Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Well, you know what they say about the family that slays demons together...

Seriously, thinking of friendships thanks to the discussion in the other thread, two friendships I miss are Sami/Eric and Sami/Belle. Unfortunately Sami's only interests anymore are owning Nicole and holding onto her husband of the moment regardless of whether either one of them even want each other.

Maybe the devil could do me a solid and switch Marlena's twins' love lives. So Sami takes a vow of celibacy and worries about things like work and family and being a person instead of a cartoon for a while. And Eric can have reckless revenge sex with everyone in Salem:

"Hey, Xander, remember how you slept with Nicole? I'm sleeping with Gwen! Hey, Brady, remember how you blackmailed Nicole into dumping me? I'm sleeping with Chloe! Hey, Dad, I just found out that you had a one-night stand with Nicole a few decades back, so I'm sleeping with Kate. Hey, Sami, you just had to destroy both my wedding and my anniversary party?! I'm sleeping with Lucas AND E.J. Not at the same time, though, neither one of them would go for it. Rafe showed up and seemed interested but I had to draw the line somewhere."

Love this. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Galen Ghering has been blackmailing Ken Corday since 2008. That's the only way any of this makes any sense.

I remembered reading that his wife was a big fan of Rafe or Galen so that is job security. Just like Re-Ron's dad loves him some Gabi, so she will be around in those silly outfits for life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Marlena is exorcised! From SOD:

"Marlena's family stages an exorcism to try and rid the devil from Doc Evans. "From the moment we kicked it off with Doug and Marlena, we had this image in our mind of an exorcism at Christmas and a Christmas miracle of getting Marlena back." "It seemed like a good time to tell that story and play a lot of twists and turns. The exorcism is about people coming together for the good against evil, for love to triumph over darkness...." "So that was our goal: to have John capture Marlena on Christmas Eve and play the exorcism on Christmas Day." "We ended up with the idea to use Gabriel, the angel that comes to John's aid, and there were a lot of little elements of the first one that we were also able to use. But at the same time, of course, we wanted to make this our own and something new." "So there's maybe a surprise or two along the way, maybe some callbacks to the original story, but at the heart of it, it is about family and love and the relationship between John and Marlena. John was able to save her life the last time; is be ale to save her this time?" To that end, the family gathers at Chez Black to start the process. "We wanted to get as many of the family together as possible. That was our goal, to have her loved ones and kids and grandkids there - it takes a village to exorcise a demon." "It is about them all coming together. We wanted there to be some surprises and of course, it's not a sure thing that it's going to work, so it definitely takes you on a bit of a roller coaster ride." Fortunately, Eric arrives home just at the right time. "John prays for guidance and help because he really needs reinforcements. So he prays for some sort of sign and as he's saying his prayers, there's a knock on the door and it's Eric." "Who is in a unique position to help them because he's a priest. The last time Marlena 'died' during the exorcism, so there really are life and death consequences here." "But that said, it is Christmas. So not to give too much away, but even if it ends well, it doesn't mean it doesn't still have far reaching consequences in the aftermath."

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like that'd be idiotic to do at this point, but if it meant she went back to just being a fun bitch then I'm not against it lol.

Yes that would be it I feel like making her Jack's made the character worse I actually liked Gwen when she first showed up.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes that would be it I feel like making her Jack's made the character worse I actually liked Gwen when she first showed up.

The retcon of making her Jack's was a stupid and pointless move to begin with.  It smacked of desperation to make the character relevant and has been a total failure.  There's no way for that to ever work with all she's done to that family.  Jack has been made to look like a total fool by just whitewashing her crimes and lies.  And now with Jennifer coming back, if they try to make her in any way pro-Gwen, then the unrealistic propping will continue to doom the character.

Undoing it might be the best and only way to salvage the character.  They've already moved her on to the next thing anyway that has nothing to do with Jack.  She's still an unrepentant liar who thinks she's owed something.  TPTB are obviously committed to forcing her to work and will keep moving her around until something clicks or they give up.  They may as well unhook her as the albatross from around Jack's neck.  She's done nothing but drag him down since she's been connected to him.

