Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

It’s sort of irritating how they’ve taken the newspaper and completely erased Jack and Jennifer from the narrative and history surrounding it and given it to Xander and Gwen for them to try and build their own false legacy around it. Especially considering how they acquired it. You can’t really have your “own thing” and have it be “your future” when you steal it from someone else. 

They both are acting like they are some plucky upstarts with nothing but a dream, pulling themselves up by the bootstraps with all their honest hard work, determination, and drive to make it and this will be their great legacy that they built.  Nope.  Not buying it.  They stole someone else’s legacy that was already a business in place and established and are acting like they started from nothing. 

It’s ridiculous for them to spout all their nonsense about the newspaper when everything they talk about they took from Jack and Jennifer. Even Xander and Chloe getting closer while building up the paper is a ripoff of early Jack and Jennifer.  At least JnJ’s story was actually about the paper and not just them falling in love. You actually saw Jack teaching Jennifer about the job. They had to deal with at different points not being able to afford to keep the paper. They were actual journalists. They reported on the actual events happening in and around Salem which led to them interacting with different characters. Xander and Chloe spend their time flirting more than anything else. Apparently, based on the article above, that will continue to be all they do.  Gwen only interviewed this new guy because it’s her next love interest. 

I wanted to punch Gwen in the face last week when she brushed off her and Xander’s stealing the paper from Jack and Jennifer with “oh they have another one in Connecticut.”  The sociopath will never get it. The Spectator was never just a job to them. It’s part of their history, their  legacy.  And then she threw out that line about getting her skills from her father like she’s so proud of herself. I guess in her pea brain that justifies her complete lack of training or qualifications for the job.  She brings up Jack, but doesn’t want to talk about what she did. Her or Xander.  They both can STFU.

If the show wanted Jack and Jennifer gone, they should have passed the paper on to their children, but that would have made too much sense. They’d already set up Abby to fill that role, but decided instead to remove the entire family instead and replace them in their own history. Gwen the nasty retcon is not the link to Jack and Jennifer the show thinks it, like her having the paper is honoring and acknowledging the history of it. Abigail/JJ? Absolutely. Retcon Gwen? Absolutely not.  Give them some other business to play at. Don’t get me wrong, it’s good to use the history in a new way, but this isn’t it. But that’s been the problem when it comes to JnJ since Gwen showed up. Their history, particularly Jack’s, has been twisted and annihilated to accommodate the retcon. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
(edited)

Well to be fair Jack stole the paper from Diana back in the day...it's more Leo's legacy than anybody else's 

Eh.

Maybe if Leo weren't a pointless retcon who'd been around for thirty years working at and building up the paper.  Or if Diana had been around to do the same thing for her son.  

Not really the same thing.

Edited by KBrownie
Added quote
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I don't think Nick Fallon will be brought back from the dead.  If Patty Duke can have an identical cousin for TV, then so can Nick Fallon.

I don't think a twin (or brother) works either.  No one -- from Julie to Gabriella to Jessica -- ever mentioned additional family.  Although, since Nick was born off-screen, who knows what the circumstances could have been.

Although he looks nothing like (and about 10 years younger than) Trevor Donovan, maybe he is a returned-from-prison ne'er-do-well Touch the Sky pilot Jeremy Horton.  With Stephanie 3.0 flailing around Salem, maybe Jeremy tries to prove he isn't a brutal misogynist.

He could be another pop-up son for David Banning (a la Eli).  Or an unmentioned child of Scotty and Faith, making him Julie's great-grandson.  We never heard anything about Melissa's family until Nathan popped up.  Same with Jessica for that matter. Maybe Sandy had a son/grandson.  

Since the show has done same-actor-new-persona multiple times lately, just about any mid-thirties male character is plausible.

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

If he was there to film something it might be another Christmas special like last year when they had Nick/Gabi get together. Maybe it's another Beyond Salem special.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

️ Monday, June 19, 2023

• Eli, Olivia, and Theo all arrive in Salem to commemorate Juneteenth and Abe and Paulina’s anniversary. 

• Chad helps Theo prepare to give his dad’s speech. 

• Eli reunites with Doug and Julie. Chanel finds Talia committing a kind gesture. 

