Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I hope Christina re-auditions and makes it but never ever says out loud again how many years she auditioned before. ;)   I really hope Bess comes back. She is so underrated. She is so fun to watch and great at the DCC style. I think Chantel will retire, I like her but I saw so many times where she did single rotations instead of a double pirouette in the routines so I don't know what is up with that but its very noticeable on the big screen. I am hoping for returning of Kash, Cersten, Lacey, Jinelle, Robin, Bess, Amy, Maddie, Savanna but with more spice, Tara, Kelli, Maggie, Heather, Kalyssa, Alexis, Lexi, Kaylyn, Tasha, Lauren, Kelsey, Gina -shes good but needs to work on DCC style IMO, Molly also bring more sexy into movements with upper body, I would like to see see Jessika return because I enjoy watching her when she is in great shape but she needs to stay lean. Miranda and Stephanie. The rest either didn't do it for me or I have a feeling they will retire.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Kelli never says it's ONLY hard to make DCC and toher teams are easy. Just emphasizes how hard it is to make DCC.

Not mutually exclusive. 

True. It's just the way they go on and on about themselves -- how hard it is to make the team, they're the best of the best, what a privilege and honor it is to be a DCC, comparing their kicks to the rockettes'  -- makes it SEEM like she thinks they're above and beyond everyone else. It's the DCC party line.

• Love 2

Don't recall seeing this before. From Holly P's youtube. BUT. Have to say it. Even with Her Royal Highness All Hail QUEEN JACIE front and center, Holly P, Jinlle, Amy T, I want to watch KASHARA. 

Yes, KASHARA. Girl has power and spark. Outdancing Jinelle, Rachel, Mary, Amy T and HOLLY, keeping up with Queen Jacie. Looks like Kashara's rookie year, too.

She didn't have anything 'handed to her' that she didn't earn.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Don't recall seeing this before. From Holly P's youtube. BUT. Have to say it. Even with Her Royal Highness All Hail QUEEN JACIE front and center, Holly P, Jinlle, Amy T, I want to watch KASHARA. 

Yes, KASHARA. Girl has power and spark. Outdancing Jinelle, Rachel, Mary, Amy T and HOLLY, keeping up with Queen Jacie. Looks like Kashara's rookie year, too.

Holly looks tired when she isn’t hidden. Why did she add that to her YouTube channel? She’s had better clips than that. 

• Love 1
On 1/9/2018 at 0:22 PM, hannahbanana said:

All her instagram tags seem to point toward modeling. Whether she actually has a contract or just hopeful, who knows.

On 1/10/2018 at 0:40 PM, Jazzhands said:

They all look like they’re auditioning for the Real Housewives of Dallas. ?

Instagram pays big bucks these days, but my money is on reality tv. Get a good spot on The Bachelor where you make final 3 or 4, then sign up to be The Bachelorette. DWTS and make the Bachelor Family rounds for a few years until she meets a nice guy with a great job, gets married and has some kidaroos. 

Wouldn’t be the life for me but sounds pleasant enough. Kalyssa has some brains on her and she’s very attractive, though I don’t see her having a unique enough look for acting and such. But reality turned entertainment news correspondent? Sure. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

lol sure.

• Love 6

My Holly hating heart loves that she was blocked out for at least half the dance LOL But I thought they were all pretty equal as far as dancing and showmanship. I didn't really zone in on anyone in particular. They were exactly what they were supposed to be, uniform.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Holly looks tired when she isn’t hidden. Why did she add that to her YouTube channel? She’s had better clips than that. 

Agreed. She doesn't look good at all there. The only two who appear to have any spark are Jacie and Kashara (ETA: on rewatch, I think Jinelle looks good here too). It does seem like it's frigid outside, which could have contributed to the lackluster performance (I hate being cold, so I get it), but that's definitely not the DCCs at their best. 

I've never seen this performance before. Any idea why Jenn K. was not dancing that night?

