Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If true, I'm glad they aren't just getting rid of EOB. She's fantastic. I wonder if this ties into the random scenes her and Brady had awhile back? A little test, perhaps. They had a good vibe. 

I was wondering that too 

• Like 4

Gwen is leaving? I missed that. But, I agree to not recasting a role with an existing  actress. Maybe Dimitri kills her on the honeymoon? I actually hope not because it COULD be a good story with her faking a happy marriage to get money. If she is staying, she needs to find out the truth soon. There are already too many lame excuses for why Leo and her husband seem to be intimately close. I don't like the character, but she is not stupid. Well, she wasn't. The writers don't care.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If true, I'm glad they aren't just getting rid of EOB. She's fantastic. I wonder if this ties into the random scenes her and Brady had awhile back? A little test, perhaps. They had a good vibe. 

Interesting maybe this was in the works. Oddly enough EOB originally auditioned for Theresa but they gave the part to JL. So why didn't they just originally audition have her as a recast Theresa instead of Gwen in the first place? That would've spared a lot if they went that route. She still could've gotten with Chad, Jake etc.

Although Xander/Theresa would've been rather odd considering she falsely accused him of rape. That didn't stop this show from pairing Tripp/Allie though.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish they were going to give Chloe/Xander a real shot instead of this all just being plot for Sarah/Xander. Sigh.

Me too. I'm really enjoying them together. Sarah is such a killjoy now

• Like 2
23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish they were going to give Chloe/Xander a real shot instead of this all just being plot for Sarah/Xander. Sigh.

I do have some hope as Paul Telfer said the stuff he filmed for the fall had a more mature Xander making adult choices. Given the show doesn't seem to want Sarah on full time (that may change with Alar's firing; I bet LG stood up to him), I think Xander may remain committed to Chloe and co parent with Sarsh. I loved Xarah, and Broe, once but like Ericole too much baggage now. Xoe is refreshing to me

Edited by brisbydog
Typing in pool can't spell
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I like Xarah together but long term they don't work unless one of them fundamentally changes. I do like the idea of them as co-parents where they are on good terms despite their differences. That could be good drama if written well(big IF).

• Like 8
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I do have some hope as Paul Telfer said the stuff he filmed for the fall had a more mature Xander making adult choices. Given the show doesn't seem to want Sarah on full time (that may change with Alar's firing; I bet LG stood up to him), I think Xander may remain committed to Chloe and co parent with Sarsh. I loved Xarah, and Broe, once but like Ericole too much baggage now. Xoe is refreshing to me

Hard to tell, as there is also the RUMOR (stressing this!) that says Nadia has left/been gone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

She gets nothing good. Poor thing. It shouldn't be hard to write Chloe.

I'm still fuming over this Gwen to Theresa rumor. Emily can act, sure, but not so well its justifiable to hand her another character. Ron and Ken aren't taking anything in Days seriously if they think we're really into actors hopscotching around to different roles for no reason.

I mean, they can hire a temp actor to step in as Eric, right? Why not find someone new for Theresa, if it's absolutely necessary..?

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why not find someone new for Theresa, if it's absolutely necessary..?

Maybe they'll leave Gwen in Iceland when (speculation) she finds her husband & friend together. Then a few weeks later (also speculation), she reappears with an American accent as Theresa...who now wears glasses 😉

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • LOL 6

Does this mean we're also seeing Tate coming back? It'd be funny to see Rachel dealing with a half-brother.

Let's see, he was born in 2015, so that should make him about 16 years old now.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 10
11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I never even thought about how EOB would have to do an American accent for Theresa. That'll be interesting lol.

Not necessarily. If Kassie DePaiva's (Eve #2) old One Life To Live character can originate as an Asian-American woman turned Southern blonde-haired belle, Theresa can suddenly get an English accent, especially since Shane (Charles Shaughnessy) is British!

With that all said, I do NOT want this casting switch. Ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

It can happen.  And it has.  But since they did something like this with Ben recently, it's dumb to do it with EOB as if this is some kind of repertory theater.

