Type keyword(s) to search

Elizabeth & Andrei: Ballroom Blitz

• Start Topic

On 6/19/2020 at 10:54 PM, Frozendiva said:

It is normal and healthy but I felt it was a bit exploitive.

Thank you!!!  You described it how I was struggling to capture:  Normal and healthy but yes, a bit exploitive.  Like I said in another thread, I was waiting for a tagline/voiceover:  "This scene has been brought to you by the Le Leche League of Florida!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 6/19/2020 at 7:46 PM, mmecorday said:

I'm not a fan of Libby and Andddddrey but their baby is seriously cute.

But how about tania's sisters little boy.  I could have just died he was so cute and happy.

• Love 2

I have no trouble with women breastfeeding in public and I don't mind if they cover up or not. They're breasts and nipples (smaller than Colt's) and are not being used in a titillating (hee hee) way. 

What I DO have trouble with is that the Karen coven is so vile I feel like they were just showing off or trying to make some dumbass point. I don't think it was about feeding their babies. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I had to find Libby's first wedding dress.  It's more conservative than the Moldovan wedding dress.  So, the mother's and Coven's reactions and concerns were unnecessary.  She could have worn the same gown and covered her arms with a stole for the church ceremony, which she is going to do anyway.  

https://www.ksmithsonphotography.com/tlcs-elizabeth-andrei-of-90-day-fiance/

I think she looked gorgeous in her first wedding and I don't know why she can't wear the same dress in the second wedding, unless she ruined it in the sand n' sea photo shoot. I think I remember her saying it wasn't her "dream dress" and that's why she wanted a new one?

• Love 4

Does Andrei understand that Chuck is not legally obligated to pay for his wedding? For God's sake, he is so damn immature. And what guy makes such a big deal about a wedding? Especially when they are TWO YEARS into their marriage. I was starting to soften up about these two because of Pillow Talk, but this ass has snapped me right back to where we left off with their season.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Teri313 said:

Does Andrei understand that Chuck is not legally obligated to pay for his wedding? For God's sake, he is so damn immature. And what guy makes such a big deal about a wedding? Especially when they are TWO YEARS into their marriage. I was starting to soften up about these two because of Pillow Talk, but this ass has snapped me right back to where we left off with their season.

I think he does know but does not care, as Annnnndddrei knows that Chuck has a soft spot for Lib and will do anything for her.  I agree about a guy caring so much about a wedding (unless he wants to be the proud peacock, boasting in front of his family) as we will be married three years this October and my hubby could not care about weddings.  At all.  Anymore.  Annnndddei has it in his head that if Chuck paid W amount for the sister's weddings (and that is on them for oversharing such information) then by golly, HE gets equal footing.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:29 AM, mamadrama said:

I have no trouble with women breastfeeding in public and I don't mind if they cover up or not. They're breasts and nipples (smaller than Colt's) and are not being used in a titillating (hee hee) way. 

What I DO have trouble with is that the Karen coven is so vile I feel like they were just showing off or trying to make some dumbass point. I don't think it was about feeding their babies. 

I agree with this.  I remember the summer of 1983, being at a lake and seeing a dark haired man in a wet white speedo and THAT scarred me more than anything the coven can cough up.  (And I was 18!)  I am more offended by Colt in swim trunks than teh coven.  I do agree they were trying, like I have said before, to be "This scene brought to you by the Le League of Tampa!"  The coven is just so.....weird.  Maybe Libby did not want to nurse for whatever reason?  Eleanor could not/would not latch? Can you imagine the blowback?

• Love 5

And what guy makes such a big deal about a wedding? Especially when they are TWO YEARS into their marriage. 

If his and Libby's explanation is true, then I understand why the Moldovan wedding is important to him. They said that his faith is important to him and they cannot have their daughter baptized is his church unless they also are married in it. I'm not a person of faith but it makes sense to me.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I don’t think a devout person would talk to his wife and in-laws like Andrrrrrrrrei does.

I know plenty of supposedly devout people who are in church every Sunday and they still do some pretty awful things.

