Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, Sonny is going to bring that stupid wish box to the rendezvous with Will Roman sets up, I just know. #ew

Fingers crossed there's eventually a scene where someone tells Jack about Eve sleeping with JJ.

What is this wish box you keep going on and on about?

8 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

What is this wish box you keep going on and on about?

Aw, am I annoying you? :)

Someone correct me if I mess up any details, but we found out at some point after Will and Sonny got together that Sonny has a wish box that he puts a wish in every year on New Year's and works towards it coming true.  And he told Will that he put a wish in the box - months before Will even came out - that Will would fall in love with him, or he'd get Will to fall in love with him, or something.  It's the Dobler/Dahmer theory from HIMYM.  If you're into someone, a gesture like that is super cute and romantic.  If you're not, it comes off creepy.  And that's the way it came off to me, though understandably YMMV.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Man, Kate Mansi even plays Abigail giving Chad the good news about Charlotte super bitchy and smug.  I am not enjoying her, you guys. 

And I hope Gabi punches her back.  The truth's out, girl, might as well take the gloves completely off.

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man, Kate Mansi even plays Abigail giving Chad the good news about Charlotte super bitchy and smug.  I am not enjoying her, you guys. 

If there was *anything* I was looking forward to coming up with Chad and Abigail it was Chad finding out the truth about the baby. But nope. Just that few seconds is leaving me cold because KM gives off ZERO warmth and emotion Why the hell does she look annoyed saying it??

• Love 7
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

If there was *anything* I was looking forward to coming up with Chad and Abigail it was Chad finding out the truth about the baby. But nope. Just that few seconds is leaving me cold because KM gives off ZERO warmth and emotion Why the hell does she look annoyed saying it??

Considering how much Chad has been a dumb ass believing in Kate & Gabi this entire time to the point of Abigail being locked up she should be annoyed with him.  Abigail bringing the baby to him and even telling him the truth is more than he deserves at this point.  Because why does he suddenly believe? Because there's proof now? 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Considering how much Chad has been a dumb ass believing in Kate & Gabi this entire time to the point of Abigail being locked up she should be annoyed with him.  Abigail bringing the baby to him and even telling him the truth is more than he deserves at this point.  Because why does he suddenly believe? Because there's proof now? 

Abby was locked up because she didn't want to get evaluated by a doctor who could have determined if she was suffering a mental relapse but decided that better option was to divorce Chad and marry Stefan. Her behavior reflected the behavior as if Gabby personality returned.

She should be angry that he left her because he couldn't accept Stefan was the father of her baby. But her getting locked up in Bayview could have been avoided if she wasn't such an idiot.

• Love 8

She shouldn't have had to get evaluated by the doctor. Chad as her husband, and the person who claimed he'd stand by her after he abandoned her before and she forgave him should have taken her side.  Abby believed in Chad when he was locked up for being a serial killer and  everyone in town thought he murdered people.  Even when all the planted evidence was pointed to him. It was Abby who believed him despite it all, hid him from the police and stood by him. He said he'd always do the same, but nope this story made him a dumbass who does not have her back.

• Love 5

Yes, Abby believed him when no did, but she believed him because he was never violent with her or acted like he had homicidal tendencies. She believed him. Meanwhile, she was completely clueless that her fiancee was the actual killer no matter how sketchy and controlling he acted around her.

Chad didn't believe her because there were a ton of incidents that she could explain or recall. She also believed that the alters were back and initially wanted to see Marlena so she could help her. He thought that she was displaying the same kind of behavior that she has shown two months earlier when she was suffering from DID and he not know. He can't trust his own instincts because he missed the signs before. And again, it wasn't like she got long term treatment and was deemed cured and this happened a couple of years later. It was literally months after she got two week treatment from her grandmother after spending months running around in cheap wig or glasses.

But no worries, everyone is going to apologize to Abby because they didn't believe she was sane even when she knowingly behaved oddly (e.g. marrying Stefan and then pretending to be Gabby).

February cannot come soon enough for me.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7

Nilyank, thanks for saving me typing time. Yup, the circumstances were different.

...and I like to think, even if the show won't address it, that Chad is smart enough to know he's hopelessly in love with a headcase who will find any way possible to sleep with the men in his family. Even when defending her to others, his first words are always "...she's the mother of my children!" and not "she's a wonderful person and my soulmate". Chad's too good a guy to cut and run, even when it makes sense to and he knows it. Sad really. What else does Abby have to do to prove herself a completely unstable mother?

