Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

Taryn, Madeline, Brianna, Brennan, Selinda. I can’t remember the others 

Just found a slideshow of the finalists and Erin is the last one. I believe there were 6 altogether that were cut from TC.

7 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Just found a slideshow of the finalists and Erin is the last one. I believe there were 6 altogether that were cut from TC.

Yes I remember her now! To be honest the only one I’d be bothered about seeing return would be Madeline 

36 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Yes I remember her now! To be honest the only one I’d be bothered about seeing return would be Madeline 

I'd like to see Taryn come back but I think Kelli didn't care for her.

Erin was the first one cut and Taryn was the last.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I'd like to see Taryn come back but I think Kelli didn't care for her.

Erin was the first one cut and Taryn was the last.

I liked Taryn but her very angular face is off at certain angles.

I wonder if Briana knows how to cook now.. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

It should not matter which college team you danced on, or if your close friend is on the team and a favorite. I do remember Keyra saying she tried out the year before and was cut at semi-finals? due to weight. I also think you are missing my point. There has been girls in the past who were in better shape and better dancers who were cut at finals or in TC for supposedly having a big behind or having a softer mid section, but Keyra comes in and makes the team because she knows Cersten. What happen to the girl has make the team on her own merit. The whole thing reminds me of Stephanie H. from Season 5. Was called out for weight during TC, but she made it because she was Brooke's best friend. She ended up being a one and done girl because Brooke left the squad, and I would not be surprised if she was called out for weight the entire season. Connection is all fine and dandy, but a girl should not be on the team for connections alone.

I don't think she made it only because of Cersten. She obviously had a strong recommendation and they already knew her since she was around. Not sure how she actually performs, but every single guest during tc singled her out so I don't think it's fair to reduce her to being Cersten's bff. Yes, she wouldn't make it (probably) if the rookie class and the whole squad were stronger, but that's the case with half the girls at this point.

• Love 8

It does't matter to me if KaShara has done it all and has nothing to work for--being a leader is important in and of itself.  I don't think she will retire and I don't know nearly as much as ya'll do.  You don't just quit because you made it to the top. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think she made it only because of Cersten. She obviously had a strong recommendation and they already knew her since she was around. Not sure how she actually performs, but every single guest during tc singled her out so I don't think it's fair to reduce her to being Cersten's bff. Yes, she wouldn't make it (probably) if the rookie class and the whole squad were stronger, but that's the case with half the girls at this point.

Yeah, I think several of the rookies would've been cut if the group had been stronger this year. I think Christina and Savannah especially should send Holly and Erica gift baskets because I don't think either would be on the team if they didn't leave/get dismissed. Now, Keyra isn't blowing me away from the videos that I have seen this season, but there's nothing that's so bad about her performance that makes me think that she's there in spite of her dancing. She's fine IMO. Do I think Kelly may have cut her for her body type if Keyra didn't have connections? Perhaps, but it's not like she's jiggly or anything. I think it's a good thing for the team to have some girls with some curves like Kashara or who are a bit thick like Keyra and Rachel. Everybody doesn't find the stick thin girls to be the most attractive. With that said, Keyra is short and on the stockier side, so she doesn't have a lot of leeway when it comes to weight. If she were to gain a few pounds in the offseason, like we've seen with several girls, I think she would be done.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I think foreigners are automatically given a leg up. Eg. Jinelle/Angela/Yuko. And don’t forget Colby (yes born in the US but lived in London). How she was ever even considered for training camp I have no idea 

She was the one that several of the male judges were salivating over!  She doesn't really look like her, but for some reason, Colby made me think of Michelle Pfeiffer.

colby.png

colby Michelle_Pfeiffer.jpg

• Love 2

I hope Taryn does come back but ONLY if she wants to and is aware that somebody doesn't like her for whatever reason (her look?).  I remember hearing that she was hopping mad when she was cut (and possibly again when she heard about all the girls who left by pre/mid season) and she has every reason to be, I think.  She was a better dancer/performer than some of the girls they took in and she gets cut.  Frankly, I hope that there's a HUGE pool of candidates next year and so many amazing, beautiful girls that MOST of the vets have to worry about their spots because the girls are great dancers, are beautiful with great figures, intelligent and well-spoken.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

A lot of girls retire after 3 years, and KaShara has nothing left to aim for. She’s a group leader, on show group, point in the triangle and now she’s going to pro bowl. That’s what Jenn K had last year and she retired. No where to improve 

I totally agree. A perfect example of third year's the charm. Kash was lucky to ascend the ranks in three years. I would totally retire and hope for All Star if I were her. And let's face it, that 5th year charm isn't much to stick around for. It's up there in tackiness with Judy's satin jacket and baseball cards. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Are KaShara , Jennifer Kathryn, and Brittany Evans the only 3 yr vets to be chosen for PBC?