• Love 15
(edited)

I don't think Andrrrrrrei is devout or even religious. It's a con to throw wrenches at Libby and her family any way he can. I think he's the black sheep of his family and resents not only how things are going for him in America (including because of the nasty--at least as portrayed--extended family at his doorstep), but that his brother has a hot Moldovan wife who understands and fits with his culture. We saw a clip in which he and Libby are talking on an apartment balcony and it was mentioned he's been involved in something dangerous. He has a mean streak a mile wide, e.g., telling his family to keep talking to Libby in their own language, as he watches her get more and more upset. Sick!! I don't need to see this mess!!

To me, the couples this season exemplify the proverb "marry in haste, repent at leisure," Michael-Angela being the one exception, although they may repent as well--but at least have had a long-distance relationship for quite awhile. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Annnndddei has it in his head that if Chuck paid W amount for the sister's weddings (and that is on them for oversharing such information) then by golly, HE gets equal footing.

I think it's this more than anything.  He feels like he's being treated as less than and doesn't like it.  I also think a big thing with him is he wants to make sure Elizabeth is getting as much as her sisters have gotten in the past - if THEY got weddings that cost X so should Elizabeth.  Supposedly the sisters have successful husbands but we don't know if they did it on their own or their father-in-law helped them out too.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I think it's this more than anything.  He feels like he's being treated as less than and doesn't like it.  I also think a big thing with him is he wants to make sure Elizabeth is getting as much as her sisters have gotten in the past - if THEY got weddings that cost X so should Elizabeth.  Supposedly the sisters have successful husbands but we don't know if they did it on their own or their father-in-law helped them out too.

He's an ass. It doesn't matter how much the father paid for the sisters' weddings because Chuck has paid tons of money for the various roofs over their heads and Elizabeth's salary. He's a mean, lazy, bully. Why doesn't he fucking work? He should be ashamed of himself. I, too, had started to warm up to him on Pillow Talk, but now I want to slap him--and her for taking this abuse.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Never heard this before but I like it. Pithy way to speak major truth!

It's from a book published in 1693.  And society has still not learned that after over 300 years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, Andrei needs to step up. But Elizabeth is clearly just as determined to make sure she gets everything each of her siblings has gotten. And her dad just looks like push over, unable to say “No”. She expects him to fork over big bucks for not one but 2 extravagant weddings and keeping a roof over her, Andrei and the baby’s heads. And now they’re going to fight over “religion”. They all deserve each other.

• Love 6
(edited)

Andrei is an arrogant dick with an entitlement attitude. He married a woman who decided that turning into a submissive doormat was worth having a warm body beside her. Then she whines that there is all this turmoil and that her life is so difficult. Hint: if you sacrifice your personality during the early stages of a relationship and buy into this "the man runs the house and makes the decisions" business, it's only a matter of time before you start resenting that. Andrei's tone in describing her family as "American, and proud of that" said it all. He thinks he's better than everyone and expects Libby to "listen double" and know her place. 

Edited by configdotsys
left out an 'a'
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 7/6/2020 at 11:18 PM, DaphneCat said:

See, and I don't get this feeling of demanding equality at all.  I have an older sister (and brother) and had I gotten married before her in a big affair she STILL would have gone to Vegas and gotten hitched on a budget.  We just don't care about that stuff, lol.  But Anddrrrei is going to right all the wrongs in this family.  There is a caste system going on, and Libby is the one we all dump on.

Andrrreei IS the black sheep, his brother stayed in Moldava, married a local girl and did right.  Father Andrei called him out when he was visiting, I want more from him.  Why would Andrei not come and translate for Libby and his mom?  "Just keep talking to her"?  Yeah....Lib did not get it the first time but wait......NOW SHE UNDERSTANDS!  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2

I see Libby as the cause of most issues in this relationship. She overshares too much with her sisters and with Andrei  and isn’t truthfulI with any of them. She’s spoiled and selfish and sneaky. 

• Love 20

Libby looks different to me.  Much prettier.  I used to stare at her lips they looked strange but I notice quite attractive now.  Work done on them?

Who exactly are the sisters married to that have money?  I think the one sister that came in late to the party is divorced from her black rapper husband.

What does Elizabeth's brothers do?  

1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I see Libby as the cause of most issues in this relationship. She overshares too much with her sisters and with Andrei  and isn’t truthfulI with any of them. She’s spoiled and selfish and sneaky. 

