Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Yeah, why is Victor siding with Eve?  Wasn't he just siding with Theresa?

In other news, fuck off, Eve.  That Eve - who was gutted by losing her daughter - is working so hard to strip her own sister of custody is just...

• Love 10

They've done a real number on Eve. I mean I wasn't watching last time she was on so maybe she sucked then, too. She did fuck her daughter's boyfriend. But still, she is completely heinous in this story. Do the writers get that or no?

• Love 7

I hate stories where Parent A tries to cut Parent B out of a kid's life for no other reason than Parent A is a bitter asshole who wants to stick it to Parent B.  This behavior is understandable from Brady, because he's a selfish, awful jerk, but Eve shouldn't be this cruel.

Poor Gaby. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I hate stories where Parent A tries to cut Parent B out of a kid's life for no other reason than Parent A is a bitter asshole who wants to stick it to Parent B.  This behavior is understandable from Brady, because he's a selfish, awful jerk, but Eve shouldn't be this cruel.

Poor Gaby. 

To be fair, Theresa is the one provoking this situation by trying to take Tate away from his dad.  Tate should not know who she is, she left when he was so young.  The same goes for Arianna when it comes to Will.  Not to mention, Brady has been the stable parent and home that Tate has had..

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:35 PM, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, Theresa is the one provoking this situation by trying to take Tate away from his dad.

I'm pretty sure Brady threatened that course of action first, even if Theresa was the one to actually file.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm pretty sure Brady threatened that course of action first, even if Theresa was the one to actually file.

He threatened it, but didn't do it and even told her he had no intention of doing it before and after she filed.   Brady is an idiot and an asshole pretty much all the time.  But this is on Theresa and she is absolutely doing it because she's mad at Brady.

I'm really not a fan of any of the characters in this story line.  I like Eve and Theresa each, but like neither of their actions in this story, at least not since Eve initially broke of the engagement.  Since learning about Chloe and Theresa tipping off El Fideo about the rescue (admittedly shitty things Theresa did), Eve has become unpleasantly nasty. 

Theresa has also been pretty awful.  I would have a lot more sympathy for her if she hadn't spent every second since her return lying to and attempting to manipulate both Brady and Eve.  Hell, the three times she saw Brady after he walked out, she spent all of that time with him trying to cajole or extort Brady into bed apparently based on the bizarre premise that the reason Brady chose Eve is because he forgot how good they were in bed together.  (Points to JJ for pointing out that she must have a very high opinion about her skills in that area).  She went to his hotel room twice and didn't ask to see Tate either time.  So no.

Brady I can take of leave.  I don't appreciate his attitude about 80% of the time.  But I do think he has the higher ground where Theresa is concerned.  I mean, she tried to kill his father twice, framed him for it, and then blackmailed Melanie out of town and his life with threats of taking Tate.  Trying to take Tate seems to be her go-to move when Brady doesn't capitulate to being in a relationship with her.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 7

@RachelKM, thanks for putting this whole crapfest of a story with Eve/Brady/Theresa into perspective and explaining why I can't with any of them. But as far as far as Theresa/Brady are concerned about Tate, I also agree: Brady is an SOB and acts like a dick much of the time. But HE has been the stable parent for the kid.

And if Theresa was trying to get Tate because he is her child and she feared being left out of his life, that's one thing. But it's clear she is doing it to punish Brady. So, I give no shits about her suffering here.

Not that Eve is any better shakes, but Brady/Theresa are Tate's parents, and Eve should butt the hell out, so...

• Love 3

Week of July 16:

Days spoilers for Monday July 16:

Kayla and Steve eagerly anticipate a meeting about Steve’s new eye, but a tense cross with Stefan threatens to derail everything.

Days spoilers for Tuesday July 17:

Brady faces having to say good-bye to his son.

Days spoilers for Wednesday July 18:

Jennifer is determined to find out how the drugs ended up in JJ's apartment.

Days spoilers for Thursday July 19:

Hope and Rafe press Ben to admit he set the fire.

Days spoilers for Friday July 20:

Gabi "accidentally" reveals Abigail's secret.

Will receives a shocking note.

More...