• Love 4

Allie/Chanel and Johnny/Gabi? Interesting.

Also interested to see Steve and Kayla on an adventure together.

I enjoy the hell outta the Abigail/Gwen relationship so I'm here for that stuff.

Ava torturing Nicole and Rafe sounds fun!

I guess Chad finds out about Phillip. Don't really get how that's a big story but we'll see.

• Love 7

Ugh, is Ron breaking up Craig and Nancy? Sounds like it.

Are they writing Jennifer out again? Or is Missy back for good? There's no mention of her in the spoilers...or of Ben, curiously...

Honestly it sounds like things are going to continue dragging out. Ava/Rafe/Nic should get a three week wrap-up at the most...this endless Sarah plot similarly needs to resolve...by February, Ava could be gone, Sarah could be back and things could be moving forward.

Could being the operative word here.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I guess Chad finds out about Phillip. Don't really get how that's a big story but we'll see.

JKJ left the show so how much milage would Chad get knowing about about Philip. Now, if Chad finds out what Lucas did, that actually affects Chad as he can go after Dimera Ent and betrays EJ if he keeps quiet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Johnny/Gabi/Jake is such a strange triangle. Early 20s/ early 30s(?)/ Early 40s. Granted all of these are legal adults, but this isn't what I mean when I ask for multigenerational storytelling. 

Technically, Gabi should have a relationship with Johnny/Alli, but I have no interest in seeing it.

I have no interests in a Steve/Kayla adventure. Adventure with this show's budget is seeing that hotel room people live in dressed up in slightly different ways. "There's a picture of Big Ben, so they're obviously in London." "There's a dollar store plastic rat in the corner, so this is obviously a third world prison." No thank you.

With Philip gone, we're getting the return of Kate/Chad. The devil truly won. 

I'm excited to see Nancy returning. This would be a great time to bring on Joy for Johnny. I'm assuming whatever is going on between Nancy/Craig will be to explain why Parker is still in New York with Grandpa Craig.

Marlena's next storyline is apologizing to people. Yeesh.

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I read nothing that is the least bit exciting or tantalizing. 

I wonder what happens to Jan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

JKJ left the show so how much milage would Chad get knowing about about Philip. Now, if Chad finds out what Lucas did, that actually affects Chad as he can go after Dimera Ent and betrays EJ if he keeps quiet.

That makes more sense. I'm down for Chad keeping quiet and letting EJ rot lol.

• Love 5
On 12/23/2021 at 8:58 PM, KBrownie said:

The retcon of making her Jack's was a stupid and pointless move to begin with.  It smacked of desperation to make the character relevant and has been a total failure.  There's no way for that to ever work with all she's done to that family.  Jack has been made to look like a total fool by just whitewashing her crimes and lies.  And now with Jennifer coming back, if they try to make her in any way pro-Gwen, then the unrealistic propping will continue to doom the character.

Undoing it might be the best and only way to salvage the character.  They've already moved her on to the next thing anyway that has nothing to do with Jack.  She's still an unrepentant liar who thinks she's owed something.  TPTB are obviously committed to forcing her to work and will keep moving her around until something clicks or they give up.  They may as well unhook her as the albatross from around Jack's neck.  She's done nothing but drag him down since she's been connected to him.

Wait, I didn't write this? Huh! But I agree and savored every word. 😊

On another note, Merry Christmas and a Happy 2022 to all of you fabulous people. You make Ron's dreck fun and hilarious.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So Philip is leaving...?

Is this an abrupt thing? Did the actor just bolt? Or was it planned?

I think his one year contract was up but I don't know if it was his or the show's choice however I am going to blame the show for it. They gave him nothing not even a real romance with Chloe. I knew that it was never going to be a real reunion when the show couldn't even bother to have them sleeping together (whether onscreen or implied through their conversations). 