• Love 5
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Aw, am I annoying you? :)

Someone correct me if I mess up any details, but we found out at some point after Will and Sonny got together that Sonny has a wish box that he puts a wish in every year on New Year's and works towards it coming true.  And he told Will that he put a wish in the box - months before Will even came out - that Will would fall in love with him, or he'd get Will to fall in love with him, or something.  It's the Dobler/Dahmer theory from HIMYM.  If you're into someone, a gesture like that is super cute and romantic.  If you're not, it comes off creepy.  And that's the way it came off to me, though understandably YMMV.

Mm-hmm.  I don’t think this box will come up but still.  You keep talking about this wish box.  I haven’t seen any other Sonny and Will fan talking about this box.  Just you.  That says something.

• Love 1

...does it say that I'm not a Will and Sonny fan?  Because I've never claimed to be.  And even though I'm not, I've mentioned when I've liked aspects of their story/relationship, like this week with the beat with Will offering to be the man on the side and Sonny turning him down.  That thing with the wish box was one I didn't like, and I don't think it's outrageous to mention it now given the time of year and Will and Sonny's current status.

But hey, obviously opinions vary.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

...does it say that I'm not a Will and Sonny fan?  Because I've never claimed to be.  And even though I'm not, I've mentioned when I've liked aspects of their story/relationship, like this week with the beat with Will offering to be the man on the side and Sonny turning him down.  That thing with the wish box was one I didn't like, and I don't think it's outrageous to mention it now given the time of year and Will and Sonny's current status.

But hey, obviously opinions vary.

I remember the wish box, too.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, boes said:

I remember the wish box, too.  

There were aspects of the wish box that I thought was cute, but, then it was not anymore.  It always seemed that it should have been something that Sonny kept to himself. A bit oversharing in my opinion.   The writers could have been a bit more creative in giving Wilson something else that was unique to them.  I have always had the unpopular opinion that Wilson went too fast. I love a  slow burn romance. Mardar never wanted Wilson to be a bonafide couple, Sonny and Will were supposed to be friends. Tomsell made them a romance and we saw how fast they married them and proceeded to give them horrific and out of character writing. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I hope Gabi punches her back.  The truth's out, girl, might as well take the gloves completely off.

KM is horrible.  An annoying, limited actor playing an annoying, unsympathetic character is not a good pairing.  I can't wait for her to leave.

I also hope Gabi punches Abigail right in her stupid face.

• Love 7

Soilers for Monday December 31:

Jennifer and JJ's lives are turned upside down.

Tuesday January 1:

Days of our Lives will not be seen today.

Wednesday January 2:

Abigail is reunited with Jack.

Thursday January 3:

Jennifer tries to get through to Jack.

Eve's partner in crime is revealed.

Xander is back in Salem when Paul Telfer returns to Days.

Friday January 4:

Rafe arrests Stefan for espionage!

Hope interrupts Ben and Ciara’s date to tell her daughter about Ben’s role in Gabi’s abduction.

• Love 2

I have a feeling I'm going to like Eve more as a straight-up villain versus the show trying to pretend she was a heroine last time around.

I also assume this Rafe arresting Stefan O. thing will somehow provide the MacGuffin that keeps Gabi out of jail as well.

• Love 3
On 12/18/2018 at 9:39 AM, nilyank said:

So does Stefan kidnap Gabi himself or does he send his head of security to do that. Yeah, not a great look to have the serial killer help kidnap a young woman regardless of what she did.

I think Ben does it, because Ciara finds out about it and confronts him.

• Love 3

While I’m sympathetic to Gabi’s need for revenge or justice, she crossed the line a while ago. For what happened to Julie, who simply discovered the truth and was rightly pissed and horrified, Gabi needs to answer for that.

And it may be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t really care that Julie hasn’t gotten over Gabi’s part in the death of Nick, who was only thrown under the bus and written totally OOC because there was a need for a token homophobe to give WilSon some drama because reasons.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, katie9918 said:

While I’m sympathetic to Gabi’s need for revenge or justice, she crossed the line a while ago. For what happened to Julie, who simply discovered the truth and was rightly pissed and horrified, Gabi needs to answer for that.

And it may be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t really care that Julie hasn’t gotten over Gabi’s part in the death of Nick, who was only thrown under the bus and written totally OOC because there was a need for a token homophobe to give WilSon some drama because reasons.

