Type keyword(s) to search

Elizabeth & Andrei: Ballroom Blitz

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Yes it does but I'm a "get off my lawn" type of guy so at least we can get a drink together & grumble about them.

I have been a get off my lawn type since the 90's, so......where do we meet up?

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Am I cranky old lady for wanting gender reveal parties to end?  Be honest - I can take it!

Is that the official start of gift buying? No idea what is wrong with coffee and cake.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, you bring a gift to the gender reveal in most cases, all of the showers, and some have a meet the baby event later, for more gifts.   

The gift grab is out of control. People do get tired of always ‘giving’.

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
On 6/18/2022 at 8:12 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Am I cranky old lady for wanting gender reveal parties to end?  Be honest - I can take it!

Gender reveal parties are one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. If I were ever called upon to bake a cake for one, I'd make it purple just to mess with them.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Gender reveal parties are one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. If I were ever called upon to bake a cake for one, I'd make it purple just to mess with them.

Also how do you know the baby will even agree with that gender when it’s older lol?

• Applause 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Don't forget that in addition to a gender reveal event, you're also expected to give a gift for the "sprinkle" which is another new gift grab-a baby shower for 2nd, 3rd, 4th babies, and so on. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Love 3
On 6/20/2022 at 3:26 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Come sit with me.  Never wanted to know the gender, I like surprises and I figured I would push harder, lol.  

On 6/19/2022 at 12:25 PM, Frozendiva said:

The gift grab is out of control. People do get tired of always ‘giving’.

Which is why I avoided at ALL costs being a bridesmaid in the 80's.  Waaaay too much money involved with no reward.  Nowadays?  Expectation is you are an employee who get fired from your position.  Bitch, I am ONLY expected to show up, on time, dressed nicely and sober.

There were many reasons I had my two male young adults as my attendants.  No drama.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, monagatuna said:

She’s actually…not bad?

I think she’s pretty average. She stays on key but I’m not crazy about the stylization. I could see her at a local open mic night or talent show

• Love 3
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think she’s pretty average. She stays on key but I’m not crazy about the stylization. I could see her at a local open mic night or talent show

She needs a good vocal coach if she is serious. She sounds like she is singing through her nose at points. They can teach her proper techniques for breathing, belting etc. Going for high powered or high octave range songs and really damage your voice without proper training.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She needs a good vocal coach if she is serious. She sounds like she is singing through her nose at points. They can teach her proper techniques for breathing, belting etc. Going for high powered or high octave range songs and really damage your voice without proper training.

I agree, 100%. At least we saw Evelyn (in Vermont) working with a coach. She didn't just wake up one morning in hers 30s and decide, "Hey, I like to sing. I want to be a singer..." like millions of unrealistic teenage girls. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6

Maybe Libby wants to add "singing" to her acting career. If you haven't seen this, you're in for a treat. PS, if you can't get enough, you can watch the entire movie on Freevee: 

Edited by magemaud
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
13 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe Libby wants to add "singing" to her acting career. If you haven't seen this, you're in for a treat. PS, if you can't get enough, you can watch the entire movie on Freevee: 

I think she played a cashier on Homeland too.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Wink 1
On 6/21/2022 at 1:01 AM, magemaud said:

Don't forget that in addition to a gender reveal event, you're also expected to give a gift for the "sprinkle" which is another new gift grab-a baby shower for 2nd, 3rd, 4th babies, and so on. 

Just say "no"....  It'll be fine!  I think people having baby showers for 2,3,4,5 kids is just a present grab and I just say no, thank you.  Give them a card if you MUST but presents?? Naaa.

• Love 3

HOUSEWARMING PARTY:   What sort of so-called "professional singer," an INVITED GUEST as the wife of the "intended" guest...goes on a house tour and tries to push the hostess into singing?  The hostess "is not comfortable" and says so.  The "professional singer" continues to push...to the point of (almost) ridicule.  She continues to bully HER HOSTESS and makes condescending comments.  She looks like a fool!  Rude, entitled fool!

