Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Why is everyone on this show so gross?

Luis: I am your dad now. Aggressively badgering that little girl. Having a completely inappropriate conversation with her.  

David Poor's Friend: How about you give me a massage? Gross! She's not a whore, no matter how much money you spent on her (And yes I realize David Poor has no funds and I have no idea how he got approved for a K1 visa). I thought the friend's wife was the sane person but... I watched her closely. She didn't even blink while he was proposing that. What happened?!

Andrrrrrrrrrei: She's genetically different, as a woman, she has more feelings about things. Uh... wow. No words. Did he come from 1851?

Evelyn: It's a shame that your family and friends can't come to the wedding because they're a poor. Boo-hoo, no help here.

It's getting un-fun.

It was like pow! Wham! One thing after another tonight.  

12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Luis, you may mean well, but you are not automatically your soon to be stepchildrens' parent - a step parent. You may get very little if any input in to how Molly and her children's fathers raise their daughters.   A child will not love you within 2 days. Yeah, country life is boring for you too. Maybe if you had a car and could be more independent - but walking the dog and babysitting are not what you had in mind. Molly's family are putting the truth out there for you.

How very inappropriate for Molly to leave her child with this stranger.  What is wrong with people?

I really want to know what Molly's dad's tshirt said.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

I watched her closely. She didn't even blink while he was proposing that. What happened?!

Watch again.  Her face froze instantly.  She stared straight ahead and down.  She is used to these inappropriate outbursts.  And why dos she not have more say in this situation?  Why has she agreed to let strangers move into her house, having one small child and being in her third trimester?  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

How very inappropriate for Molly to leave her child with this stranger.  What is wrong with people?

Yes.  And what was the childcare situation for the girl before Loverboy showed up?  

Edited by Sprockets
spasm
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, Lambie said:

The Thai massage comment was nuts. Insane. Wildly offensive on a show that's so messed up anyway. I really thought it was a joke but there was no laugh. And WTF, the dude seriously doesn't even have a US bank account right now? What on earth made him think he could afford this?!

Didn't Poor David mention a couple of episodes ago that his best friend lent him lots of money already? And now he's going to be living in his house because he can't afford a place of his own? I'm starting to wonder if David went in search of a Thai wife so that she can eventually support him.

• Love 8

I don't think a lot of people care who they leave the kids with.

I could see Molly having Luis around when she is with her youngest child. And then slowly have him spend an hour with her and then increase the time - if there aren't any issues or concerns.

Michaela should hopefully understand that Evelyn is responsible for her own life choices and their consequences. The mistakes she is making are hers to make and learn from. Her karma.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ChiCricket said:

I prefer to think of him as Broke Ass David...Poor David sounds too sympathetic 

To be honest, Broke Ass David strikes me as a decent guy. Yeah, down on his luck and a little sad sack, but fundamentally nice. I also think Annie is nice and sincere. Not sure what she's doing with him, though. His level of broke-assness is not easy to deal with, and she seems like the type to stick things out with him. Then again, I could be totally misreading them.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I am pretty sure that we all saw Aika’s vulva as she was walking to the car in that short skirt.

Vulva? I thought it was a Jeep! (sorry, it's a family joke) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Yes.  And what was the childcare sutation for the girl before Loverboy showed up?  

Doesn't brother Molly live with her?  I hope he's still around for the kids sake. I did like when he and Louise were doing the yard work together & chilling with some beer. Brother Molly seems like a good guy, hope he doesn't turn into an asshole later. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Buddies --- So, Nicole has cheated on Azan twice now?  Yikes.

Boredom + emasculation = cheating. 

So what's Nicole's excuse? She's a spoiled brat.  And Sprockets" YOU ARE ON FIRE!!!!

Edited by goofygirl
that lying down while typing and wine drinking
  • Love 2

I want Nicole to come out the other side of this on the side of the road like the garbage she is. There is nothing redeeming about her. What a vile, nasty, narcissistic bitch. 

• Love 12

That David Spain welcome party was unbelievably uncomfortable... the aunt was jonesing for sloppy seconds (or I guess firsts, since they're both *devout* virgins), and why on Earth is Mikayla even friends with Evelyn?

Edited by Standard Staples
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, NinaH said:

Doesn't brother Molly live with her?  I hope he's still around for the kids sake. I did like when he and Louise were doing the yard work together & chilling with some beer. Brother Molly seems like a good guy, hope he doesn't turn into an asshole later. 

So Molly's got herself two house boys now? And I'm over here doing my own yard work, child care and driving...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Splithair said:

If Josh lives in Arizona, why did he pick up Aika at the Los Angeles airport?  They do have airports in Arizona

2 tanks of gas will get you to Cali from Az vs Airfare? Again with the TLC paupers.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

That David Spain welcome party was unbelievably uncomfortable... the aunt was jonesing for sloppy seconds (or I guess firsts, since they're both *devout* virgins), and why on Earth is Mikayla even friends with Evelyn?