Answer for what?  Gabi didn't shove Julie down the stairs, they were tussling over the paternity test at the top of the stairs and Julie fell.

But I agree on the second point, Julie's allowed to hate Gabi forever.  It's like Ben and Eve.  I've actually been okay with most of Ben's redemption beats, but if we ever hit the day where Eve's like "Eh, he's not so bad," that's just stupid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Answer for what?  Gabi didn't shove Julie down the stairs, they were tussling over the paternity test at the top of the stairs and Julie fell.

Exactly.  Gabi didn't push her, Julie slipped while they were having a tug of war over the envelope.

And Nick was no token homophobe.  He was a full-blown, threatening hateful man after his prison experiences, homophobic but also controlling, isolating and abusive to Gabi, things Julie selectively has chosen to dismiss.  She sure as hell has never given a crap about Will, but her "precious" Nick is a whole different story. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, boes said:

Exactly.  Gabi didn't push her, Julie slipped while they were having a tug of war over the envelope.

And Nick was no token homophobe.  He was a full-blown, threatening hateful man after his prison experiences, homophobic but also controlling, isolating and abusive to Gabi, things Julie selectively has chosen to dismiss.  She sure as hell has never given a crap about Will, but her "precious" Nick is a whole different story. 

Yes, and he was trying to control and isolate Ari as well by cutting her dads out of her life.  Maybe if I had been watching during Nick's original run I'd have more than feelings of revulsion toward him, but I dunno.  When he returned I read up on his character.  Even before being turned into a murderer he had issues and was never the man Julie makes him out to be.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

KM is horrible.  An annoying, limited actor playing an annoying, unsympathetic character is not a good pairing.  I can't wait for her to leave.

I was reminded last week that she actual has an Emmy. Let that sink in for a while! That should give hope to all actors that literally anyone could win one.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Yes, and he was trying to control and isolate Ari as well by cutting her dads out of her life.  Maybe if I had been watching during Nick's original run I'd have more than feelings of revulsion toward him, but I dunno.  When he returned I read up on his character.  Even before being turned into a murderer he had issues and was never the man Julie makes him out to be.

I liked original run Nick in all his geek glory so I wasn't a fan of how dark his character turned before he died. That said, Julie acts like Gabi woke up one night and randomly decided to kill Nick, which is not the case. Julie's lack of empathy has always rubbed me wrong. She doesn't need to like Gabi but her dismissal of facts has remained an ugly look for her. Also, Gabi and Julie wouldn't have been tussling over the paternity results if she hadn't broken in to Gabi's room and started going through her things to find them in the first place. Gabi didn't push Julie. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, katie9918 said:

I was always torn about Nick. I loved original recipe Nick, he was such a unique character.  He was the best thing to come out during Scheffer's stint as head writer.  The show hinted that Nick had emotional/obsessive issues  invoking his Horton heritage. Nick's tight bond with Abigail was awesome. Ashley Benson played her at that time and she too had the Horton gene coming out in subtle hints.  They had a wonderful synergy that I was hoping the writers were building for the future. To my dismay, nothing came of it.  The show really sucks at developing the legacy children who are the future of the show. There are so many out there who could be brought back to give us good stories connecting the past, the present and the future.

I loved Nick's romance with Chelsea continuing the long tradition of Bradys and Hortons falling in love with each other.  Plus, he is a legacy character in his own right.  He too is Tom and Alice's great-grandson.  I too hated that he was thrown under the bus for Melanie and then it got worst for Wilson.  I never bought Nick's homophobia.  If Andre and Ben  who are serial killers are allowed back into society as free men, why wasn't Nick given a chance as well?

I don't have a problem with Julie hating Gabi forever, it is a realistic emotion to have in an unrealistic show like Days.  It actually makes Gabi a richer character, plus, she is Arianna's mother and on some level the Hortons will have to deal with a person who killed one of them. Gabi could be so much more if the writers would use her past as an inspiration to give her good writing that befits her complexity as a character.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I don't have a problem with Julie hating Gabi for killing Nick, but only plays the same one-note harpy whenever Gabi's name is mentioned. She never shows any nuance or understanding when the moment calls for it.

Both JJ and Eli cheat on Gabi for no reason at all, but Julie is thrilled because it hurts Gabi and means that another Horton won't be involved with Gabi after she rightfully dumps them.