Edited by Jess14
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. She doesn't look good at all there. The only two who appear to have any spark are Jacie and Kashara (ETA: on rewatch, I think Jinelle looks good here too). It does seem like it's frigid outside, which could have contributed to the lackluster performance (I hate being cold, so I get it), but that's definitely not the DCCs at their best. 

I've never seen this performance before. Any idea why Jenn K. was not dancing that night?

Makes me miss Erica's lazy ass. She really is THAT GOOD.

God I can't wait until Robyn moves up to triangle. Put her up there with Kashara and I don't care who else, and you've got DYNAMITE. Pretty but approachable and BAM dancing.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

God I can't wait until Robyn moves up to triangle. Put her up there with Kashara and I don't care who else, and you've got DYNAMITE. Pretty but approachable and BAM dancing.

I wish he had at least gotten to see her just once at point. I really don't like Jenna at point. Yes she is good but she is too tiny for this spot and she looks out of control. And you can also see the difference in Lacey. She has definitely upped her game after everything that happened.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't she already retired by then?

Melissa and the other redhead had already retired as well...maybe it was around Jenn's surgery?

11 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Did Kalyssa quit or is something up, she hasn't Tweeted from her official DCC Twitter account since November 18th. That's weird...

I was wondering the same thing 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

It's interesting because I love Robyn, but I didn't really notice her at all in the routine. Part of it is just that she is in the back, which definitely has an effect. I find Erica and Jenna to be the class of the field in this dance (though my eyes keep wandering to Jax(?) as well), but they're also front and center along with Melissa, who has never wowed me in DCC choreography. She's good, but I would rather watch her do tricks. Jenna is the opposite. I find her solos (clips that I've seen) to be mediocre, but I think she excels in the DCC choreo. That video really just reminded of how much talent the team lost between 2016 to 2017. With that said, I would still like to see Robyn up front if she returns next year.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I was wondering the same thing 

If she quit or left the team, her DCC twitter page would have been taken down. She may be in the dog house with Kelli and/or Charlotte for something leading to her not posting anything for a while.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If she quit or left the team, her DCC twitter page would have been taken down. She may be in the dog house with Kelli and/or Charlotte for something leading to her not posting anything for a while.

It looks like Kalyssa has never been a big poster (only 10 tweets, plus she also liked a tweet in early December), so I could see this just being her not having any interest in using her official twitter. I am curious if there are any posting requirement for the official twitters. Like I imagine they want you to make some posts, but would they actually hold it against a cheerleader for not posting enough?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, amateurathlete said:

It looks like Kalyssa has never been a big poster (only 10 tweets, plus she also liked a tweet in early December), so I could see this just being her not having any interest in using her official twitter. I am curious if there are any posting requirement for the official twitters. Like I imagine they want you to make some posts, but would they actually hold it against a cheerleader for not posting enough?

Her bio is still up on the DCC site  (seemed like Milan's was removed pretty quick). She has DCC pictures on her IG account. 

Yeah I feel like Kalyssa is just bored with this already. Anthony Ramos comments all over her IG pics, maybe she kept in touch. I think she definitely wants to move to Hollywood to pursue some kind of career there. I think she would be great entertainment correspondent.

Triangle next year (I hope) - Lacey at point w/ Robyn & Maggie either side. I'd love to see Bess move up, but I don't know if she will come back for another year. 

• Love 4

I love me some AC/DC as much as any other 80s metal head, but it is past time to change up the DCC intro. It's done, washed up and overplayed. "Thunderstruck" has got to go.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I’m surprised they didn’t have Holly on the end.  I thought the stronger dancers are one the outside edges of any formation.