Sometimes you have a 'forced' friendship. I am supposed to be 'friends' with my cousin's friend and neighbour, but I passed.

1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

Molly's father is a loudmouthed, judgmental racist fuck.  He also has the longest ear lobes I've ever seen on a human.  

I kept thinking that the dad's earlobes have that cease that they say can be a predictor of heart disease. I focus on weird stuff I've heard of like that.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hero said:

I hate myself for thinking this because he is such a prick, but I think Andrei is so sexy. 

Omg, i agree! Totally not my type but i couldn't take my eyes off of him....still thinking about him now. The way he holds her head when he kisses her....the way he looked in the jeans he wore to the airport...the decisive way he said if he doesn't get the visa, he & Elizabeth will go on with their lives wherever. Omg what a snack! 

1 hour ago, Lambie said:

The Thai massage comment was nuts. Insane. Wildly offensive on a show that's so messed up anyway. I really thought it was a joke but there was no laugh. 

This was the high point of the season!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Evelyn is a smile talker.  Even when she is saying something demeaning, inappropriate, insensitive, rude, unsympathetic, dismissive or petulant, she just has that chilling pasted on smile through it all.

I want someone to wipe that smug grin off her Veruca Salt face.  Pronto 

Yes! I never trust anyone who smiles regardless of the topic or emotion. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, calpurnia99 said:

It shows shows that the guy is an IDIOT and immature and knows NOTHING about the world, about children, about families, about relationships.  He was hurt that she didn't love him after 2 days? That she was not accepting him as father after a few days? Is he for real? Yes he IS for real: the whole scenario makes it look like he has a very low IQ or just a lack of common sense and ANYTHING. Moron! Even Kinsley knew this was fucked up. 

I think he's just dumb but meant well.

1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

He's aggressively everything.  

Imagining what he's like in bed!

• Love 8

I couldn't believe how Nicole relentlessly badgered Asan about asking his aunt about sharing a room in her house. What must the family have thought when he basically asked in front of everybody, "Nicole wants me to ask you if it's okay if we stay in a room together" [and disrespect you and our Muslim religious practices]. Kudos to Auntie for not batting an eye and saying firmly "no, no mar-ri-ah-zhe" but still Nicole persisted arguing that "But it's supposed to be okay in a home..." I guess "My house, my rules" applies even in Morocco. 

• Love 21
41 minutes ago, Splithair said:

Why do so many guys on this show have eyebrows with vertical lines in them? Luis, Azan, Brother Evelyn. Is this a trend I'm unaware of?

Just a trend.

20 minutes ago, Standard Staples said:

That David Spain welcome party was unbelievably uncomfortable... the aunt was jonesing for sloppy seconds

Omg i got that impression, too! Lol

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

It was incredibly inappropriate, but having visited Thailand many times, I can't agree with your comment that "She's not a whore."

1. David met her in a bar, one presumably frequented by and oriented towards Western men
2. Many Thai women who work in bars frequented by white men, who are open to "dating" those white customers, are whores

3. She has multiple tattoos. Many, many thai hookers have tattoos and most Thai women who are not hookers don't have tattoos.

4. She's from a poor village but was working in Bangkok and speaks English OK despite presumably being not well educated due to her poverty. Those are commonalities with many Thai hookers

5. She's marrying a white guy twice her age, who she says is not handsome, which many Thai hookers aspire to.

6. She suggested that a proper sin sot for herself might be 2 million- 3 million baht, which is absurdly high for someone of her status, age and appearance. This, and her other financial demands,  suggests hooker-like scamming.

In short, I'm getting a fairly strong whore vibe from her.

Many women in impoverished countries have very limited options for employment. Trying to survive isn't a character flaw. I know plenty of Florida gals who have married an old fat wallet and it doesn't make them scumbags. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Even my black heart has to tell me no one would ever want to make another person cry like that.  It's so heartless.  David is stupid and Evelyn is a brat but if they are really like that to someone as innocuous as Mikayla then they are going directly to hell without passing Go, collecting 200 dollars.

No one should be made to cry but at some point Mykayla needs to fall back. She's said her peace (or is it piece?) & now needs to let it go. David's welcome party is neither the time nor place for her to continue voicing her objections. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I thought it was inappropriate for Luis to aggressively tell the little girl that he is her new dad.

3 hours ago, TigerLily20 said:

I felt so also.....plus he's watching this child after only knowing her for a week since the Mom works all the time.....just weird.....uggg

and don't get me started on creepy guy asking for a massage.........nooooo....just no

I just can't believe Molly is trusting her precious daughter to this stranger!!!  What an imbecile.

3 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

AIKA'S EYEBROWS.

That is all.

2 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

They ALMOST distracted me from her contacts. Almost. But those contacts were also a lot. And her wonky lashes in the interview; I feel like staring at her face is going to be Anfisa-levels of engrossing.