Dory Braddy - 3rd yr 92-93

Tandra Cromer - 4th yr 93-94

Dory Braddy - 5th yr 94-95

Regina Tucker - 4th yr 95-96

Shelly Boston Bramhall - 5th yr 96-97

Stephanie Strunc Reese - 4th yr 97-98

Pennie Booker - 5th yr 98-99

Megan Willsey - 4th yr 99-00

Cindi Alsobrook - 5th yr 00-01

Melissa Guiterrez - 2nd yr 01-02

Shannon Gulbis - 5th yr 02-03

Kelly Stus - 4th yr 03-04

Brandi Nace Redman - 4th yr 04-05

Lynlee Allen - 4th yr 05-06

Megan Fox - 3rd yr 06-07

Misty Duncan - 5th yr 07-08

Nicole Hamilton - 4th yr 08-09

Justine Phillips - 5th yr 09-10

Brittany Evans - 3rd yr 10-11

Ally Traylor - 5th yr 11-12

Whitney Isleib - 5th yr 12-13

Jackie Bob - 5th yr 13-14

Nicole Bulcher - 5th yr 14-15

Holly Hubbard - 5th yr 15-16

Jennifer Amburn - 4th yr 16-17

KaShara Garrett - 3rd yr 17-18

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

To be honest the only one I’d be bothered about seeing return would be Madeline 

You had better prepare yourself now because Madeline appears to be the type of young woman who has both the money and time to devote an entire year to prepare for the next DCC auditions.  I expect that she will use every opportunity to attend prep classes, take private lessons from former DCC, and socialize and network with as many current and former DCC as possible to become part of the sisterhood.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It should not matter which college team you danced on, or if your close friend is on the team and a favorite. I do remember Keyra saying she tried out the year before and was cut at semi-finals? due to weight. I also think you are missing my point. There has been girls in the past who were in better shape and better dancers who were cut at finals or in TC for supposedly having a big behind or having a softer mid section, but Keyra comes in and makes the team because she knows Cersten. What happen to the girl has make the team on her own merit. The whole thing reminds me of Stephanie H. from Season 5. Was called out for weight during TC, but she made it because she was Brooke's best friend. She ended up being a one and done girl because Brooke left the squad, and I would not be surprised if she was called out for weight the entire season. Connection is all fine and dandy, but a girl should not be on the team for connections alone.

I agree it shouldn't, but that's not the way the world or DCC works. It's kind of like knowing the people on the hiring committee at any job. Your application will always receive extra attention.  Besides, EVERYTHING on this team is based on favoritism.

EVERY DECISION MADE ON THIS TEAM IS SUBJECTIVE.  All the powers at be are fine with her in uniform.  So am I.  I definitely believe she was top 36 in the room, even before the vet cuts.  She easily outshines Savannah and Christina.

I think the LSU tiger girls have a justified leg up because they dance the DCC style, the coach (who they worth with) can give K and J feedback, and they've had success with many other girls from that squad.

If your background, references, and experience were a non-factor, there would be no need for applications or resumes

• Love 9

Was Brittney Evans ever point girl? 

2 hours ago, California Girl said:

You had better prepare yourself now because Madeline appears to be the type of young woman who has both the money and time to devote an entire year to prepare for the next DCC auditions.  I expect that she will use every opportunity to attend prep classes, take private lessons from former DCC, and socialize and network with as many current and former DCC as possible to become part of the sisterhood.  

By bothered I meant she would be the only one if she returned that I would be glad. She seems like a lovely girl and a great dancer! 

2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I *think* it's just the zipper, but omg ?

Resized_Screenshot_20171228-021154.jpg

So many pictures look like such bad camel toes 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Are KaShara , Jennifer Kathryn, and Brittany Evans the only 3 yr vets to be chosen for PBC?

Jennifer was in her fourth year.

2 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Cersten looks great from the neck down. I would kill to have that body, but facially she is not all that. Those shorts...OUCH! That's gotta hurt down there a little bit! ?