And this isn't technically a spoiler because it never happened but how has this not happened yet?

https://michaelfairmantv.com/judi-evans-reveals-tom-eplin-almost-played-bonnies-ex-husband-on-days-of-our-lives/2023/07/31/

I loved Jake and Paulina.  And I hated what was done to them.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I loved Jake and Paulina.  And I hated what was done to them.

Thing is, I really liked Joe and his devotion to Paulina. What broke them up in the show - was it Jake's "death" and her falling for Joe in the interim?

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thing is, I really liked Joe and his devotion to Paulina. What broke them up in the show - was it Jake's "death" and her falling for Joe in the interim?

Pretty sure it was Jake's "death". By the time he came back, Paulina had fallen for Joe.

22 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Pretty sure it was Jake's "death". By the time he came back, Paulina had fallen for Joe.

Yup, that was it. And then Jake was transitioned towards Vicky after Ryan's death.

I was surprised to hear Judi only works on about 20 episodes of DOOL per year. Thought it was twice that.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

35 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yup, that was it. And then Jake was transitioned towards Vicky after Ryan's death.

So the technical answer is that Paulina fell for Joe during Jake's "death" and ended up staying with him.

The real reason is that the EP (JFP) wanted to put Jake with Vicky.   She didn't care about Paulina.  I never felt she actually cared about Joe & Paulina, really.

So even though Jake and Paulina were massively popular, she broke them up.

I could go on but wrong thread. 

Anyhoo, back to the point, I think it would have been so much fun to see Tom and Judi working together again, even in different roles, especially since Tom has been pretty MIA since he left atwt.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2
On 8/5/2023 at 9:17 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I think I agree with you. EOB is actually good. It's the bending over backwards and the "wtf?" retcon of Jack's history that made zero sense. I wish they had just used her as Theresa to begin with. Or she could have just been a relative of Shane Donovan's from England. 

Or she could have just been a totally new character with no ties to the canvas. That's one of the things I really like about Sloane. 

• Like 6
On 8/8/2023 at 9:17 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I never even thought about how EOB would have to do an American accent for Theresa. That'll be interesting lol.

Unless they spin it as Theresa was visiting her dad in England and pickdup the accent there. 🤣

I can’t even remember where Shane is supposed to be right now. Plus, I just remembered Theresa has supposedly been in California, right? But this is DOOL… anything can happen. 

• Like 3
On 8/9/2023 at 12:12 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah in the end Paulina realized she couldn't go back.

My issue was Joe was how much Paulina had to change to be with him. I didn't like how he was upset she wanted to keep her inheritance and how he treated the Corys. 

That being said that story with Bonnie was awful I'm glad that Tom wasn't invovled.

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Unless they spin it as Theresa was visiting her dad in England and pickdup the accent there. 🤣

I can’t even remember where Shane is supposed to be right now. Plus, I just remembered Theresa has supposedly been in California, right? But this is DOOL… anything can happen. 

He's in California with Theresa and Kim. Theresa took Tate to live with Shane/Kim/Caroline in California. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1

Monday, August 21

- Melinda seeks Sloan’s help with a legal issue.

- Nicole thinks back on her history with Victor.

- Shawn blames himself for Victor’s demise.

- Xander bumps into clearly pregnant Sarah.

Tuesday, August 22

- Sloan is interrupted while making a confession.

- Li has plans for a romantic date.

- Melinda contemplates outing Sloan’s secret.

- Johnny and Chanel face up to how they feel.

Wednesday, August 23

- There are doubts about how reliable Ava is.

- Tripp and Wendy consider a major choice.

- The validity of Dimitri’s marriage is put into question.

- Gwen interrupts someone being intimate.

Thursday, August 24

- Marlena and Roman share memories of Victor.

- Melinda raises some suspicions with her actions.

- EJ assumes his nightmare is a sign.

- Harris tries to keep Ava calm.