I have this weird feeling that Kalyssa and Milan got into some type of drama, at their appearance at Planet Tan on November 11th...next thing we know Milan up and quits which doesn't seem like Milan at all... and Kalyssa hasn't really tweeted at all since that day. Something doesn't feel right here, but I feel there is a connection somehow. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

I have this weird feeling that Kalyssa and Milan got into some type of drama, at their appearance at Planet Tan on November 11th...next thing we know Milan up and quits which doesn't seem like Milan at all... and Kalyssa hasn't really tweeted at all since that day. Something doesn't feel right here, but I feel there is a connection somehow. 

@McKinezeInFloMnd are you hinting at this because you actually know something, or is this pure speculation?

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
On 1/11/2018 at 9:39 PM, DanceChick said:

That's just lighting. You can see the light on her body, too.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:32 PM, go4luca said:

Speaking of Kalyssa, ever see this wild photo of her with is it, purple (!!!), hair?  This is from when she auditioned and made the Thunder Girls squad.

Source article

kalyssapurple.jpg

Other teams mostly NBA teams let girls have crazy colors in their hair. I think it's cool , one of the girls in the Clippers triangle has blue hair 

13 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Haven't heard anything about drama with Kalyssa and Milan.

Honestly can't get any info about Milan quitting except the usual i.e. she's very type A, puts a ton of pressure on herself, school is more important than DCC, her family is loaded so she doesn't need or want DCC as a stepping stool to fame and fortune (if she wanted to go be a dancer she already has somebody to foot the bill, but not what she wants BTW).  Also knew she had climbed the ranks about as far as she ever would.

It came down to kill yourself to keep weight and spend all time on a part time job, get yelled at for things you can't change, or take the chance to study abroad and excel in school. Sometimes tables get turned and its a shock when girls value themselves more than DCC, but needed. Don't know how her schools semesters go as to why she didn't wait until regular football season ended though.

Alexandra just up and quit. Proved she made it and then was over it and ready to move back home. They should've seen that one coming.

• Love 3
On 1/13/2018 at 1:57 AM, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Did Kalyssa quit or is something up, she hasn't Tweeted from her official DCC Twitter account since November 18th. That's weird...

I also found it odd that Kalyssa was made out to be such a star and an "exciting" new veteran that had it all: looks, dance, poise. But she was never invited to the podcast and seems to get less love on the DCC Instagram.  I was surprised that Keyra + Selina were both chosen to do the podcast as opposed to some other girls, since we know that Kelly choses which girls do the podcast.  Something is definitely up with Kalyssa.

I don't see Kalyssa staying for more than another year if that. I think if she is offered something bigger and better she will take it, and will otherwise bide her time with DCC.   

Do we know there is going to he another season of MTT? This is my first season watching before the show tapes. Do they normally announce the show has been renewed or are we just going on the factnit hasn't been cancelled? 

27 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Haven't heard anything about drama with Kalyssa and Milan.

Honestly can't get any info about Milan quitting except the usual i.e. she's very type A, puts a ton of pressure on herself, school is more important than DCC, her family is loaded so she doesn't need or want DCC as a stepping stool to fame and fortune (if she wanted to go be a dancer she already has somebody to foot the bill, but not what she wants BTW).  Also knew she had climbed the ranks about as far as she ever would.

It came down to kill yourself to keep weight and spend all time on a part time job, get yelled at for things you can't change, or take the chance to study abroad and excel in school. Sometimes tables get turned and its a shock when girls value themselves more than DCC, but needed. Don't know how her schools semesters go as to why she didn't wait until regular football season ended though.

Alexandra just up and quit. Proved she made it and then was over it and ready to move back home. They should've seen that one coming.

Milan has me conflicted. On one hand, her education really is more important than DCC in the long run and it sounds like she was doing a great job in school. On the other hand, she shouldn’t have tried out if it was going to interfere with her school plans and it just seems wrong to quit mid-season. But I wish her the best with her future.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, MelissaB326 said:

Milan has me conflicted. On one hand, her education really is more important than DCC in the long run and it sounds like she was doing a great job in school. On the other hand, she shouldn’t have tried out if it was going to interfere with her school plans and it just seems wrong to quit mid-season. But I wish her the best with her future.

