Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E13: Feel the Burn

• Start Topic

Kailah needs to take it down a notch with her sense of superiority. I consider her to be one of the strongest girls in the house, but I wouldn't say she's the strongest or unbeatable by any means. I couldn't stand her this episode.

I predicted last week that Cara Maria and CT  or Johnny would get thrown into the Redemption house so I'm not surprised that Cara and CT actually did. I think it's been a long time coming that someone would actually try to take them out of the game, but it's probably not the smartest move in the long run. They will most likely come back and I hope they do.

• Love 6

Kailah the red lipstick is a hard no.

I don’t know if I hate Britni or Veronica more.

Veronica for actually thinking she could throw a “sorry boo” at LeRoy or Britni for her complete idiocy.

Eh I have enough hate to go around so both it is!

Camila shut the fuck up.  You are still trash.

Hunter sucks.  

Man there is only Derrick to root for unless CT comes back.  Actually I would root for Dario over Tony or John.  Oh and LeRoy too. So basically Redemption House has all the good people in it.

Jemmye had a terrible strategy.  Her only hope was the earth swallowing Camila whole because Jemmye can’t run.

• Love 3

I am generally a Kailah fan, and I really liked that she told Camilla that no one was scared of her. That was hilarious. I didn't like that she orchestrated the vote against Cara though. That was a stupid move. However, I'm not surprised, since she's clearly not too bright. 

Poor Leroy.

I hate Camilla now, so BAI GURL.

The group as a whole should’ve voted Camila straight into the redemption house for her racist rant. Why they didn’t do this is beyond me but Jordan was the only one who even mentioned it and IIRC it was during a TH. So Jenna had to do the dirty work. Because Jenna is awesome.

Leroy, your entitlement is showing. Veronica is evil because she voted for you? Your name can be brought up as easily as anyone else’s. If you weren’t depending on your friend John to help you coast through this challenge you could have handled someone voting for you as well as Derrick did, or as well as Hunter handles constantly being thrown into eliminations. Bye.

Camila won her elimination but it doesn’t seem like she has many allies in the house.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, dangwoodchucks said:

Leroy, your entitlement is showing. Veronica is evil because she voted for you? Your name can be brought up as easily as anyone else’s. If you weren’t depending on your friend John to help you coast through this challenge you could have handled someone voting for you as well as Derrick did, or as well as Hunter handles constantly being thrown into eliminations. Bye.

This is exactly what I was coming in here to say.  Why does Leroy think he has the right to coast to the end.  He needs to earn the right to be there.  I like Leroy but the sense of entitlement was not cool.

That being said I would have much rather see the king of coasting Johnny put in.  I think the smarter move would have been to send Johnny to the RH instead of CT.  CT has a better chance of beating anyone sent to RH while Johnny might not.

Camila being Camila again.  She is another one who has such a strong sense of entitlement.  

For people with a better memory than I, when did Cara Maria become the woman to beat?  I remember during her first few challenges she sort of sucked and was always crying and then all of a sudden Super Cara seemed to appear out of nowhere.  Or am I confusing her with someone else?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dangwoodchucks said:

The group as a whole should’ve voted Camila straight into the redemption house for her racist rant. Why they didn’t do this is beyond me but Jordan was the only one who even mentioned it and IIRC it was during a TH. So Jenna had to do the dirty work. Because Jenna is awesome.

Camila won her elimination but it doesn’t seem like she has many allies in the house.

Meh. No one enjoys being thrown in. Especially when they are caught off guard. He would have been fine if his name wasn't carelessly thrown in. At least in that moment.

That the thing when you think about it. One of the vets were going in against Hunter. 

Veronica didn't really do anything and she's so smirky about it. She just made more enemies. She flipped the game by getting the most likeable guy in the house this side of Derrick kicked out. Great!

I hope they never do redemption house again by the way. Every duel is anti climactic.

17 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

This is exactly what I was coming in here to say.  Why does Leroy think he has the right to coast to the end.  He needs to earn the right to be there.  I like Leroy but the sense of entitlement was not cool.

That being said I would have much rather see the king of coasting Johnny put in.  I think the smarter move would have been to send Johnny to the RH instead of CT.  CT has a better chance of beating anyone sent to RH while Johnny might not.

Camila being Camila again.  She is another one who has such a strong sense of entitlement.  

