Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I wonder if this Deimos guy is going to be Xander's father.

Unless Xander is coming back, I would think not. VI does not appear on screen until early 2016, so Xander will at best be a distant memory for most viewers. Also, unless Xander is returning it would be pointless for him to be furious over a son, who is not a core character and who is not on canvass. This is the type of crap story the old writing team would have concocted, so hopefully, the new writers will have more sense than to go there.

• Love 2

Not if they're naming him "Deimos," they don't. Any bets on when his evil twin brother Phobos shows up?

Hmmmm, makes me wonder if they'll name Abby's triplets Yabba, Dabba and Doo, or just stick with the Weston family names of Hewey Lewey and Dewey.

(No, Abigail isn't really having triplets.  She's sticking with a litter).

• Love 6

Vincent Irizarry on Days?! Squee!!! He's one of my very fave soap actors, so it'll be great to see him again. I'm hoping for a pairing with Eve because I'd love to see him and Kassie work together. Goodness knows she could use a decent storyline.

Note to writers: Don't screw this up. Seriously. Don't do it. Your track record is, let's say, crappy in this respect - you hire soap vets like Melissa Archer, Kassie DePaiva, Chrishell Stause, Ian Buchanan, Sarah Brown, etc etc, and give them utter crap to play. Then, when you've run their poorly-written characters into the ground, you sh*t-can them (except for Kassie) and move onto your next victim. So I'm going to say it again: Don't screw this up. Thank you.

Deimos, huh? Well, we won't get confused about which character or show we're talking about when that name turns up.

• Love 7

Vincent Irizarry on Days?! Squee!!! He's one of my very fave soap actors, so it'll be great to see him again. I'm hoping for a pairing with Eve because I'd love to see him and Kassie work together. Goodness knows she could use a decent storyline.

Note to writers: Don't screw this up. Seriously. Don't do it. Your track record is, let's say, crappy in this respect - you hire soap vets like Melissa Archer, Kassie DePaiva, Chrishell Stause, Ian Buchanan, Sarah Brown, etc etc, and give them utter crap to play. Then, when you've run their poorly-written characters into the ground, you sh*t-can them (except for Kassie) and move onto your next victim. So I'm going to say it again: Don't screw this up. Thank you.

Deimos, huh? Well, we won't get confused about which character or show we're talking about when that name turns up.

Viewers of other soaps, don't shoot me for this perspective but admittedly I've only ever watched NBC soaps and the few times I've attempted to tune into the other network's daytime programming I've found it...well on a different level from Days. So maybe that's why I always felt that Kassie DePaiva, Ian Buchanan, and Sarah Brown sunk rather than floated on Days if you catch my drift. They just never seemed like a fit w/Days for me, bad writing or not.  Now I know that Vincent Irizarry has been on other soaps, but I only remember him from Santa Barbara and since one of the new head writers also used to write for SB while being a fan of Days, I'm still hopeful that Irizarry's character won't suck.  Except I'm a little confused on him as a Kiriakis. The actor strikes me as having an Italian decent. Seems the Dimeras would be a better fit than the Greek Kiriakis family. 

Also, isn't A. Martinez joining Days too? Wonder if we will see other SB alum???

• Love 2

That makes sense, given what JPL said in an interview about business stories with Phillip.

Lavoisier as Remedial Phillip and Box-of-Rocks Black in "business" stories? Oh, just shoot me now.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

I'm still hopeful that Irizarry's character won't suck.  Except I'm a little confused on him as a Kiriakis. The actor strikes me as having an Italian decent. Seems the Dimeras would be a better fit than the Greek Kiriakis family.

I think Irizarry is a Basque name, isn't it?

Galen Gering is part Basque, too.

• Love 1

Scott McKinsey (the late, great Beverlee's son) directed today's episode. I know he's been directing GH for a number of years. There have been a few new names popping up in the closing credits as of late.

Albert Alarr was promoted from Producer to co-Senior Executive Producer (he still directs an episode or two a week) a few weeks ago. Janet Spellman-Drucker was demoted from co-Executive Producer to Producer at the same time.

Edited by worleybird
  • Love 3

Viewers of other soaps, don't shoot me for this perspective but admittedly I've only ever watched NBC soaps and the few times I've attempted to tune into the other network's daytime programming I've found it...well on a different level from Days. So maybe that's why I always felt that Kassie DePaiva, Ian Buchanan, and Sarah Brown sunk rather than floated on Days if you catch my drift. They just never seemed like a fit w/Days for me, bad writing or not.