Totally agree. Don't think she planned to go abroad when she auditioned.

One hand of me says QUITTER. You knew they would be on you for weight, etc. like they are on EVERYBODY and not matter how good you were before, you won't always be the special snowflake rockstar. Finish your commitment. You knew how it was from seeing a ton of drama your rookie year.

Other hand says STICK IT TO THEM, MILAN. You know your education is more important than a year or two of pro cheer, and they did snark at you for being so serious about school. You know your limits and see how fast they fall in and out of favor with girls. Move on but don't be mad if your name is mud with DCC.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stee said:

I was surprised that Keyra + Selina were both chosen to do the podcast as opposed to some other girls, since we know that Kelly choses which girls do the podcast.  Something is definitely up with Kalyssa.

I know that not all the girls wanted to do the podcast so mayBe she didn’t want to do it? 

I know that you had to sign up in order to be on so maybe Kelly just picked who was paired from the girls that wanted to participate.

I can understand not wanting to make that long ass drive but I think Keyra said that Kalyssa lives in Frisco, so I dunno. 

I feel like I’m not helping, nevermind lol 

• Love 3

I’m with those who speculate that Christina and Savanna are potential cuts for next season...but then I rewatched season 10 and believed the same of Simone.  I still don’t know how she made it over Courtney.  But clearly there was improvement.  So maybe Christina will surprise us all. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

I know that not all the girls wanted to do the podcast so mayBe she didn’t want to do it? 

I know that you had to sign up in order to be on so maybe Kelly just picked who was paired from the girls that wanted to participate.

I can understand not wanting to make that long ass drive but I think Keyra said that Kalyssa lives in Frisco, so I dunno. 

I feel like I’m not helping, nevermind lol 

I think it’s odd, too. Maybe she’s like Whitney I, and they like the looks of her better than having her speak very much.

Not saying Kalyssa would make some of the same choices as Whitney (let’s not dredge up that dead horse again), but Whitney sounded not very sharp and straight up hayseed, especially her rookie season. 

I do wonder if they’re given the choice to not do podcasts, appearances, etc. or if that reflects badly if they don’t. 

Rewatched the one scene with Milan and Miss Kitty. Milan was not been put down because she put school over trying out for Show Group. Judy, Kelli and Miss Kitty were impressed with her 4.0 grade point average. Milan may have not known she had a chance to go to another country for school before she tried out again, or she may have been told it would not happen during her school year. I say she is better off with getting a good solid education than being a DCC.

In relations to not doing podcasts or appearances...It can bite a girl in the behind. Angela did not make Show Group for at least three years because she kept turning down appearances. As Kelli said, a DCC cannot pick or choose which appearances or other DCC activities you want to do. If they did not want Whitney I. to speak much, she would not have been point girl, in Show Group, group leader or would have been selected for PB.

Edited by bigskygirl

Once the season is in full swing, you’re a vet, and you know it’s your last year - how much of a time commitment is the team? By the time Milan quit, there were only 4 home games left, you’d think most would just ride out the last few games and leave in good standing rather than quitting so close to the end. 

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In relations to not doing podcasts or appearances...It can bite a girl in the behind. Angela did not make Show Group for at least three years because she kept turning down appearances. As Kelli said, a DCC cannot pick or choose which appearances or other DCC activities you want to do. If they did not want Whitney I. to speak much, she would not have been point girl, in Show Group, group leader or would have been selected for PB.

I actually thought it was screwed up that they used her turning down performances in the past as a reason for her not to make show group. I'm sure there were other reasons as well, but that bugged me. Maybe she had a demanding job in the past or was taking classes, so she was turning down appearances then, but its possible that her situation had changed when she tried out her last year. It's like they pretend like they want people who have other things going on in their lives, but then hold it against people who cannot drop everything in their lives for an appearance. 