Gabi saves JJ's life, but Julie can't even acknowledge it.

Julie was able to reach out to Ciara regarding her feeling of being raped and show empathy, but refuses to believe that Gabi was being victimized by Nick.

Gabi gets accused of killing Andre (an unrepentant serial killer), and Julie tells everyone that she knew that Gabi was killer and enjoying that she is going to prison, not caring that Ari would be losing her mother at a time when Will has amnesia and doesn't remember his daughter.

When Abby is revealed to be the caused of Andre's death and framing Gabi, Julie doesn't see how hypocritical she was now that it was princess Abby's fault.

Now, Julie will forever tell everyone how evil Gabi was to poor, innocent Abby and how she almost died after falling down those stairs. It makes me wish that Gabi did push her down those stairs.

• Love 11
On 12/21/2018 at 10:06 PM, Artsda said:

She shouldn't have had to get evaluated by the doctor. Chad as her husband, and the person who claimed he'd stand by her after he abandoned her before and she forgave him should have taken her side.  Abby believed in Chad when he was locked up for being a serial killer and  everyone in town thought he murdered people.  Even when all the planted evidence was pointed to him. It was Abby who believed him despite it all, hid him from the police and stood by him. He said he'd always do the same, but nope this story made him a dumbass who does not have her back.

Chad was believing in Abigail when she as Gabby was falling into bed with Stefan.  So I take it Chad did not want to be burned twice.

7 hours ago, tribeca said:

I really dislike the caption in that magazine.  Abigail  rightfully smacks Gabi.  

Neither I because Abigail put the whole thing in motion when she and her lover framed Gabi for Abigail's crime,.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, boes said:

All of the things that you listed are true, but, let's not forget that Gabi was a willing participant of Nick's nastiness and homophobia. She was okay with Nick treating Wilson like dirt for her benefit. On some level she agreed with Nick that Wilson did not deserve Arianna and that they were defective parents because of their sexuality.  She caught an attitude when Wilson did not want Nick at their wedding and demanded that they invite him because he was a Horton. She also fucked Nick in their apartment giving him false hope triggering his delusions that Gabi he and Arianna could be a happy family in New York without Wilson.  She also used to use Arianna as a weapon against Sonny, taunting him and telling him that she had something that he could not give Will naturally.   There were times that Gabi seemed to resent Wilson's relationship and turned to Nick out of loneliness, comfort and horniness. Nick was too happy to oblige. Gabi was far from innocent in the Nick debacle.  Every time that Wilson used to tell Gabi that Nick was not to be trusted she would whine incessantly that Nick had changed and that Wilson were being too mean and judgmental. This is also after Nick came back from the dead.. They told her that they did not want Arianna around Nick, but, Gabi insisted that Arianna was fine and that she was her daughter too and she could decide who she can allow to interact with Arianna.

• Love 6

Man I am dreading Abigail helping to decide Gabi's fate.  Funny how nobody consulted Gabi on what Abigail's fate should be after her alter framed her for murder. #eyeroll 

And with Kate Mansai playing it, you know Abigail is gonna be smug and bitchy as hell as she mounts her high horse.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14
49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man I am dreading Abigail helping to decide Gabi's fate.  Funny how nobody consulted Gabi on what Abigail's fate should be after her alter framed her for murder. #eyeroll 

And with Kate Mansai playing it, you know Abigail is gonna be smug and bitchy as hell as she mounts her high horse.

They don't have proof that Gabi did anything wrong, so how the hell does Abigail get a say. What a bitch! February cannot come fast enough for me.. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

They don't have proof that Gabi did anything wrong, so how the hell does Abigail get a say. What a bitch! February cannot come fast enough for me.. 

I was trying to figure out what Gabi's actual crimes are:

• she falsified the paternity test, is that some kind of fraud?
  • she drugged Abigail, and moved her, so could the latter be a kidnapping related charge?
  • she gave false information to the police.

None of those seem too serious, as far as criminal charges go.  Especially when one looks at the crimes others have committed and in particular in comparison to Abigail committing murder--which she did before she became Gabby.  And Gabi can probably get a doctor to say she has PTSD due to the severe beatings in prison.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

I was trying to figure out what Gabi's actual crimes are:

• she falsified the paternity test, is that some kind of fraud?
  • she drugged Abigail, and moved her, so could the latter be a kidnapping related charge?
  • she gave false information to the police.