Fair enough. Sometimes an actor just isn't a good fit for a certain show, and vice versa. I suppose I was writing from a place of nostalgia, considering all the other soaps I've ever loved are now dead and gone (overdramatic, yes, but true nonetheless). I remember how much I loved VI as David Hayward on AMC - David was kind of a horrible person who frequently did horrible things, but VI made him so damn compelling that I often found myself rooting for him despite it all. So I know he can be excellent. I guess I'm just hoping that VI and Days jive together so I can enjoy him once again (and the same goes for Kassie). JMO.

• Love 7
If John sells Basic Black, what will Brady do all day?  He's not smart enough to hold a real job.

Doesn't he have a position at Titan.

As I remember it, Brady's primary job is at Titan.  He helped his dad out at Basic Black but stopped that at some point when he came back from Europe.  I don't remember when that was exactly, their relationship was up and down and back and forth for so long.  But I do remember that he backed off from Basic Black and went back to Titan full time.

Although Brady's idea of "full time" and everybody else's is completely different.

• Love 4

I guess I'm just hoping that VI and Days jive together so I can enjoy him once again (and the same goes for Kassie). JMO

Ooooh, now putting VI and Kassie together, that would be interesting! I don't think they've ever worked together -- they could spark!

• Love 5

I think my biggest issue w/Kassie DePaiva (aside from the awful theme music they gave her) is that she's Eve. I probably wouldn't mind her if she was playing an original character but not only was she not right for the role of Eve, the writers all but rewrote the character and the history.   And I don't really understand why they chose to bring back Eve's character when they didn't have the original actress available and they didn't also bring back Shane and Kim and Nick--the main characters that she had the most chemistry and dynamics with back in the day. This feud with Jennifer these days comes off really immature on both of their parts for two fifty-some year old women. 

• Love 4

I remember how much I loved VI as David Hayward on AMC - David was kind of a horrible person who frequently did horrible things, but VI made him so damn compelling that I often found myself rooting for him despite it all.

Yes, this, exactly.  David did horrible, despicable things ... but I usually cheered him on because I hated the people he was doing it to (Adam, Erica, Krystal, etc.).  I'm so excited that VI is coming to Days!

(edited to actually make sense)

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4

Wish I could double the bold & increase the size on your bolded statements & have it in all caps. You know, pretty much like I'm shouting...which I am!!

Don't screw this up. Seriously. Don't do it.

Thank you very much.

• Love 2

VI is great, so good that I loved watching him while hating his David Hayward character more often than not.  He did terrible things to people who didn't deserve it - David Hayward basically forced a character into having sex with him, and until later was pretty loathesome.  But man did he make his character impossible to turn away from.  He ended up as that currently rare character type, the "gray" villian, they guy you hate who hopes they'll give you a reason not to.

Then they saddled him with Babe as his kid and Krystal as his ex and all his sins were forgiven.  Any guy stuck with those two horrors IMMEDIATELY got my sympathy.

• Love 5

I think my biggest issue w/Kassie DePaiva (aside from the awful theme music they gave her) is that she's Eve. I probably wouldn't mind her if she was playing an original character but not only was she not right for the role of Eve, the writers all but rewrote the character and the history.   And I don't really understand why they chose to bring back Eve's character when they didn't have the original actress available and they didn't also bring back Shane and Kim and Nick--the main characters that she had the most chemistry and dynamics with back in the day. This feud with Jennifer these days comes off really immature on both of their parts for two fifty-some year old women. 

Eve seems kinda pointless and I wonder why they even brought her back. She doesn't have an on screen job, she has no friends, Eric is the only Brady who acknowledges her, and now her daughter hates her and is probably going to be killed off. What purpose does she serve?

Since they're heading towards Eve/Justin, while Adrienne is breaking up with Lucas, I wonder if that means they plan to put Adrienne with VI's new character.

Whatever character VI is playing doesn't deserve to get stuck with Sonny's mother. 

• Love 2

Like Chad, Clyde seems too obvious, too early on.  Plus we already know Clyde is capable of murder.  GG said in that one interview that the actor/actress gives an amazing performance in the reveal that wowed the whole cast. I just don't see Ben capable of that.  A part of me is partial to Stefano being the big bad. JM is in his 80's and clearly looking to retire soon. It would be a nice nod to his history on the show to be the 50th's big serial killer and go out with a bang of a performance that restores Stefano's truly evil ways.  

• Love 4

I wonder if it isn't Kyle, assuming Clyde didn't really kill him and just pretended to do so in order to terrorize JJ.  It's hard to imagine who else meets the criteria of being 1) a character the show deems expendable and 2) an actor good enough to wow the entire cast.  Michael Cardelle is most definitely talented enough, and sadly I can't see Days keeping him after the drug storyline wraps up.