WHAT?! I think she's so pretty!!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I don’t think it was a coincidence that they axed the fan vote after two years of having to take girls that had virtually no hope of making the team. Colby and Jackie were terrible candidates.

I agree.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

It does't matter to me if KaShara has done it all and has nothing to work for--being a leader is important in and of itself.  I don't think she will retire and I don't know nearly as much as ya'll do.  You don't just quit because you made it to the top. 

Well I don't think being a leader of a cheerleading squad matters so much. She got everything this year so while i'd love to see more of her, she should retire on a high note.

46 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well I don't think being a leader of a cheerleading squad matters so much. She got everything this year so while i'd love to see more of her, she should retire on a high note.

Agreed 

34 minutes ago, mmm said:

No what she was in the triangle for two years

Who beat her for point? I would have thought she would be a shoe in 

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Cersten looks great from the neck down. I would kill to have that body, but facially she is not all that. Those shorts...OUCH! That's gotta hurt down there a little bit! ?

Exactly the reason I doubt they’d make her point 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

It depends on if she loves it or not. If she loves being a DCC then she should continue. If she was just doing it to see how many achievements she could reach, then yeah, leave. I get the impression she actually loves what she's doing so there is no reason for her to stop now that she's at the top. Ride the wave.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

It depends on if she loves it or not. If she loves being a DCC then she should continue. If she was just doing it to see how many achievements she could reach, then yeah, leave. I get the impression she actually loves what she's doing so there is no reason for her to stop now that she's at the top. Ride the wave.

It’s a shame because I LOVED KaShara her first two years, but after everything she was handed this year (in my opinion unfairly) I’ve become resentful of her and want her to retire to give someone else a shot 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Agreed 

Who beat her for point? I would have thought she would be a shoe in 

Exactly the reason I doubt they’d make her point 

Crystel , then Whitney 

6 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I understand Whitney, she was amazing. I never saw enough of crystals dancing to comment on whether that was the right choice 

i LOVED Crystal at point!!! she had so much energy, just so fun to watch. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I hope Taryn does come back but ONLY if she wants to and is aware that somebody doesn't like her for whatever reason (her look?).  I remember hearing that she was hopping mad when she was cut (and possibly again when she heard about all the girls who left by pre/mid season) and she has every reason to be, I think.  She was a better dancer/performer than some of the girls they took in and she gets cut.  Frankly, I hope that there's a HUGE pool of candidates next year and so many amazing, beautiful girls that MOST of the vets have to worry about their spots because the girls are great dancers, are beautiful with great figures, intelligent and well-spoken.

Taryn was not DCC material in my opinion. If anyone should be upset about being cut and two vets left the team during TC or left after the season started, it should be the three vets who got the axe at finals. They took back Tasha, Stephanie and Selina with their weight issues, but Allie, Healther and Raylee were cut. I personally think Charlotte did not like Raylee for some reason, so she had to go. I am sure Allie was put on weight probation during her first season. Heather may have had an off day, but there were other vets who did not have an outstanding audition who came back.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

i LOVED Crystal at point!!! she had so much energy, just so fun to watch. 

Me, too. She made it look effortless. Britney is very talented and hard working, but irritated me. I think it was her voice and that simpering expression. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Even if she loves it, she’s accomplished about everything possible in DCC, and she may well have other passions or things that she loves that cannot be done simultaneously with DCC. I guess my point is that if she, leaves, i don’t think it should be seen as her only being in it to get as many achievements as possible. Of course, if that is why she did it, I don’t really see the issue either, but I’ve never been one to care about girls doing this for the “right” or “wrong.” What’s right or wrong is subjective  to me.

Kashara is mid-20s now right? For basically all of the girls, if they have aspirations of having real nomdancing careers, then it would seem to be a good time to start transitioning to that anyway. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Ya know... now that I look back, they really didn't need to cut Raylee. 

Charlotte did not like her for some reason, so she got the ole DCC axe. I admit she was not a standout, but I think she is better than a lot of the girls who made the team the last two years.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Even if she loves it, she’s accomplished about everything possible in DCC, and she may well have other passions or things that she loves that cannot be done simultaneously with DCC.