The one thing that I enjoyed from his time here was running Titan and his working friendship with Gabi. Then the show decided to ruin that by trying to make Jake relavent so they have Gabi betray Philip so that she and Jake can continue with their silly quest to take over Titan and Dimera Enterprises.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, buffynut said:

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think most of those sound interesting.  Now whether Ron can write the storylines well, or not, remains to be seen.

I think a lot of it sounds interesting and/or fun, too. The writing, as always, will be hit or miss but I've been overall enjoying stuff lately so I hope that can continue.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

The one thing that I enjoyed from his time here was running Titan and his working friendship with Gabi. Then the show decided to ruin that by trying to make Jake relavent so they have Gabi betray Philip so that she and Jake can continue with their silly quest to take over Titan and Dimera Enterprises.

They had something with Phillip and Xander being competitive with each other and then it just went, "Huh?" Xander desperately trying to seek approval from Victor while Phillip just basks in his birthright despite not really earning it would have been a good soap. Oh, freaking, well.

I do think Jay Kenneth Johnson has looked the best he's ever looked towards the end of his run, so there's always that.

• Love 4

soaps.com spoilers

Monday, January 3:
Sami suggests to Lucas that they leave town to rebuild their relationship.

Tuesday, January 4:
Nicole makes an upsetting discovery.

Wednesday, January 5:
Kate presses Chad for the truth.

Thursday, January 6:
Xander and Abigail work together to trace Sarah’s whereabouts.

Friday, January 7:
Johnny makes a stunning announcement.
Susan arrives at Marlena with a new premonition.

• Love 3

Monday, January 3, 2022
Allie, Tripp, Chanel, and Johnny celebrate the New Year together.
Steve and Kayla join John and Marlena for New Year's Eve festivities.

Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Xander and Jack patch up their friendship.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022 
Nicole is frosty with EJ when he tries to make amends.

Thursday, January 6, 2022 
Johnny shares his good news with Marlena and John. 

Friday, January 7, 2022 
Anna and Tony return from Europe in time to join the festivities at the DiMera mansion.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Monday, January 3, 2022
Allie, Tripp, Chanel, and Johnny celebrate the New Year together.
Steve and Kayla join John and Marlena for New Year's Eve festivities.

Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Xander and Jack patch up their friendship.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022 
Nicole is frosty with EJ when he tries to make amends.

Thursday, January 6, 2022 
Johnny shares his good news with Marlena and John. 

Friday, January 7, 2022 
Anna and Tony return from Europe in time to join the festivities at the DiMera mansion.  

🥱😑🥱😑

7 hours ago, tribeca said:

I hope Sara is found soon.  
sami Lucas spoiler is probably her setting him up 🥲

I hope they just get this damn Sara thing done and over with! ASAP..if different actress please

• Love 4

I am not a Sami fan, but I just hope that Sami wanting to get away with Lucas is a plot to see if he did kidnap her, since I don't think she would have flip-flopped away from EJ so quickly after recommitting to each other. But, I do have to wonder how long she is in town this time and if she is not staying for a while, why would they have her back with EJ?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Those two in scenes together are better than most of the other couples combined.

Unless Eileen comes back permanently. I'd watch her (and anyone) all day, every day.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently Camila B stopped filming last month. Guess this means Gabi is leaving.

Honestly, I'll take it, but I'd rather it be Jake. If CB is leaving what the fuck are they gonna do with BB?

8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is Philip so abruptly being written off? Seems suspicious...bts drama? Did he turn down a contract extension?

Yea, it felt abrupt for sure. It kinda feels like they planned for the 'Phillip frames Bardy' story to maybe be longer but then something happened to cause him to leave/be let go so they just ended it. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If CB is leaving what the fuck are they gonna do with BB?

Maybe they can get back to the Car Garage storyline and the great Jake/Ben friendship. 

Oh, who am I kidding, fire them both for the love of God.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is Philip so abruptly being written off? Seems suspicious...bts drama? Did he turn down a contract extension?