None of those seem too serious, as far as criminal charges go.  Especially when one looks at the crimes others have committed and in particular in comparison to Abigail committing murder--which she did before she became Gabby.  And Gabi can probably get a doctor to say she has PTSD due to the severe beatings in prison.

Unless they found a secret camera feed that filmed Gabi's deeds, there is no physical proof of any this. Yes, Julie saw the real paternity test results but Gabi burned those results. There is no proof that Gabi switched the results which Abby read. The hospital  records still show that Chad is the father. 

Yes Gabi drugged Abby, but there is proof that Gabi drugged Abby. Even if Abby gets herself tested to see if there is any drug still in her system, Kayla really can't reveal that she prescribed that drug to Gabi. And if Kayla did violate HIPPA to help Abby, I thought the sedative is common enough. 

And she gave enough of the truth to cops when she did speak to them. Plus it's not like the cops in Salem PD care much about the truth.

However this story is winding down and Gabi will thankfully be removed from Chabby's dull "love story."

• Love 7

I mean, Gabi for sure helped paint a picture of Abigail slipping back into mental illness.  But the most damning actions during this story, if you think about it, were taken by Abigail herself - when she stupidly married her rapist and gave him the power to commit her at his will - and Chad - when he made that deal to trade Charlotte for Abigail being committed - and not Gabi, Gabi didn't force or plan for those things to happen.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, Gabi for sure helped paint a picture of Abigail slipping back into mental illness.  But the most damning actions during this story, if you think about it, were taken by Abigail herself - when she stupidly married her rapist and gave him the power to commit her at his will - and Chad - when he made that deal to trade Charlotte for Abigail being committed - and not Gabi, Gabi didn't force or plan for those things to happen.

Totally agree with you about what Abby and Chad did to screw themselves and each other in this shitty story. Although I want to see them back together, they have huge issues to work out, phew.  But Gabi did more than help to paint a picture of mental illness....she gaslighted her, drugged her while she was pregnant, dragged her unconscious, pregnant body around, stood by while her baby was taken from her, and would have taken her place in her life with Chad and Thomas in a heartbeat. Whether she was justified or not, this was a full-bodied plot, in which she even had accomplices in Kate and Kayla.

I honestly don't think I'd be as quick to defend Abigail if she wasn't pregnant when all of this happened. 

• Love 6
On 12/21/2018 at 10:06 PM, Artsda said:

Chad thought Abigail was fine up until he caught her banging Stefan.  He did not want to be burned again by Abigail so he was on the look out for something to go wrong again.  Why am I defending Chad who I do not like.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I am no fan of Abigail but I don’t like the actions taken by Gabi which could have potentially harmed the innocent baby. It’s bad enough she has to have Abby as a mother. 

Abigail is a Horton.  That baby is definitely going to be perfect.

• Love 6

That spoiler "Eli and Lani make love for the first time as a couple" makes me laugh.  So they were "making love" solo when the conceived the baby?  What, they were in separate rooms?

THAT would be one for the Guiness Book of Records.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, boes said:

That spoiler "Eli and Lani make love for the first time as a couple" makes me laugh.  So they were "making love" solo when the conceived the baby

Well, technically they weren't a "couple".  They found themselves together (the first time) after believing their partners had strayed.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well, technically they weren't a "couple".  They found themselves together (the first time) after believing their partners had strayed.

This feels like the show is trying to "clean up" a couple that started out in kind of disgusting circumstances--Lani showed up at Eli's drunk and looking for revenge and now they're trying to say it was a night of love.  To me, there is no way to pretty up Lani/Eli's "romance" but then again, didn't Lani and JJ's relationship begin after their  drunken hook up when he was still with Gabi? 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This feels like the show is trying to "clean up" a couple that started out in kind of disgusting circumstances--Lani showed up at Eli's drunk and looking for revenge and now they're trying to say it was a night of love.  To me, there is no way to pretty up Lani/Eli's "romance" but then again, didn't Lani and JJ's relationship begin after their  drunken hook up when he was still with Gabi? 

Plus, they're just boring as hell. 

• Love 7

Lani is boring as hell. Sal needed to be replaced in the role like three years ago.

And let's not forget, Lani originally had her sights set on ShawnD....or was Rafe first?

She's gone after every man in the cop shop she's worked with...and still has zero personality.

• Love 8