• Abe remembers that it’s his anniversary and Whitley plays along.

️ Tuesday, June 20, 2023

• Abe confronts Whitley about the memory he had from his wedding day. 

• Chanel, Julie, Eli, and Theo continue to comfort Paulina. 

• Julie and Gabi’s old animosity resurfaces. 

• Leo confronts Megan about her and Dimitri using Gwen. 

• Dimitri declares his love for Gwen.

️ Wednesday, June 21, 2023

• Steve and Kayla reflect on how lucky they are to be reunited. 

• Alex and Brady celebrate closing a deal when Maggie arrives, furious. 

• Stephanie and Chad decide to take a big step in their relationship. 

• Xander recounts a strange encounter with Bonnie to Chloe.

️ Thursday, June 22, 2023

• Sarah is shocked to learn Bonnie told Justin her secret. 

• Xander attempts to catch up with Justin. 

• Belle and Brady catch up on recent events. 

• Chad and Stephanie are stunned when Maggie offers him a job.

️ Friday, June 23, 2023

• Eli arrives to offer his help on Abe’s case. 

• Belle and Talia meet with Melinda to make a plea for leniency. 

• Chanel speaks with Paulina about the abuse Talia suffered. 

• Whitley surprises Abe by telling him that his son is in town. 

• Useful 2

It's nice to see Eli return but it seems odd they are doing all this without Lani? I mean I don't like her but I am guessing she would be referenced? I don't think Abe/Paulina ever mention her anymore which is strange. 

Speaking of Abe/Paulina's anniversary I hate that it's on the same day as Lexie's death and nobody seems to have an issue with it. 

I find it hard to believe Theo wouldn't care or EJ who was very close to Lexie.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Alex and Brady celebrate closing a deal when Maggie arrives, furious. 

And kills Alex? Maims? Kicks him accidentally?

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It's nice to see Eli return but it seems odd they are doing all this without Lani? I mean I don't like her but I am guessing she would be referenced? I don't think Abe/Paulina ever mention her anymore which is strange. 

It's beautiful. 

• LOL 5

Too much Paulina and Julie. Talk about punishing the viewers 😳 

Chloe was nothing more than a placeholder until Sarah returned. They pretty much did the same thing with her with Stefan. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Didn't Victor fire Chad from Titan? Maggie offering a Dimera the spot is worse than Xander. At least he's family.  

Are we supposed to pretend Victor isn't ok with Alex or Xander but would be with Chad?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Didn't they JUST MEET?

It's all fake so he can get the money/because he's kind of afraid of his mom lol.

13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

For some reason I'm looking forward to this...I guess because she's leaving this year.

Yea, I'm looking forward to the Gabi and Julie scenes, too. Anything to get Gabi away from Stefan even for a minute lol.

11 hours ago, Sidney said:

Chloe was nothing more than a placeholder until Sarah returned. 

Gwen was just a place holder for Sarah, too. Xander/Sarah have now reached Eric/Nicole merry-go-round hell and I hate it!

• Like 6

Monday, June 26, 2023

• Rafe and Jada give in to their attraction.

• Abe accuses Jerry of being an imposter.

• Megan sets a date for Stefan and Gabi’s engagement party.

• Kate worries Harris won’t be able take care of Megan.

• Li welcomes Rolf back to Salem.

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

• Rafe and Eli fear the worst about Abe.

• Abe throws Whitley a curve.

• Li gets Rolf settled.

• Harris prepares to go after Megan.

• Kate speaks with Jada about her relationship with Rafe.

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

• Tripp makes Wendy an offer.

• Sloan suggests to Eric they try to make a baby.

• Nicole tells Chloe about how EJ's been a no show.

• Xander learns that Dimitri has proposed to Gwen.

• Leo can't believe Gwen is considering Dimitri’s proposal.

Thursday, June 29, 2023

• Wendy and Tripp’s date gets interrupted by Johnny.

• Leo voices his objections to Dimitri.

• Chloe and Xander talk about moving on from past relationships.

• Sloan makes a confession to Colin.

Friday, June 30, 2023

• Rolf finishes his orders to take down Stefan.

• Leo observes Megan.

• EJ and Kristen worry for their lives.