For people with a better memory than I, when did Cara Maria become the woman to beat?  I remember during her first few challenges she sort of sucked and was always crying and then all of a sudden Super Cara seemed to appear out of nowhere.  Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Have you seen her body? That's when it happened. But also she's been hard to beat for years. She wasn't even really ever weak. Just not one of the cool kids. Now she is.

• Love 4

Now that was some entertainment.

But none of them said Johnny, which was stupid.  Jordan may have a rivalry against Hunter but if he had to face Johnny or Hunter in a physical elimination, whom does he have a better chance against?

I can understand sending CT directly in but why not vote Johnny for the Presidio?

Alliances don't matter much now, with 4 players of each sex left.

And while Hunter won the elimination, if his hand is messed up, he's probably going to have to leave or probably lose the challenge and then get into another elimination.  

The girls didn't really fight much, just ran past each other except when breaking through the cellophane.  Jemmye should have looked to collide but in general, I don't think the girls are going to look for contact.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Cara has never really been weak, just not confident at all. But, she worked day and night to condition her body and now she looks amazing. I think, when she started being an amazing competitor was around Free agents.

Kailah: you putting Cara in redemption and then Voting Jemmye in is the exact definition of an idiot. You basically gave Cara a lay up.

Love her or not, Veronica is playing the mind/strategic game perfectly now. She knows she is by herself, so fuck it. Change the game.

Hunter/Nelson, both have shown how big threats they are to the Vets. They just need a couple more good anti vet competitors to join them and they could make some real noise.

• Love 2

Im sorry but I loved the stunt that Veronica pulled. It's not her fault she was on a team with a bunch of idiots that wouldn't put Camilla and Johnny in. I don't think she gives a damn about what the other people in the house think of her. She wanted to save Derek and this was her only play. I respect that. Plus Leroy turned me off with his crap about his name shouldn't be in Britni's mouth. Why not Leroy tell me why. What makes you so great and powerful that no one can vote you in. It's not like you have the same contract as Johnny that most have a mention in that he can't be voted in. I really like Leroy but man I wasn't all that sad to see him go. Try breaking away from Johnny and will talk.

But seriously how many episodes are left. They still have so many people left. Add on the redemption house and this goes until Christmas. Unless they have group finals instead of just pairs of 2. When was the last group finale? I kinda miss when they needed to get like 8 people to the finish line.

• Love 12

I said it once and I'll say it again. I think everyone should have to go in at least once, instead of the same people over and over again.

And just who exactly did Leroy think was going in against Hunter? It had to be one of the 'in' crowd, so get over yourself.

Camila, also get over yourself.

I'm sick of seeing the same people over and over again go into elimination and people like Leroy, Johnny and Camila all just skate to the finals while the people they keep sending in get picked off one by one. It would be a better show if everyone had to go in at least once and then it is fair game when everyone has went in. Just really sick of seeing the 'cool kids' pick off the new people and others not want to put the 'cool kids' in because many different reasons. Sure they are vets but they aren't immune to going in. It is like a cake walk to them all, because they always end up in the finals.

• Love 4

Didn't this happen once before when Aneesa wanted to burn a vote and ended up sending a friend to elimination? I love when things get screwed up like that instead of going the predictable way (like most of this season), I laughed when Veronica decided to fuck with everyone and call Leroy in. I like him but that was entertaining. Just like I liked Sarah but man did I laugh when Johnny screwed her over. And it's funny that after all that Hunter still had to go to elimination. 

• Love 7

Look I don't really care that Leroy got sent in but Jemmye and Jenna were not happy about the burn vote thing and they would have been pissed if that lead to them being thrown in. In their mind, they were safe until someone three their name out there just because. If that's leads to me getting thrown in, yeah I'm going to be a little salty. He was also just the scapegoat for whatever Veronica was trying to choose. So again, meh to his reactions to me. He wasn't running around ranting and raving. He never shit on Hunter and was a gracious loser. Far less offensive than others in the game.

• Love 3

Great fucking episode!  I was yelling and screaming at the TV for the entire. Hour.

8 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

So much fuckung entitlement.  He really pissed me off this episode.  Honestly, I haven't really been a fan of Leroy's since he became a part of the Banana Bunch a few seasons ago.  Because I generally like him, I usually ignore his alliance, but being in that alliance has given him a huge sense of entitlement.  There was no guarantee that his name would not be said.  The only way to make that happen was to win the challenge game to be declared safe.  If you're not in that group, then you are fair fucking game.  I'm not sure why he expected people who he has targeted AND voted in before to choose to save him simply because he's one of the cool kids.  Also, they (his alliance) do that shit to other people all the  a time and just expect them to take it and prove they should be there/earn their way back. Now it's your turn.  It just made him unlikeable to me.  