That's kind of what I mean, if she has other things she wants to do then go do them, if she enjoys what she is doing she shouldn't have to retire just because she has collected all the achievements. I don't know enough about her to know what her life goals are beyond DCC. Like, does she want to be a doctor, does she want to be an actress, does she want to be a dancer, does she want to get into the business side of DCC? She might want to be the next Judy or Kelly for all I know. I just think she shouldn't quit just because she hit all the highlights if she still enjoys the dancing.

• Love 2

With retirement speculation at the forefront, here are the ones I really hope come back:

Lacey, Bess, KaShara, Robin, Simone, Cersten, Heather, Kelsey, Khalyn, Maggie, Yuko, Gina, Kalyssa, Lexie, Savannah, and Tara. 

My best case Leader picks:

1 - Lacey, Cersten

2- KaShara, Simone

3- Bess, Maggie

4- Robin, Heather

and my dream triangle...

KaShara

Cersten            Lacey

Heather             Robin             Maggie

Savannah          Yuko               Lexie                Simone

Yup, I know not many would agree...but we all have our faves! :)

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Safefortheplanet said:

With retirement speculation at the forefront, here are the ones I really hope come back:

Lacey, Bess, KaShara, Robin, Simone, Cersten, Heather, Kelsey, Khalyn, Maggie, Yuko, Gina, Kalyssa, Lexie, Savannah, and Tara. 

My best case Leader picks:

1 - Lacey, Cersten

2- KaShara, Simone

3- Bess, Maggie

4- Robin, Heather

and my dream triangle...

KaShara

Cersten            Lacey

Everything was fine until you got to the last row ??

Also, off topic but I love Kalyssa and she is definitely one of the best rookies (if not THE best). But I can see her retiring after this year and moving to LA. Maybe she will continue seeing Robby Hayes from the Bachelor franchise (anyone have an update on them?)

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Also, off topic but I love Kalyssa and she is definitely one of the best rookies (if not THE best). But I can see her retiring after this year and moving to LA. Maybe she will continue seeing Robby Hayes from the Bachelor franchise (anyone have an update on them?)

I would riot in the streets. 

33 minutes ago, Safefortheplanet said:

KaShara

Cersten            Lacey

I just feel like shaking the table, so I would -love- to see..

Robin

Cersten            Lacey

Amy L             Stephanie            Maggie

Chantal          Heather O              Khalyn                Maddie

-> Kashara

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

and my dream triangle...

KaShara

Cersten            Lacey

Pretty please, no.  I cannot do another year of the Kashara hype, even if deserved.  My wish is that they never have ANYONE at point two years in a row.  There is too much talent and dedication by multiple team members to not spread the wealth around.   That is my major problem with one lady getting all the accolades.  This is a team.  No one does it alone.  It is a collaborative effort, EVEN if K and J don't like some of the girls.

ROBIN MUST BE IN THE TRIANGLE NEXT YEAR.

Also, I have a real problem with group leaders not being up front.  They're front and center during quarter changes.  If they're good enough to teach the dances and do all matter of heavy lifting for the squad, then they need to be up front.  IMO the front diamond should be the four group leaders, no questions asked.

I'll just let others rip your fourth row to shreds.  We can all dream, though.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Could just be an unflattering photo. 

A little off topic, but has anyone seen this illustration? It is very creative and super cute, methinks. Done by Caricatures by Matt:

Screenshot_20171228-081909.jpg

He's working on pictures of the girls in their Christmas outfits now...

• Love 1

Savannah will be lucky to make the team again next year let alone be anywhere up front in the triangle! 

5 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Pretty please, no.  I cannot do another year of the Kashara hype, even if deserved.  My wish is that they never have ANYONE at point two years in a row.  There is too much talent and dedication by multiple team members to not spread the wealth around.   That is my major problem with one lady getting all the accolades.  This is a team.  No one does it alone.  It is a collaborative effort, EVEN if K and J don't like some of the girls.

ROBIN MUST BE IN THE TRIANGLE NEXT YEAR.

Also, I have a real problem with group leaders not being up front.  They're front and center during quarter changes.  If they're good enough to teach the dances and do all matter of heavy lifting for the squad, then they need to be up front.  IMO the front diamond should be the four group leaders, no questions asked.

I'll just let others rip your fourth row to shreds.  We can all dream, though.

I agree. No one should get two years point when there’s so many other great options.

Robin trumps Cersten in every way in my eyes. 

If they trust GLs to lead, they should be good enough to be up front and centre 

• Love 3