It's why I give Milan a bit of a break. On one hand, I find it very hard to believe that she suddenly decided that school was too hard during November(?) of her sophomore year, but on the other, if she just decided that she was sick of pretending like DCC was as important as school to her, I can understand that. 

• Love 3

Hmmm... In the case of Angela, she was turning down appearances for awhile. She said a major part of the reason why she came back for fifth year was Show Group. There were other girls on the team with regular full time jobs or going to school full time, but they were able to make appearances. Three year vet Amy was able to finish school and get a challenging internship with a children's hospital, and she said Kelli and Judy were willing to work with her when it came to appearances including Show Group appearances and practices. If Amy was willing to meet Kelli and Judy half way when it came to appearances and performances, Angela could have done the same thing. You cannot wait until things get better to make Show Group or go on appearances especially since she trying out for SG for three years. She knew the score, but she was not willing to meet Kelli and Judy half way, or they were tired of her excuses she was making to go get out of appearances. Angela knew her rookie year she would be asked to go out on appearances. If she could not handle making appearances or is not willing to work something out, it is on her and not Kelli and Judy.

Edited by bigskygirl
6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Hmmm... In the case of Angela, she was turning down appearances for awhile. She said a major part of the reason why she came back for fifth year was Show Group. There were other girls on the team with regular full time jobs or going to school full time, but they were able to make appearances. Three year vet Amy was able to finish school and get a challenging internship with a children's hospital, and she said Kelli and Judy were willing to work with her when it came to appearances including Show Group appearances and practices. If Amy was willing to meet Kelli and Judy half way when it came to appearances and performances, Angela could have done the same thing. You cannot wait until things get better to make Show Group or go on appearances especially since she trying out for SG for three years. She knew the score, but she was not willing to meet Kelli and Judy half way, or they were tired of her excuses she was making to go get out of appearances. Angela knew her rookie year she would be asked to go out on appearances. If she could not handle making appearances or is not willing to work something out, it is on her and not Kelli and Judy.

Are you getting this from the show or from something else? I haven't watched that episode in a while, so it is possible that more was said, but I don't remember anything else being said about Angela other than Shelly saying that she had turned down a lot of appearances. I feel like it speculation to say what appearances other girls were making or that Angela wasn't willing to work something out. She was a 5 year vet and a group leader, so if she hadn't been doing her job or was unwilling to go the extra mile, then K&J probably shouldn't have made her a group leader. 

• Love 3

If she was turning down a lot of appearances, it does not sound like she was willing to work out being able to do so. By the way it looks, she was going on appearances her last year. She came back for her fifth year expected to make Show Group. Kelli said a girl should not expect seniority to work in her favor in order to get things like Show Group. It sounds like she was willing to make the effort in order to get what she wanted her last year. To say it may have been a job or something else taking her time in relation to doing appearances when other girls have more challenging jobs or college schedules as a good excuse to her turning down a lot of appearance when others were willing to work around their schedules to do the same thing is not a good enough excuse. Obviously Kelli and Judy think the same way especially when Angela said she wanted Show Group because she could go to other countries and spend time with her friends as the main reason why she wanted Show Group. She wanted to pick and choose instead of realizing you are expected to go on appearances or have a darn good reason why you are turning down a lot of appearances.

5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

They just wanted other people on show group over Angela, and used turning down appeareances as the reason.

Thank you!  I never really considered Angela to be show group material anyway. I had and still have no idea why everyone thought she should have been a shoo in at the time. I also thought that most of that “turning down appearances” drama was just for the show. Especially since Kelli and Judy made such a big deal over Carissa and show group.  Carissa made show group and at one point, straight up told Kelli and Judy she had to get a job. Not make appearances. 