That being said, voting in Leroy was the smartest thing Tony has ever done in his life.  I'm not even sure what his babble was about Derrick not talking to him, but glad he had a brief moment of brain power.  I was rooting for Hunter the entire time because he's more than proved himself while there are several people who have skated by only to escape the Presidio every week (Johnny).  

Camilla: giphy.gif

The winning group was smart to vote in CT and Cara to the Redemption House, but they should have then immediately voted Johnny and Camilla or Tori into the Presidio.  That shouldn't have been as hard a decision as it was.  As someone else said uothread, by voting in Jemmye,they basically gave Cara Maria and easy way back into the game.  But if Jemmye was in the running for the double cross, there would have been a stronger chance for one of the better female competitors to go in against a top person.  At this point they need to stop worrying about who they might piss off and focus on winning.  

And I have to laugh at TJ attempting and failing to explain the point of a "burn vote" every damn week.  You can help it if they're all dumb, Teej.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 6

This reminds me of The Ruins when it was obvious Veronica’s team wanted her in but somehow the team vote got deadlocked in a tie because Veronica wasn’t going to vote for herself and I think it was Wes who refused to go
With what the team wanted, and then TJ brought in the other team members and the vote completely changed to another female who was never a mention before, it was kind of funny.

But us.. I do love how Veronica didn’t give a damn if she was sent to the double cross because it’s nothing new.

I actually love Jemye, she’s kind of hilarious.

Also.. god.. this season is just making me hate everyone. All of these people are so entitled just because they’ve won three or four of these challenges before and personally.. that would make me less entitled, but whatever.. they all think that because they’ve done this many times over it means they should get a free pass to the end. Seriously.. CT is looking like a jerk as is Leroy. No one owes you people anything, especially when it’s obvious you wouldn’t do anything for them.

• Love 2

I think Leroy came off much worse. CT said he knew it was going to be him.  However he also knows that it is likely he will come back and whomever voted him in now has a target on their back. Leroy acted like the thought of anyone picking him was shocking and like he expected to coast to the end because he is dangling from John's tiny nutsack.  

I don't think anyone would have picked CT if it wasn't going to the redemption house and just a regular elimination but they are hoping based on hearing the previous redemption eliminations that maybe he might lose in some weird wacky way I think.  Even Dad bod CT is still a better athlete than 90% percent of the remaining people and he also does decently with puzzles so picking him for a straight elimination isn't a safe bet. At least in the redemption house he has to go against multiple people in a weirder elimination than the normal ones.

I mean I don't think he has ever been beaten physically in any elimination. even the ones he lost was due to some weird technicality or a partner tanking(Adam).  John beat him in a puzzle once barely, but no one has ever come close to being better physically in an elimination.  I mean Leroy who is a big strong dude who most people consider pretty good physically is terrified of being opposite CT.  The whole beginning of the season before CT showed up was Leroy asking if CT was coming in a quivering worried voice. Not to mention CT smoked Leroy in a elimination a few years back.

I just don't get why no one said John's name.  Why not use his name as the burn vote then the whole Leroy thing never happens.  I mean I would much rather face Leroy in a final than John.

• Love 2

Yeah, I feel you can sort of tell CT is giving the producers what they want in terms of sound bites with a combination of bravado and self-deprecation re "old man/dad bod" etc. yet not making it too hokey so I sort of shrug it off as not being truly coming from a place of entitlement.  Well, there is sort of built-in entitlement from his physical prowess and size but not from the shock of someone saying his name/protection via alliance etc.  

Who was it who, in a talking head, called Camila on her poor sportsmanship? Kailah or Tori?  I was just glad to hear it from someone in addition to my fellow message board folks!

I am liking Tori.  She seems a stealth dork.  Well, maybe not so stealth.  Her facial expressions crack me up.  I'd like to see her back.  Not so much Britni.

I think Veronica thought if she gave in on Jemmye, the rest would give in on the guy vote, and when they didn't that's when she decided to screw them over to protect Derrick, because I guess 1 out of 2 of her friends was better than 0 out of 2.