As evidenced by her emotional manipulation of her father for the wedding money. Right down to denying it immediately after she did it. I think she's used to doing that, but now that she has an audience, she needs to cover her ass. As though we couldn't see right through it. And her father is an idiot.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

As evidenced by her emotional manipulation of her father for the wedding money. Right down to denying it immediately after she did it. I think she's used to doing that, but now that she has an audience, she needs to cover her ass. As though we couldn't see right through it. And her father is an idiot.

I would not agree to pay for anything without a dollar amount being discussed and agreed upon.  Chuck may think he is forking over $5000 but Anddddrei is thinking $30,000.  Big divide there!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

Others cannot make you an asp.  Andrei has a cruel streak a mile wide.  From what I've seen, Andrei is the worst thing about Moldovia.  The vibe from his family when he's around seems tense. They have his number.  Libby needs to be accountable for exposing their child to this man, who will quite likely cause a very stressful childhood.  Libby's parents and family are guilty of enabling her insane decisions.  

What is up with the style of the red dress Libby is wearing in the photo above? Criss cross skirt, short in the front and cut up to her hoo haw? Larissa is wearing a similar dress in the ads for HEA and kind of crouching with her legs open in a very odd pose. Somebody else wore it last week, too, maybe Jess for her date with Coltee? What happens when you sit down wearing it? 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Teri313 said:

If that scene with Libby "crying" to get her father to agree to pony up the $$$ for the Moldova "wedding" was not 100% scripted, I will eat my hat. Libby's an actress, and she's trying to boost her career. (Lots of work for actresses in Tampa? Asking for a friend). Her father is shady as fuck and doesn't he have some history of not paying child support? I don't think he's Mr. Moneybags. The whole crew of Family Libby give me hives. I can't think of anything worse than spending an afternoon in their screamy, ignorant, shrewish company. Except maybe dinner with the Family Chantel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

(Lots of work for actresses in Tampa? Asking for a friend)

I would think if LIbby really wanted to be an actress/performer, they should move to Orlando.  LOTS of performing gigs there - not sure if she can sing or not.  Why do I care?

17 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

From what I've seen, Andrei is the worst thing about Moldovia.  The vibe from his family when he's around seems tense. They have his number.  Libby needs to be accountable for exposing their child to this man, who will quite likely cause a very stressful childhood. 

From the quarantine show, it made me uncomfortable how they passively aggressively snipped and snapped at each other.

(edited)
12 hours ago, Christina said:

This are Q&As with Libby's sister Becky:

And I've completely forgot what I was originally searching for when I found the half dozen unrelated things to post.

I'd be interested to know what Becky's definition of a "good dad" is. He smiles at her? Picks her up? Changes her? Takes her for a walk? I'm sure he loves his kid but what exactly makes him a good dad?

I would not call a "professional beggar" who is a bossy asshole that has no shame in expecting his father-in-law and wife to finance his layabout life a good dad. A good dad works to support his family and does not put undue pressure on his wife or her family so he can have a life of leisure.  

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hate Andrei, I hate him so much. I replay Madeline Kahn’s infamous scene from the movie Clue each time I see his stupid face. “I hated her soooo...much...that it...flames...flames...on the side of my face...” 

Edited by Mrs. Landingham
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2020 at 10:19 PM, Elizzikra said:
On 7/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, Grifter Lives said:

I had to find Libby's first wedding dress.  It's more conservative than the Moldovan wedding dress.  So, the mother's and Coven's reactions and concerns were unnecessary.  She could have worn the same gown and covered her arms with a stole for the church ceremony, which she is going to do anyway.  

https://www.ksmithsonphotography.com/tlcs-elizabeth-andrei-of-90-day-fiance/

Read more  

I think she looked gorgeous in her first wedding and I don't know why she can't wear the same dress in the second wedding, unless she ruined it in the sand n' sea photo shoot. I think I remember her saying it wasn't her "dream dress" and that's why she wanted a new one?