We might make comments about Elizabeth's various talents, but WE ARE not invited guests. (Actually, I haven't seen Elizabeth's performances, so I have no opinion.)

• Love 4
On 9/5/2022 at 2:28 PM, Back Atcha said:

HOUSEWARMING PARTY:   What sort of so-called "professional singer," an INVITED GUEST as the wife of the "intended" guest...goes on a house tour and tries to push the hostess into singing?  The hostess "is not comfortable" and says so.  The "professional singer" continues to push...to the point of (almost) ridicule.  She continues to bully HER HOSTESS and makes condescending comments.  She looks like a fool!  Rude, entitled fool!

We might make comments about Elizabeth's various talents, but WE ARE not invited guests. (Actually, I haven't seen Elizabeth's performances, so I have no opinion.)

She has a new post up on her instagram account singing supposedly…… https://www.instagram.com/p/CiFlOJFgcC_/

2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Not my bidness.

It's your bidness if she makes it your bidness, which is exactly what she's doing, because you can't be in show bidness without an audience. So it's everyone's bidness. And everyone's entitled to an opinion.

• Love 3
On 9/8/2022 at 12:17 AM, endure said:

Now block head daughter Ellie has her own youtube channel 🙄     https://www.youtube.com/c/ElliesWorldKids

Didn't anyone ever warn her not to walk around with a lollipop in her mouth? 

Libby actually sounds better than I expected but of course she's lip-syncing to a studio recording with editing, auto-tune, etc. that can improve anyone's voice. She can sing, she sounds fine but I'm not wowed. Her facial contortions are distracting. 

She'll definitely get exposure that other wanna be singers would never get due to her being on TV but even the 90DF alums who made recordings have been "one (or two) hit wonders" and quickly forgotten. Is anyone still buying "Don't Lock Your Number" or "Zara"? (If they ever did!) Don't quit your day job with Daddy, Lib. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Libby actually sounds better than I expected but of course she's lip-syncing to a studio recording with editing, auto-tune, etc. that can improve anyone's voice. She can sing, she sounds fine but I'm not wowed. Her facial contortions are distracting. 

She'll definitely get exposure that other wanna be singers would never get due to her being on TV but even the 90DF alums who made recordings have been "one (or two) hit wonders" and quickly forgotten. Is anyone still buying "Don't Lock Your Number" or "Zara"? Don't quit your day job with Daddy, Lib. 

She makes faces like she’s pinching a loaf.

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

She'll definitely get exposure that other wanna be singers would never get due to her being on TV but even the 90DF alums who made recordings have been "one (or two) hit wonders" and quickly forgotten. Is anyone still buying "Don't Lock Your Number" or "Zara"? Don't quit your day job with Daddy, Lib. 

11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I agree even with the all the exposure it is very difficult to make it in the music world and her age will be against her too but she can spend her money on whatever she  wants and I think it will be on stage presence, many commented on her facial expressions more so than anything and that had to hurt. But they should be embarrassed for their daughters you tube channel, they are really pushing it too far there imo.  

• Sad 2
9 hours ago, endure said:

I agree even with the all the exposure it is very difficult to make it in the music world and her age will be against her too but she can spend her money on whatever she  wants and I think it will be on stage presence, many commented on her facial expressions more so than anything and that had to hurt. But they should be embarrassed for their daughters you tube channel, they are really pushing it too far there imo.  

Yeah Andrei the Creepy Giant dancing around in rainbow colors is the stuff of nightmares.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah Andrei the Creepy Giant dancing around in rainbow colors is the stuff of nightmares.

I watched the stupid sleep walking video, Andrei puts two bed pillows in the oven, how brilliant is that on a kids video, then blockhead the kid goes behind him and takes them out of the oven, to me that’s just not even kid friendly, it’s just stupid.  I would personally rather have my kid watch violent terrorizing cartoons like I did growing up or the Three Stooges lol 😂 

• Love 4
On 9/9/2022 at 11:43 PM, endure said:

Andrei puts two bed pillows in the oven, how brilliant is that on a kids video, then blockhead the kid goes behind him and takes them out of the oven, to me that’s just not even kid friendly, it’s just stupid.  