• Love 1

Yeah I have loved Leroy since he did the vegas real world. And though he's on many challenges I don't feel sick of him, not like Johnny or Cara Maria.  I think he comes off like a good hearted funny dude.  So I was caught short by his arrogance and frustration at being picked.  I mean Leroy, come on. I like you when you act like Leroy but you're acting like johnny. We don't need another one of him and I'll never understand why he isn't picked every single time until he is sent home.  Not just for the six wins but you know what he did to Sarah, so you know he'll do it to you.  Get him out while you can, people. So stupid

Leroy, quit hanging with Johnny and become the Leroy we love again  

CT, you're just perfect  

• Love 5

Yeah.. it’s jarring to me that these people have had many Opportunities to Throw Johnny in this challenge. And they haven’t? I don’t understand. Maybe it’s like our hosts said they are afraid they would get black lash from people left but if Johnny is done.. I think his followers would not give a damn.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I am liking Tori.  She seems a stealth dork.  Well, maybe not so stealth.  Her facial expressions crack me up. 

Not me, her facial expressions are so OTT for airtime it annoys me every time she pulls out another one.  Like during the nominations, her overly slack-jawed look of surprise practically screams, "LOOK AT MEEEEEEE!"  Everyone has their moments where they get a little extra for the camera, but she's on all the damn time.  It's exhausting.

I think Leroy was mad because he's usually friendly with most people on the show (& isn't that much of a threat, really), so he didn't understand why his name was said before others.  Burn votes will burn ya!

CT is rocking my world, I can't wait for him to get back in the house, Cara too (I assume he and Cara will have little trouble with those at the Redemption House).

Not sure what CT was blabbing about when he got sent to the Redemption House. Of course it's a good strategy to throw him in there. Try to get rid of the strongest player. And this talk of him coming back for vengeance...he's trying to beat everybody anyway! There are no teams! Why would it be smarter to just leave him in the game and let him win every other week? He made absolutely no sense.

Yeah, I know everyone likes Leroy, and he's cool and all, but he basically Darios his way through every Challenge. Doesn't win much, and expects to skate by till the end. And he's another Bananas minion. No sympathy for him here. And after all that 'Beast Mode' talk, he loses 2-0 to Hunter. Wah wah.

I guess the whole house has forgiven Camilla. Strange how that whole episode was just forgotten. I know Jordan mentioned not liking her, but he certainly didn't vote for her.

8 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

Im sorry but I loved the stunt that Veronica pulled. It's not her fault she was on a team with a bunch of idiots that wouldn't put Camilla and Johnny in. I don't think she gives a damn about what the other people in the house think of her. She wanted to save Derek and this was her only play. I respect that.

All she had to do was vote for Hunter, and that was it. She wasn't saving Derrick, she was just screwing the vote up for the sake of it.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, columbot said:

All she had to do was vote for Hunter, and that was it. She wasn't saving Derrick, she was just screwing the vote up for the sake of it.

If Johnny or Leroy picked the double cross chances are they would have both picked Derek. But with Hunter in the double cross as long as he doesn't pick it he is going in. Johnny might like Derek but he know he can control Leroy. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Kailah: you putting Cara in redemption and then Voting Jemmye in is the exact definition of an idiot. You basically gave Cara a lay up.

She explained why she picked Jemmye rather than Camilla. She didn't want to risk Jenna facing her in the elimination. She knew that it gave Cara a better chance of coming back.

This season is beyond redemption. How do you have everything and nothing at the same time? All we got was an endgame and a lot of bickering. Also, Jenna may have fucked herself in picking Camila, and Camila is the worst sport ever. Why is she still in the game?

Seriously, if nice people win the title, it's still a suck season. Too many people in the game, and Redemption House might be the worst development in the history of the series.

13 hours ago, Lola82 said:

Didn't this happen once before when Aneesa wanted to burn a vote and ended up sending a friend to elimination? I love when things get screwed up like that instead of going the predictable way (like most of this season), I laughed when Veronica decided to fuck with everyone and call Leroy in. I like him but that was entertaining. Just like I liked Sarah but man did I laugh when Johnny screwed her over. And it's funny that after all that Hunter still had to go to elimination. 

I'm pretty sure that Leroy was on the receiving end of that one too. He was definitely cocky but in this case I think his indignation was deserved. Brittany fucked him with her "burn vote" and it's not the first time that's happened to him. He was totally under the radar. I've always had a soft spot for Leroy, he's gotten screwed over by weak partners so many times and he's so easy to like. Plus he really crushed it on the elimination. Every round came down to a photo finish. It's not like he's been coasting the whole way like Dario. 