I could not believe her eyes!  The first blue ones did make her look like she was from outer space!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, gavinmac said:

If I have learned one thing from 90DF, it's that welcoming parties for foreign fiances are the perfect time for friends and family members to awkwardly confront him or her by saying "Hi, nice to meet you, I think you're using my friend for a green card." 

Spot on. Although I still think Pao's "welcome" may have been the most classic... girl comes down to breakfast in lingerie, butt hanging completely out. The frumpy Mom angrily stares her down, the brother is thunderstruck and the Dad has a brief mental affair with his son's fiancee.

• Love 22

I am watching the episode now. Azan and Nicole could work, if Nicole would just grow up and act like she's in an adult relationship. Azan and May melt my heart. I died when Luis and Molly's young one were together and she told Luis that he is not her father. From personal experience I can say trying to force a kid to accept having a new dad will backfire badly. I don't care about the Moldovan-Irish dude right now. Evelyn is a bitch and the Makayla-David interaction at the party felt really unnatural. I don't know why they're exploiting her being single like it's such a bad thing. I just got to the Thai massage scene. Fuck that's inappropriate. Why not just ask to wife swap? Now I'm on Molly at her family farm. I used to work in rural northwest GA and that accent pierces my eardrums. I still can't make out half of what people with that accent are saying. TLC should use subtitles on them rather than the foreigners speaking english clearly enough.

Edited by pollywood
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Pfj99 said:

If Josh lives in Arizona, why did he pick up Aika at the Los Angeles airport?  They do have airports in Arizona.

Probably cheaper to drive 5 hours to LA than pay for that leg of the ticket from LAX-PHX. Josh isn't exactly rolling in dough.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Elizabeth is not willing to move to Moldova. 

She's confusing it with Narnia.

Luis and Kensley did a nice recreation of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker I am your Father/you are Not my Father tonight.  All it was missing was some light sabers and dramatic music.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I kept waiting for the uncomfortable laughter and the "ha ha just kidding" after the massage request...and it didn't come.  I'm surprised the wife didn't haul off and slap him after that.  That was beyond inappropriate.

The most cringeworthy moment I have seen on this show.  Period.

And did you notice how frosty the conversation became after she said no.   Prior to the massage solicitation it was all "mi casa es su casa" but after?  "The idea is to get you to move out as soon as possible" and "we don't want you to become too dependent."

I think Chris was planning to use David's fiance as a sexual surrogate during his wife's pregnancy, and I think Chris' wife was on board with that.   It felt like Chris was sending an unspoken message to David, "You owe me, buddy."   That was all just too fucking weird.

That said, I just want to proclaim that 90 Day Fiance is the gift that keeps on giving.   There is sooo much to snark on in this episode ... 

• Love 21

Okay I want to change my mind on something. Azan just needs to dump Nicole. They're not right for each other and not ready for marriage, to anyone. Also where does Azan live? Does he not have his own place? He's too passive, just shrugging all the time. He isn't ready for a commitment, either.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

The most cringeworthy moment I have seen on this show.  Period.

And did you notice how frosty the conversation became after she said no.   Prior to the massage solicitation it was all "mi casa es su casa" but after?  "The idea is to get you to move out as soon as possible" and "we don't want you to become too dependent."

I think Chris was planning to use David's fiance as a sexual surrogate during his wife's pregnancy, and I think Chris' wife was on board with that.   It felt like Chris was sending an unspoken message to David, "You owe me, buddy."   That was all just too fucking weird.

That said, I just want to proclaim that 90 Day Fiance is the gift that keeps on giving.   There is sooo much to snark on in this episode ... 

YES. "If your wife won't repay your debts sexually you need to gtfo"

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Boy, Evelyn is a spoiled little bitch, isn't she? Anything is suggested that SHE doesn't want, and it's lip out and stare at her lap..."Stop talking about it, I'm getting angry."

Run, David run! Having a New Hampshire virgin is not worth it. Go back to Spain and enjoy your life.

I'm on Evelyn's side when it comes to the tuxedos and the awkwardness of being expected to provide accommodations for snooty David's friends and family.   Tuxedos aren't unreasonable, while asking friends to put up complete strangers in their home is.

I doubt an American would go off to Spain and start dictating terms about how traditions and ceremonies have to be altered to accommodate American expectations.   David's a controlling, condescending, paunchy ass.   That's why he wants to be with someone so young -- so he can order her around.

What David said to Michaela was meant to hurt.   His plan of action is clear: he sees Michaela as an adversary and is determined to break up Evelyn and Michaela's friendship as quickly as possible to guarantee that he is the only influence in Evelyn's life.   After that, he'll try to alienate Evelyn from her parents and family.  I suspect that's also part of why he is so anxious to spirit Evelyn out of town.   

• Love 5