• Love 3

Are there really no fresh ideas for story lines out there? I like some of the suggestions here far better than the constant stream of  rapemurderkidnappingstockholmsyndromemissingbodiesdeadpeoplenotbeingdeadsurprisepregnancy usually at the expense of women or young children. 

can no one ever accidentally kill someone and do the right thing by calling it in?

In this day and age, does any one in soap land ever have protected sex?

Why couldn't Sonny and Will reported Leo's accidental death

Why couldn't Ben have used Ciara's phone to call 911 when he found her, which can be done even if the phone is locked

It's so frustrating for tptb to always pander to the most stupid plot line. How about trying to surprise us once in awhile - have somebody do the right thing for a change instead of creating more issues by trying to cover up. Have two people hop into bed and not make a baby! 

Just change it up once every few years to throw the viewers off!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, salvame said:

Are there really no fresh ideas for story lines out there? I like some of the suggestions here far better than the constant stream of  rapemurderkidnappingstockholmsyndromemissingbodiesdeadpeoplenotbeingdeadsurprisepregnancy usually at the expense of women or young children. 

can no one ever accidentally kill someone and do the right thing by calling it in?

In this day and age, does any one in soap land ever have protected sex?

Why couldn't Sonny and Will reported Leo's accidental death

Why couldn't Ben have used Ciara's phone to call 911 when he found her, which can be done even if the phone is locked

It's so frustrating for tptb to always pander to the most stupid plot line. How about trying to surprise us once in awhile - have somebody do the right thing for a change instead of creating more issues by trying to cover up. Have two people hop into bed and not make a baby! 

Just change it up once every few years to throw the viewers off!

That would require writing talent and caring about the finished product. I still think that Ken Corday is the reason why the show is so boring and lifeless.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, salvame said:

In his/Ciara's defense, the phone's battery was dead.

I mean, it's a soap, people don't call 911. They don't call the police when they accidentally kill someone. They have unprotected sex. These things have been part of soaps forever. It's not necessarily the plots themselves imo, it's the writing and, in many cases, the acting, that really makes everything so stupid and boring now. And yea, the repetition of the same 3 stories over and over.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

In his/Ciara's defense, the phone's battery was dead.

I mean, it's a soap, people don't call 911. They don't call the police when they accidentally kill someone. They have unprotected sex. These things have been part of soaps forever. It's not necessarily the plots themselves imo, it's the writing and, in many cases, the acting, that really makes everything so stupid and boring now. And yea, the repetition of the same 3 stories over and over.

The writing and the acting is not good enough to elevate the trope. 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That would require writing talent and caring about the finished product. I still think that Ken Corday is the reason why the show is so boring and lifeless.

Agreed. Ron is a pretty good writer and his stories can be crazy fun. You can tell which one's are his "babies" like Will's return, Abby/Stefan and Ben/Ciara but they are not without his interference. I think Ron has been fumbling since Will came back in terms of storytelling, that was his best story so far. He hasn't been able to recapture the Fall of 2017 when the stories, at least Will's was really good, but it was also carried by solid actors so that's probably the major difference CM/DH/AS/ED. Ken definitely interferes though, and it makes me wonder how long it will be until Ron gets sick of it and walks, unless they just fire him lol. 

It makes me wonder who would be asked back if/when Ron gets fired or quits. I mean DAYS is doing fine but Ken has fired people over stupid things in the past so it's bound to happen at some point. I wonder if it would be some combo of TomSell next. I didn't hate their writing and actually loved them, although I liked MarDar better during that period. Ultimately I would want JER 1.0 but that's impossible since he's dead, 2.0 wasn't really a thing since he didn't even want to be writing for DAYS but NBC made him.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3

Theresa should've taken Tate and bounced a long time ago. I'm not here for Victor "striking back" at her when he was just her supporter for her sacrifice for Tate and Brady. 

I guess now we'll get a week of Brady moping and being a whiny man baby even though this time he has a good reason to behave as so. 

Gabi should 100% resent anything about Gabby, from the bad accent and wig to the insipid take on her character. I'm not really a Gabi fan... she's alright... but Abby's version of Gabi was insulting.

