Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 9/25/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday:
Actor and rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson ("50 Central"); View Your Deal, with hottest items at affordable prices.

Tuesday:
Day of Hot Topics

Wednesday:

Actress Sofia Vergara ("Modern Family").

Thursday:

Actor Larry David ("Curb Your Enthusiasm")

Friday:

Actress Kristin Chenoweth ("American Gods"); actors Adam Scott and Craig Robinson ("Ghosted").

• Love 2

Can somebody please tell Whoopie that Black men got the right to vote in 1870 and Black women got the right to vote in 1920, along with White women. She is confusing the Jim crow laws of the south that was put in place to deny Black people their constitutional rights and that included the right to vote in elections. There was a time that Black people used to vote Republican, out of loyalty, for freeing their ancestors from slavery.   I get annoyed when she keeps saying that Black people got the right to vote in 1968. That is simply not true. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Can somebody please tell Whoopie that Black men got the right to vote in 1870 and Black women got the right to vote in 1920, along with White women. She is confusing the Jim crow laws of the south that was put in place to deny Black people their constitutional rights and that included the right to vote in elections. There was a time that Black people used to vote Republican, out of loyalty, for freeing their ancestors from slavery.   I get annoyed when she keeps saying that Black people got the right to vote in 1968. That is simply not true. 

Also, the post Civil War White Supremacists (particularly in the South) were Democrats, where they remained until the Civil Rights Act.  After the Civil Rights Act, they jumped over to the Republicans, where they remain to this day.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Did anyone mention on the show that today is Barbara's 88th birthday? 

There was a banner on the bottom at the very end said Happy Birthday Barbara'  while Oprahs fave things had the full screen   That's all I saw. ?

7 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

In the future when Meghan McCain is causing everyone to scream at their tv, I will be here to say I told you so. Because Im petty like that.?

Oh, I think we all know it's only a matter of time.  

Besides, it's more fun to scream.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I can NOT believe that both Sara and Sunny believe there was or is a gay teletubby.  Listening to Jerry Falwell I see?  

SMH! 

Good on the producers for fixing that one because my head was gonna explode! 

• Love 2

I was disappointed Whoopi apologized for using 'bum-in-chief.' I was hoping that would be a regular nickname. And I actually agreed with her when they were talking about the father whose daughter is dating a married man that's twice her age with kids; sometimes a person needs to get burned to learn if they're that stupid.

I'm not surprised those ear devices can cause hearing loss in the long-term. Poor Joy. Although I couldn't help thinking that Sherri's screaming, Elisabeth's high-pitched screeching, and Jedi's barking might have contributed to the hearing loss, too, considering they sat to that side of her.

• Love 6

If someone can get this to Sunny, I would appreciate it. 

The reason for wearing clean undies and socks in case you have an accident and need medical care is NOT because you will shame your family. It is because medical staff will see it and not give you the best care.  My grandmother would say that ( she worked in a large hospital for over a decade 50's and 60's), my mother would tell us that.  And yes, I have said that to my child knowing it makes no sense. That's parenting for you!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And I actually agreed with her when they were talking about the father whose daughter is dating a married man that's twice her age with kids; sometimes a person needs to get burned to learn if they're that stupid.

Actually, the discussion was disappointing because they never specified the age of the daughter in the scenario.   A 16 year old dating a 32 year old is a different situation than a 22 year old dating a 44 year old.  Parents are supposed to step in and stop teenagers from making poor decisions.  Once kids are adults and on their own, then it's time to say they "make your own decisions." 

• Love 3

I was in the kitchen and heard Teletubbies being mentioned. That was all I needed to hear to know that the purple Teletubby myth was being perpetuated for some reason unknown to me at the time. I saw the part later where Whoopi had to issue a statement about the previous discussion.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I was in the kitchen and heard Teletubbies being mentioned. That was all I needed to hear to know that the purple Teletubby myth was being perpetuated for some reason unknown to me at the time. I saw the part later where Whoopi had to issue a statement about the previous discussion.

For all the misinformation this show spews, it's the gay Teletubby rumor they decide to correct. Too funny. 

• Love 10

wendy williams had a segment on her show this morning about jedidiah and how she must have been fired. how her fiancé wanted the network to pay for her engagement ring so he could propose on air, etc. it was good dirt.  i also think it is untrue she left to write a book!

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

My complaint with today's show was that they didn't talk about a couple of topics listed on the sidebar which would have been more interesting than the Teletubby conversation

Yes!  I kept waiting!  Do they normally do this?  I don't watch that often.  I just watch clips on FB.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

The reason for wearing clean undies and socks in case you have an accident and need medical care is NOT because you will shame your family. It is because medical staff will see it and not give you the best care.  My grandmother would say that ( she worked in a large hospital for over a decade 50's and 60's), my mother would tell us that.  And yes, I have said that to my child knowing it makes no sense. That's parenting for you!

I used to think the "mom programming" about wearing clean underwear was ridiculous...until the day I was in a car accident.  As I waited for EMS in my car that had been moved over 3 lanes of traffic, up over a snowbank, and was resting on it's side on the sidewalk, I was thanking the heavens that I had done laundry the night before and had my brand new underwear on instead of an "older" pair that I would have put on that morning.  I was relieved that my family and I would not be embarrassed by my old underwear.  In fact the undies I was wearing that day were a Christmas present from mom. She bought my sister and me new underwear every Christmas, birthday and random holiday. :)  Mom Programing is a powerful force.

• Love 8

I was sorry to miss the NFL discussion due to both sound issues and a neighbor dropping by.  They teased a clip of a guy burning his tickets and gear.  I know his sister. She said he was contacted by Fox for comments about the issue. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought it was a good show. Of course the interviews were a bit boring, but nothing bad at least. Sunny has been on her game with everything related to the NFL story the past few days.

What I don't get is why Sunny complains about the stadium crowd booing those players who were kneeling during the National Anthem. She says it is the players constitutional right to kneel in protest of what they feel is wrong with the country, but isn't it also a constitutional right for people to boo and be upset with it? Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression go both ways. Sunny, and many of the panel fail to grasp this concept.

• Love 7

I’m torn...on one hand I kind of dig the vibe of the current foursome. On the other hand, this show needs some voice/View with a different opinion. We suffered through the Jenny/Sherri season of everyone sitting around agreeing with each other already.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I’m torn...on one hand I kind of dig the vibe of the current foursome. On the other hand, this show needs some voice/View with a different opinion. We suffered through the Jenny/Sherri season of everyone sitting around agreeing with each other already.

I totally agree. The show is a borefest. Hopefully, Meghan Mccain can liven things up and NOT kiss Whoopi's ass.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

What I don't get is why Sunny complains about the stadium crowd booing those players who were kneeling during the National Anthem.

I didn't see the game...the pre-game.  Were people booing DURING the National Anthem?

• Love 2