Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

You know Sarah will be crashing the wedding. Likely in labour

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

https://ibb.co/sWjTLwz

Eric IS the father.

Eve is also returning. With Theresa and Philip for the funeral though, or to be dragged through the mud some more as a "villainess"?

Apparently she's in Bayview and runs into Harris. I hope they remember they didn't actually date so much as he had sex with her on a dare and drove her to suicide. No Harris propping plz

• Like 3
(edited)

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

OMG - ENOUGH with dredging up all these former characters! I know that many of you are excited to see people return, so I hope you enjoy the stories. I am probably one recap away from not even reading them anymore.

Writing compelling new characters is too challenging apparently.

*eyes Wendy, Stefan, Jake, Lani, Paulina and Gwen*

Apparently she's in Bayview and runs into Harris. I hope they remember they didn't actually date so much as he had sex with her on a dare and drove her to suicide. No Harris propping plz

Hopefully this is sensitively handled and part of Eve being shown as a normal healthy person again.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Is there confusion between Ava and Eve? We know Ava is in Bayview and coming back. Then, someone posted that Eve (Kassie DP) is also coming back?

Unless Soap Opera Digest doesn't know Eve from Ava...they said Eve on the cover.

29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

She bombed the church to kidnap Ben with the help of Wendy (his victim's) fiancee. She was caught and sent to the mental hospital basically.

Honestly it would've been more believable if he was involved with Serena I could imagine her with him (after all it was because of her we got Xander who was her former lover). Wendy not so much. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

https://ibb.co/sWjTLwz

Eric IS the father.

Eve is also returning. With Theresa and Philip for the funeral though, or to be dragged through the mud some more as a "villainess"?

Sad to say, but I read this post in Maury Povich's voice. The first line, anyway...

Awww, that's exactly how I meant it to be read!

Thanks for getting my humor 😘

• LOL 6
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hopefully this is sensitively handled and part of Eve being shown as a normal healthy person again.

Well, thankfully her main triggers Ben and Ciara are long gone from the show so hopefully she stays okay. 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sad to say, but I read this post in Maury Povich's voice. The first line, anyway...

How has Maury not made a cameo on soaps? I mean with all the paternity switches on Days. 

• LOL 6
On 7/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, Retired at last said:

OMG - ENOUGH with dredging up all these former characters! I know that many of you are excited to see people return, so I hope you enjoy the stories. I am probably one recap away from not even reading them anymore.

I'm not excited about Theresa returning but it makes sense given her ties to Victor. Plus it's not like she's sticking around either same with a lot of these other characters. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Plane crash, why can't he pass on his sleep? 

I literally was about to type the same thing.

Honestly, its ridiculous that they didn't just ask John for his preference regarding how to be written out. He was there, he was ailing, he must have known his daughter wouldn't want a plane crash ending.

I just hope the show would be smart enough to bring PR and KA back for this...

...and have Theresa completely freeze out Brady upon their reunion. He has spawned with the woman who tried to murder her and steal their son, after nearly marrying her sister. I really hope Theresa is 400% over him now, and focused purely on Maggie and Eve.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Applause 3

I'm not sure the NY Post is a reliable source of information about something like this.  It's also a bit ghoulish to ask someone ailing how they'd like to kill off their character. 

I'm not sure why they'd do a plane crash but I do think it could potentially lead to a mystery store about who caused the plane crash.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I honestly don't even know if I believe this. Jennifer Aniston is an entertainment maven with over 30 years of acting experience. It's not even like they're killing Victor off in an embarrassing way. 

Exactly! And since when do soap characters (or their RL relatives) ever dictate how they're killed off?  Shut up, Jennifer.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Exactly! And since when do soap characters (or their RL relatives) ever dictate how they're killed off?  Shut up, Jennifer.

She hasn't said anything.

Ha.  Even worse, the original source is the Daily Mail...even less reliable than the NY Post.

• Like 5

First, that seems weird to me that the focus is on JA and HER fear of flying. It's about the character, Victor. I do agree that this is a tacky send-off, though. Didn't Ava cause a plane crash before - the one where Pop Shawn was killed?

What was the relationship between Victor and Teresa? And Eve and Victor? Why are these people coming back? Thanks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She hasn't said anything.

Ha.  Even worse, the original source is the Daily Mail...even less reliable than the NY Post.

💯

She has no reason to shut up because she hasn't even said anything. I have no idea why people take sources like the NY Post & the Daily Mail at their word. Yes, they get things right occasionally, but mostly they're tabloid trash. 

I also don't really see what the big deal is that he is supposedly going to die in a plane crash. It's not an embarrassing way to die. It doesn't seem particularly salacious or disrespectful (even if the JA being afraid of flying thing is true.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

What was the relationship between Victor and Teresa? And Eve and Victor? Why are these people coming back? Thanks.

Vic and Theresa's relationship is a long story.