• Love 5

As far as Victor, Brady, and Theresa goes, I think it's just coming down to the old adage of blood being thicker. Brady is his grandson, so I'm not surprised Victor's "loyalty", to Theresa, such as it was, turned.

• Love 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As far as Victor, Brady, and Theresa goes, I think it's just coming down to the old adage of blood being thicker. Brady is his grandson, so I'm not surprised Victor's "loyalty", to Theresa, such as it was, turned.

It is maddening that the show has never played up the Victor/Kim/Shane/Andrew custody battle in regards to Theresa/Tate/Brady..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Theresa should've taken Tate and bounced a long time ago. I'm not here for Victor "striking back" at her when he was just her supporter for her sacrifice for Tate and Brady. 

I guess now we'll get a week of Brady moping and being a whiny man baby even though this time he has a good reason to behave as so. 

Gabi should 100% resent anything about Gabby, from the bad accent and wig to the insipid take on her character. I'm not really a Gabi fan... she's alright... but Abby's version of Gabi was insulting.

I agree with this whole post especially the bit about Victor striking back at Theresa--this whole mess of a storyline has been horrifying to watch and neither Brady, Eve or Theresa is rootable in this custody hearing situation.  

It seems to me that the show dropped MM's Gabby using a different accent rather quickly, maybe because MM couldn't pull it off or because the show realized how offensive it was to have a white woman mimic a Latina woman..  I am all in for Gabi's  "accidentally" revealing dear sweet Ab's secret--let the games begin.

And "Will receives a shocking note" could also have possibilities, especially if we get to see Will's being clever and exposing the would-be blackmailer--I'm assuming it's a blackmail note--and being the one to save the day regarding the Sonny and Leo situation.

• Love 4

I read that part of Theresa's exit is finding out Kimberly's cancer is back and taking Tate to California to be with her.

Also, duh, Gabi switches the paternity test results.  I mean...I'm all for her fucking with Abigail, but I feel like this will just wipe all the legitimate gripes she has against her away.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I read that part of Theresa's exit is finding out Kimberly's cancer is back and taking Tate to California to be with her.

Also, duh, Gabi switches the paternity test results.  I mean...I'm all for her fucking with Abigail, but I feel like this will just wipe all the legitimate gripes she has against her away.

True, in the interim, her life will go to hell and I am here for it.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I am worried that Stefan O. being the "father" of the baby will make Abigail soften to him.  "Well maybe part of me did want to sleep with him, and we conceived this baby, so it was okay."  NO!  He 100% knew she were mentally ill when he eagerly slept with her, it was rape.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am worried that Stefan O. being the "father" of the baby will make Abigail soften to him.  "Well maybe part of me did want to sleep with him, and we conceived this baby, so it was okay."  NO!  He 100% knew she were mentally ill when he eagerly slept with her, it was rape.

I think that will happen, plus, Abigail has said twice that she cheated on Chad. So, the show is trying to walk it back, but, it is too late, for me.  I think that the real Gabby and Stefan should be tested to see if they have chemistry.  Stefan falling for the real Gabby would be an interesting angle for the show..

• Love 3

I am not pleased that Gabi will switch the paternity results. There are others ways for her to get back at Abby. This just seems low effort and cheap "drama" that will ultimately make everyone pissed at Gabi while Abby is the poor victim yet again. I'm tired of every Abby story ending with a variation of how it wasn't her fault. TPTB are tiresome with that mess. 

Also, YAAAAWN at this baby being Chad's too. I have always felt Thomas should've been Ben's, especially with all the sex Ben & Abby were having during their relationship plus that ridiculous timeline that in no way could have Chad as the father. There is no good long-term conflict nor drama if TPTB keep making each of Abby's 'who is the daddy?' stories result in Chad being the father of her baby. So boring.

I guess Kim's cancer being back is a half-ass attempt to give a reason to viewers why Shane & Kim weren't around for Theresa's return (we know it's budget but their absence is a glaring hole, esp as Shane also could've been in Brady's face to reaffirm why Theresa made the choice she did). At least Theresa leaves with Tate. I'm sure when she leaves that it'll be weeks of Eve and Brady running down Theresa. Meh. I actually think that while this story did Brady, Eve, and Theresa no favors at all, Eve may be the one who comes out looking the worst cause she was the most stable seeming going in.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

I am not pleased that Gabi will switch the paternity results. There are others ways for her to get back at Abby. This just seems low effort and cheap "drama" that will ultimately make everyone pissed at Gabi while Abby is the poor victim yet again. I'm tired of every Abby story ending with a variation of how it wasn't her fault. TPTB are tiresome with that mess. 