At least he still has the redemption house....which apparently will not die. How long will this season last?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

Yeah I have loved Leroy since he did the vegas real world. And though he's on many challenges I don't feel sick of him, not like Johnny or Cara Maria.  I think he comes off like a good hearted funny dude.  So I was caught short by his arrogance and frustration at being picked.  I mean Leroy, come on. I like you when you act like Leroy but you're acting like johnny. We don't need another one of him and I'll never understand why he isn't picked every single time until he is sent home.  Not just for the six wins but you know what he did to Sarah, so you know he'll do it to you.  Get him out while you can, people. So stupid

Leroy, quit hanging with Johnny and become the Leroy we love again  

CT, you're just perfect  

That was why it annoyed me so much because Leroy is such a likable guy and the way he acted just did not sit well with me.  Maybe it was just a one off thing.

• Love 1

I would have sent Johnny straight to the redemption house rather than CT. 99% CT will be back. He has a great track record for one-on-one eliminations, but he sucks in finals. He doesn’t have endurance. Johnny has less chance of coming back from redemption house. He’s excellent at finals, but I think he can be beat in an elimination. Although he never goes in, so who would know for sure. 

I’m also confused as to why any of these people think they deserve to not have to ever go into an elimination. I get that LeRoy was blindsided, so that may have been partially why he was so upset. But still. It’s part of the game. You have people who get butthurt going to ONE elimination over several seasons when you have the same people going in every week. I mean it sucks to be voted in, but suck it up and just do it. 

• Love 3

I think people assuming CT will return from the redemption house are forgetting how random the results can be(Darrell losing to Tony based on dumb luck). LeRoy will not be a pushover, and it's possible at least one of Johnny,Derek,Jordan, or Hunter will be there too. So I think it was absolutely the right move to send him straight to redemption. 

• Love 2

Jenna and Kailah were making me crazy when Jordan was talking about he would rather run with Tori than with Jemmie.  OK, I get that, but what he is saying is he would rather have someone strong to BEAT THEM.  If Jenna is partnered with CT, and Kailah is partnered with Johnny, would they rather race against Jordan/Tori or Jordan/Jemmie?  It doesn't make sense to help stack the girls for the guys' benefit.

I'm not a fan of Veronica's historically, but I CHEERED this move, even though I love LeRoy.  She had absolutely nothing to lose, and had potential gain in helping her friend Derrick, and she also made a move which gave her a ton of visibility, should she want to come back again.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lasu said:

Jenna and Kailah were making me crazy when Jordan was talking about he would rather run with Tori than with Jemmie. 

It was Camilla not Jemmye me was talking about. He said that both stacked up the same athletic wise but didn't want to deal with Camilla's drama.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:54 PM, Jobiska said:

Yeah, I feel you can sort of tell CT is giving the producers what they want in terms of sound bites with a combination of bravado and self-deprecation re "old man/dad bod" etc. yet not making it too hokey so I sort of shrug it off as not being truly coming from a place of entitlement.  Well, there is sort of built-in entitlement from his physical prowess and size but not from the shock of someone saying his name/protection via alliance etc.  

Who was it who, in a talking head, called Camila on her poor sportsmanship? Kailah or Tori?  I was just glad to hear it from someone in addition to my fellow message board folks!

I am liking Tori.  She seems a stealth dork.  Well, maybe not so stealth.  Her facial expressions crack me up.  I'd like to see her back.  Not so much Britni.

I think Veronica thought if she gave in on Jemmye, the rest would give in on the guy vote, and when they didn't that's when she decided to screw them over to protect Derrick, because I guess 1 out of 2 of her friends was better than 0 out of 2.

These people need to go back and watch old seasons. When you keep the weak people around for the finals and eliminate the strong ones, it always works.  If you're in it for the money, I absolutely do not understand why you'd get rid of Jemmye.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DOBABYR said:

These people are idiots and never capitalize when they have the upper chance. That move Veronica made was whatever really because you have people there who actually win the entire thing unlike Leroy.

But Veronica did capitalize on Britni's throwaway vote and weakened the majority alliance. Her alternative was going with the majority against Hunter and risking Derrick, leaving her in a worse position. Bananas wasn't vulnerable because Britni didn't give him a vote, and Tony probably wouldn't have turned on him, anyway. This week significantly reduced the majority alliance with Cara, CT and Leroy going to Redemption and Camila facing elimination.

• Love 1