To be fair (and believe me, I don’t want to extend much benefit of the doubt to either of these two), she has had a baby since the first wedding, so this dress may just not be an option. Not that I am having another wedding after recently celebrating anniversary #9, but I’m pretty sure my dress would be off the table at this point, and our kid just turned 5. (C-section scars/resultant pooches are ROUGH, y’all) 

• Love 4

If Andrei would do a more accurate translation of what his friends and relatives say, instead of adding his own chauvinist spin to it, Libby might not get so angry all of the time.     Of course, that be more scripted fighting too. 

• Love 3
On 7/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Libby looks different to me.  Much prettier.  I used to stare at her lips they looked strange but I notice quite attractive now.  Work done on them?

I keep trying to figure that out as well. She looks way better now. I too used to see something very close but off with her face and now she just looks good. I agree JEANNE222.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I keep trying to figure that out as well. She looks way better now. I too used to see something very close but off with her face and now she just looks good. I agree JEANNE222.

I agree, she looks really good. I think it's just weight loss. And youth!

• Love 1

So the weather was crappy yesterday and and I was scrolling around Amazon prime looking for something to watch and started watching a movie, which I ended up turning off because it was so terrible. But one of the actors was our own Libby, in some kind of low budget horror flick. I don't follow these people outside the show, so it was news to me that she is a wanna be actress. I need to go back and try to find the name of the movie. 

• Love 2

Libby posted behind the scenes photos of the food spread. Three slides and the arrows are hard to see:

Libby's dad was "outed" as a slumlord in her first season, and someone had actually went through a rental agency's reviews showing how bad everything about his properties were, but here's some newer info, reported by one of the tenants to the 90DF Instagrammer:

I've actually expected someone to pull court records by now, but I haven't seen them. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Christina said:

Libby posted behind the scenes photos of the food spread. Three slides and the arrows are hard to see:

Libby's dad was "outed" as a slumlord in her first season, and someone had actually went through a rental agency's reviews showing how bad everything about his properties were, but here's some newer info, reported by one of the tenants to the 90DF Instagrammer:

I've actually expected someone to pull court records by now, but I haven't seen them. 

How about just a collection of mug shots?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Libby's family is trash. I don't like Andrei but I think he married down. Another reason why I think this is scripted is Andrei never mentions any of this during fights with her basic family. Lucky he didn't go work for Chuck at his 'business'

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Libby's family is trash. I don't like Andrei but I think he married down. Another reason why I think this is scripted is Andrei never mentions any of this during fights with her basic family. Lucky he didn't go work for Chuck at his 'business'

I agree.  Every time I see that sweet dad of Anddddrei's I want to hug him.

• Love 9

Regarding Libby, her family, Andrei and his family,  love his parents.  Dad Andrei is the sweetest thing and mom constantly putting out feasts, I’d be feeling guilty about not handing her some cash to help out - or going to the market with her!  How fun would that be?  Then there’s Libby’s family. With a gang that big, I am not surprised that there are skeletons in the family coat closet.  I also feel really guilty and embarrassed that when I got off the plane and was looking all around I’d probably be asking stupid questions also. I usually ask all those questions when I go to another state here in the US! Color me self-centered or not well traveled, but so,e of it is about survival and not getting sick or having an allergic reaction.  The first time I was in a tiny town in Nebraska, I thought it would have all lovely produce and meat.  Maybe produce stands and farmers markets. Not so. Then you look for what you know.  So the first thing I looked for was a Taco Bell and the second thing was Walmart. And when I googled Taco Bell, it showed up as closed and it even said “permanently” like “this is Taco Bell and we’re never coming back to this shit hole.“ (sorry, Nebraska) So I guess that’s why I felt very comfortable with her family asking all those goofy questions. And of course after all that, I would’ve been saying so what’s your local delicacy for dessert and let’s go get some and have a cuppa coffee.  And then let’s go get a big box of treats and bring it to the house for Mama.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/27/2020 at 10:41 AM, poeticlicensed said:

But one of the actors was our own Libby, in some kind of low budget horror flick. I don't follow these people outside the show, so it was news to me that she is a wanna be actress. I need to go back and try to find the name of the movie. 

According to IMDB, Libby has two credits (besides 90 Days) a scene in "Homeland" and a role in a 2012 horror movie called "Secrets in the Snow." I'll bet she played a stupid teen, killed off early, in one of those scenes where you scream at the TV, "NO! DON'T GO IN THERE!" 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1