Also, YAAAAWN at this baby being Chad's too. I have always felt Thomas should've been Ben's, especially with all the sex Ben & Abby were having during their relationship plus that ridiculous timeline that in no way could have Chad as the father. There is no good long-term conflict nor drama if TPTB keep making each of Abby's 'who is the daddy?' stories result in Chad being the father of her baby. So boring.

I guess Kim's cancer being back is a half-ass attempt to give a reason to viewers why Shane & Kim weren't around for Theresa's return (we know it's budget but their absence is a glaring hole, esp as Shane also could've been in Brady's face to reaffirm why Theresa made the choice she did). At least Theresa leaves with Tate. I'm sure when she leaves that it'll be weeks of Eve and Brady running down Theresa. Meh. I actually think that while this story did Brady, Eve, and Theresa no favors at all, Eve may be the one who comes out looking the worst cause she was the most stable seeming going in.  

IA abby always being the victim has gotten old.I mean even when she did shitty things like having an affair with EJ somehow she came out as the victim and Sami as the villian.

• Love 8
(edited)
40 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Chad would be baby daddy even if he never have sex with Abigail just like Bo who should not be daddy to Ciara.

Zack neither. He was either John's or Stefano's. However, I am glad that they retconned Zack.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is second of the TPTB's three favorite methods of excusing Abby's behavior.  Right up there with "She's young and Naive" and "Mental illness magically cured by a visit with grandma Laura" is the "Person Abby wrongs goes off the rails and does something disproportionate/illegal/etc." thereby diminishing or even justifying Abby's behavior. See also Sami and Ben. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 7

One thing I hate is Abigail still hasn’t really owned up to what her alter did to Gabi and why.   She’s keeps saying she’d never hurt Gabi but immediately after Andre’s murder she choose a persona that implicated Gabi and then she and Stefan took steps to ensure Gabi would be found gulity.   Yet Abigail still won’t acknowledge her subconcious resentment towards Gabi and why her alter was so willing to ruin Gabi’s life.  I get the show gave Abigail the mental illness get out of jail card and so she’s not supposed to be responsible for her actions but the alters’ choices make it clear that Abigail has unresolved issues with Chad and Gabi about their romantic history that Abigail is continuing to ignore.  Abigail committed a murder, framed her best friend, and cheated on her husband and yet Gabi’s the one who got punished.  I hate that Abigail got all this support from people in town and that Gabi doesn’t have a single person whose 100% on her side acknowledging how horribly Abigail has treated Gabi.  Gabi needs a snarky friend who will give Abigail the side eye and not drink the “poor little Abigail” koolaide. 

I hate the way they’ve piled so much suffering on Gabi just so that they have her turn into a villian probably to try to make Abigail and Stefan seem sympathetic.   Then everyone will turn on Gabi and we’ll have to see Julie saying “I told you so” about how horrible she thinks Gabi is.   The quick forgiveness and understanding for her misdeeds Abigail got will not be offered to Gabi and Gabi will just be the bad guy who hurt poor little Abgail.  At this point, I really don’t care what Gabi does to Abigail and Stefan.  I’m on Gabi’s side because the story is weighted too much in Abigail’s favor, and I’m so annoyed by that.   No matter what Gabi does she’s going to get crapped on, and she isn’t allowed to win.  I just want Gabi to have a happy moment.  I want her to reconcile with her daughter.   I want her to have a great love story where the guy doesn’t treat her as a consolation prize or cheat on her.  Her best friend ruined her life, won’t acknowledge why, and got away with it.  Yet the writers want Gabi to turn into the bad guy.  I just can’t with that.   Gabi can do whatever horrible thing she wants to Abigail and Stefan, and I will cheer Gabi on.  