• Kate is shocked to learn Megan is still a free woman.

• The engagement night takes a drastic and shocking turn.

• Eric comforts Nicole over her pregnancy scare

u/hlma96

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, brisbydog said:

• Eric comforts Nicole over her pregnancy scare

Does he have her say 5 decades of the rosary or does he strip naked and do a dance to Donna Summer's "She Works Hard for the Money"?

What??  At least Eric keeps his mouth shut and his dance could certainly be considered a miracle.

Praise the Lord.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Abe is away so they are free to play. 

If Abe does get all huffy about it later, all they have to do is point to all that time he spent with stuffed cats in his lap.

Case.Closed.

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I guess it was inevitable 

FB_IMG_1687484583354.jpg

I love Xander and Sarah - but I am liking Xander and Chloe, too. Still, all this says to me is, now that this is the case, the latter are doomed.

Which...as I said, I love Xander/Sarah, so I know I'm lucky in that either way, it's a win. But I fully see Sarah (and the baby!) mixing things up. Add in KL's Rex, a.k.a. former Brady, as KL had great chemistry with Chloe, and is involved with Sarah, and this could be something...

...and then I remember it's Ron, so it'll likely all go to shit. (Unless whomever will scab takes the reins!)

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

That zipper gag means Gabi is miracle preggers now, right?

🙄

I can't see them doing another pregnancy when they got two going on plus Sloan trying to get  pregnant.Maybe someone messed with it to make it a size too small.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Like 3

With the news of Kyle Lowder's career switch in the BTS thread, I wonder if Rex will eventually be recast yet again? (If not, we can infer - as if we didn't know already! - that Sarah/Rex are not long for the world, even if they seemed borne out of convenience this time than a real love affair, etc. So no surprise there...)

Kind of a pivot, but good for Lowder for branching out.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

With the news of Kyle Lowder's career switch in the BTS thread, I wonder if Rex will eventually be recast yet again? (If not, we can infer - as if we didn't know already! - that Sarah/Rex are not long for the world, even if they seemed borne out of convenience this time than a real love affair, etc. So no surprise there...)

Kind of a pivot, but good for Lowder for branching out.

Unless they can get Eric Winter back, they might as well just give Rex/Sarah a HEA. I think despite Rex being a dog (well this version of the character) he fits with Sarah better long term than Xander does. 

Also given how many people BTS and on screen are leaving Days it makes you wonder if Days isn't on much longer(I know they have a two year renewal but at some point they can only cut costs so much)

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Unless they can get Eric Winter back, they might as well just give Rex/Sarah a HEA. I think despite Rex being a dog (well this version of the character) he fits with Sarah better long term than Xander does. 

Also given how many people BTS and on screen are leaving Days it makes you wonder if Days isn't on much longer(I know they have a two year renewal but at some point they can only cut costs so much)

Gotta disagree with you here, @CanaryFan98. (But then, you probably knew I would since I do still like Xander/Sarah! LOL!)

Send Rex off with Mimi and their kid if he isn't recast.

I do wonder, however, if the show was planning a quad with Rex/Sarah/Xander/Chloe, though. Then again, the way these stories roll, it would probably go from A to Z in a week or two, anyway, so...

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gotta disagree with you here, @CanaryFan98. (But then, you probably knew I would since I do still like Xander/Sarah! LOL!)

Send Rex off with Mimi and their kid if he isn't recast.

I do wonder, however, if the show was planning a quad with Rex/Sarah/Xander/Chloe, though. Then again, the way these stories roll, it would probably go from A to Z in a week or two, anyway, so...

I would be fine with this as well 

• Like 3
(edited)

And the ruination of Li continues.

Although, if Gabi can want Stefan of all people....maybe they're both ruined enough to be on par? No? She's worse?

*shrug*

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3

"Jasper Newman, who plays Colin Petersen on Days is exiting the soap on June 29.

Sal Stowers will make a big return to Days of our Lives on Tuesday, July 4.

Stowers plays Lani Price who spent time in prison. She will be temporarily released to attend Abe’s memorial."

So that was it for Colin? Guess he'll be sentenced off screen. Not sure why they had Sloane tell him about her Swab Shame then

Lani...zzzzzzzzzz

• Like 3