Friday, August 25

- Melinda gives relationship advice to Sloan.

- Kate is surprised by a visitor.

- Chloe is stunned by who pops up.

- Sarah admits to lying to Xander.

u/hlma96

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Those spoilers actually look like some stories may be moving. No mention of Abe and/or Paulina, so I am already happy. Oh, boy, Shawn is going to blame himself AGAIN and go back to drinking.

LOL - seriously? There are DOUBTS about how reliable nut job Ava is?

So, Sarah admitting to lying to Xander will happen. Who thinks she actually admits that to Xander? Bueller?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Shawn blames himself for Victor’s demise.

I didn't see this coming but I guess it tracks.

Just depressing though.

I guess Hope won't be coming back after Victor dies because....plane crashes?

Guys I really hate the Hope Bo nonsense and hype over these last few years.

15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Harris tries to keep Ava calm.

A la Joey?

19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That being said that story with Bonnie was awful I'm glad that Tom wasn't invovled.

Yeah I'd completely forgotten about it. Bonnie hasn't had good stories.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Ok, Justin/Wally is just letting it all out. 🥺

This is going to be hard. Poor Maggie/SR. I hate seeing her cry.

Why does asshole BenAlex get to be a part of this? Puke.

Edit: Oh and - even though he's alive again sorta - no Bo or Bo flashbacks. How stupid.

Didn't Caroline's spirit save Will when she passed? Couldn't they have found the cash to show Victor and Bo again, so his passing could bring Bo out of his coma? Something?

The inclusion of a Steve flashback there was so odd.

And wasn't Bo's most recent storyline all about how he wanted to be a Victor 2.0?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ok, Justin/Wally is just letting it all out. 🥺

This is going to be hard. Poor Maggie/SR. I hate seeing her cry.

Why does asshole BenAlex get to be a part of this? Puke.

Edit: Oh and - even though he's alive again sorta - no Bo or Bo flashbacks. How stupid.

Didn't Caroline's spirit save Will when she passed? Couldn't they have found the cash to show Victor and Bo again, so his passing could bring Bo out of his coma? Something?

The inclusion of a Steve flashback there was so odd.

And wasn't Bo's most recent storyline all about how he wanted to be a Victor 2.0?

Alex is Victor's nephew while this version doesn't have a huge history with Victor the character in general was around almost as long as Victor has been(mostly offscreen but still..) he at least makes sense to me. 

I would've liked Bo flashbacks but I'm guessing they might save that for the actual episode rather than promo. The flashbacks will probably be the best part I see they went real far back with some of these. 

I don't think the Steve flashback is that strange considering it was Victor who brought Steve to Salem in the first place my guess is Steve/Kayla are probably remembering that. 

Yes I believe so. 

Would've been nice to have Shane/Kim flashbacks especially with Andrew back in the fold and at one point Victor thought Andrew was his son.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Alex is Victor's nephew while this version doesn't have a huge history with Victor the character in general was around almost as long as Victor has been(mostly offscreen but still..) he at least makes sense to me. 

When Victor found out Angelica was pregnant with a Kiriakis baby he tried to force her to marry him (she married Neal Curtis instead), so he would have been Alex's fake father if she'd agreed. I still hate Benalex but his character does go way back to the eighties 

The Brady/Xander hug gets to me

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Brady....hugging Xander?

That better be earned.

I see it as extenuating circumstances. Both loved Victor and now he's gone. I can see a momentary cease fire of hostilities in acknowledging their mutual loss.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Brady....hugging Xander?

That better be earned.

Normally I'd agree but considering they're family and I'm sure are thinking of Maggie I'm okay with this scene. It should be tense otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Marci, Victoria, Camila all wanted less time and go recurring.  They got told no and lost them. 

Martha wants to stay and gets told no go recurring? 

Meanwhile we're stuck with newcomers forced on canvas Gwen, Leo, Dimitri, Wendy, Li, Paulina, Talia, and more. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3