Theresa was enjoying having drunken and drug-fueled bedroom fun with Brady, even though he was an addict rebounding from his devastating relationship with Kristen. No one liked her for that. John asked her to back off, but she went and took Brady away for a quicky marriage in Vegas and a furious John got in her face about it in Victor's livingroom. She brained him with a fireplace poker, putting him in a coma and telling Brady he'd done it himself while blackout drunk. Ugly stuff.

Theresa ended up pregnant by Brady, who wanted nothing to do with her after John recovered and the truth came out. Kristen surgically ripped the baby out of Theresa, fled to Italy, then later kidnapped her so she could be used in an operation to help baby "Kristopher" and then be disposed of. Brady and his then-fiancee Melanie came to the rescue and they all narrowly avoided getting killed.

Once back in Salem with Brady's kid, Theresa felt confident she'd win him back and become a real family. Eve rooted for her sister to get what she wants. After Melanie opted to back off of Brady, he invited Theresa to live in Victor's mansion to avoid having her take baby Tate away to LA, as she was threatening to do. Victor got in the habit of calling Theresa a whore and various other names as she traipsed around his house, and it got so bad that Maggie tearfully ripped into him and called him out on his unrelenting remarks.

Maggie took the time to try seeing the good in Theresa and learned she'd once wanted to work as a fashion designer. As Theresa made moves to buy the dormant Basic Black brand from John, Maggie encouraged her. Theresa (after framing Xander for attempted rape to bring out Brady's protective side) also focused on being a decent Mom to Tate, and soon Brady saw some good in her and was back in her bed. Victor was unconvinced.

The couple ended up trying to marry during the Seige storyline (with escaped convicts Xander, Orpheus and Clyde getting their revenge) but it was a symbolic exchange of vows in their bedroom and not official. Then Theresa's druglord ex, Matteo, arrived from Mexico wanting her back. He broke into Victor's mansion to show her that he could get to Tate and Brady, and Theresa - with her parents support - opted to go with Matteo to Mexico and secretly work with the ISA to get dirt on him rather than risk her son and Brady's lives.

Knowing Brady would stubbornly attempt to take on Matteo and get himself killed if he knew the truth, she made it look like she had returned to drugs and booze and casual affairs to get him to dump her. When it didn't work and he begged her to give their relationship another chance, she abruptly broke up with Brady and said she didn't want Tate either. Victor knew it was all an act and said he respected her sacrifice and would welcome her back one day. They hugged before she left with Matteo.

Months later, she desperately cut a deal with Xander to get out of Mexico and away from Matteo and returned to Salem only to find Eve had taken her place. She was engaged to Brady and quick to denounce her as a lousy mother. An ugly custody battle ensued, pitting the sisters against each other. As promised, Victor stayed in Theresa's corner.

Eve had been quicky married to his late....brother (?) Deimos off-camera and basically barged into the mansion as the "grieving widow" determined to work in the family business. Victor was quick to badmouth her, especially once Brady fell into her bed. So he had no love for her, especially after Theresa's sacrifice was out in the open.

Theresa ultimately kept Tate and left for LA, hurt by everything that went down in court and resigned to Brady not wanting her. He has supposedly visited his son and called him a few times since, but we've never seen it. And, of course, he moved on from Eve to Nicole, Kristen and now Chloe.

So in spite of all the crap she pulled, Victor eventually saw the good in her. Theresa coming back to pay her respects to both him and Maggie seems warranted.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I literally was about to type the same thing.

Honestly, its ridiculous that they didn't just ask John for his preference regarding how to be written out. He was there, he was ailing, he must have known his daughter wouldn't want a plane crash ending.

I just hope the show would be smart enough to bring PR and KA back for this...

...and have Theresa completely freeze out Brady upon their reunion. He has spawned with the woman who tried to murder her and steal their son, after nearly marrying her sister. I really hope Theresa is 400% over him now, and focused purely on Maggie and Eve.

Brady wasn’t a willing participant in the conception of Rachel. He thought it was Nicole after all. 

Not sure why Theresa would care for Maggie though.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

💯

She has no reason to shut up because she hasn't even said anything. I have no idea why people take sources like the NY Post & the Daily Mail at their word. Yes, they get things right occasionally, but mostly they're tabloid trash. 

I also don't really see what the big deal is that he is supposedly going to die in a plane crash. It's not an embarrassing way to die. It doesn't seem particularly salacious or disrespectful (even if the JA being afraid of flying thing is true.)

Well given their past tributes to Renee and how Stefano’s death was undone I shudder to think how Victor will be handled. At least if he died in his sleep it’s less damaging and can be touching like Caroline’s was. 

• Like 3

Considering he's been near death in big dramatic ways before, I agree a peaceful ending would have been interesting.

I'm nervous too, Canary.

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Brady wasn’t a willing participant in the conception of Rachel. He thought it was Nicole after all. 

Very true...but afterwards he kinda shrugged it off and was back with Kristen. All the more reason for Theresa to swear off him.

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Not sure why Theresa would care for Maggie though.