Stupid and DANGEROUS! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Elizabeth wants to become the Muse of Nursery Rhymes, but never told her mother the talent agent before the Professional Singer happened to see a keyboard in her at-home studio.  Maybe the mother is too focused on planning her own birthday party to have noticed and advance Libby's lifelong talent.  (Also, Jenn's ex-husband is a radio personality who would probably have connections in the recording industry.)

In the bonus scenes from the first episode, Chuck and Andrrrrei were at the barber shop, where all heart-to-heart conversations must occur.  Chuck said Libby was so great at karaoke that a stranger complimented her one night.  Chuck also said that he wants to return to the dating scene. 

I think that the family will do anything and everything to stay in front of the cameras.  Chuck is chasing a spot on The Single Life.  And, Libby is trilling the "r" in Andrrrei's name more than ever, and Andrrrei is playing up his angry outbursts.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
On 8/29/2022 at 9:31 PM, magemaud said:

Yeah, I think I was just shocked that she could actually carry a tune a little bit. Usually when we see people on these shows trying to do something that requires talent, they're average at best (think of all the "models" we've seen on here, and Ed's photography is nothing special, for example). On second hearing, her voice actually made me cringe. Though I do think there's something she could do with her voice, it's not actually good. It has potential, but it's not a moneymaker. If she kept this firmly in hobby mode, she'd possibly be happy with it. 

• Love 1
On 9/20/2022 at 4:24 PM, monagatuna said:

Yeah, I think I was just shocked that she could actually carry a tune a little bit. Usually when we see people on these shows trying to do something that requires talent, they're average at best (think of all the "models" we've seen on here, and Ed's photography is nothing special, for example). On second hearing, her voice actually made me cringe. Though I do think there's something she could do with her voice, it's not actually good. It has potential, but it's not a moneymaker. If she kept this firmly in hobby mode, she'd possibly be happy with it. 

That's well put, and I think makes a lot of sense. The problem here, with these teevee "stars" is that most of not all have other ideas. They are not happy with hobby mode, just enjoying something for the sake of enjoying it. They (Libby for one) seem to have some delustions of grandeur. I will give her credit because there is genuine affection between her and Andrei and she is articulate and not a wuss but I think her bit of being an actress/or singer is her reason for doing this seires. ( that and the $perks)

• Like 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

That's well put, and I think makes a lot of sense. The problem here, with these teevee "stars" is that most of not all have other ideas. They are not happy with hobby mode, just enjoying something for the sake of enjoying it. They (Libby for one) seem to have some delustions of grandeur. I will give her credit because there is genuine affection between her and Andrei and she is articulate and not a wuss but I think her bit of being an actress/or singer is her reason for doing this seires. ( that and the $perks)

Maybe she could be a character actress but she is not attractive enough to be a lead.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Maybe she could be a character actress but she is not attractive enough to be a lead.

So, she would be one of the first people killed in a horror movie. 

If she loves to sing and Ellie loves to hear it, let her warble to her heart’s content under that feather lamp and let the rest of us sing to our kids ourselves. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I used to think andreiiiii was a hottie but he's lost his charisma.  Worse, he is rude and mean to Libby.  Is this an act?  

I don't think so - I think it's how they act together. A cynic would say that they looked more like a married couple when they were bickering in the car together than they probably seemed when they were trying to sweet talk the interviewer. Too bad the interviewer wasn't in the car with them.

• Useful 3
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think so - I think it's how they act together. A cynic would say that they looked more like a married couple when they were bickering in the car together than they probably seemed when they were trying to sweet talk the interviewer. Too bad the interviewer wasn't in the car with them.

I don’t like the way he talks to her but I think she is unfazed by it because she knows he’s all bark and no bite.

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t like the way he talks to her but I think she is unfazed by it because she knows he’s all bark and no bite.

True, I have also seen her give to him quite good as well.  I think that is just their dynamic, same dynamic she has with her entire family. If I had to choose between Andrei and Ed I would choose Andrei, he is rude but not a gaslighting emotionally abusive prick.

• Like 1
  • Love 6