Edited by LMarchBand
  • Love 3

Carissa did not stay she could not make appearances. She said she could not go out for Show Group because she wanted to get a job to help her family. I am sure she was willing to work with Kelli and Judy when it came to going out on appearances. Angela thought she was a shoo in for Show Group. She obviously was turning down appearances for awhile and thought this was her year to make Show Group, and she came back for her fifth year thinking she had it made. I do not think Kelli and Judy made this excuse as the number one reason Angela was not going to be in SG. Like Kelli said, seniority does not get you what you want. A DCC cannot pick and choose what she wants. Angela knew when she signed her DCC contact she would be asked to make appearances. If thought she could turn down appearances and kept turning them down while thinking she wanted SG, she should have retired. She wanted SG because the girls go on special performances and appearances, and the chance to spend time with her friends and go to other countries. Plus the fact, she did not turn down the chance to go to London when the Cowboys played a game over there. She was the reason why she did not make SG for three years.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Carissa did not stay she could not make appearances. She said she could not go out for Show Group because she wanted to get a job to help her family. I am sure she was willing to work with Kelli and Judy when it came to going out on appearances. Angela thought she was a shoo in for Show Group. She obviously was turning down appearances for awhile and thought this was her year to make Show Group, and she came back for her fifth year thinking she had it made. I do not think Kelli and Judy made this excuse as the number one reason Angela was not going to be in SG. Like Kelli said, seniority does not get you what you want. A DCC cannot pick and choose what she wants. Angela knew when she signed her DCC contact she would be asked to make appearances. If thought she could turn down appearances and kept turning them down while thinking she wanted SG, she should have retired. She wanted SG because the girls go on special performances and appearances, and the chance to spend time with her friends and go to other countries. Plus the fact, she did not turn down the chance to go to London when the Cowboys played a game over there. She was the reason why she did not make SG for three years.

I did not say that Carissa said she could not make appearances.  I said she told Kelli and Judy that she had to get a job.  One could then make the assumption that she would not be able to go on Show Group appearances.

I just don't think Angela was Show Group material and that's why she didn't make Show Group.  I think that was the show making it out to be more than what it was.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LMarchBand said:

I did not say that Carissa said she could not make appearances.  I said she told Kelli and Judy that she had to get a job.  One could then make the assumption that she would not be able to go on Show Group appearances.

I just don't think Angela was Show Group material and that's why she didn't make Show Group.  I think that was the show making it out to be more than what it was.  

This is what I think happened, too. When they want somebody for something, they’ll make a way. Let’s take the convo over to former DCC, too.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 2
On 12/01/2018 at 3:03 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

I hope Christina re-auditions and makes it but never ever says out loud again how many years she auditioned before. ;)   I really hope Bess comes back. She is so underrated. She is so fun to watch and great at the DCC style. I think Chantel will retire, I like her but I saw so many times where she did single rotations instead of a double pirouette in the routines so I don't know what is up with that but its very noticeable on the big screen. I am hoping for returning of Kash, Cersten, Lacey, Jinelle, Robin, Bess, Amy, Maddie, Savanna but with more spice, Tara, Kelli, Maggie, Heather, Kalyssa, Alexis, Lexi, Kaylyn, Tasha, Lauren, Kelsey, Gina -shes good but needs to work on DCC style IMO, Molly also bring more sexy into movements with upper body, I would like to see see Jessika return because I enjoy watching her when she is in great shape but she needs to stay lean. Miranda and Stephanie. The rest either didn't do it for me or I have a feeling they will retire.

Apart from finding her a mediocre dancer, the CONSTANT reminders of how many times she auditioned before, while wiping away a single tear each time, and how she deserves to make the team. just had me climbing the walls and just rolling my eyes at her every time she was on screen.  newsflash, you don't deserve to make the team just because you've tried out so often.  That's not how the world works.  you can try your hardest, put in all the work and still fail, still not make the team, still not get the job, still not past the test. working towards something does not equal deserving it.  I know it's done for the drama of it all, and not every viewer will have seen every other episode of the season so they have to be informed that shes tried a million times before, but it had me wanting to scream at her to shut up

• Love 4