• Love 14

@Luckylyn I totally agree that Gabi deserves happiness.  This storyline is clearly designed to drive her dark.  And it throws everyone under the bus to do it.  Will and Sonny should be right there by Gabi - but they're busy covering up the murder of Leo.  Rafe should be there - but he's busy holding Hope's hand. JJ should notice - but he's busy getting Theresa through her crisis.

And then there is Abigail and Chad.  Abigail has, IMO, tried to broach how unforgivable her actions were. And Gabi has shut her down.  But Abigail needs to insist that they talk about WHY Abigail chose Gabi.  Was there resentment or only admiration?  And Chad needs to engage. Pronto.  Both of them (Abigail and Chad, are letting Gabi brush this under the rug while secretly festering).  This is not going to end well.  

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Per above, I don't care a bit about Ciara and Zack making no sense as being Bo's. I'm just glad both were.

I do think that Ciara being  Patrick's daughter would have been a good story for Bo. It would be a full circle moment with his own paternity drama with Victor and Shawn. The only difference, he would know, at the outset, that Ciara is not his biologically.  I could imagine a very good conversation between him and Shawn about his struggles to accept and love Ciara , as his own..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

Gabi needs a snarky friend who will give Abigail the side eye and not drink the “poor little Abigail” koolaide. 

Calling Ann Milbaur. She already hates Abigail, and she's really good at snark.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I do think that Ciara being  Patrick's daughter would have been a good story for Bo. It would be a full circle moment with his own paternity drama with Victor and Shawn. The only difference, he would know, at the outset, that Ciara is not his biologically.  I could imagine a very good conversation between him and Shawn about his struggles to accept and love Ciara , as his own..

I hated Patrick, hence my being glad about Ciara being Bo's. I despised the whole Lockhart clan, actually. No one should have to be saddled with their genes.  :-)

• Love 1

And it begins, because the promo's all, "Oh what a wicked bitch!" re: Gabi.  It shows her burning the original paternity results, clueing in Stefan O., and then Chad and Stefan O. slugging each other and blah blah about spiders and wicked webs and stuff.  Meanwhile, I am so here for it.  Take these fools down, Gabi.

• Love 4

Gabi is horrible but Abigail even after she and her side piece framed Gabi for prison is  saint.

8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why is Bo allowed to have children with another woman but all of Hope's children must be Bo's?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Gabi is horrible but Abigail even after she and her side piece framed Gabi for prison is  saint.

Why is Bo allowed to have children with another woman but all of Hope's children must be Bo's?

As far as I am concerned, all of Bo's children are with Hope. Swamp Baby was DEAD ON SCREEN. Krista Allen's version carried around that dead kid in a suitcase. I pretend Chelsea is a con.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Abigail has a mental illness, she wasn't in her right mind to hurt Gabi.

Gabi is hurting her and Chad on purpose.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Not disagreeing, but I think the board gremlins are at it again as I did not write the post this is referring to.  :-)

(edited)
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Good so because poor put upon abby has a mental illness Gabi isn't allowed to be pissed at her.Gabi would have to be a saint not to be pissed after all the crap  she went through because of abby and her altars.Screw that it's one of the reasons I despise abby.

Edited by Harmony233
Added something
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

I don't care about Abby's pain, she has hurt people and gotten away with it.. In the end, we all know that Gabi will suffer for going against the Horton Princess..

• Love 12

Abby has a convenient mental illness (DID) that developed after she killed Andre and couldn't deal with it, so splintered into new personalities who main purpose seemed to be to protect Abby by framing Gabi.

Meanwhile, this is not the same mental illness that Abby had already had experienced when she suffered PTSD when she was having hallucinations, setting people on fire and setting mental hospital on fire. Rather than dealing with her mental illness, she escapes the mental hospital while still suffering from hallucinations, fakes her death, and has her grandmother treat her for her mental illness.

I would argue that if Abby had originally stayed in the hospital and given the doctors a chance to diagnose her correctly, she would not have lost so much time away from her family, Chad would have been by her side, and she would have been more mentally prepared to face the world when she would have been released. She wouldn't have formed that delusional best friend relationship with a serial killer in Andre, and she would have to worry that Chad fell in love with another woman.

• Love 9