We know Daniel Cosgrove is no longer there and would give an awesome performance, but I think he was done filming before the killer was revealed to the cast.

I think Greg Vaughan could play a great murderer, but I haven't heard that he's been let go.  Also, it would take a lot to explain Eric going from goody-good priestly man to psycho killer, but a good writer could certainly do it.

And there's Anne, which I'm not even going to go into because I love Anne and her friendship with Theresa and if these writers do anything to screw that up I'll be angry.

Who else is there (besides Stefano, I mean)?  Daphne?  Derrick?  Julie?  Just kidding (sort of).

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 1

Oh, I know it's just a crazy dream for a kid like me to have, but if I can't be a cowboy or go Mars, or see a Kangaroo dance with a polar bear in my backyard (I know, I could watch GH for all of that but somehow I just can't), then can Show PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Dr, Dan, the Dirty Tan Man the serial killer???  

Rafe could start to figure out in one of his pouting policeMAN ON DA JOB sessions when he discovers tanning oil all over the victim, or maybe one of the victims is found clutching a plastic sharks tooth necklace, or maybe each victim is left with the kiler's calling card, which in Daniel's case would be a selfie of his nether regions.  Or maybe Roman could stop by Daniels place and find him dressed up like Maggie, sitting in a rocking chair, clutching his pearls in one hand and a carving knife in the other.

Roman, of course, being Roman, wouldn't catch on, but when he got back and told Hope about Daniel's fetching new do, she'd start to figure it out.

Of course, when it all came out, it would be HeartBreak Hotel for Jenn when she realized that Daniel really wasn't being the hero when he single-handedly put her purloined heart back in her chest but was really his idea of foreplay.  And taking out her appendix, well, that was his idea of having his food farm to table, locally sourced.

I'd want Melanie to come back just watch her choke on her own tongue and hair when the truth about Daddy Dirtiest came out.  

I can dream, can't I??

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

...Greg Vaughan could play a great murderer, but I haven't heard that he's been let go.  Also, it would take a lot to explain Eric going from goody-good priestly man to psycho killer, but a good writer could certainly do it.....

Jake Kositchek was a goody-goody who became a serial killer.

I still vote for Abigail, though I suspect she isn't strong enough to strangle with a man's necktie.  But maybe her split/multiple personality is super-strong.  The clues are already there.  I think her father ALWAYS wore a tie.

• Love 5

KM will never be called a good actor, so we can rule out Abigail.  Marlena was a serial killer and is still beloved and a practicing psychiatrist.  This show does not bow to reality.  Can you imagine browsing through your health insurer's web site for a psychiatrist, reading Marlena Evans, and thinking "hmm, where have I heard that name before....oh I know, she murdered a whole bunch of people and stuffed a body in a piniata!  Yep, that's the one for me".

• Love 7

Can you imagine browsing through your health insurer's web site for a psychiatrist, reading Marlena Evans, and thinking "hmm, where have I heard that name before....oh I know, she murdered a whole bunch of people and stuffed a body in a piniata!  Yep, that's the one for me".

Not to mention that little blurb in her professional bio that mentions her experience with exorcisms ;-)

• Love 3

What if Jennifer is suffering a mental breakdown and is the killer? There was a spoiler about her dealing with "personal demons".

I doubt it, but.....

Whoa! Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of, although the mention of "personal demons" was provocative. Hmmmmmmmmm. 

• Love 1

Christopher Sean confirmed in a live chat that Freddie Smith will be back, but it is only a short visit.

I hope they use the visit to resolve things.  Him breezing in and out of town without resolving things with Will and Paul would be a mistake on the show's part.

• Love 2

According to Soaps in Depth:

The next murder occurs on Tuesday, Sep 8 (note that there is no show on Monday, Labor Day).   "There will be not one, but two major reveals" on that day.

The second murder can be connected to Chad, as well.

On Thursday, Sep 10, John will drop a bomb on Marlena and Brady, and on Friday, they will be trying to talk him out of a decision he has already made.

Apparently he's going off to look for his real parents.  I wonder if the search for Bo is involved in that, as well.

Apparently he's going off to look for his real parents.  I wonder if the search for Bo is involved in that, as well.

He's a sixty-year-old man! Whoever his parents are, they are sure to have been dead for a decade at least! Surely he doesn't need to discover his identity through his freaking birth parents at this stage in his ... well, "development" seems just wrong, but, "life," I suppose, is the word I'm looking for.

Maybe he forgot about Tori, and he now thinks, since Sparkle is part Japanese, then so must he be?

I hope Bo punches him in the head the moment he hears Jawn's latest scheme. "Your parents? Are you high? You're a grown-ass man, you idiot!"

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 12