His contract ended. We don't know if he didn't want to come back or if the show wrote him off. What I can tell you is that Philip had no real story for the 4 or 5 months. He would show up and growl about Brady being too close to Chloe, do the bare minimum with Titan with Gabi, and share a few scenes with either Kate and/or Luke, 

I don't find his departure that abrupt as I think that they only wrote this jealousy/faking his death to write Philip off the show. Before that, he barely had any scenes. They could have easily written that he was leaving town when Victor fired him but they wrote this nothing of a story instead.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe they can get back to the Car Garage storyline and the great Jake/Ben friendship. 

Oh, who am I kidding, fire them both for the love of God.

From your keyboard to a showrunner's ears. 

• LOL 2
50 minutes ago, nilyank said:

His contract ended. We don't know if he didn't want to come back or if the show wrote him off. What I can tell you is that Philip had no real story for the 4 or 5 months. He would show up and growl about Brady being too close to Chloe, do the bare minimum with Titan with Gabi, and share a few scenes with either Kate and/or Philip, 

I don't find his departure that abrupt as I think that they only wrote this jealousy/faking his death to write Philip off the show. Before that, he barely had any scenes. They could have easily written that he was leaving town when Victor fired him but they wrote this nothing of a story instead.

Why not just have him date Chloe and be romantic, full throttle, full steam ahead? It's like they're saving their reunion love story for a later that might never come. He was here now! Tell the story now!

Sheeesh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently Camila B stopped filming last month. Guess this means Gabi is leaving.

Welk, that's good news.  Once upon a time I would have missed her.  Not anymore.

What's going to happen to her company, Gabi Shriek?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Welk, that's good news.  Once upon a time I would have missed her.  Not anymore.

Was just getting ready to post the same thing. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with BB.  I like him a lot but the Jake character really sucks. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

His contract ended. We don't know if he didn't want to come back or if the show wrote him off. What I can tell you is that Philip had no real story for the 4 or 5 months. He would show up and growl about Brady being too close to Chloe, do the bare minimum with Titan with Gabi, and share a few scenes with either Kate and/or Luke, 

It’s all a high level bullshit on Shows part. It’s all about the families, right ??
( Brady’s/DiMera & Kiriakis) . Soo they focus on the boring.. Belle/Shawn. Let Brady be top dog in the Brady AND Kiriakis fam, while Philip gets f’d over every single time. Very undeserved, especially because he’s been in the family longer than his nephew, bro-Brady.

His departure was sad and reminded me when he left for the Marines.. the sad look on his face. JKJ is very very good with being emotional( angry and jealous, as well lol) 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I know Phillip is popular, but I found JKJ sort of awkward this time around. So I cannot really say I'll miss the character, but it certainly was an abrupt exit.

I love Philip but felt that JKJ didn’t find his stride after so many years away. He was good in his limited scenes with Kate and Lucas, but that’s a small part of the job. I wonder if the exit was by mutual agreement that at this point in his life JKJ wasn’t up to the soap opera grind— which is not to say he couldn’t be up to it later, if he and the show would like.

• Love 5
On 12/30/2021 at 2:05 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I hope it's not just a vacation for CB. I hope she's just gone-gone because I find the character completely insufferable played by an actress with limited acting skills. I don't really care if Jake stays or goes but if he stays he basically has nothing to do since he's been Gabi's lapdog for almost his entire existence. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I hope it's not just a vacation for CB. I hope she's just gone-gone because I find the character completely insufferable played by an actress with limited acting skills. I don't really care if Jake stays or goes but if he stays he basically has nothing to do since he's been Gabi's lapdog for almost his entire existence. 

Assuming this show ever truly brings back Sarah, be it under Linsey Godfrey or via recast and assuming she and Xander do reunite, Gwen may need someone to leech off of again, and she and Jake did have a prior history...

• Love 7

I can't condone CB's stances - getting in John Aniston's face on camera really irked me, stage direction or not - but I do like Gabi. CB has shown decent range and been denied a good romantic storyline.

This bums me out. Her scenes with Sami highlighted the good things they could have done with Gabi...

• Love 8