bad for her! 

And no she only made it to semis 

• Love 1

CMT showed a season 11 episode, Amy was so sweet and Kelsey was such a good sport. Will miss Kelsey. Girl was just so hot.

Forgot how some of the comments were so harsh from the judges. Oye. 

• Love 6

Since the shoot is at a different time this year, I imagine rookies will be getting ready for camp, moving to Dallas, etc. If they're smart, they'll try to squeeze in another class or few with Michelle Keys or Kitty, Jenn, and company to work on power, clean moves, learning choreography quickly, flexibility, etc to be in top form for the start of camp. I think in years past, the rookies had rehearsals with assistant choreographers. 

• Love 5