Maggie was generous enough not to treat her like a scheming wh....um....female bad person, ahem, while Victor called her everything he could think of. Theresa was not really welcome in that house until Maggie extended an olive branch. Maggie asked about her passion for fashion and kinda kickstarted her transition into a better person. She also sympathized when Theresa said her absent-on-ISA-missions father and multiple personality disorder-suffering mother made for a tricky childhood.

There's a bond there.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Considering he's been near death in big dramatic ways before, I agree a peaceful ending would have been interesting.

I'm nervous too, Canary.

Very true...but afterwards he kinda shrugged it off and was back with Kristen. All the more reason for Theresa to swear off him.

Maggie was generous enough not to treat her like a scheming wh....um....female bad person, ahem, while Victor called her everything he could think of. Theresa was not really welcome in that house until Maggie extended an olive branch. Maggie asked about her passion for fashion and kinda kickstarted her transition into a better person. She also sympathized when Theresa said her absent-on-ISA-missions father and multiple personality disorder-suffering mother made for a tricky childhood.

There's a bond there.

I must’ve missed it because I don’t recall then interacting much. 

3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Wouldn’t make more sense for Kim Teresa’s mom to be the one at victors funeral.  I don’t know all the history but Kim has more of it with Victor than Teresa. 

They had bad blood and she probably should be there but I think Patsy has had health issues which is why she wasn’t at Caroline’s wake. Although at least Days mentioned they had her funeral etc in LA since she was living with her and Shane in her final years. 

• Like 3
18 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well given their past tributes to Renee and how Stefano’s death was undone I shudder to think how Victor will be handled. At least if he died in his sleep it’s less damaging and can be touching like Caroline’s was. 

I get not trusting the writers, but how is dying in a plane crash "damaging?" Unless they're going to pin the plane crash on Victor. Dying in a plane crash doesn't mean his death won't be touching. IMO, how his death is handled is more about how it affects those who loved him. His loved ones will mourn his death, whether he died in a plane crash or in his sleep. 

here it is, confirmed:

Monday, August 14

Justin shares news about where Victor’s plane is.

Shawn worries about what has happened to his grandfather.

Brady and Chloe manage to agree.

Li and Melinda argue about whether they should start over.

Tuesday, August 15

Abe attempts to return to his role as Mayor.

Chanel admits something to Paulina.

Johnny tells Chanel how he really feels about her.

Dimitri’s honeymoon is not going as he’d intended.

Wednesday, August 16

Gwen discovers something on her honeymoon.

Alex gets an apology from Chad.

Gabi attempts to discover Rachel’s secret.

Victor’s fate is revealed.

Thursday, August 17

Abe and Paulina hatch a plan.

Steve and Kayla mourn.

Kate struggles with sadness.

Chloe has some doubts about Xander.

Friday, August 18

Maggie looks back as Suzanne Rogers celebrates her 50th Anniversary.

Brady and Xander fight.

Kate is shocked by what she discovers.

Shawn struggles to cope after Victor’s death.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I get not trusting the writers, but how is dying in a plane crash "damaging?" Unless they're going to pin the plane crash on Victor. Dying in a plane crash doesn't mean his death won't be touching. IMO, how his death is handled is more about how it affects those who loved him. His loved ones will mourn his death, whether he died in a plane crash or in his sleep. 

Yep I can see them doing this and given how he's a villain it's not too much of a stretch of course just when I think this show couldn't go any lower they find a way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Chloe has some doubts about Xander.

He forgot to put the seat down? Animal!

Kate is shocked by what she discovers.

She has amassed enough money by now to, you know, live in a great house? She hasn't fought at all to get Lucas out of prison? She never got a scene with Theo?

Shawn worries about what has happened to his grandfather.

Didn't BB say he was supposed to have a scene with Victor but Covid got in the way of all that?

I hope Gabi is forced to pay her respects. I'm still annoyed with how close Camilla was to John during that scene where she leaned into his face.

...look, I'm just going to say it: it sucks to lump Maggie's anniversary episode in with Victor's passing.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5

Wasn't it said that Louise would be back as Viv? I figured she'd pop up for Stefan's wedding....but maybe it'll be Victor's funeral. Or Stabi's exit storyline.

I wonder how Replacement Eric will fare? Hopefully he doesn't get super juicy scenes. I want Greg there for the good stuff.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Well this is an odd rumour. Not sure I believe it

Screenshot_20230804_202109_RedReader.jpg

This was my reaction in the Arrivals/Departures thread, put here to reiterate:

Oh, for fuck's sake.

This show has to stop this shit. If Jen Lilley can't or won't stick around, find ANOTHER actress.

Stop having EXISTING actors take roles. It's ridiculous. I'm sure Emily O'Brien is a great person, even if I hate Gwen [I can separate!], but acting is a fickle business. If Gwen's time is done, let EOB go to find new opportunities. She could go back to Y&R, join B&B or GH, web soaps, or prime time!

But this having an actor playing 100 different roles so close together is lazy, and it cheapens the show.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1